All Comments on 'The World Series'

by StoneyWebb

Sort by:
  • 176 Comments (Page 2)
Pinto931Pinto93111 months ago

A good story but way to much baseball detail, I skipped big chunks of it.

teedeedubteedeedub11 months ago

Yeah, well, Yogi was right. It ain't over til it's over.........

ReadyOneReadyOne11 months ago

Didn't need to know about Cindy's demise.

The Style GuyThe Style Guy11 months ago

A game winning 5 star home run.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A five star tear jerker. Sort of agree with EastCoaster but add kinda harsh on Cindy putting her in that sort of hell even if of her own making.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great writing. The play-by-play was spot on.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Just … fuck off. NO SORRY. Yah hit me were it hurts. Love Baseball and …

the soul, the cock, the pussy, the small of a woman's back, the hanging curve ball, high fiber, good scotch, that the novels of Susan Sontag are self-indulgent, overrated crap.

I know it’s Crash Davies tale and so what, still love it.

It’s fiction but I would like to know Brad is playing on the Fields of Dreams, together with my favorite player, Joe Shoeless Jackson and the rest of the good ones.

God I‘m‘a sucker for these stories. Love it, Stoney

Captcha

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Epic!

BSreaderBSreader11 months ago
I've

Always enjoyed your writing style and stories and this one reason why. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Only 2 stars from me. The interminable switching and forth is she here or is she gone killed it. No drama, therefore no emotio ot catharsis. If it was meant to be another "Rudy" or Brian Picolo, it failed.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

As a baseball fan, I really enjoyed the story. The ending was a big surprise. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Thank you.

WellplayedsirWellplayedsir11 months ago

I use to live in Arcadia.

When Mrs Seaver was missing was it to go to her cancer treatments?

Tim_the_cajunTim_the_cajun11 months ago

Wow. So emotional. What a great story. Thanks I truly enjoyed this story.

6King6King11 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy11 months ago

We should all go out on top like Brad did!

5

ChopinesqueChopinesque11 months ago

I for one loved the baseball narratives!

And your characters are very appealing.

Thank you Stoney!

LwcbyLwcby11 months ago
Thank You

I enjoyed it.

ManoBlueManoBlue11 months ago

Wasn't a terrible story but I wasn't vibing wit it. Love when my City Toledo gets mention on this site, don't care for baseball or the authors thinking of it.

maedhros21maedhros2111 months ago

5 stars whatever category you choose!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

At "...a baseball story..." from SW, it was already 4.7. Now, 6, maybe 9. Yeah, you broke the Literotica scoring table. Some of the supposed "baseball fans" are most definitely hitting below the Mendoza Line. Still laughing at the commenter whose favorite player Joe Shoeless Jackson. Like calling G.H. Ruth, 'Baby Ruth.' Great job, Stoney.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

All you whiiiiiining about this being in the wrong category, let's see the same remonstrations directed at the flood of 800-3000 word formulaic cuck stories that all read exactlythebloodyfreakingsame! Yes, those define the Fetish category.

Supdave3535Supdave353511 months ago

That's the true definition of a loving wife!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago
My only comment

Thank you sir. Well done.

CaptFlintCaptFlint11 months ago

Excellent story superbly written. Went yard for a walk off on this one Mr. Webb. Thank you

GrimmerGrimmer11 months ago

Wow.

All I can say.

Pete_from_aus01Pete_from_aus0111 months ago

Great story, that was well written. 10*

leofric35leofric3511 months ago

Great work. Thanks for putting it out there

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Just lovely!!!

LOVE slap-hapy-papy #9

usaretusaret11 months ago

Sad ending, it brought tears to my eyes.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit11 months ago

Excellent. The baseball scenes were perfect. Interesting (and I liked) how the bad guys were Mets and Jets players. The closing scene I’ve twice witnessed, although the person who ‘released’ the dying patient was very much alive. That scene explained much, but was very emotional. You really did a great job with this story.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A beautiful, moving story with more than a touch of 'Field of Dreams'.

Well done, you've brought back at least the reminiscence of times that were full of magic, dignity and honor.

A far better read than I expected.

OilcanjonOilcanjon11 months ago

In defence of the 50s. In the 50s, 80% of black families had a mother and father. Back employment participation was about the same as white, Atlanta, Baltimore, and Chicago had thriving black business districts. Nearly every graduate of Dunbar ( black, segregated) high school in Washington DC went to college on his or her own merits. All gone now. Was what we have now, worth what we have lost?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Well.... like the British, I'm not a baseball fan... but this was a well put together story that made the game entertaining, believable, and even enjoyable.... the story was a true triumph and a human tragedy that plunged and crested slowly and steadily into a crescendo of mixed emotions.... Well Done!!!

hang1022hang102211 months ago

First off, I loved this story. I am a longtime baseball fan (old enough that I was a big fan of the Big Red Machine) and I am a sucker for a good tear jerker.

A couple of nits to pick from your introduction and statistic definitions.

1) An reached on error DOES count as as an at-bat as well as a plate appearance, but does NOT count as a hit or a reached base. So reaching on error is a negative with respect to OBP and BA.

2) You can get an RBI without reaching safely. For example, a runner on third, and a ball gets hit in the infield. If the fielder chooses to get the easy out at first and allow the run to score, the batter still gets an RBI. This can happen especially later in a game when a team has a big lead, so will sacrifice a run to get a sure out.

Also, a sacrifice fly with a running on 3rd scoring is also an RBI without the batter reaching base.

Two cases where a runner does not get credited are when the batter hits into a double play with a runner on 3rd that scores as well as reaching on an error.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

When I read Leo Tolstoy's novel "War and Peace" in my youth, I, like many women, leafed through military life and battle scenes without reading, and read excitedly only scenes of social events, dance balls and descriptions of romantic relationships. I tried to do the same here with baseball, but as a result, there was some zilch and nothing else.

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker6011 months ago

I usually hate romantic stories, but this one left me in tears. Kudos for an excellent baseball story, and really for a wonderful love story. Well done five blazing stars !

Callmetrinity64Callmetrinity6411 months ago

Sorry there are only five stars. It deserves ten. A well crafted tale that produces a wide range of emotions, and has the kind of ending that ensonces this as one the best tales to appear in this section in a while.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Wow, major surprise!!

Also, yet another emotion wrenching story.

Brilliant

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Jesus. How about some warning? My wife is out of town, so I’m reading this at a pub over a steak and trying to keep from bawling like a baby. Obviously 5*. A true masterpiece. If you retire now, you have left behind a great piece of literature. Congratulations.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Goodness, that was touching. For some reason I got some dust in both eyes at the same time.

technofrog2002technofrog200211 months ago

Wow that was a fantastic story! Thank you, 5⭐️.

MaultascheMaultasche11 months ago

Just wonderful and at the same time so sad. Thank you so much for the lovely story. More than 5 stars!

jmmj5jmmj59 months ago

Awesome.

Thanks for sharing.

dgfergiedgfergie9 months ago

Tears, but a good story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

What an amazing story I absolutely loved it. Thanks for sharing it

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A really engrossing and well balanced story. Five well earned stars.

JPB

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirens9 months ago

Seems that you and I agree on baseball, American football, and real football. (BTW, cricket can be fun to watch, too.)

That said, thanks for an engaging and moving story. Five well deserved stars!

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut9 months ago

I'm relatively new to Literotica, enjoyed the BTB stories and some reunion tales. Feeling sort of flat that the last dozen or so stories seemed devoid of any emotion. Wondered if I'd just read myself out. Just read this after your two Christmas stories. I'm surrounded by a puddle of tears.

Excellent work, just heartbreaking to read.

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNo8 months ago

Damn! Yes, hearbreak8ng. But against all odds, a heatbreaking feel good story. This was a real gem. Not sure, but I think I may have read it before. If so I don't know how I coukd have forgotten it unless it was so I could experience it new again all over. Thanks!

Anonymous1956Anonymous19568 months ago

A combination of Field of Dreams mixed in with a love story with a tear jerker ending..,What's not to like here? Brilliant,..

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Tears pouring down my face. One of the best, warm yet heartbreaking stories I've ever read. That she waited for him was magic.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Beautiful. Tears and everything. But such a well-written story. Thank you so much for this.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

is there a sports story stoneywebb can't write ?? tearjerkers all .

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Please keep writing, unlike many on this site you don't need to rely on overwhelming and unrealistic sex attempt to tell a story. Outstanding

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Thank you for a great story , you had me hooked from the start and completely smacked me with the ending .

Storm113Storm1136 months ago

Outstanding!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Stony, I have read some impactful stories on this site. “ Bringing Carrie home”, comes to mind. But this story you crafted, was absolutely the best. And as a life long White Sox fan, that will never forget the last half, 83’ team, your baseball infused story really got me in the heart. Thank you for crafting this masterpiece for us!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

What an incredible writer and story teller you are. Loved the story. It could not have had a better ending. Man, you walk on water.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter5 months ago

Great read! Tugs at the heart with an ending that was superb! So well done, thank you!

Hiram325Hiram3255 months ago

I did not see that coming. Great story, truly outstanding.

Arinderk75Arinderk755 months ago

Take Me Out To The Ball Game!!!" I don't care if I get peanuts or Crackerjacks, I just want to find another story as great as this one. You captured the essence of the game; and wrapped a great story around it. Thank you!!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

After four months, I read it again

Still give stars worthy!

JPB

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohio4 months ago

Tearjerker of a story but well-written and original. First thought was to give four stars because I don’t like depressing endings but really this is a five star story no matter how you “pitch” it!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Just wow

Dennis26Dennis264 months ago

5 Stars. Fantastic story ! It does not get any better than this.

RanDog025RanDog0253 months ago

What a beautiful story, amazing story! Thank you. I hate that the MC dies, or you killed him off but the ending was so worth it. BEAUTIFUL. This story should be scored at a solid 5 and it is worthy of my score of 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS! Fuck me to tears, the story was perfectly written and you deserve a Literotica award for it. Fucking Amazing story, BRAVO! Thank you so much. I'm hoping that you are current because I'm now a follower. Thank you,

alan_deealan_dee3 months ago

What can you say after reading a story like that. Thank you to the author for sharing such a moving tale.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Excellent

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirens3 months ago

Second time I’ve read this. Excellent! Brings back memories of the World Series games I’ve been fortunate enough to go to.

LoriRobinsonGaLoriRobinsonGa2 months ago

What a beautiful story, amazing story! Thank you. I hate that the MC dies, or you killed him off but the ending was so worth it. BEAUTIFUL. This story should be scored at a solid 5 and it is worthy of my score of 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS! Fuck me to tears, the story was perfectly written and you deserve a Literotica award for it. Fucking Amazing story, BRAVO! Thank you so much

Thank you RanDog025 for saying what I am thinking about this story.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I love Loving Wife stories like this. It is refreshing to come across a story like this amongst all the crap stories that flood this category. This is one of the few stories uploaded to Loving Wives that actually belongs here.

I rarely read stories that go to four pages. This was an exception.

Calico75Calico75about 1 month ago

Beautiful story. I admit that I skimmed most of the play-by-plays of the games, but enjoyed the parts about Brad. Yes, I cried at the news. Very well written.

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

Funny. Four months ago, I commented that I had just reread it after four months and it was still five stars worthy.

Now, after four months more, I still feel the same. Five stars.

/

JPB NOT BOB

earbudearbud16 days ago

The saddest story I’ve ever heard, I’m speechless. Didn’t expect this ending. Made me sad and broken hearted. Nice job. 5+ stars.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous