The Writer's Muse Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I look over at her and see a sympathetic smile and feel relieved that she doesn't think badly of me. I decide to try a few exploratory questions.

"Umm... Chloe... I know you don't want to say very much but can you at least tell me your real first name. I feel bad that I just plucked it out of the air and have no idea why I chose it."

She becomes more guarded for a moment and pulls the dressing gown tighter around herself but then relaxes and a look of forced amusement enters her eyes.

"Yes George. I'll tell you my real first name... it's... Zara... but you can call me Chloe if you like."

I know immediately... she's lying!

My spidey senses are working overtime as I try to work out the lie and come to the conclusion that her name really is Chloe. What are the chances of that?

I consider this for a moment and realise I must have scared the shit out of her by coincidentally calling her by that name when she was confronted by the police. She must have thought I was from the mysterious 'he' but I guessed that the fact I was already known to the police and hadn't done anything to her when we first met, was proof that I was not a hitman sent to do her harm.

"OK, Chloe it is then. What else can you tell me?"

I can see her thinking before starting hesitantly.

"I'm mid-20's, British, degree educated, single, 165cm tall and weigh about 55kg... well I did but have probably lost some over the last few days..."

She is quiet for a few seconds and looks conflicted as though she is going to tell me something momentous but that might give a clue to her identity. She pauses and clears her throat before carrying on which tells me that this is not what she was going to say.

"... I'm a red-head, well... chestnut to be more precise... but decided I had to shave it off, it was almost down to my bum but I thought it would make it more difficult to be recognised if I got rid of it."

She smiles self-consciously.

"I bought a hair-trimmer thing but didn't realise I had picked the shortest trim when I was doing it... I did it in the dark so couldn't really see. It was only when I saw it in the mirror of the toilet on the train that I realised what I had done. It was a shock but I think I look like Natalie Portman in the film 'V'... so it's not all bad."

Of course, Natalie Portman... not, Sinead O'Connor. I nod in agreement.

"You do. I thought you looked like someone famous when you took your beany hat off. It suits you though, you look stunning... "

I blush again as I've let my mouth run away again and I look away from her.

"Oops...sorry... "

Chloe giggles and reaches over to pat my hand.

"Don't be an idiot!. I like it that a good looking man thinks I look stunning."

I blush even more at her compliment and try to wave it away but wonder why she's flirting with me. I can understand why I'm saying such things, even accidentally, as she's an attractive young girl but I'm probably 15 years older than her and I certainly don't normally get such attention. In fact I've been concentrating on rebuilding my career since my last wife walked out so haven't been seeking, or getting, flirtatious comments from women my own age let alone pretty young girls.

I smile with embarrassment at Chloe.

"Yeah, whatever. You are and I'm not. Seriously, though, what do you do now? How long are you intending to hide for, because you obviously can't stay out on the streets for long... not in this weather? Do you have any money or access to money because just hiding is not an option? I don't need to know names or details... but what on earth did you think would happen when you first ran away?"

Her cute smile is gradually disappearing from her face as the reality sinks in. She strikes me as an intelligent girl so must surely know what I've said is true. I surmise that the 'getting away' part was enough at the outset and she hadn't thought beyond that. She now looks completely deflated and huddles in on herself. She looks away before looking back and I can see fear and confusion in her eyes.

"I... I don't know. I have money I can get access to but I suspect he'll be monitoring it so could track me down that way. I really hadn't thought too much beyond getting away."

Bingo! I was right... although that is cold comfort just at the moment and what can I do to help her out.

Help her out?

Why do I feel the need to help her out... more than I've already done so?

Because that's what Goody Two-shoes do?

Or is it because a pretty girl flirted with me?

Either way she's in shit-street and I'm the only one around to help her.

I take hold of both her hands in mine and try to look positive.

"Look, sweetie. You can stay here for a bit. I've got the flat for another two weeks so you won't be on the streets but we do need to find a longer-term solution..."

I pause for a second and see a spark of hope in her eyes.

"... However, at some point in the future you may want to share some of the details with me... I may be able to help... you never know."

She looks afraid again but nods mutely.

Chapter 6

Nothing more of importance is said and I suggest that Chloe takes the bed as it will be better than the sofa for her sore back. She argues against this but eventually gives in and I find her a long T-shirt to wear for sleep as all of her clothes are still wet from washing. It's orange and makes her look even more like the beautiful Natalie Portman in 'V'. Knowing she is naked underneath it gives me a frisson of arousal especially when her nipples dent the fabric as she moves.

One of the reasons I'm happy for her to take the bedroom is that I'm not sleepy and am anxious to to write some more and it's easier using the table than the bed. I'm strangely energised by Chloe's presence... or her story... and I realise that I've been writing some good stuff since she came into my life and hopefully I can finish this damn book!

Before she goes to bed we sit on the small sofa together and watch the late evening news. It is a strangely normal, domestic scene of the type I have not had and have missed since my wife walked out on me. At heart, I am a man who needs a mate, a companion, someone to share the minutiae of daily life with, not to mention the physical side of a loving relationship. The news is obviously less than riveting because Chloe starts to fall a sleep and leans against my shoulder and I am tempted to cuddle her but don't want to freak her out or disturb her and just let her relax against me. Her natural scent and the feel of her body close to mine makes me aroused and I realise I have might have to take myself in hand before trying to write if I'm this distracted.

The missing heir story is now turning into a manhunt as more details are released. The ubiquitous grainy CCTV picture is shown of an unidentified individual seen leaving the Edwards' family home after having been disturbed by Uncle Ray. The person is believed to be female, roughly 5ft 6inches tall with long hair and wearing a man's raincoat several sizes too big for her.. Ray Edwards was severely injured whilst trying to apprehend the intruder but is shown at a press conference offering a reward of £100k for information on the whereabouts of Jake and the mystery attacker. I still have him down as a person of interest.

It is at this point that I realise that Chloe is awake and staring at the TV with a fearful expression.

"What's the matter? You look like you have seen a ghost."

Startled, she hurriedly looks over at me and she tries to adopt a neutral expression.

"Umm... err... no... nothing... it's just... that ,,, I was at school with Jake. He was a nice guy... I hope nothing has happened to him."

She's lying again or at least, embellishing a story.

The only question is... why?

I don't call her out for it and she looks relieved that I appear to have bought the fictional narrative and gets off the couch.

"I think I'll go to bed. I can't keep my eyes open."

I stand up as well and she surprises me by wrapping her arms around me in a hug. My own arms naturally slide gently round her back, mindful of her bruises, and we stand like that for several long seconds. Her voice is muffled against my chest when she speaks.

"Thank you George for everything you have done for me. You are a great guy and a lovely human being. I hope I can repay you someday."

I chuckle and hug her tighter and she flinches and I realise my error and let go hurriedly

"Sorry... sorry... I forgot about your back."

I kiss the top of her head in apology before responding to her comment.

"There's no need to think about repaying anything, sweetheart. That's what Goody Two-shoes do!"

She looks up at me with a guilty grin.

"You're not going to let me forget that are you?"

"Nope!"

"That's not very nice!"

"I'm multi-tasking... being a Goody Two-shoes and not nice at the same time!"

"I'll have to re-think the whole Goody Two-shoes thing."

We are smiling happily at the silly banter and I have a sudden desire to bend down and kiss her but hold back from doing so. I think she saw the flash of intent in my eyes and now realises that the moment has gone; a look of disappointment briefly passes across her face.

She yawns and I relax my hold on her.

"Bed for you young lady. Take some more pain killers before you do. I'll put more cream on your back in the morning."

She grins cheekily.

"Yes... Daddy!"

She turns to walk away but then stops and puts her hands on my shoulders before reaching up on tiptoes to kiss my cheek and whisper in my ear.

"Thank you George. You are such a lovely guy... I feel better now that you are in my life."

I can feel tears welling up inside me and kiss her on the cheek.

"No worries, I'm glad I can help you. I know I don't know much about you but you strike me as someone very special."

I blush at my loose tongue again but her smile tells me she's lapping up the praise. This time the stretch on tiptoes earns me a brief peck on the lips which stuns me before a mischievous grin wreathes her face.

"Good night, George! Don't stay up too late. You need your beauty sleep at your age!"

With a raucous giggle she is gone but I can still feel the touch of her lips on mine.

I work furiously for several hours knowing that my writing is good and just to keep things fresh, I rewrite some passages from earlier chapters with which I had struggled previously. I call it a day at 2.30am feeling content with my output and try to settle down on the couch to sleep but realise that there are two significant problems; I have no blankets and my 6ft 3inch frame does not fit on a two seat sofa.

I grumble quietly to myself as I try a multitude of positions whilst trying not to make too much noise as I'm conscious of trying not to wake Chloe. It would appear I am not successful as I hear the bedroom door open and I can see the outline of Chloe in the dark as she pokes her head out. Her voice is 'annoyed-disturbed-sleeper' with added 'why-do-you-have-to-be-such-a-dick'.

"George, don't be a complete idiot. You can't sleep on that thing so either let me use it or let's share the bed."

I think about arguing but offer a token resistance.

"Unfortunately there aren't any extra blankets but are you sure you don't mind sharing."

The voice is now 'oh-for-fucks-sake-I-just-suggested-it-so-just-get-on-with-it-so-we-can-get-back-to-sleep'.

"Yes, George, I'm sure."

I get up and follow her into the bedroom and see her crawl back into bed... on the side I normally sleep! I'm tempted to say something but harrumph quietly to myself as I quickly slip of my clothes and clad only in my underpants I slide in, trying to keep a respectful distance. She mumbles a 'good night' and then appears to fall asleep very quickly.

I, on the other hand, am awake. Very awake!

This is the first time in several years I have shared a bed with someone and realise that every sensation that I have got used to in this bed over the last several weeks has been suddenly and completely transformed in the most sensuous way.

The scent of her that now pervades the pillows and sheets makes me want to lie close just to breathe in her sexy smell; the sound of her quiet murmurs and whimpers as she sleeps stirs a primitive instinct to protect her slight frame; the warmth of her sleepy body draws me closer... I'm very tempted to wrap my arms around her and cuddle her.

I don't.

I roll onto my back and stare at the ceiling as my cock gets harder and I contemplate going to the bathroom to... well, you get the idea.

I don't do that either.

Eventually I fall asleep.

I awake to a less than idyllic scenario.

I am lying on my left side almost out of the bed with a patch of drool on the pillow against my cheek. Chloe is spooned tightly up against me with her right arm thrown over my waist leaving her hand dangerously close to my morning glory. Her breathy whimpers and murmurs of the previous night are now long drawn out snores.

I smile at the situation and could not be more content and luxuriate in the feel of another human being's body... snores and all... close to mine.

Chloe twitches in her sleep and hugs me closer.

I am suddenly conscious that I'm going to fall out of bed and try to push my bum back to get Chloe to give me more room.

She doesn't so I call out quietly.

"Chloe, can you move back please... you're pushing me out of bed."

She mumbles.

"Nice warm body... cold sheets."

I chuckle quietly as she inches away from me and I shuffle back into her limpet like embrace. She sighs and seems to drop back off to sleep and I am just settling to do likewise when my brain tries to tell me that something feels wrong. I can't work out what. It is but at that moment Chloe suddenly springs away from me like a scalded cat uttering a quiet 'oh fuck'. I roll towards her and she moves even further away in a hurry.

"You OK? I don't mind you cuddling; it's rather nice."

She mumbles.

"Yeah... sorry... cramp... don't worry I'll stay away or I'll keep you awake."

We both settle down but I miss the warmth and feel of her body and it takes me a long time to get back to sleep. Chloe's breathing tells me that she too, is taking longer to get off but eventually I must have slept.

Chapter 7

Chloe's movements getting out of bed are what wake me and I crack an eye to look at the alarm clock. I'm horrified that I have only had about 5 hours sleep although there is now some daylight outside and I see her walk in a crab-like fashion as she passes through my vision on the way to the door. This strange motion keeps her back to me and I notice that the T shirt she has used to sleep in has ruched up exposing the lower half of her naked sexy bum cheeks. My morning glory hard-on, which is already at full mast, jerks some more.

"It's only 8.00am, what are you doing getting up?"

She jumps when I speak and goes to turn towards me and then strangely jerks to a stop in mid-turn. Her voice is flustered when she replies.

"Umm... going to the loo... sorry I woke you... do you want a cup of tea or shall I let you sleep some more? I'll be quiet if you do."

I am now awake... and grumpy... but I may as well get up. I glare and harrumph wordlessly at Chloe who scuttles quickly out of the bedroom in her strange crab-like motion. I decide to wait until she has gone into the bathroom as I realise that my erection would be tenting my boxers and I don't want to frighten the poor girl. I'm reasonably well endowed and it would be difficult to miss so look around for my dressing gown to cover myself. I remember that Chloe had been using it the previous night and had left it in the bathroom so I decide to stay where I am and call out to Chloe for tea when I hear her exit the bathroom.

She brings it in a few minutes later and is still looking flustered and her eyes are searching mine as though she is expecting me to bite her head off for waking me. She is wearing the dressing gown and has it wrapped around her and I still think she looks cute in it.

I grin sheepishly.

"Thanks for the tea... sorry for being a grump-pot first thing in the morning...I'm more of a night person myself so am not at my best until I've had at least two cups of tea... both my wives thought I was inhuman first thing."

She looks relieved and smiles back.

"No worries, I'll remember that in future and try and stay out your way until the second cup! I like to get up and start the day once I've woken up and being single, I don't have anyone else to worry about."

I nod in understanding.

"Have you never had a live-in boyfriend... or girlfriend if that's your preference?"

She blushes and I wonder why.

"No... I've never had a live-in boyfriend... which is my preference as you so delicately ask..."

She looks wistful.

"... in fact I've never really had a boyfriend."

I find this odd as she is a bright and intelligent, attractive girl and say so. She blushes again and mumbles something about being too busy before she changes the subject, telling me that she is going to make scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast and that I have 10 minutes to get showered and dressed

"Yes, ma'am. Three bags full ma'am."

She gives me a stern eye but ruins the effect by giggling.

I resist the temptation to take care of my incipient case of blue balls in the shower but, if she keeps looking so adorable for much longer, I will have to resort to Rosie. I sing the chorus of the song of that name by Jackson Browne, to take my mind off Chloe and her tight little body.

But Rosie, you're all right

(You wear my ring)

When you hold me tight

(Rosie, that's my thing)

When you turn out the light

(I got to hand it to me)

Looks like it's me and you again tonight, Rosie

(By the way, I'm mystified that it came as shock to people when he announced the meaning of the lyrics to the world in 2003, 25 years after he wrote it. Jeez, how can people be so dumb? LB)

I wander into the kitchen and ask playfully if Chloe wants to check to make sure I cleaned behind my ears and she throws a dish cloth at me in mock anger. I catch it and go to drop it back into the sink when she surprises me by giving me a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek. I touch my hand to the spot she kissed and smile quizzically at her.

"That was lovely but what have I done to deserve it?"

She colours slightly and her voice is hesitant.

"Just being you I guess. It's how I like to greet my friends when I meet them..."

She grins mischievously before carrying on.

"... but I don't know who the guy was in the bedroom but he certainly didn't deserve a good morning kiss. Now come on, sit down, breakfast is ready and you have three hours of writing to do before lunch. I'll bring you a cup of tea or coffee every hour and you can have an hour for lunch... I suggest we go for a walk to clear your head... then at least three more hours after lunch..."

My jaw is hitting the floor in surprise and this just makes her grin more widely.

"... why are you looking like that? You have a book to finish and it strikes me that you need some organisation and structure to your day. I don't want my presence here to be your excuse for failing at this. So get to it mister!"

I pull myself to attention and throw a mock salute.

"Aye... aye.. Cap'n!"

She giggles but then looks serious.

"I mean it. You've been wonderful to me and I need to repay you in some way. I'll take care of your needs... "

I smirk and raise my eyebrow at the double entendre and she blushes furiously.

"... Oh You!... Such a guy!... You know what I mean... I'll get food and make meals and keep the place clean... and... If you're happy for me to... I'll proof-read what you've done so far."