The White Hart

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As the sun began to sink and the land fell into twilight, the doe turned her head towards the meadow and grunted softly, listening carefully. Again she grunted, and soon enough a dark little shape darted through the grass, cavorting capriciously upon its long, thin legs. A little fawn, black as coal, bucked and galloped and pranced through the meadow until he was at Farrah's side, nuzzling against her shoulder affectionately. And then he saw Lachlan and froze, trembling. The doe stepped gently between her fawn and the king. To the fawn she dipped her head and nuzzled his cheek, murmuring "This is the king. He has come to see you, Tam."

The little fawn trembled, and whispered "He has come to see me?"

Lachlan chuckled and slowly took a seat upon the grass, holding out a hand gently for the fawn. Farrah nodded her head. "It's alright. He won't harm you."

As the timid, black fawn stepped over to the king, Lachlan remained still, just as gentle as he had been when he was a very young boy. The little black fawn sniffed at his fingers, nibbling on them curiously, never having seen a human hand up close. He then dared to get closer, sniffing at the king, stepping nearer and nearer until he nipped at Lachlan's cloak and bolted away, laughing and leaping with excitement. Farrah just watched him with gentle amusement, and Lachlan laughed.

Farrah smiled in quiet adoration as she watched Tam play in the meadow, saying softly "He is your brother."

The king nodded thoughtfully watching the little creature bound about. "He is quite spirited. I suppose my father still had some life left in him to get one more handsome son into the world." The doe chuckled and moved over to the king, settling down beside him to lay her head in his lap. As the king's large hands slid over her slim head and slender neck, he murmured "Can you ever forgive me, Farrah?"

"Only if you accept Tam into your family and raise him like your own son. He deserves better than this. He's the son of a king."

Lachlan nodded, his hand gentle upon her fur. "Should anyone ask, I will say that Tam is being brought to the castle as my foster son, to be raised with my own, as my own."

The doe nodded and closed her eyes. She would miss her child, of course, but Lachlan assured her that she would be given a cottage in the wood, and the right to visit the castle whenever she pleased to see her boy. The king was an honest man and good, for later in the season Farrah had her cottage and reigned within it like a proper lady of the wood. Her reputation spread, and many other magical folk came to see her, and came to know Lachlan. He was forgiven for the crime his father had committed that fateful winter's day, and the forest people pledged to live in peace with his kingdom forever more. Tam was taught how to change into a boy and was fostered lovingly at the castle, raised as a prince. He and Lachlan's son became the best of friends, loyal to each other and good to their subjects as they grew up into men.

As for Farrah herself, whenever the moon was full Lachlan would visit her, and for one night they would stay together. Every time he would knock on the door and open it, then hold out his hand in invitation. And every time, in the silvery light of the moon, Farrah would accept his invitation warmly, her hand slipping into his own. Since that spring the king was good to his word. While he lived his life as a king in his castle, his heart always remained with the white hind in her little cottage within the wood.