Their Special Place

Story Info
She wanted a break, he wanted loyalty.
768 words
4.22
6.2k
17
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Corny1974
Corny1974
487 Followers

This story was written for the 750 Word Project 2024, below this line are exactly 750 words:

*

It was important that they met here. It had always been their special place. Engagement, wedding, anniversaries and birthdays, too, when they could afford it. It had changed over the last ten years. At first, it had been country house chic, all mahogany, parquet floors and tapestry cushions. A five-star hotel that made you believe you were in a Miss Marple whodunit. Acres of green lawns. The stone fountain. He smiled briefly when he thought of how many pictures they had taken in front of that fountain.

Everything had changed, not just for the hotel but for him, too. Now, only the gardens and the golden stone façade remained the same. They weren't allowed to change that. Some preservation order. It's a pity he hadn't had a preservation order on his marriage, too.

The new owners had a new vision. Jack knew all about new visions. Mollie's idea of a change in their marriage had nearly broken him. It had certainly broken his heart. All the mahogany in the hotel had been painted black--even the beautiful wooden floors, stained mahogany or replaced with black and white tiles. Lilies in huge back black vases were everywhere. He hated the smell, but Mollie had liked them, so she always had to have lilies. Everywhere, the décor was black and white. If only his problems were black and white, too.

He walked up the stone steps. There was no one to greet him as he walked in. No older gentleman in a top hat with epaulettes. As a younger man, that had made him feel awkward. Now, today, a reassuring smile might have settled his nerves. He didn't want this meeting with Mollie. He hadn't wanted any of this a year ago. It was what she wanted. It was always about what she wanted.

He'd always known she was incredibly selfish--the youngest of three and the only girl. Mollie had grown up being everybody's princess. Then she became his princess, he her prince. When they married, she was promoted to a Queen, and he was demoted. He lived to serve, his only pleasure basking in her delight, like all her minions. That was fine because he loved her and loved making her happy. Her selfishness was just part of her. In giving her everything he wanted, he hadn't seen that he wasn't being fair to her or himself. Mollie didn't like beards, so he wasn't allowed one. Mollie didn't like his glasses, so he wore contacts, even though they irritated his sensitive eyes. Mollie didn't like the smell of beer, so he never drank it.

Mollie smiled to herself as she looked around the champagne bar. Mollie knew Jack would do anything to make her happy; there was nothing he wouldn't forgive, was there? She was sure it would all work out; she hadn't noticed the love in his eyes fade, his mouth tighten, and his shoulders stiffen as she told him her plans. She hadn't realised this was a flame that couldn't, wouldn't, be reignited.

Her plans had worked out perfectly in some ways. She was now completely sure that she wanted him. Only him. She wouldn't tell him that part of her regretted her plan; she couldn't show weakness. He would be so relieved to get her back; he would do anything she wanted in their future together.

The white grand piano was being played expertly by a young man with curly hair. He smiled warmly at her before dropping his eyes back to the music. She looked away. There would be no more secret smiles with anyone other than her husband. Mollie didn't notice that the pianist was smiling in the mirror behind her at the reflection of his boyfriend, slicing fruit for his signature cocktail.

Jack didn't notice the two ladies still glowing from their spa treatments as he entered the champagne bar. He didn't see their eyes follow him as he walked past them. They giggled as they whispered their admiration for the bearded, bespectacled man. He only had eyes for Mollie. She looked beautiful as always, her red hair contrasting with her white skin. She started to smile but grimaced when she saw how different he looked.

"Hello, Mollie, he said. "You look lovely, as always."

"You know I don't like beards," she said sullenly.

"Well, luckily, that's no longer my concern," he replied.

Maybe this was going to be easier than he thought. Smiling, he turned back to the bar and ordered a beer.

Corny1974
Corny1974
487 Followers