All Comments on 'The Wolf's Captive Ch. 03'

by anais_v

Sort by:
  • 49 Comments
ariesgirlariesgirlalmost 11 years ago

What a shocker. Did not see that coming at all.

DragonEmperessDragonEmperessalmost 11 years ago
Don't be discouraged

Keep up the good work

VeraVixenVeraVixenalmost 11 years ago
Way too long!!

I enjoyed this story when I 1st started reading series. I hope you can find time to continue at a steadier pace.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

What a dick.

willieonewillieonealmost 11 years ago
Groan.....

I love this story so much and now must wait yet again for who knows how long for the next excellent chapter...PLEASE...I beg you don't make the wait to long this time!!

Question? If Margret is her mother and a were does that mean she has were blood in her or was Maggie changed after she left her bastard father?

RheamistressRheamistressalmost 11 years ago

Bring on the next chapter... This one has my attention. :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
shocked me!!!

that one for sure, left me just shocked, knowing that he treated her so badly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Good chapter

So so happy to see this story continuing.Cedric is bring a jerk fighting with his wolf to keep from mating with Rowena.Looking forward to the next chapter to see how things develop with Margaret,Cedric and Rowena.Good chapter

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Ughh I don't like him. Bring on someone else! He is just slime under my shoe! He can't be redeemable! Please let her meet someone else, if this is her life with a bi-polar wackjob she would be better off dead. If she forgives him I will have no respect for her! She should escape with her brother to some better place.

cantfightfatecantfightfatealmost 11 years ago
A good and eventful chapter but

too short after a long break. I hope you are properly back and that we can expect more chapters soon.

Thanks for writing.

PallasAthena123PallasAthena123almost 11 years ago
Please!

Please don't leave us hanging for long! This is already one of the better were/shapeshifter stories I've read.

Keep it up!

anais_vanais_valmost 11 years agoAuthor

Thanks for the feedback and for reading everyone, I will submit when I return from holiday. Also, Cedric will be redeemable- I promise!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Surprised

Very happy to see that you are posting again. I love this story. I was really suprised by Cedric's behaviour in this chapter however. Him acting cold and detached I could understand since he is trying to deny his feelings for her and push her away. But calling her a whore and then letting others treat her cruelly seemed really out of character for him. He was like a Jekyll and Hyde in this chapter. So glad mama Margaret slapped him! Now just wondering what her story is and what if anything is her relationship with Cedric. He never struck me as the type that would stand still for getting slapped, deserved or not. Please tell me he and Rowena are not related!!! That would kill me...I really want to see them together. And see them finish what they started by the lake. :-) Keep it up anais_v!! Everyone is VERY interested, loves your story and want you to continue. ~Kristine

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Worth more than half a year?....YES

canndcanndalmost 11 years ago

I found the story just now. I hope you will begin to post more regularly. I feel badly for the people who waited a long time for updates. The story is very good. The only thing I struggle with is what was the sudden change in Cedric's demeanor? I feel like the transition you made from him acting like one man to another was too random. It just happened like the flip of a coin. There seems to be no reason why he changed. He suddenly didn't even keep his word and see that she be safe or fed or anything. Suddenly this man who had a fair and kind undercurrent in his personality started acting like a total asshole. I wish you'd been more clear about why he changed so drastically. To call he a whore in front of everyone?

She deserved more than that for protecting his brother after his death. He went from being all into her and almost having sex with her to treating her so terribly. Why would he do that? Why is he so set on treating her like dirt under his feet. I understand his desire for revenge for the death of his brother, but his brother wasn't killed slowly and tortured. And he should be acknowleging that men hunt and Edwin didn't know he was a man too. I think it will take some doing on your part to convince me that he had a good reason to go so far in the opposite direction in his treatment of her if I am to believe she can forgive him and that he is deserving of her affection. That is a challenge :)

I'm glad her mom is there. However did that happen? I also will be interested to see why he wouldn't know who she is, if he knows where her mom is from. I'm hoping the mother has a good excuse for why she left her daughter with that horrible man who was her father. Was she changed or found her mate and couldn't take her human daughter? Hope to see more soon!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
suggestion

Please do not let Rowena's character give in too easy. Redeemable Cedric may be, but his character needs to earn her trust. Not to mention you established her background as an abusive livelihood. Who would she be going from one abuse to accepting another?

PallasAthena123PallasAthena123almost 11 years ago
re: anon

I agree with your suggestion, but I don't like your thought at then end, there. Who would she be going from one abuser to another? First of all, that sentiment stinks heavily of victim blaming. Secondly, it is statistically common for a victim/survivor of abuse to become the victim of another abuser. The abuser treats them well and wins their trust while they are vulnerable, ensnaring them into a state of dependency (emotional, fiscal or otherwise) before showing their true colors.

willieonewillieonealmost 11 years ago
IMHO

Everyone seems to be mad at Ced and yes I know he was a total asshole at the end there but I think it has more to do with his own feeling of guilt, as his brother was only there because he wanted to look at who Ced's mate was. If it hadn't been for Ced he wouldn't have been there to get killed. Then there is his internal struggle with his wolf, who want to claim her as his mate so he kept his distance and tried to pretend he didn't care about her.

Let us also not forget this is fantasy and stop making it about abused victims and normal real life drama and just enjoy a really good tale.

anais_vanais_valmost 11 years agoAuthor

Willione, you've summed up my intent with the story pretty well. I think if I could submit chapters frequently it would be easier to see the characters motives and wouldn't seem as harsh. Just to re-emphasise, the heroine will not be abused by the hero, it's a darker tale I agree so it may not be for everyone in some ways since I'm inspired by the old dark bodice rippers of the 80s. I love intense heroes so expect more angst and tension before the happy ending...

anais_vanais_valmost 11 years agoAuthor

*willieone. Also, just wanted to add that part of the reason for choosing the setting and theme of the story was because I wanted an otherworldly/fantasy feeling where the people I.e. Shifters live by a different code and rule of honour etc and where times were more brutal like the early medieval period. The hero is very commanding yes but I wanted to show that he had also a good moral code by his initial treatment of both the heroine and her brother more of which I hoped to show as the story progresses

LadyPartsLadyPartsalmost 11 years ago
Most excellent Chapter!

This is just fabulous! I wish you could write faster, but I am happy that you write at all. Who'd a thunk it .... Nonhuman story with a real plot!

pheobecharmedpheobecharmedalmost 11 years ago

i love this story can't wait for the next installment. i mean a wolf story set in my fav time period and very well written too :-)

katgoddess1katgoddess1almost 11 years ago
Oooo!

I can't wait to find out who Margaret is and what her relationship is to Cedric! It looks like he's not going to get away with lying and breaking promises to her daughter.

CoyoteMadeMeDoItCoyoteMadeMeDoItalmost 11 years ago
Grrrr!!!

I dont know... I liked it a LOT .........up until this & the previous chapter.

I've read similar stories before written by high profile best selling authors, & they all had the same effect. (And even though two of those stories involved rape, the heroines still fell madly in love with the filthy bastards)... Even though they were historicals, two others set in medieval europe & england... I was never able to understand the logic behind it. Just.... It defies reason!! Submission, sure. Do what you must to survive, but LOVE??? NEVER!!

I dont know what Cedric had in mind, if he would have happily allowed her to die because his mind was made up(if so then why abduct her? Why not kill her & get it over with? Why string her along even before his brother died? After all it was HIS fault he died. If he had no intentions of making her his mate then he never should have spoken. He isnt mysterious, he's... A sociopath.)

And if he was truly undecided, maybe i can understand him being a flake. But the fact remains, he couldnt possibly grovel enough enough to make up for the neglect & abuse of someone who had only shown kindness & compassion.

And she would be a fool to forgive him!

You dont have to say "i promise" to make a promise. Simply saying one thing & doing the opposite makes you a liar and untrustworthy... Those are undesirable qualities in any leader! Human or otherwise.

Anyway... I anxiously await the conclusion and trust in your abilities. This is your story after all. Only you know what is truly going on.

But as for Cedric, i have only one thing to say to him... BAD DOG!!!

Ellienora35Ellienora35almost 11 years ago
Coyotemademedoit

Will you tell us the names of the books? I love this whole series so far and can see myself loving it more and more. If there are books similar to this one, I would love to read them. This is one story I would pay for.

anais_vanais_valmost 11 years agoAuthor

I'd like to know what the other stories are too, I wrote what I often thought of/imagined based on love of historical romances and shifters but that I couldn't find in the market so it will be interesting to see. Again I want to emphasis that the bitty nature of literotica submissions doesn't allow for the story to flow and I suppose it ends up being abrupt so the characters motives are hard to see. In my head, the story has only just started to there is little between the characters at this point and much to explore. They owe each other little, the trust hasn't been established, growth hasn't occurred. I'm not a fan of stories where the characters declare their feelings straightaway or where there's no tension, no angst. I also love a brooding, dark hero who is always redeemable in the end. Of course I'm not a best-selling, successful author so clearly I've failed in many respects re the feedback!

Anyway, I just wanted to say I am not sure I will continue with this but thanks for reading and to those who have enjoyed the submissions - I'm grateful!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Please Continue!!!

I really hope you keep going with this story!! Excellent twist!!

titania123titania123almost 11 years ago
I for one...

am seriously looking forward to the completion of this story. I believe you have done a superior job thus far creating compelling and interesting characters and given a satisfying twist on problems that interfere with mating. I agree there is a lot to be done, but that is because great stories aren't finished in four short chapters. Keep at it and I guarantee you'll have a well-read and well-received story on here.

I'm not certain what your reasons for wanting to abandon this story are, but from my perspective, this is one of the best written werewolf stories on this site. So please, take courage and keep writing!

SonyashaSonyashaalmost 11 years ago

This is seriously a awesome story being told here, and can't wait to read the rest of the adventure. Please update soon, me and other viewers are looking forward to reading more. ^_^

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
please continue

I read all three chapters in one sitting. Love this story. You must continue it.

spearishspearishalmost 11 years ago
Interesting

Can't wait for more !

DragonEmperessDragonEmperessalmost 11 years ago
It's hard work but...

Really hope you continue this story. I realize that this kind of writing takes a lot of time, imagination and work. Not everyone has the gift to tell such elaborate stories (trust me, I've tried) - but you really do have a talent and a great story started. You've really captivated so many of us with your tale, I know I'm far from the only one who would love to see it through the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Cedric is an ASS!

I hope Rowena removes the stick from his ass and then beats him with it! What a complete asshole!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Please continue

This is such a good story thus far. I truly hope you continue it.

JayJay93JayJay93almost 11 years ago
awesome!!

dude! i can not wait to keep reading this story.

i sort of feel bad for Edwin, but i would love to see where this story ends.

could you not finish it soon??

i would really love to continue reading, and see where this meeting goes, and how Cedric continues with Rowena.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Needs to hurry up with the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Oooooooh!

I completely agree with the other Anonymous, Cedric needs to be beaten with a stick! Can't wait for him to (hopefully) be taken down a peg or two, or six.

I love how you've written this so far, your speech especially! Very realistic. Fantastic writing and a captivating first few chapters :D

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

hello are you still working on this?

anais_vanais_vover 10 years agoAuthor

Yes, please bear with me, work etc is taking up my free time so I don't know when I will post but the next part is mostly finished

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Please please post the next part soon. Fabulous writing by the way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

I don't like Cedric anymore, haha. I hope Rowena leads him on a merry chase and just dumps his ass.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

I agree with the other commenters who don't like Cedric after this. I understand that he's dealing with grief and pain, but there's no reason to be so unkind to the girl he knows is his mate. Give him some competition PLEASE and make him suffer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

an update would be greatly appreciated!!

LadyPartsLadyPartsover 10 years ago
Anais...?

Are you still intending to complete this fabulous story? I do hope you find a way to balance work and other demands with your writing. This really is an excellent story! I very rarely say that about shape shifter stories because they are all so predictable and formulaic. This is NOT, so please post an update soon?

anais_vanais_vover 10 years agoAuthor

Hi LadyParts, I will submit it soon (though it usually takes at least one week to approved on Lit so not sure when it will be up).

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Great story so far! I'm not liking Cedric at the moment lol I hope you continue..

AMHJ89AMHJ89over 10 years ago

Whoa did not see that coming

cittrancittranover 10 years ago
well now.

THAT was an unexpected twist.

SeducedbyfishSeducedbyfishover 2 years ago

To hell with the prig Cedric!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useranais_v@anais_v
293 Followers
https://www.instagram.com/anais_v_writer I'm on Amazon and Smashwords under 'Anais V'. So far have completed Demon's Desire renamed 'The Demon's Lady' (make sure you search for adult content on Smashwords for results to show. If you want a free copy message me.) Wolf's Mi...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES