All Comments on 'The World Series'

by StoneyWebb

Sort by:
  • 176 Comments
KinPAKinPA11 months ago

One of the networks should option this for a feature length movie…truly an excellent story. 5*

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith11 months ago

Outstanding!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

ibuguseribuguser11 months ago

2* for the forward and 5 for a well written story, even though I don't like baseball.

So I owe you 2* on your next story. Hurry up before the offer runs out.

demanderdemander11 months ago

Baseball is tops. D

StrappySandalsStrappySandals11 months ago

The baseball is great, so I stayed with this for the 4- pages... But wouldn't recommend it. Too unrealistic, (W.S. MVP 2- weeks before dying of brain cancer) and too much focus on the piece of shit first wife... And call me foolish, but I still like a little sex, when reading stories on a sex forum.

DazzyDDazzyD11 months ago

This is one of those rare “EXCELLENTS”!

Great job…DazzyD

Karn9Karn911 months ago

Very touching, full of heart wrenching, and loving emotions. Great story and I loved the baseball theme as being a lifelong fan of the best game ever invented. 5* +

Seeker81Seeker8111 months ago

Wow! Not a baseball fan but this was awesome.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc11 months ago

Typing this with tears in my eyes - Who does that for a stupid baseball story? LOL! 5*

CD1929CD192911 months ago

WOW!!!

Fucking WOW!!!

dragonmann72dragonmann7211 months ago

If nothing else, it was a tear jerker.

Fireguy1956Fireguy195611 months ago

Just an awesome story. Really touching. Probably the best story you’ve written so far!

dcvngtn3dcvngtn311 months ago

Damn onion cutting ninjas

Jlyn1Jlyn111 months ago

Great story. Had me asking where is Kim WTF? Then the tear-jerker end. Wow 😮

DirtySingleMomDirtySingleMom11 months ago

WOW great story I love tear jerkers like that. I'm a Red Sox fan rooting for two teams the Red Sox and whoever beats the Yankees.

miket0422miket042211 months ago

I kept trying to find reasons why Kim kept disappearing that would still allow her to be a loving and faithful wife. When Brad revealed his tumor to the GM of the Rays I thought I had it all figured out.

That last twist really threw me for a loop and made my eyes a bit misty.

Love the baseball theme but, then again I've had a lifelong love affair with baseball since I was old enough to understand what it was.

Great story.

MaxiMilfMaxiMilf11 months ago

Awesome story. Loved it!

rruymannrruymann11 months ago

WONDERFUL STORY. SAD ENDING. BUT REAL 5.

ZoomdoggieZoomdoggie11 months ago

To read stories like this in an ‘erotic stories’ website says volumes about how far Literotica has come.

How very profound and sad it was. I lost it when the nurse said his wife died months ago. It all made sense then.

Stoney, you really done good this time.

gatorhermitgatorhermit11 months ago
Wow! Twists and Turns

Did not see the twists and turns coming. Fabulous story; very moving.

SarahwithloveSarahwithlove11 months ago

Oh my god, reading this was an amazing experience that I will never forget. Kim really was a true loving wife. I always hoped that somehow, love continues forever. It may sound silly, but I can want what I want. Thank you for this.

JensensloverJensenslover11 months ago

Wrong category! NON EROTIC! Completely skimmed most of page 1, 2 & 3.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Well done. Any good baseball story needs to be mythic, a bit over the top, and this seems tailor-made for one of Kevin Costner's melodramas, although I think he would insist on a happy ending. (Plus, he's probably a little old for it.)

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Sorry, but the long baseball descriptions of fictitious players were far less interesting than watching grass grow. Then the dual cancer deaths, thrown in right at the end, just felt contrived.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

True love and devotion. But very sad. Well done!

DessertmanDessertman11 months ago

Being British I'm not into baseball, so skipped through this.

How did he not know his wife had died?

TwentysevenTwentyseven11 months ago

Very sweet. But strictly for the baseball fans.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great story that is well written. Stories of going from the dust bin to becoming a hero are always well received, particularly when the hero meets his demise at the end. Suspensions of disbelief are forgiven because this is fiction. Story was well written and researched by a gifted writer. Well done, Stoney. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I always look forward to your stories! This one was a bit of a tear jerker.

Well Done. Thank you!🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Not a baseball fan, but you did an amazing job of explaining what was happening and using it as the backdrop of the story that I feel I should go watch a game or two. Thank you for sharing your amazing talent with us.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now11 months ago

Wait ... there's no crying in baseball!

--- "A League of their Own"

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I suppose there's something poetic about a sexless story utilizing the most cliched method of diminishing ardor. Didn't save it...

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good story.

1 baseball error. If the Dodgers take the lead in the bottom of the 9th, the game is over and they don't need their ace reliever.

KaeyoKaeyo11 months ago

A very moving story. Wish I could give it more than five stars.

AngelRiderAngelRider11 months ago

I am bawling. Ugh.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

That was one of the best stories I have ever read. It has always been a pleasure to read you stories.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

You are the man... I loved it.. had me on the edge all the time..lots of tears... sorry I'm just a softy..I hope you write more of these.... All I can say is THANK YOU...

inka2222inka222211 months ago

I was afraid it would be yet another weak ass "oh I love her" reconciliation from the disclaimer, but instead it was a heartbreaking and very well written story. Thank you for your efforts. I would advise revising the disclaimer to state that it is not a typical LW story, this way it doesn't either under- or over-promise.

My personal preference would have been that the cheating ex died of OD, but hey, this story wasn't about her so don't care enough to reduce the rating - 5 stars, easy.

Dry_opinionDry_opinion11 months ago

Well done on the story warning. Regardless of the sport, not a fan of depressing tragedies.

Out of all sportsmen with brain tumors, a big chuck are MLB players. Makes me wonder if the story is inspired by true events.

MaresEatOatsMaresEatOats11 months ago

A wonderful, sweet story.

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthere11 months ago

Interesting twists...watching baseball is like watching paint dry. Reading this much baseball is like waiting for it to peel.

LickideesplitLickideesplit11 months ago

This does not meet the criterion that should be part of the LW category.

“The resolution of a wife’s adventurous behavior on that couple’s marital relationship!”

Yes, Cindy was an adventurous wife, but her leaving abruptly meant that their

marital relationship disappeared.

It was a good pro baseball tearjerker, but Sweetie1 had a very minor role, except

on MC’s expectations re: romance & trust of women.

kelchakelcha11 months ago

Simply superb. 5*

Omart57Omart5711 months ago

Beautiful story! We all hope that, Love lasts beyond the physical world.

WetheNorthWetheNorth11 months ago

You made an old man cry

SplitGeode66SplitGeode6611 months ago

An emotional story, with some problems . If the wife died in January, and he doesn't realize the fact because of his brain tumor, how can he function as a MLB player? And how can he function ar a high level this close to death. I found the story of the first wife at the end broke the flow of the story. Despite these issues, I loved this story. 5 stars and tears.

mainer42mainer4211 months ago

one of your best dude

donjuan1954donjuan195411 months ago

Good read thanks!

ReddladyReddlady11 months ago

Lovely story. Thank you!

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades11 months ago

A good story with a surprise twist, really enjoyed the read. Thanks for your writing.

TonyspencerTonyspencer11 months ago

Excellent story with a nice twist.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft11 months ago

Five stars. A nice story and a good read. One loves a good baseball story, especially with such a likeable main character. I have 2 comments: 1. I agree with SplitGeode66’s comment about wife #1 — a single paragraph earlier in the story describing her decline and final karmic payback would have been just fine. However adding 9 whole paragraphs about her as the main plot line of the story (that of Brad and Kim) wraps up is distracting from the main line, and does not significantly advance the plot. 2. SplitGeode66 raised an excellent question: how Brad could still be a highly functioning athlete with only a year to live? Medically, this is not hard to explain. First, doctors’ estimates of patient’s survival time are just (forgive me) ballpark estimates. Depending on how aggressive the tumor is, he could go quicker or slower than a year. Depending on which part of the brain is involved, he could continue functioning well for quite a while. Why the sudden crescendo of headaches and death? Tumors are sneaky. Besides infiltrating brain tissue, they can also involve the blood vessels of the brain and weaken them. Tumor angiogenesis is another phenomenon seen in many tumors, in which growing tumors form new branches from existing blood vessels. These new vessels tend to be weaker and more disorganized than factory spec blood vessels. Both of these phenomena could easily have caused Brad to suffer an intracerebral bleed (common in many brain tumors), leading to his suddenly worsening headaches and relatively rapid demise.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster111 months ago

Yes, I know it was a baseball story, and it was well-written, but I honestly thought there was a bit too much baseball details for.me. I still gave it 5 stars, but I could have done without all the minutiae thst I found boring and which i think detracted from the story.

The ending saved it for me, moving it to 5 stars from the lower score it was going to get.

OvercriticalOvercritical11 months ago

Being an old and devoted Brooklyn Dodger baseball fan I did enjoy the details of the baseball games although the performance of our hero was beyond belief. The supernatural nonsense with his wife, Kim, was completely out of whack with the tone of the story and left me cold. The add-on piece with the first wife was completely out of order here and had nothing to contribute to the story. The whole idea of a professional athlete competing for an entire season (albeit at a diminished capacity) with an inoperable brain tumor is a real imposition on our credibility. What could have been a good story if the author had kept out the supernatural nonsense ended up with a 2* rating. Shame, shame.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I never comment on stories or really vote for that matter. But this @stonnyWebb was a really good and touching story deserving both! High 5’s sir, High 5

Cracker270Cracker27011 months ago

Incredible story. Thank you for all the hard work I am sure it took to put it together

Mike_0691Mike_069111 months ago

Should be in ROMANCE

GeriHatrickGeriHatrick11 months ago

I can see how it would have fit into several categories, I think with mc thoughts revolving around his wife you chose well. A great story that has me wanting to get my honey do’s done so I can catch the Rays game @1:35

Pavel246246Pavel24624611 months ago

Great job, excellent story 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Wow really utter garbage 3+pages of nothing!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Well written. But I have to agree that baseball is ALMOST as boring as soceer. And it is my opinion that this definetely is NOT a LW story and belongs in Romance. Simply not LW material.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A bit vague about Kim's coming and going..

But very nice story 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I didn't get it. So she died and he was in a sort of hallucinatory denial? Was that it?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

F gonna have to buy some more Kleenex- great 👍 5⭐️.

kirei8kirei811 months ago

Good story but you could have left out the preamble. Almost didn't read it.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

simply amazing tale! I would give it a ten, they only allow me a max of five. As a life-long Cubs fan, this pulled on my heart strings.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

"Some will argue that this is in the wrong category, but I would disagree."

You're far from the first person to be wrong, but I don't understand your need to advertise it... I understand your problem though, as putting a baseball story like this in Non-erotic where it belongs would not give you very many views.

Quack77Quack7711 months ago

First class....5 stars ✌️

SearcherSerendipitySearcherSerendipity11 months ago

This is clearly the best story of the year on this site to date.

Loved it!

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

excellent story. you put the twist in the story like a good curve ball . well written.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

This ending was ridiculously sad.. I even teared up for the 1st slut ex who used him. I was not expecting the ending.. I won't ruin it for others.. but wow!.. good story but I'm taking a point a away for making me tear up sir👀

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I sat reading this story, by complete coincidence, wearing a BlueJays T shirt! bought it in Canada on a holiday where we Watched a match; Didn't have a clue what was going on but enjoyed mixing with the crowd around us who equally seemed to enjoy (trying) to explain to a British couple what was going on?

Just like this great story. Not a clue what half of it meant but got the gist, and thoroughly enjoyed it`

Britease

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great story, 'cause who doesn't love baseball, right? I thought maybe she was sick and had been slipping away for treatments or something, not mentioning it to him because he needed to focus on the season. I also thought turning her into a ghost was a bad idea, but you made it work. 5 stars, thanks for posting.

.

Die-hard Cubs fan. You betcha.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Just Awesome!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A tale well told except for one thing. It was too disjointed. A solid four stars.

JPB

DakotaTRDDakotaTRD11 months ago

I do love the combination of sports and loving wives - good read

RzcanuckRzcanuck11 months ago

Oh F**k that ending caught me by surprise. Outside of LW stories I love good baseball stories.

4bk554bk5511 months ago

Best story that I’ve read in a long time!

Thank you stonyweb!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I've been a baseball fan since Ted Williams return (7 hits in a doubleheader vs Phil. A's) from Korea. Can't stand the steroid freaks who ruined the previously earned records and the ballerinas dancing after hitting a home run. Damn good story. It's amazing how people who can't write a shopping list can attack with such feeble reasoning. One thong. the LA closer was not waiting for LA to get the lead. The ninth inning being played in LA meant that if the Dodgers took a lead, the game was over. Thanks for a wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Well-written as always. But I saw no hints along the way of either his tumor or the real “reason” Kim wasn’t around. (OK, he had a couple Of headaches, but I don’t think “tumor evert time I get one.) I enjoy baseball, but this was an awful lot of baseball while we waited to find out what Kim was doing. And then all the suspense was ….?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Five stars. And none of them were for the baseball! 🥱

The_John_YossarianThe_John_Yossarian11 months ago

Superb!! So.... Stop giving this stuff away for free!

Dobbin55Dobbin5511 months ago

A heart breaking story, but well told! To the people who think it is in the wrong category, I say bollocks! (Good old British swearing!) The first is typical of this genre and the second wife was a true Loving Wife. 5*

deependerdeepender11 months ago

@SplitGeode66: Life is a mystery. And then it's over.

classicrockerclassicrocker11 months ago

damn, that was a great experience!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great story. Truly special and heart warming at the end. Way up there in the great stories on Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

well written, but story wasn't my cup

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Fantastic read! Thank you for creating and sharing that with us.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

At this point the vast majority of people that cry about systematic racism are either dumb white libtards suffering from white guilt (because they have been told that they should feel guilty... fucking idiot sheep) or minorities that blame everyone else for their laziness and poor decisions. Most of America is sick and tired of it.

Schwanze1Schwanze111 months ago

Specfuckingtacular

Schwanze1Schwanze111 months ago

Split,

Read it again. He knew.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Shouldn't this be in the Non Erotic category? Whatever, it was a cheap emotional twerk; hope it was good for you.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Areal tear jerker. Very emotional story. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

For those who believe there is another life after death! My thought dead is dead.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion11 months ago

5-Stars. Thank You. This is not only a sad story, but also a feel-good story.

OOAAOOAA11 months ago

Really NICE story!!!! Little surprise once realised what was everything about!!!

Very well done!!! 5 stars my friend!

BigfundrewBigfundrew11 months ago

Damn.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous