The Wrong Way Road Trip Pt. 01

Story Info
Brian Accepts a Challenge.
10.7k words
4.79
17.3k
36

Part 1 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 09/25/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's note: Please join Brian and Marigold on their fine adventure in many parts. This one begins on historic Route 66 in the California desert.

*****

Chapter 1 - A Random Encounter

I was wandering old Route 66 and stopped at an antique diner after a long day spent among the cactus in Anza Borrego park.

The plastic badge on her ample chest said 'Millie.'

"May I please have a Dos Equis and a medium rare hamburger."

She looked at me as though very few customers said please. "Cheese on your burger? A side salad?"

"No to cheese, yes to salad."

She walked away with my order and I noticed there were only four other customers, three men at the counter on stools, and a young woman hunched over in one of the booths across the room from me. According to my plan, I was supposed to be gathering stories about regular people in out of the way places. Tonight, I didn't seem to have the energy to approach strangers, even if I was in a classic diner on the remnants of the original automobile highway from Chicago to Los Angeles.

The burger was good, and the beer was frosty. Life was looking up when Millie came by and sat down across from me. "Mister, you look like a decent person. You could do that young girl over there a big favor if you offered to give her a ride to Las Vegas. She is by herself and very down on her luck. I had to comp a meal to get some food into her."

"How do you know I am headed to Vegas?"

"I don't, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask."

I reached for her hand. "You're pretty decent yourself, Millie. Most diners just chase folks out who can't pay. Or call the cops if they have already eaten. Does she have a name?"

"Marigold. I know that is crazy, but I have to tell you she was attacked this morning by a guy she accepted a ride from. Got away because someone saw the attack going on by the side of the road and chased him off. So she is scared something awful right now. I'd take her home myself, but there is two kids and me in a singlewide."

Millie was giving me a hard stare. Trying to decide whether her instant friend Marigold could trust me, I guessed. "Millie, you are my heroine for today, going out of your way to help someone down on her luck. Why don't you tell her I checked out and will give her a ride without hitting on her?"

The stare turned into a smile. "I don't know why I trust you, but I do."

A few minutes later, a very frightened Marigold was in my passenger seat and we were headed north and east on the old road. Logistics were suddenly on my mind. I never intended to make it to Las Vegas tonight. Maybe tomorrow. Barstow in an hour sounded like a better bet.

"Are you meeting someone in Las Vegas?"

"No, I was hoping to get into one of the shelters for women." She had dark eyes that looked sharply at me, expecting a bad reaction.

"I guess you are running from someone or something?"

"It's none of your business, but since you are giving me a ride, the answer is yes, I am running away from home. Actually, my folks tossed me out because I got drunk at the expensive college they were paying for and am knocked up."

There was a long silence which I ended by saying, "They wanted you to have an abortion, or give it up for adoption?"

"Yes. When I said no, they said I didn't belong in their house anymore."

Another long silence. "I have a couple of ideas to try on you. One, you need a bath and some sleep. Two, those clothes are a wreck. If you are willing to trust me a little bit more, we can find a decent motel in Barstow, and a clothing store that is open late."

She half turned in her seat, the dark eyes giving me another hard look. "Are you a white slaver or something? Fixing me up to sell?"

This was not the time for a tease. She had a bruise on her cheek that was going to hurt for days.

"What did Millie say?"

"She said she was pretty good at checking out guys, and I should take the ride with you."

"Imagine you are in Vegas at the blackjack table. You've got a Queen up and a seven in the hole. What do you do next?"

The stare was still there, but her lips curled up a tiny bit. "Damn, you know I will take the risk and stand, don't you?"

"That's your answer. Take my phone and find us a place to stay in Barstow, and check for a clothing store that stays open late."

She knew her way around a smartphone. In a couple of minutes, she read me a motel description and looked over, eyes questioning. "Fine. Take the credit card out of my wallet there on the console and get us a room."

A few more minutes and she had accomplished that. She looked over and said, "There is a Target open until ten."

It was my turn to stare. "Um, we have a problem. The way you look right now, the desk clerk and the Target lady are going to think I really have kidnapped you. Do you have a good ID? How old are you?"

"I'm going to be twenty in two weeks, and I have a valid California driver's license." She was definitely smiling now.

"I'll bet you don't want to be seen in that ripped dress, do you? If you climb in the back and open my duffel, there should be a pair of shorts and a tee that more or less fit you. There's also a water bottle and a hairbrush. See what you can do to not look like the white slaver has you."

Ten minutes later, as it was getting fully dark, she slipped over and settled in her passenger seat. I was impressed.

"Well? Do I look like your cousin on the way to a family wedding, or not?"

"Maybe. I want to see you in some women's clothes first."

Close to eleven, I followed her up a flight of stairs to our room, carrying three sacks of clothes and a new duffel. There was a sixpack of cold beer in one of the sacks. She closed the door behind me and asked, "May I have a kiss, Sir Galahad?"

Her lips were soft and the kiss was not a peck. "You give very nice kisses, Marigold. What am I going to call you? Marigold is too long and fancy."

"If you offer to shampoo this mess of hair on my head, I'll think of one."

She insisted on the shampooing being done in the shower, both of us naked. "Don't worry about me seeing that thing. Remember, I'm pregnant! I know all about cocks."

Using shampoo, I soaped around other parts of her body, which twitched and quivered. "I'm supposed to hit you and scream, but that feels really nice."

"Just trying to get everything clean, Ma'am." My ribs caught an elbow and she made a grab for my almost stiff cock. I was pushed back against the tile with a whole body press. "I haven't felt like a live person for two weeks. Are you really not going to jump me?"

There was a hairdryer in the drawer and I used it, making the thick tresses wavy and sleek. She was between my legs, moaning quietly, holding a shared beer.

"This is pretty edgy for a first date, Brian. Taking a shower with you. Lying naked between your legs getting wet while you fix my hair. If I was still talking to my mother, she would say to stop being a slut."

When the beer was gone, and the hair was finished, I turned out the light and pulled up the covers. She pushed her butt into my front and placed my hand on her curvy warm boob. "Good night, Brian."

The beer made me pee in the night, and she followed to the toilet. "Me too." Her hand on my cock didn't let me move away. In a low voice, she said, "Millie was right. Thanks for not coming after me."

Her fine ass wiggling woke me. I pinched the nipple I was holding. "The guy I was going with, the one who is the father, liked morning sex."

"Do you have feelings for him?"

"No, he wanted an abortion too. Didn't give a shit what I thought. I screwed up my courage and told him we were over and to get lost. He walked out of my dorm room and I never saw him again before I left school. He was pissed and the last thing he did was take my phone and stomp on it."

I hauled us vertical and kissed her. "Let's get dressed and find some breakfast." She slapped at my stiffy and laughed. "This wicked thing isn't getting any help today?"

I hooked the new and sexy bra. "Not all males are assholes. We're getting you another phone."

I held the equally sexy briefs for her to step into. Followed by charcoal capri pants and a crimson tank. She'd even found a biker style headband to control the hair and give her a tough look. I took an arm and walked us down the stairs to the breakfast room, wondering what to do next. Now that there were two of us, I had to have a plan better than wandering around doing interviews, didn't I?

She sipped her juice and asked, "What now, brown cow? Going to dump me here in Barstow?"

The eyes tried to look tough and brave and weren't making it. Cleaned up, she was really pretty. I needed to keep a smile on that face.

"No dumping allowed in this town. What if we get a box of food and refreshments, then find a picnic spot or two along the highway? We can talk about options and opportunities."

"I get to hang out with the guy who rescued me?"

I reached a hand across the table, palm up. "Deal?"

She slapped down hard with a laugh. "Deal!"

After the supermarket, we stopped at a phone store. "I want you to buy the nicest smartphone you can find. Consider it a gift from me in memory of the guy who supplied sperm and nothing else."

I also browsed the counter and bought the two cheapest burner phones they carried. The clerk didn't ask any questions and I didn't provide any answers. I made sure that Marigold's phone had only my name and background info on it. On the way out, I explained, "It's for your protection. No point in providing info to someone sent to find you."

When we were driving up the road, she said, "I can read that two ways, you know. This is all a leadin to the kidnapping." That jolted me and I looked over sharply.

She was smiling. "Hey dummy, it's too late for games. I'm on your side now. With baby." She emphasized baby.

Brian, I said to myself, what kind of a hole are you digging? Her fingers were poking my shoulder.

"Relax, rescuer of knocked up women. A little voice says we are going to make this work."

Chapter 2 - Detour to Death Valley

I did relax. It was a beautiful February day and I wanted to try out another idea on my beautiful companion, who was turning out to be damn smart as well. But first a couple of other things.

"I have some homework for you. One, call your college and ask for a one year leave for maternity reasons. Then, call your mother and say you are with a friend from school and everything is fine." I handed her one of the burner phones. "Take this. We'll only use it once and I'm hard to trace."

I expected resistance, but didn't get any. She mumbled 'damn,' under her breath and made the calls.

The woman at the college asked for an address and phone number and was told Marigold would call back as soon as she had that information. The call to her mother went to voicemail. The message was bright and cheerful sounding. No mention of where she was or where she was going.

Handing the phone back, she punched my bicep with a big smile. "When am I going to have an address?"

"That's a good question. What about staying in Death Valley tonight? You didn't really want to go to Vegas, did you?"

"I've always wanted to go to Death Valley, but my folks said it was too hot."

"Not in February. Use your new phone and make a reservation for tonight. Ask for one of the original cabins. There is a concession phone number."

We got the last cabin for tonight. She bounced in her seat. "This is a real road trip, isn't it?"

After a comfortable silence, she said, "We have to talk."

I said gently, "You are on a recovery path from a very bad experience. A little bird says not to try to solve all problems at once."

She took my hand and squeezed. "Yes." A few minutes later, she was dozing with eyes closed. I carefully turned off the freeway in Baker and headed north toward Death Valley Junction. Once there had been a railroad along here for the mines. At a BLM rest stop, I parked off the road next to a bench.

Sitting up and looking around, she said, "Lunch?"

"I was hoping you would think so."

After a sandwich and a soda, she pressed into my side and asked, "Is this trip going somewhere? Am I allowed to know anything about you? Why are you being so nice to a girl who got drunk and fucked?"

"Pretty soon, we have to get you checked over by a doctor."

She reached up and kissed my cheek. "Be careful, Brian. You are being more than a guy giving a girl a ride."

I leaned back against the table. There was a real problem emerging here. Her emotions were right at the surface, and could easily fall into a romance with this nice guy who suddenly was looking out for her.

Another kiss and a question. "What are you thinking? Stop being tall, dark, handsome and silent."

"What is going to happen if we get to be... Um, more than friends?"

"You are thinking poor impressionable Marigold might fall for you and cause all kinds of trouble?"

I hoisted her to my chest. "No, that is not at all what I am thinking. I am worried about a beautiful young woman who is going to have a baby and maybe realize afterwards that she had gotten too attached to a guy in a weak moment."

Her eyes were closed but the pink tongue was after my lips. "Yes, that is a possible problem. But last night I had a Queen and a seven in the hole and won five hundred dollars when the dealer folded."

I wondered what her embroidering of my last night's story meant. "So, you risky bundle of trouble, you are doubling down?"

She bounded to her feet, laughing. "Right. Speaking of risks, are you letting me drive?"

I groaned and got another punch. I was sure in trouble.

Appreciating the desert took a while. At first glance, there was nothing except rocks, gravel and scruffy plants. But if you slowed down and paid attention, it had its own quiet elegance, harboring plants and animals that adapted in marvelous ways to the scarcity of moisture necessary for life.

"Do I ever get to know your new name?"

"Wayward. Is that still too long?"

"You are going to inflict that put down on yourself?"

"Actually, I'm going to wallow in it. As my belly and my love for you grow, it will remind me of a low moment when someone took me under his care."

I looked over and tears were running down her cheeks. "Hey, speaking of wayward, that is way too serious. We haven't even had a fight yet." I tried smiling and reached for her hand.

She smacked mine down. "This is a good time to start. You are being driven by a pregnant female whose hormones are rushing around inside and who may behave unpredictably! Better dump me out at the next town."

I put a growl in my voice. "Not going to happen. You are indentured to me for nine months. Does the baby have a due date?"

She thought about that, wheels turning, and finally said, "I was such a stupid twit. It was a week or so after my period and I thought I was safe. It doesn't seem fair that other girls play fast and loose and nothing happens. So I get my cherry popped and an egg fertilized the very first time. That was about seven weeks ago, and this is the middle of February, so a nine month baby will appear in late September."

I held firmly to her hand, nibbling on her fingertips and watching the curvy road at the same time. "Which means you will be big and uncomfortable bouncing around in this car in July. Victorian novels used to talk about a woman being confined. Where in the country do you wish to be confined?"

"I need to think about that. I have a big favor to ask."

"What?"

She was smiling, almost laughing at me. "After we do Death Valley, can we go to Vegas and trade this heap in on something with a bench seat? I need to be able to lie down and nap with my head in your lap."

I thought about that. The heap was a 1999 Corolla, which had been with me since the beginning of my time at UCLA. Faithful, uncomplaining, and totally inconspicuous. Something with a bench seat would have to be restored. That had possibilities. Something might click. Worth a try.

"You are very demanding. There's probably no cell service out here, but if I grant your favor, you are responsible for checking online for car restoration places."

She closed her eyes and kissed the hand that was gripping hers. "My hero..."

We drove slowly, absorbing the scenery and thinking of the hard life endured by the twenty mule team borax wagon teamsters more than a hundred years ago.

"Do you have a camera? We should take some photographs."

"In the back is one of those aluminum cases. Look in there. I'll drive and you can find good spots."

She found the aluminum case and opened it with a scream. "My god, a Sony mirrorless. This is my most wanted present! In high school, I was photographer for the school newspaper. May I use it?"

"Yes. But the battery is low. There is a charger in the case. Bring things up front with you."

She got it plugged in and started through the manual, making little happy noises. "This is so fine. Do you need pictures for whatever it is that you do? I can be your apprentice."

"I guess I need to spill the beans pretty soon, don't I?"

She chanted under her breath, "Yes, yes, yes. I want all the terrible details."

We were going down the long grade from Death Valley Junction to Furnace Creek. I was thinking about a swim in the pool at the Ranch when I realized she would need a suit, which she undoubtedly didn't have. In the distance was a discreet sign for Death Valley Inn, which I knew had a fancy clothing shop.

"We are about to make another clothing stop."

I swung into the valet parking and got out, handing the attendant an outrageous sum.

"Am I supposed to come?"

"That would be a good idea unless you want to go swimming naked in the pool at the Ranch."

The attendant was watching, so she relaxed the fist that was about to hit me. "You will suffer later."

Since there was a nice pool at the Inn, there was a nice selection of swimwear in the shop. "You are not allowed to buy anything that conceals too much skin. You need to absorb Vitamin D for the baby."

I tried to keep a straight face and failed. As we searched for women's suits, I noticed her nodding at the excellent sportswear. "I suppose I have to model these for you?" She had a big grin on her face and wiggled her behind at me.

"Yes, but not here."

Yesterday's basket case was definitely coming around. I added more fuel to the recovery. "You will need some rags like these when we stop at upscale lodging. Please add a couple of outfits to the swimsuit."

She frowned at me and then realized that was not the proper response when sugar daddy was buying. "We are going to have a serious talk."

In thirty minutes, we were back in the car. "You are making me feel like a kept woman." Her look was grim.

"Not kept. I just hired you as corporate photographer. Consider those a signing bonus. There might be a promotion to partner if I like your portfolio of Death Valley vistas."

She fumbled around for a tissue and wiped her eyes. "Bad. Very bad."

A few minutes later, we were checked in at the Ranch and parking next to a rundown but historic looking cottage. The inside was spotless and full of antiques. She slammed the door and shoved me against it for a long hot kiss. Standing back, she said, "There better be a good story about what you do. Even if I am pregnant by accident, I am not going to be your dressed up plaything for the next seven months."

Wow! Talk about recovery. I picked up the body and threw it into the middle of the bed, then got down on my knees and leaned my head on her leg. "I'm sorry. I've always been dumb around girls. I'm trying to help you get your feet on the ground again, but not doing a very good job of it, I guess."

She pulled viciously on my hair and told me to get on the bed next to her. She actually hissed at me, and whispered, "We are both being stupid. We have to relax, like you already said. What if we enjoyed this place for a couple of days and didn't ask any nosy questions?"