The Way of the Wolf

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Not in a very good position. Especially if they are a violent, upset client," Venus admitted.

"If I have an asshole offending spouse for a client, they are extremely unlikely to want to get back together with their spouse, and just want to get out of the marriage, no matter how great your client is. So if your client offers a fair deal, they sign off and walk out. Or they don't and we start to dicker like any other client's business. My special strategy ONLY works if the two spouses are decent and deep down really want to find some way to stay together and work through it."

He looked a bit uncomfortable, but for some reason trusting this woman, lawyer or not, seemed the right thing to do. "A couple of lawyers I have worked with before; when they call up to arrange the meeting time, will casually remark that their client will be putting a completely fair offer on the table. And I might offer up that we will be there and my client might want to make a counteroffer -- or might not -- or that he or she expects more. Perfectly normal and expected communications. And plausibly deniable."

Venus looked at him; looked at him as if she were intent to look inside him and read the fine print off his soul. His return gaze slid past her defenses and her scars and accepted the person inside. They both broke their gazes at the same time with embarrassed chuckles, and talked small talk for the rest of the meal.

As they stood outside the restaurant, ready to go their separate ways, Steve turned to Venus and said, "Oh, councilor, the Way of the Wolf is not patented or copyrighted or trademarked in any way. Feel free to use it wherever you think it appropriate."

She smiled back. A genuine smile. "I will. Thanks. See you around."

They walked away in opposite directions, but after about 30 feet, they both turned their heads to look back. They caught each other's eye, blushed and smiled in a slightly self-conscious way, and then turned back and concentrated in not running into any other pedestrians.

Two years later, the following notice was prominent in the city's largest newspaper:

LEGAL NOTICE

Matthew Branson, Chief of Anesthesiology at First Memorial hospital informs everyone that he is no longer responsible for the debts or support of his wife, Janice Branson, former Doctor at Memorial Hospital Department of Emergency Medicine, and has established different residence and contact information. All contact should be handled through his solicitor, Jack Hardesty, until such time as the divorce is final.

This was just a few inches above the following:

LEGAL NOTICE

The firm of Wheeler Family Law and the firm of Anderson Family Law are merging and will be hereafter known as Wheeler and Wheeler Family Law. Current premises have closed, and operations have commenced at the new offices on the third floor of the Jacobs Building on the corner of First and Main, across from the courthouse. The firm is also opening a Day Care center in the building, and applications for enrollment will be taken starting Monday at 8 a.m.

Thank you for reading.