All Comments on 'The Young Mage Ch. 06'

by AwkwardlySet

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
ju8streadingju8streading4 months ago

looking forward to more

DmitryDmitry4 months ago

Missed chapter 5 somehow, but I didn't, LOL. Wow, what can I say.,?! Thank you! 11☆s of course!

Southpaw1430Southpaw14304 months ago

Thank you for another great chapter.

HelgamiteHelgamite4 months ago

Ooohhhh a twist with a turn and a spike at the end!! Me likes!!!

joshmose93joshmose934 months ago

Nicely done. Thanks for sharing.

SlithyToveSlithyTove4 months ago

Really engrossing and interesting. I do wonder a bit at what happened to the princess and Magnus' sister in all of this, since Magnus, as an apprentice accompanied Fiona, but apparently these two did not. Things with Lina also seemed a bit rushed and sketchy here, so I presume there will be more to do with her as things move along. I very much look forward to future installments!

AwkwardlySetAwkwardlySet4 months agoAuthor

@SlithyTove Well, both Lina and Vivien are beginners and it made sense not to take them into something as dangerous as this mission promised to be, not to mention the implications of Vivien being potentially caught and/or recognized. I did intentionally reduce the content about Lina in this chapter as I mostly wanted to give more spotlight to the relationship between Magnus and Fiona and a few other characters. Lina is still a new character and I intend to gradually introduce her into the story. Also, in the next series, I intend to have more of the "Interlude" chapters, where the story will follow a character other than Magnus. The main focus will be on Magnus, of course, and I don't intend to change that in the foreseeable future.

fmp0927fmp09274 months ago

Wow, so now we should start expecting cliffhangers? Personally, I prefer to have each chapter stand on it's own but there's no denying that cliffhangers grab your attention. This chapter also seemed a little scattered with multiple plot lines left unfinished or unexplored. I.e. What’s the cause of tension between Magnus and Fiona? Just seems like you're trying to cram too much into one chapter. Still, great story and I can't wait for the next installment!

AwkwardlySetAwkwardlySet4 months agoAuthor

Hmm, I believe I left enough hints about the source of "tension" between Magnus and Fiona. It feels obvious to me, but I guess I am hardly objective there :) I left some hints about the plot with the cult as well, although I would be very surprised if anyone among the readers figured it all out. I understand that these cliffhangers can be a double-edged sword, but it is the way I write. None of the chapters, none of the series even was meant to stand alone. There are some hints, there are some early plot points placed for the next series, for the one after the next, and even for the series that comes after. You should look at each series as a novel in a pentalogy. I know it might be frustrating for some readers but that is how I want this story to be written.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Whoop whoop. The tale continues to suck me in. Hook, line and sinker. Brilliant.

Arkie77Arkie774 months ago

Can't wait for the next chapter

janus48janus484 months ago

Very good chapter!

AwkwardlySetAwkwardlySet4 months agoAuthor

Thank you all for the feedback, it is much appreciated.

I know you mostly want to know when the story continues. The thing is, I am quite unhappy with Literotica and the way some things are being done on this website. It makes me indecisive about if and how I wish to continue writing. There is also the question of my non-fantasy series that needs to be edited and rewritten before it gets published again, so either way, that series is my priority now. Also, if/when I decide to begin writing the third series about Magnus, I will take time to write a couple of chapters before I start publishing them, so you can enjoy the story without large gaps between the chapters.

As a preview of a sort, I'll just tell you that while things are slowly brewing on the main continent, we will see Magnus travel to the eastern continent, exploring new lands and meeting new people and cultures... and of course, fighting an enemy there the likes of which the world hasn't seen in a very, very long time... I intend the next series to be more grim, with large-scale battles and more exotic creatures.

Well, that is all, I guess :)

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Awesome story writing!!!

Tale_HunterTale_Hunter4 months ago

Great story, and your writing style is awesome. If you do decide to not to continue here, please provide a link to wherever you decide to publish so we can all continue to read this magnificent series.

NakedinNC_NakedinNC_4 months ago

I hope there is more! This is a great series.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Please continue to write this series. The talent you posess is not common and if you do decide not to publish here, Please provide the link of where you do so, that we can enjoy this fantabulous series.

ju8streadingju8streading3 months ago

looking forward to the next part

MRPapagiorgioMRPapagiorgio3 months ago

Great story! I also hope you continue this series! If you find a hosting site, please update your bio so your fans can continue to follow you. Cheers!

pk2curiouspk2curious3 months ago

Incredible story . Hope you decide to stay with Literotica . I receive GR8 enjoyment and entertainment from the incredible authors like yourself . Who selflessly share your fantastic works with the world for free . It is truly outstanding . Thank you .

AwkwardlySetAwkwardlySet3 months agoAuthor

Thank you all for all the encouraging feedback. It is much appreciated.

Jimdog32526Jimdog325263 months ago

you have been on a roll..... its time to keep rolling those chapters out ......

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAwkwardlySet@AwkwardlySet
I am a fantasy nerd who likes really long stories. I am also not a native English speaker. I am in the process of reuploading my old stories and hopefully adding a couple more. - On Hold. I am unlikely to publish any more chapters of either series until my issue with Litero...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES