The World Ends with Aliens Ch. 02

Story Info
The people of Milford aren't going down without a fight.
2.2k words
4.46
1.5k
5

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 07/31/2023
Created 05/10/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The World Ends With Aliens

Chapter 2

By Noobwriter96

Yesterday, it had been nothing out of the ordinary for Milford as families walked Main Street, looking for someplace to eat. The townspeople went about their days without the slightest worry save for the weather and the rising gas prices. The town park where people lingered beneath the shades of trees, having picnics or just the usual aerobic exercise group following the motions of their leader.

Katie Bowen was in a middle of her daily run, on that fateful day, of the Twenty First of February.

Her toned abs glistening with the sweat of five kilometers' worth of running. With her tight-fitting sports bra that gave her chest an exaggerated boost and an ass that made known to everybody else that the slender brunette works the hell out of it. Husbands in their family picnic would pretend to stretch-out and take a quick look-see whenever she ran by, careful not to take too long or too obvious. Passing truck drivers would holler and honk their horns as they saw the lady in the sports bra. Even senior citizens playing chase had to look up from their game beneath the shades to admire the shapely brunette.

To her, running was just to break out of the norm out of her office job. To be stuck in that cubicle for seven hours a day, five days a week, she needed to make her muscles groan, to ache. She felt like she can do more, achieve more. Twenty-six years old already, still young as the standards go by, but to Katie, she felt like she wasted some of those good years working in an office.

Running made her feel just a teensy bit exhilarated. Running made her burn away her frustrations.

And running may as well be the only thing that's going to keep her alive.

First, there was a God-awful ringing, as if the entire town was encased in the insides of a giant church bell and someone had struck it with all their might. A booming mechanical noise that reverberated down to the bones of everyone, almost sending Katie herself to her knees. Glass burst and exploded all across town as people covered their ears, screaming in silent agony.

Then came the explosions, people screaming. Day turned to night, as thousands and thousands of flying metal shapes blotted out the sky above Milford like a swarm of locusts. For one dumbfounded moment, it took her some time to realize what they were. And she wasn't the only one. Planes. Ships. People had seen enough sci-fi movies to know what they were. And they were starting to grow bigger, closer.

So Katie ran. Where a minute ago there had been bright blue sky and soft white clouds, now it was dark, stormy clouds with purple lightning, skittering across the skies above.

Her heart thundering in her chest. Lungs burned with exertion as she dodged and weaved out of burning rubble. People all around screaming and trying to get away from the chaos much like herself. Bodies stumbled onto one another, losing balance and falling on the paved road.

Worst of all, was the horrid things that descended from the sky, encased in translucent purple light. Beacons of purple light all beamed down from up above, all over Milford. Little green men, with wrinkled faces and pointed ears and noses. Their full height came only at her waist. They looked like some sick, cruel version of Santa's elves. It was in the instinct of anyone that saw these creatures that they meant plenty of harm, brandishing equipment that were evidently weapons, almost comically twice as tall as they were and just as dangerous as they looked. Blue bolts of energy erupted from these, exploding a chunk of building nearby. The sound just made Katie run faster, away from the center of town where most of their numbers poured in from the sky.

Others of these goblin-looking monsters descended from the skies with miniature jetpacks and in vessels of wrought steel, flooding in the hundreds across the park, storming the very heart of the town.

Farther away from the ground zero on Millford, into its outer streets, the situation was much different. Surviving local enforcement and civilian defenders stood their ground and gathered arms, they held the lines as much of the townspeople tried to escape. It was here that they made their stand. Led by none other than the two blonde officers, Officers Chambers and Ward.

They rallied the locals, pushing cars to form a barricade whilst providing covering fire for the escaping townspeople who had the unfortunate luck of being on the townpark when the aliens began their landing by the hundreds.

Katie saw them and ran like never before. Defenders waved the fleeing townsfolk to rush towards the makeshift barricade, towards safety. Katie narrowly missed a blue beam of death just inches where it blew up the asphalt where she had been. She saw the cute barista teen that served her coffee that morning get hit by a bolt of blue electricity, toppling to the ground motionless. She jumped over a fallen, burning tree, a hundred meters away from the barricades.

She was going to make it out alive, Katie thought, joy in her heart.

And then the world flipped around her as she was caught in a blast that made her tumble, trip and fall flat on asphalt. Ears ringing and vision blurry, she tried to put her hands beneath her, to make another run for it before a loud bang went off not far from her and everything went to black.

Future survivors of multiple engagements from all over the country would soon discover and analyze the tactics used by these three-foot extraterrestrials. The extraterrestrial primary frontline infantry or more colloquially known as Goblins, were equipped with energy-based weapons. Capable of firing semi-automatic bolts of concentrated energy. But the equipment condition varied between enemy soldiers from poorly kept to workable. One in ten would end up rupturing and exploding at the hands of the little green men. It was in their sheer number and agility that they would compensate their lack of individual strength and poor weapon upkeep.

From simple 9mm pistols to.12-gauge shotguns, the people of Millford rallied so that their friends, families and neighbors could escape.

A line of fire established, the citizens of Millford held up an impressive defense despite the dire odds. From simple business owners, to mothers and fathers taking up arms, they unleashed their desperate fury against the horde of little green men that flooded the street towards them.

Impromptu Molotov cocktails burst out of the rooftops, a quick concoction by the bar owner Daryl, cascading the invaders in a rain of burning alcohol.

Beloved pets were let loose, German shepherds, Rottweilers and Dobermans, a dozen of them pounced on the squat, green aliens. The aliens were being bludgeoned, their numbers and poor equipment, although advanced, hampered their push in the packed street of the defenders' barricade.

Chambers heard the breaking of wood off to the side of a building and into what had been Alberto's Italian Restaurant. Instinct told her to follow and she rushed in through the shattered glass. At least two dozen of the things had flanked from the other street and into Alberto's, hoping to catch the defenders unawares from the sides. Clever. At their head was an aged looking fucker. Weathered with scars than the rest and with a stubble of silver hair at the chin.

Chambers was quick to the draw, in a blink of an eye unloading half her bullets into their leader. The bullets fizzled into smoke, ignited by blue lighting as they made impact a mere inch away from the leader.

As most would eventually learn, a few of the aliens would have what is known as energized shielding. The more veteran amongst their ranks are equipped with these. Testing showed a standard police issue nine-millimeter pistol would do little to expedite the stored energy in the batterypacks these aliens carried.

The elder goblin smiled, eyeing the woman who showed great physique and prime for breeding age. His genital hardening at the mere thought of taming this strong, beautiful blue-eyed sow.

As he moved to step closer, the smile on his face vanished as Chambers pulled out a.44 magnum, a most cherished lucky charm held by one of her heroes, had been stored at the glove compartment of her policer cruiser and always on hand whenever she needs it for a rainy day. "Feeling lucky? Punk?" The officer uttered, the grin on the creature's face evaporated.

It delivered 767-foot pounds of energy against targets, and at 1,200 feet per second, achieved supersonic speed. Suffice to say, no matter how advanced their shielding technology is, it still had its limits. The goblin's head exploded as did two others behind it, with a third goblin got thrown back by the splattered remains of his comrades in front of him.

Despite the gruesome demise of their leader, the rest of the pack merely hesitated, not retreating. As revenge, they planned to be excessively rough in training this yellow-haired breeding stock, drowning her holes in their juices. A dozen more of their brethren poured from the adjacent room, reinforcing their numbers.

Chambers clicked her tongue, for it would be a close call taking this many solo. But she was not backing down either as her town was a mess and she would make them pay for it. Before the little green men could exact their revenge however, another towering, yellow haired giant burst through the windows.

"GET SOME!" Ward's voice echoed, instantly followed by a barrage of lead that tore through two dozen green men, splattering viscera and limbs in a hail of gunfire. The barrel of her M1917 Browning machinegun sizzled with white smoke after her killing spree.

"Where the hell did you get that?" Chambers asked as she flicked an alien gut away from her uniform with a fuchsia-polished nail.

"Haversham's Antiques. Old coot actually keeps a shit ton of weapons in working condition," Ward dropped the machine gun against the counter, holding the damn thing aloft was straining.

"Damn, that's dedication," Chambers mused, reloading her weapons before getting back in the fight.

"Damn right sister," Ward did likewise, although her ammo belt was running short, Haversham's it seems must have only meant the thing for display purposes only, and not for an alien invasion.

There was a lull in the fighting. Gunfire and weapon blast were still eminent, but it had grown lesser. A tingle at the back of her spine told her that this wouldn't last. The enemy was simply waiting for reinforcements. She cast her gaze at the sky above. There were legions of them. They could not hold Millford with barely fifty men, not with these antiques against an entire armada of the wicked, little green bastards. She sucked a deep breathe, hating the conclusion she had come to but it was the logical choice if they were to survive.

"Fallback! Now! Get on whatever working vehicle! Food, medicines and weapons, load them up! Hurry!" Ward was already moving before Chambers could finish her orders.

"What? We abandon the town? Our homes!?" asked Joe, incredulity in his tone as he held a double barrel shotgun. He wasn't alone as a slow murmur began to rise from those that opposed.

"Look around you!" Chambers gestured at the burning buildings and the swarm at the sky. At the amassing invaders just around the corner.

"We stay, we die! More will come and we cannot hold the line!" Chambers did not wait to see if they would come, instead helping those who are eager to live and fight another day.

"How long do you reckon?" Chambers asked Ward, hefting another box of canned foods into the back of a pickup truck.

"Three minutes.... If we're lucky," grunted Ward as she threw two gallons of water, the truck's suspension bouncing from her efforts.

Chamber tsked in annoyance. She then clambered onto the driver's seat, "Everyone, on the trucks NOW!" They drove away as fast they as they could, a convoy of survivors. The wounded and the civilian. Chambers reckoned they were a hundred-fifty or so loaded up. A hundred and fifty from a population of what used to be three thousand. She ran a hand over her face in frustration, hoping that amidst the chaos more had survived, taking shelter in the hills and forests that surrounds the town.

The pine barrens should provide some cover thought Chambers before looking up towards the sky. There were thousands of the enemy's fighters rushing from the clouds over the convoy like a swarm of locusts. Whatever their plan was, they weren't after ground targets. Not yet anyway.

"Where the hell do you think they're going?" asked Joe, who had climbed aboard at the back of their pick-up truck.

"They are not going after Millford. Not with this many. It would have been overkill," Ward simply stated, reloading her weapons at the passenger seat, just beside Chambers.

"W-W-where do you think they're going, to take over the whole country?" asked another frightened passenger at the back.

Ward looked back, reloaded Chamber's magnum with an audible click, a look of incredulity written in her face, as if that was the stupidest thing she heard all day. "Man, it's a full-scale invasion. Their trying to take over the world."