The Winds of Autumn Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We can bring a guest... Most guys bring their wives... but some of my co-workers really want to meet you, for some reason... You don't have to go if you don't want to."

"Well... were you planning on going?"

Uncomfortably, Daniel shrugged one of his shoulders before letting out a sigh. "Probably not..."

"But what about your award?"

"I can just pick it up in the office the next day."

Raising her eyebrows in concern, Emma replied, "I think you should go. You deserve to be acknowledged for all your hard work. At least go for your award."

"Yeah, but I don't really care about that stuff..."

"I'll go with you!" Emma said, interrupting Daniel before he could finish his thought. Then, as an awkward silence hung between them, a determined look came over her face as she confirmed, "Yeah... I'll go with you... and I'll cheer when you get your award."

Seeing the determination in her eyes, Daniel, for the first time, felt someone truly cared for his well-being. Nodding his head, he replied, "Okay... Yeah, we'll go together then..."

After working out a few minor details, both the man and the woman retreated onto their backs, resting the way they normally did when they had a lot on their minds. Both had already acknowledged that they were going to sleep, and even said their "Goodnights" to each other. However, as each set of eyes gazed upon the ceiling, a new question suddenly started running rampant in both their minds...

Wait... Is this a date?!

To be continued...

12