All Comments on 'The Witch's Daughter'

by Glaze72

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
No politics

I literally skipped from the 3rd or 4th paragraph to the wnd just to lease this comme t.

No story, no matter how well written, can survive the injection of politics. I didnt bother to read further. Sha.e, really, as we read these, in part, to escape the constant bombarment of preachy folls everyqhere we turn.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Is this a reposf?

I think I already read this story once, many years ago.

Be it as it may, still a great read.

Glaze72Glaze72over 3 years agoAuthor
Hello Everyone

Thanks for your votes and your comments. This story will be continued (it's a four-parter) but if you don't want to wait, you can find it on my personal website. Thanks and have a good one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
First time reader

I don’t think I have read any of your works before. But I want to say that you have a good start on this story. I’m interested to see where you take it. I’m not going to offer my thoughts or ask questions about the world this takes place in, I’d rather see what you do with it. Suffice it to say, I like your work!

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 3 years ago
Lovely

Love a good magic breeding story. Very evocative and the heart built into each of the characters, even with smaller parts in this introduction, was so beautiful. Glad I was able to find this story here, since its cross-post possible location isn't frequented as much looking for actual storylines. Glad it was put in a place to be picked up by those that would know what they were getting into (thanks to your synopsis) and written well enough to be heartfully enjoyed by those not dissuaded by the fantasy subject.

As to one of the anonymous comments below... Its a story that have human people in it. Politics are part of peoples lives, and considering the magical ties to community that are built into the foundation of this particular coven, their perspectives and affiliations... matter. But even still, it was just a small footnote, a revealing "this is the kind of love we have" sort of notice before the real meat and potatoes of the story kicked in and we were given the whole picture. Got to love those bits of great magics that keep everything healthy and happy.

Anyways, thank you for the story. Please don't let acolytes (unknowing or not) of the Dark One hold you back from sharing your own bits of magic. But also don't rush yourself or give less (or more) than what pleases you. Be well, and looking forward to the challenges this small, thriving and soon to be growing (I imagine ^.^) coven face and overcome.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Re: No Politics

I went back to see what you were talking about. I see the part about religious bigotry. Later there was talk of witch burnings. Neither is about politics in the partisan sense. It is about intolerance of other's opinions about spirituality and the freedom to live life free of prejudice regarding those beliefs. The fact that the title let you know it was about witchcraft was probably why you got incensed in the first place if that is your opinion/definition of "politics".

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 2 years ago

ANY story that name checks:

Terry Pratchett

Doctor Who

Star Wars

is

AWESOME!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is a wonderful story of love, family, magic and fighting the force of evil. I just wish I could rate it higher than a 5. Thank you for the entertainment and please keep the chapters coming!

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Roller coaster ride. Fun so far.. maybe would’ve been better if book 1 the Chronicles had e been released first before these volumes. Would’ve explained things a bit more.

4/5

Gym52Gym52over 1 year ago

An interesting concept, well prepared and written.

Don_TheranthropDon_Theranthrop8 months ago

Really good

I'd by a hard copy

Is there a prequel.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGlaze72@Glaze72
Hello All: Update as of May 2023. I have had people reach out to me regarding sequels to stories that I have posted on here, so let me address those first: "Mary's Innocent Passion." This is titled "Innocent Passion" on my page on Smashwords and my personal website. No seque...