The Yips Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Her behavior around her parents. The pain on her face when she was practically dragged back into the trailer where she had grown up. A hundred little clues that had individually formed no pattern now revealed her demons.

"Oh hell, Brie," he said, a tear running down his cheek. "She's terrified."

Brie looked alarmed. "Of the guy?"

"No," Bryan said sadly. "She's terrified of being poor. Of being forced to go back to living in an old trailer."

"That's crazy," Brie said in disbelief. "You're not poor. This place is not a trailer. What the fuck is wrong with her?"

"It's what's wrong with me. I got injured, and she convinced herself -- with some subtle help from that asshole -- that my career was over."

"But--" Brie jumped up, outraged. "You're fine!" She glanced at his bandaged foot. "Mostly."

He smiled without humor. "She just watched me get carried off the field for the second time this summer. Her demons attacked. A muscle-bound idiot with lots of cash offered her a refuge from her nightmare. And she grabbed it."

He looked at his honorary sister's stunned face.

"Sometimes things are just that fucking simple," he said.

Bryan raised his beer in salute to Brie and spoke briefly in Greek, then translated.

"Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.... Aristotle."

On Brie's face was an expression of profound sorrow. He had never seen her like this, and it was not a good look for her. It hurt him almost as much as Lauren's desertion.

"I'm so sorry, Bryan. When she was talking.... I heard a separate soul," she said.