The Woods

Story Info
Something is happening in the woods near Jeffery's house.
1.4k words
4.5
3.4k
1
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MIKACHASE
MIKACHASE
10 Followers

Summer started the way most summers did. School was out, the pool was open, the weather was hot. There were new movies at the movie theater, a new blockbuster about superheroes, there was a cartoon movie about accepting people's differences, and a chick flick that made all the women of town think that their men simply weren't romantic.

The warmer weather of summer was a very welcome source of joy for one little boy named Jeffery. Like most twelve year olds Jeffery enjoyed playing inside and being on the latest army game. However more than anything in the world he loved playing in the woods near his house. Jeffery's mother worked during the day at the local diner so he was home alone most days. Jeffery didn't mind that at all. While most of his classmates would be locking themselves inside Jeffery grabbed his backpack and headed out towards the woods.

Most of the time the woods offered a lot to look at, most of the animals were so used to Jeffery they weren't even scared of him anymore. Jeffery made his way to the clearing near the middle of the woods. There was a large stone platform where he spent most of his time. Jeffery climbed onto the platform, reached into his backpack and pulled out his drawing pad and pencils. Most of the time he would just draw different superheroes if an animal came around he would draw them. None of the animals were active today. Jeffery hadn't noticed it until just now, the woods were silent. An uneasy feeling started to creep over Jeffery.

The hair on Jeffery's arms stood up. He felt as though someone was watching him. Slowly Jeffery placed his items into his backpack. He pulled out his pocket knife that he had begged his mother to let him get. She had absolutely refused only to surprise him on his birthday. Jeffery slowly turned around on the platform. There was no one that he see. The woods were still silent.

Jeffery climbed down from the platform, he quickly turned. Had there had been a rustling of leaves or was it just the noise of him getting down? Jeffery turned around slowly and silently. He stood there at the bottom of the platform trying to steady his breath. He looked around the woods, other than a few branches dancing in the breeze there was nothing moving. Jeffery laughed to himself "what did I think was out there, Bigfoot?"

Jeffery heard a snapping sound as if some large animal had stepped on a fallen tree branch. His head turned to the direction of the noise expecting to see one of the many deer that called these woods home. Much to his disbelief there was a giant wolf.

The wolf was growing at Jeffery. His white teeth were the only thing the light seemed to touch on it. The wolf was so dark it was as if light didn't shine on it. Jeffery took a deep breath and started to run. He could hear the sound of the wolf running after him. Jeffery looked around for some type of escape, there was none. The wolf was getting closer.

Suddenly Jeffery was on the ground, his foot had got caught in some tree roots. The wolf was on him. The wolf sniffed Jeffery, slowly it made its way it his head. It was standing on Jeffery so his shoulders were pinned down. They were in a dead stair. The wolf lunged at Jeffery.

Jeffery jumped awake. He was shaking and covered in sweat. This was the 4th night in a row he had this dream. The first night he had woke his mother up and told her about it. She had reassured him it was just a dream and there was nothing to worry about. Jeffery wasn't so sure, this dream felt real and like it was warning him about something.

The rain was really coming down. Jeffery opened his bedroom window, he loved the smell when the rain first started. Rain meant he would have to spend the day inside, not what he had planned for today. Laying on his bed listening to the rain Jeffery heard something outside. It sounded like something was crying out in pain. He went to the window, the rain was coming down so hard he couldn't even see the sidewalk.

There was the noise again, he was sure of it there was something out there. Jeffery went to the back door, he slowly opened it trying to see if he could find what was making the noise. There was nothing but the sound of the rain. Just as Jeffery went to close the door there was a bright flash of lighting followed immediately by thunder. Jefferey jumped then laughed at himself. Nothing but the rain he thought.

Jeffery closed the door, as he did he thought he saw something moving in the back of the yard. He opened the door back up, there was nothing there. Again Jeffery laughed, what would possibly be out is this bad storm? Jeffery made his way back to his room. Days like today were the perfect excuse to spend all day playing video games.

Jeffery went through his pile of games and finally chose one, he grabbed the controller and settled down on his bed. Jeffery's mom wasn't home so he could turn the volume up as loud as he wanted. If the volume hadn't been so loud Jeffery would have been able to hear the movement outside his window and the low growling that was getting closer.

There was a scratching at the window, Jeffery was so consumed with his game he didn't notice the small creature at the edge of his window clawing away .Feverishly trying to make its way into the room.

It was about four inches tall and rather thin. It had long fingers with sharp nails. It was crouched down scratching at the corner, Jeffery paused his game and stood up. He went over to the window and closed it. Without even noticing the creature. Jeffery went into the kitchen to make lunch. He opted for a ham sandwich, quick and easy.

After he ate his lunch Jeffery decided to watch the tv in the living room. He flipped through the channels until he found something to watch. The storm was finally letting up. Maybe today wouldn't be all bad. If it stopped he would have just enough time to go down to the woods and check out what the storm and washed down in the creek.

There was always something to find after a heavy rain. Jeffery kept the best things in a box under his bed. Over the last few years he had found a couple of small skulls that probably belonged to a squirrel. He had found some cool looking rocks. Someone's old watch, it didn't work anymore but he kept it because it looked just like one his grandfather had owned.

The rain finally stopped. Jeffery threw on his jacket and his hiking boots. He hurried on his way, he didn't have long before his mother would be home from work and she preferred him to be there when she arrived. Making his way through the woods Jeffery saw all kinds of animals coming out after the rain. Most of the animals didn't pay any attention to him as he made his way to the creek.

Clearing away the sticks and branches that had been washed down in the storm Jeffery started to look for anything worth saving. This storm didn't seem to wash down anything good so he started digging in the mud with one of the sticks. The stick hit something hard about two inches into the mud. Jeffery started trying to dig out the object. It finally came lose, as it did Jeffery slipped in the mud.

The object had been nothing more than a dirty old rock. Jeffery rinsed the rock off in the creek and stuck it in his pocket. He decided he needed to head home so he could get cleaned up before his mother came home.

Jeffery hurried to get cleaned up before his mother came home. He quickly grabbed the rock from his pocket took one more look at it. It looked very similar to a rock he had found a few weeks ago. They were both covered in a white crust that he was unable to clean off. He threw his new rock into the box with all of the other stuff he had found and slid the box back under his bed. He had been in such a hurry he didn't notice that the two rocks were now glowing.

MIKACHASE
MIKACHASE
10 Followers