The White Specter Ch. 02

Story Info
A young, inexperienced superheroine faces evil thugs.
7.9k words
4.3
10.4k
10

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 07/29/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Wooooooohoooooo!" Luna shouted in excitement as she jumped from building to building.

For the past months, she practiced doing parkour. She also signed up for gymnastics training. She needed to be capable of fighting, flexible, and agile.

She also worked out regularly because staying invisible drains her stamina. One time she tested her limits and stayed invisible for as long as she could, but at thirty minutes she was panting and sweating hard. She undid her invisibility and took a break.

Because she couldn't fly, she watched countless videos on Youtube of men doing parkour on the rooftops.

For Luna, parkour was easy because of her enhanced strength and durability. When she fell during her earlier attempts, it didn't hurt as much as it was supposed to. Her abilities made her resilient.

Another good thing was that nobody saw her when she fell face-first on the pavement when she was practicing because she was invisible.

Now, Luna is a parkour veteran. During her stakeouts, she jumped from building to building, then took shortcuts by phasing through walls.

As Luna landed on the roof deck of another building she increased her speed. She sprinted as fast as she can then once she reached the edge of the deck, she jumped as high as she can.

"Ooooooooh yeeeahh!!!!" She shouted as she did a backflip before landing on the roof of the next building.

Although she wished she could fly, she enjoyed jumping from building to building. But at times it was inconvenient.

A week ago a car was stolen. Although she had enhanced strength, Luna/White Specter cannot outrun a car. The best she can do was 50kph.

To catch up with the stolen car, she had to "borrow" a man's motorcycle. She giggled as she remembered the look on the man's face when his motorcycle just started on its own and suddenly disappeared when Luna turned it invisible.

She was not famous yet, but she had started to make a name for herself. She wanted so badly to be asked by Stardame to join the Vindicators -- a team of Starling City's superheroes wherein Stardame was the leader.

"I wonder if they heard of me," Luna mumbled as she jumped to another building.

Being only a superhero for three months, White Specter/Luna only fought criminals and thugs. She hadn/t fought rogue Metahumans -- the people with gifts or powers that are not on the side of the law.

Unlike the rogue metas, The Vindicators was a team of superheroes or metas that protect the city. They cooperate with the city and its police force.

Luna had seen the Vindicators in action as they fought against rogue metas and captured them.

Because of the government's research division, Starling City has invented a Meta-suppressing device called A.M.C., abbreviation for Anti-Meta Cuffs.

These steel cuffs make the Metas powerless. The city's rogue meta task force with the help of the Vindicators uses these devices to capture and detain these villains in Watergate prison -- the jail for Metas.

Fortunately, White Specter's reputation was of a superheroine, and not a villain. She had not yet been recruited to the Vindicators, but she had cooperated with the local police force in catching criminals.

Luna couldn't even imagine fighting another meta. She had no experience. So far she had not encountered rogue metas yet.

"Yeah! That was fun!" Luna exclaimed after she jumped high up in the air from one roof, did a triple front flip, then landed gracefully on her toes onto the next rooftop of the building opposite the museum, her curvaceous figure being highlighted by her skin-tight suit and illuminated by the moonlight.

"Ooh, what have we here?" Luna purred when she watched the robbers emerge from the large doors of the museum.

Just as the robbers emerged, a police patrol car arrived.

"Freeze! Hands up where I can see them!" A cop shouted into the megaphone he was holding.

"Uh-oh," Luna muttered when the robbers pulled out their guns and then fired in response.

The cops ducked and hid behind the doors of their car.

After cracking her knuckles and stretching her arms, Luna stepped onto the edge of the rooftop.

"Showtime." The 20-year-old superheroine smiled to herself as she jumped from the edge of the rooftop.

Two storeys down, she grabbed the ledge of the building, then dropped to the pavement and did a superhero landing.

Too bad nobody saw that.

Luna planned to sneak on the robbers while being invisible, but things changed.

"Oh no." She said when one of the robbers brought a grenade launcher and aimed it at the cops.

"Run! Get away from there!" Luna shouted at the cops. They looked in her direction, but she was only met with looks of confusion.

Right! They couldn't see me! Fuck!

Luna immediately undid her invisibility. She tried to get the attention of the cops again, but it was too late.

She heard a loud bang and then saw the projectile that was fired from the grenade launcher. Mustering her strength, Luna jumped as far as she can.

When the cops saw the grenade launcher, they tried to fall to the ground and hid behind the police car, realizing that they were gonna get hit anyway.

Jason Miller closed his eyes when he saw the projectile about to hit the car.

"So this is it?" He thought to himself. At the young age of twenty-one years old and still a trainee cop, he's gonna die. He's gonna get blown to bits.

Luna landed in front of the two cops. In a swift motion, she wrapped her arms around them and pushed them down on the ground. Luna took a deep breath and phased them along with her just as the grenade hit the car beside them and exploded.

The flames, the debris, and everything that was blown up by the explosion simply passed through them.

Jason heard a loud explosion. "Goodbye, world." He thought to himself as he was getting blown to bits. But after the loud explosion, he can still feel the arm on his back. He slowly opened his eyes and he saw the senior cop he went with.

They looked at each other with the same question on their mind. "How are we alive?"

"You guys okay?" Jason heard a sweet, feminine voice on top of him.

He sat up then he gasped in surpriese. There was not a scratch on their bodies. They were miraculously unharmed!

Jason was the first to stand up, and when he turned around what he saw captivated him.

Standing behind the cops was a figure about his height. She was wearing a superhero costume. He can tell that she was a "she" because he ran his eyes all over her body.

Their savior wore a black & white spandex suit that hugged and emphasized her figure. He was captivated by the way her suit accented her long legs, her shapely thighs, the curve on her waist, and the two, gentle round bulges on her chest that suggested she had nice ample breasts.

On her face was a white mask that covered her entire face. Her head was covered in a white hoodie. Jason thought her mask looked like a ghost.

"You guys okay?" The heroine asked them again. Jason looked at Bob who was still shaken up by the explosion and still could not comprehend what just happened.

Although Jason did not understand it either, he knew that this superheroine just saved them.

"Uh, yeah. We're fine." Jason began. "You......you just saved us!"

"Just part of the job," Luna replied in gaiety.

"Wait." Jason began. "I think I recognize you. I've heard rumors from my buddies about a new heroine who looked like a ghost. They call you uh.....the white ghost?"

Luna couldn't help but giggle. She just saved this cop, but it was only now that she found him cute.

"White Ghost?" Luna laughed. "That sounded like a supervillain. The name's White Specter."

Luna heard the screeching of the tires and turned around to see a small truck and a car speed off from the museum.

"Here, take this." Luna handed Jason a phone.

"What's this?' Jason asked the curvaceous heroine as he inspected the phone that she handed him.

"I'm going after those thugs." Luna began. "I have a tracking beacon with me and I'll attach it to one of the trucks. When I activate it, the phone you're holding will pinpoint its position."

Jason stared at the heroine. "You mean, you're not busting them yourselves?"

"And what would that make me? A vigilante?" Luna placed her hands on her hips.

Jason tried to avert his eyes from the heroine. She looked so sexy standing in front of him with her hands on her curvy hips.

"Gotta go, officer Miller!" Luna said when she read the nameplate on his chest.

"I'll round those criminals up and bring them to the station. Bye!"

Jason watched in awe as White Specter turned around and chased after the escaping robbers. He caught a lump in his throat when he saw the heroine's shapely ass covered snugly by her skin-tight suit as she sprinted away.

*********************************

"Oh, no. You're not getting away." Luna said as she jumped on top of a car. She turned herself invisible and jumped from one moving car to another. The robbers' getaway car and the truck that contained the stolen items were just seven vehicles ahead of her.

"Sorry!" Luna called out as one taxi driver cursed Luna landed on top of his cab and made a small bend on the cab's roof.

Luna jumped high in the air while doing a frontflip, then she landed on top of the car behind the speeding truck of the robbers.

"Run all you want, White Specter's out to get you!" Luna jumped from the car and then phased herself. Her lithe, curvaceous body passed through the aluminum doors of the getaway truck.

"Ow!" Luna landed on her butt inside the truck. She stood up and rubbed her ass.

"Woah, you guys sure were busy," Luna exclaimed as she looked at her surroundings. Inside the back of the truck were paintings, jewelry, sculptures, and a lot of stolen artifacts.

"What the hell was that?" Luna heard a voice then a small window that connected the cargo cart of the truck and the driver's seat opened.

A bearded, terrifying-looking man aimed his flashlight at the cargo compartment.

Luna watched and heard the man shrug then closed the window.

Luna sighed in relief. Luckily, she was invisible. She sat on the floor of the cargo compartment and undid her invisibility. She needed to save her energy.

She can just turn invisible again when the men will check the cargo compartment.

Instead of apprehending them now, Luna decided to hitch a ride.

If I go where they are going, I might catch a bigger fish and get whoever is behind this.

Luna smiled to herself. She was feeling excited and confident. Maybe the time for her to have a major bust has come. Whoever's behind this robbery is surely a bigger fish.

*****************************

After about 30, the truck finally came to a stop.

While the truck was moving Luna occasionally peaked outside. She turned herself invisible and then phased her head out of the cargo compartment. Surprisingly, nobody was chasing the truck.

Before the truck arrived at its destination, Luna overheard the driver's conversation when she phased her head to the driver's seat.

So these guys used a decoy truck and the cops were currently being ked on a wild goose chase.

Hmm, smart. Luna thought.

"Well, don't worry boys. Luna's busting your asses to prison tonight.", She thought to herself.

Luna peaked through the driver's seat and watched as the driver and the man riding shotgun got out of the truck.

Luna turned around when she heard the truck doors being opened. In front of the door was a man with a goatee. Behind him, she can see that they stopped inside a parking area of a building that had a lot of pillars.

"Huh, must be a basement parking," Luna said under her breath.

"Would you look at that?" The man with the goatee exclaimed as his eyes gleamed at the stolen artifacts.

"Hurry up and start transferring the artifacts to the other truck. The boss is expecting these by 9 pm." Luna heard another man say. When she saw him, Luna immediately felt the man's menacing aura. The man was huge, built like a tank. He was wearing a gray tactical suit and armed with a pistol.

Luna can tell by the way he stood up that this man is serious business.

"It seems like this man is in charge." She thought to herself. "But his boss?"

If the huge man looked like he was in charge, it was clear to Luna that he was under orders from someone more powerful.

"Do I bust their asses now or go for the bigger fish - the boss of these thugs?" Luna contemplated.

Luna phased her body when two men entered the truck. They took the large painting beside her and loaded it into another truck parked in front of the one she was in.

Luna remained invisible and tiptoed out of the truck. She took her tracking beacon the size of a button out of the tiny pocket of her suit.

She sneaked in front of the 2nd van. Luna pressed the beacon's tine button put then tossed it inside the antique vase that was stolen from the museum.

"It seems that we have a visitor." The man in the tactical jacket said.

When Luna heard this, she froze in her tracks.

How did he know?! Can he see me?

Luna can feel it. He can't! I'm still invisible!

"Come on, invisible Supe." The man said calmly.

"I can see your footprints on the dusty floor."

Luna looked down and there she saw it! The pavement was littered with dust from days or maybe months of neglect.

Luna took a step forward. "Yep, there it is."

She said under her breath when she saw the displacement of dirt when she took a step.

"Come now. Show yourself and let's get to the part where you stop us." The man continued as he looked in her direction.

Sensing the futility of keeping her presence a secret, Luna undid her invisibility.

"Alright. You got me."

Luna watched the large man eyeing her from head to toe.

"Huh, a new supe. No one in the Vindicators can turn invisible."

"And how'd you know that?" Luna asked.

"Because I am an expert in dealing with you Metas." The man said.

"The name's Cutter, by the way."

Luna watched her surroundings. There are only two of them.

"This will be easy " She smiled to herself.

"Who are you supposed to be, young lady?" Cutter asked her.

"I am The White Specter," Luna replied.

"Here's the thing, Cutter. Why don't you and your buddy over there just surrender?" Luna paused.

"And don't call me 'young lady'!" She snapped.

Cutter chuckled. "I can tell by your sweet voice that you're still a young lady. Probably in your late teens."

Cutter rubbed his chin.

"I bet you can't be older than twenty-two."

"Twenty-two?!" The goateed mane beside Cutter exclaimed.

"With a body as nice as hers, she can't be older than twenty-two?!"

Luna shivered when she noticed Cutter's buddy eyeing her body with a dirty look on his face.

"You!" Luna pointed at the goatee thug. "Is that how you speak to a lady?"

"Shut up, Allen." Cutter snapped at the goateed thug.

"Now, young lady." Cutter faced the young heroine.

"A young Meta like you, I understand you wanna play superhero. But let me give you some advice. Go home and do your homework."

After a short pause, Luna laughed at the men.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Luna wheezed after laughing. "Okay, you got me. But I'll finish my homework after I bust your asses!"

Luna said then turned herself invisible.

When the young heroine suddenly disappeared, Cutter shouted at Allen.

"Go!"

Luna Saw Allen run away from her.

Pussy! She muttered under her breath as she walked behind Cutter and making sure she did not step in any dirt.

"What the fuck?!" Luna exclaimed when Cutter suddenly multiplied himself into four!

Luna made herself intangible when Cutter suddenly swung his arm in her direction.

Fortunately, his arm simply passed through her.

"You think you're the only one with powers here?" Cutter said while looking for signs of the invisible young heroine's location.

"You can multiply yourself?" Luna said and watched Cutter turn in her direction, pinpointing the source of the voice.

She simply moved to her left.

"At least you're making this a challenge for me." Luna goaded. "It would be too easy for me if there were only two of you."

Suddenly, Luna heard footsteps from her right. It was Allen.

"Cutter! Here!" Allen shouted and tossed Cutter something.

Luna saw Allen throw Cutter something that looked like a rifle, then Allen hid behind one of the pillars.

When Cutter caught the rifle, he hid behind the pillar.

"Awwwww. You came back." Luna teased. "Now you're saving me the trouble to look for you."

From the corner of her eye, she saw three Cutter clones charging at her.

The White Specter leaped into the air, gaining a little before dive-bombing the trio of Cutter-clones.

Turning gracefully as she made her pass, the young and curvaceous heroine punched and kicked -- scoring hits on all three clones.

One of them was knocked down by her blows, the other two were sent flying.

"Come on, guys," Luna said in a mocking tone. "Just give yourselves up so I can finish my term paper that's due next week."

"There's no need to finish your homework, young lady," Cutter replied calmly.

"You won't be present for your class this Monday, anyway."

Luna laughed. "Come on, Mr. Cutter. Your clones are down. And I know you are hiding behind pillar B-12, and Mr. Allen is behind A-8."

"Okay. You got us, Miss. White Specter." Cutter said.

"Allen, now!" He shouted after a short pause.

Luna immediately turned to pillar A-8 and saw Allen emerge from the pillar.

She was about to dash towards him when Allen opened his mouth and shouted.

"AAAAHHH!!!" Luna screamed in pain as her ears were ringing. Allen's scream sounded like a banshee's cry.

Luna fell to her knees and covered her ears with her hands, without knowing that she lost her concentration and undid her invisibility.

"Nnnngggghhh......SHUT UP!" Luna screamed at Allen. His banshee's cry was about to burst her eardrums.

As she was on the ground being deafened by Allen's cry, Luna saw from the corner of her eye that Carter emerged from the pillar.

Luna was still disoriented from Allen's cry. Her ears are ringing and her body felt slightly heavy.

"I'm surprised you could still move," Cutter said as he approached the disoriented heroine.

"Anyone who heard Allen's scream for at least three seconds becomes paralyzed for five minutes." Luna heard him say as she saw his shoes move closer to her.

Eventually, she recovered. The ringing in her ears stopped.

She stood up and faced Cutter.

"Oh yeah? Then how come you're fine?"

To answer her question, showed her the earplugs in his hand and tossed them on the floor.

"Playtime's over, young lady."

"Seems like Allen's cry failed. I can still move and beat your asses." Luna replied.

She tried to turn herself invisible, but she couldn't! Instead of turning completely invisible, her body only managed to flicker.

Cutter knew that the young heroine was about to turn invisible, but when he saw her flicker -- turning invisible for a millisecond then reappearing again like a faulty hologram, he smiled.

"Looks effective to me."

For the first time in being a superhero, Luna felt terrified. Her powers were suddenly not working.

Calm down, Luna. She told herself.

"All I have to do is wait five minutes, right?" She told Cutter. Not giving him a chance to reply, Luna started to run and find a place to hide until the effects of Allen's cry disappears.

"Oh, you're not going anywhere, " Cutter said and aimed the rifle at her.

Luna tried desperately to turn herself invisible and intangible, no matter what she did she only managed to flicker in and out of visibility. The same went for her phasing ability.

There! Luna saw a door ahead of her and sprinted towards it when she heard a soft popping sound.

"OW!" She exclaimed.

"Something just pricked my butt!" Luna kept running. She reached for her butt and pulled the object that pricked her ass.