All Comments on 'The Writer and her Muse'

by Cagivagurl

Sort by:
  • 46 Comments
ScrutinizeScrutinizealmost 2 years ago

Nice story, I like the longer ones and it's well written. One little observation though;

Delia already met Annabelle/Lesley in person.

"Oh dear, she has always been nice to talk with, and we did go out to lunch a few times. I thought she was lovely."

Other than that, it was a lovely read. Thanks.

steeltiger01steeltiger01almost 2 years ago

That was a very well-told, salty-sweet love story. Thanks for a great weekend read!

ArdieffArdieffalmost 2 years ago

Sweet main character.

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnonalmost 2 years ago

A good read. Money is often a problem in relationships, and here the disparity between the two partners seems very large.

There is an abrupt jump after the paragraph '"What do we do about the money?" she asked.' I wondered if some text has gone missing somewhere.

ArmorlaArmorlaalmost 2 years ago

A lovely read on the most gorgeous of English Sundays! More ups and downs than a roller coaster.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What a lovely, fantastic story. Thanks for writing, it was excellent. Strong characters who came to life, the story was an excellent collaboration between Lesley and Virginia.

metroalmametroalmaalmost 2 years ago

Money or pride? Which can doom a relationship faster? It was a shock that Delia hadn't met Lesley in person, someone at the publishing house surely had, but still it made for a nice ending - or was that just the beginning?

lc69hunterlc69hunteralmost 2 years ago

Beautiful love story

XactoXactoalmost 2 years ago

You made their insecurities genuine and painful, but not earth-shattering. You’ve given us another wonderful story. Thank you. ❤️

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoestherealmost 2 years ago

I think this is the best thing I've read on the site for a couple of weeks! Nicely done! 5* because that's all the system allows!

qhml1qhml1almost 2 years ago

You've always been good, but you've hit your stride with this one. Now it's off to the races! Excellent story!

AliceGeeAliceGeealmost 2 years ago

A very enjoyable love story with two engaging and relatable characters. I have given the story five stars for the storyline and wring skills but I do have a small criticism in that the text is littered with minor spelling errors, the type that do not show up on a spellchecker. For example hops instead of hips, sire instead of sure in one place and sore in another, there are more. It does not really distract from the story but is a minor irritant as this reader had tp do a double take to ensure that she got the real meaning of the text. Sorry for this trivial gripe and honestly I did really enjoy the story.

VickiT375VickiT375almost 2 years ago

I always love your characters. You always make me think. This was beautiful and reminds me of the times in my life I have had to restart my life. Thank you so much.

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusalmost 2 years ago

5 stars. For me 5 stars means that I place this work and its author among the top 20% on this Literotica site and in this Lesbian Sex genre. 5 stars does not mean there's no room for improvement.

A little more than halfway into the first page, I was hooked. Your storytelling, like Lesley's is very engaging. It's for the quality of your character development and your storytelling that I rated this story 5 stars.

And yet, . . . You took an extraordinary leap when you dared to put a professional copy editor front and center in the first person singular. You challenged yourself to a level of impeccable grammar, spelling, punctuation, and syntax -- and, unfortunately, your text shows multiple flaws in all those elements. Oddly enough, I found myself cast in the role of Virginia in making (in my mind's eye) corrections on the fly throughout.

jackie_emjackie_emalmost 2 years ago

It was obvious early on that Lesley was Annabelle, but you still kept the story quite interesting

uga2001uga2001almost 2 years ago

I loved the story. The characters were the driving force that I found myself cheering for them. I hope you bring the women back in another story in the future.

MigbirdMigbirdalmost 2 years ago

Especially liked this story because it was about a love between two who love writing — finding the way to translate feelings/thoughts into words that resonate. The fact that Lesley struggles with dyslexia adds relevance and poignancy. From time to time I felt use of overly “erudite” word choice detracted/interrupted flow — not a matter of needing a dictionary to decipher, rather why not use a simpler/easier word. Maybe doing so is consistent with “writing” storyline (?). That minor issue for me aside, could feel the connection/struggle between main characters — captured so well. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110almost 2 years ago

Once again I am astounded with how much I enjoy your stories. By now I should no longer be surprised. I am not into gay erotica, but everything that I have read by you grabs my attention and won't let go. This is a wonderful story. Since this story is about editing, perhaps you could take a second look at this story. The overlooked editing is mostly spelling, but there are several. I that is helpful.

WoodencavWoodencavalmost 2 years ago

Wow loved this storey, I nearly didn’t read it as I usually avoid this genre, but so pleased I did. You are in my top 3 writers on this site, but I’m a little biased because of the Kiwi connection. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Marvelous.

MaonaighMaonaighalmost 2 years ago

A lovely story but why stop at turning it into a novel? It's got all the makings of a damn good film. Thoroughly enjoyable and believable tale. If you produce more like this, I won't complain. Very well done.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69almost 2 years ago

Lovable excellant love story !

NnnelsonNnnelsonalmost 2 years ago

Every story has a beginning, middle and end. Looking forward to reading the middle.

Rainyday493Rainyday493almost 2 years ago

Loved this. Thank you.

Hooked1957Hooked1957almost 2 years ago

You always write great characters and tell a helluva tale in whichever category you choose. Loved it.

Hooked

Slurpy29Slurpy29almost 2 years ago

I enjoyed the premise of the story, very creative. You did a great job constructing the characters and background. The only issue I had was Trisha dropping fuck every other word. It just didn’t fit with environment you setup. Small community, library worker. Sorry, but that kind of turned me off. It’s minor. As a whole the story was laid out very nicely. Lesley’s fight with dyslexia blended well with the story and setup some of the tension very well. This is a nicely written story, thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

a story with great flow and believable characters, I like it,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Sorry I just loved the story and a potty mouthed friend seemed very believable as was the whole story. I enjoy the way you write a lot of great story seasoned with some loving sex. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A thoroughly enjoyable read. Great work. Thank you.

Racer41Racer41almost 2 years ago

The story line was very good. On the whole, great read and very believable characters. What I really liked was that I could really relate to Lesley. I struggle with mental health issues and the author, Cagivagurl, touched a cord with me through Lesley. Oh and the sex parts were great!! Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Delightful read!

Craig1878Craig1878almost 2 years ago

Another gem, thank you!

MightyManfredMightyManfredalmost 2 years ago

A captivating story, with some sexy parts. One of the best crafted stories on this site. Even without the "erotica" it is "lit".

Anita71Anita71almost 2 years ago

Another great story from your hand,ilove your storytelling,always write great characters. Many warm greetings

FandeborisFandeborisalmost 2 years ago

A very believable romantic story. Lesley and Virginia make a very tumultuous couple. The romance, the misgivings, the sex, the separation, and even the coming out at the end was pure gold. It is said when you start a story you start at the beginning and when come to end, stop.

Well this was one heck of story and I didn’t want it to stop. “All good things must come to and”, and your story is no different. It was a very GOOD thing.

Rambling_ChantrixRambling_Chantrixalmost 2 years ago

Holy crap, the struggles are so real, the passion so delicious... also _I'm_ an introverted lesbian writer with trouble finishing, so there was a lot to relate to. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful tale!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wonderful characters, great story, you write very well and again I love how you put little bits of kiwi culture into it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Far from my usual fare, but an excellent story. Everything sexual pertaining to lesbian sex was told in a warm & caring manner. A 5 star tale.

Bill S.

Nicole2023Nicole2023over 1 year ago

Woke up at 5am to finish and I wasn’t disappointed

Nerdyqueen94Nerdyqueen94over 1 year ago

I truly loved this. I can relate to someone being frustrated and hurt because others take for granted using simple skills they can't master. I can't talk to people, crowds and new places terrify me. I wish we could all find our other half.

Rapier875Rapier875over 1 year ago

DAMN !

That was good, really good !

And now I've finished it, there's no more........

But that was really brilliant !

Rapier

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 1 year ago

Love in general and the happiness is a short living period ….. this is not a 100% quotation but unfortunately happen for most nowadays and rhen adding sapphic or gay the quotes adding fuel ….. the new society is made to be independent, women dont needa man anymore to become successful in her own being and so the old traditions are down to dust ….. but now getting back together and having equality is intense ….. your story offered the easy going easy jumping around and carefree acting and the being hurt hearts searching for a new foundation, a ground to live on ….. again, a lovely tale and your talent is equally to the one you described Lesleys ….. its amazing to read and getting sucked into

Ten hearts for the romance 💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Sexy_LisaSexy_Lisaabout 1 year ago

Now that was a fantastic story. I could keep babbling on about the story, but I think everyone feels pretty much the same.

OzeminotaurOzeminotaur10 months ago

As someone who is dyslexic and the fact I do write short stories myself is one of the many reasons why I love this story like so many of your other stories as your other loves shine through like music or in this story your love of literature it's what makes them special

So from a fellow writer from across the dich

Keep them coming mate

tsgtcapttsgtcapt8 months ago

Well written, great flow, a loving relationship, what more could you ask for? Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCagivagurl@Cagivagurl
Please do not ask for permission to rewrite any of my stories. The answer is no. The stories and characters within, are mine. I created them, they are mine and mine alone. Save yourself the time and don't ask. If I do not respond to your attempts at contact. It is because I do...