There is Always a Choice Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Please Sam... you don't.... mean..."

"Yes, I do. I can't take it any longer. I'm fed up with the lies and the fact we're always broke." Looking up at him sadly she wondered if this really spelled the end of her marriage, "I.... I can't be with you anymore."

He didn't reply and just turned morosely away leaving her to her thoughts.

On all the previous occasions he had run up debts Sam had used the little she had saved to bail him out but that had been swallowed up some time ago. Now she had no idea how they could repay the £5,000 they owed to someone like Robert Howell.

She had met him on a few occasions, always socially when she was with her husband. Even Samantha had had to admit that despite the fact he was 39 years old, he was drop dead gorgeous and could be absolutely charming when he wanted to be.

At around 6' 2" tall, he was good-looking, with dark hair, greying at the edge, and the physique of a twenty-five-year-old. Although she didn't really know him, she had always thought of him as something of an arrogant, self-centred, arsehole who thought he was god's gift to women. The fact that he often had some young bimbo on his arm only encouraged her aversion to him.

With that in mind she just attempted to stay as far away from him as she could, on the odd occasion that they met.

"Samantha?" Her husband's sheepish voice came from behind her.

"What the fuck do you want now?" She snapped angrily.

"I am sorry babe, really, I am. I will sort it out with Rob when we see him at the week-end. I promise." Standing in the doorway he looked totally rejected.

"You're an arsehole Ben. You had a chance and you blew it. I... I don't love you anymore and I want you out of my life."

He grinned at her in a way that he knew always made her weak at the knees.

"Please baby, you know you don't mean it. Give me another chance. I promise I'll stop the gambling and talk to Rob."

"No, no more promises, please." Ignoring his attempt to get round her she continued to berate him, "I do mean it Ben, we're through and what's this about the week-end? Is it something I should know about?"

"Yeah, I did tell you. Don't you remember? It's Diane's party this coming Saturday." He reminded her with a smirk.

"Oh yeah you did say. And I suppose Rob Howell's going?" Sam suppressed a shiver knowing that with the debt they owed him she would have to talk to him.

"Of course, he never misses a free drink." Ben was back to his old self and, assuming he was forgiven, he came over and slid his arm around his wife's shoulders.

"Don't!" Sam shrugged his touch off her, "I'm serious Ben. I want us to separate and we.... we should divorce."

"What about the party? We need to show up together. If Rob see's that we've separated...."

"You can stay till the week-end but then you look for somewhere else, I want you gone. I mean it we're finished. You're in the spare bedroom till then." She informed him bluntly getting up and going back out to the kitchen.

Whatever she felt about his taking out a loan that they couldn't pay back they still had to eat.

~~~~~~~~~oOo~~~~~~~~~~

By the time they got to Saturday Samantha was just about talking to her husband although the conversations were short and succinct, basically restricted to the necessities of living in the same flat together.

Her efforts to find a job had been spectacularly unsuccessful and she was looking forward to the party, despite the fact that Robert Howell would be there, presumably with some young bimbo attached to him. She knew that she and Ben would have to deal with him but she was still eager to see some of her friends and, at least for the moment, forget about her problems.

Her husband was still in the spare bedroom and despite his pleading she was determined that they were through, at least for the foreseeable future.

They would figure out a way of repaying the money he had borrowed somehow, although at that point she had no idea how. Once that problem was resolved she would finally decide whether or not to actually divorce him.

"What are you going to wear babe?" Ben leant against the door frame watching his wife as she sat in front of the dressing table mirror, wearing her bath robe and putting on her make-up.

Taking her time, she had showered and washed her hair, wanting to make an effort to look her best regardless of their circumstances.

Going through her usual make-up routine her first task was to put on her false eyelashes, then apply the mascara, followed by the eyeshadow and eyeliner, after that she paused. Checking the mirror, she ignored her rather aquiline nose which she hated, and decided that she was fairly happy with the way she looked.

Once she was satisfied Sam turned and glared at him, "What do you want to know for?"

"Oh, I err... I just wondered."

"Hmm, what about that new blue dress? You know the one you bought me?" She suggested rather acerbically, "The one that makes me look like a complete tart."

The dress was, in Samantha's opinion, slut wear. A vivid blue it was basically a very short, tight tube with thin shoulder straps, barely coming down to mid-thigh on her. Low cut and tight around her chest with a series of diamond shaped cut-outs down the sides it revealed a lot more of her than it covered up.

"You're not really gonna go out in it, are you?" His despairing look clearly showed his concern, "I... I bought it for us... to...."

Noting his expression at her comment she made a decision.

"Yeah, I think I'll look great in it. Especially if I wear stockings." She knew she was right she would look good in it but she didn't tell him she was worried that it didn't leave much of her to the imagination.

"But if..."

"You get no say in it." Sighing, she finished her make-up, putting a little more mascara onto her false eyelashes and touching up the deep blue eye shadow, "Not anymore."

"But they'll show if you wear the dress." He bleated as she held up a pair of sheer black seamed stockings making a choice about them.

Samantha was quite tall, 5' 6" and would even say herself that she had great legs, which she knew the short blue dress would show off to their fullest advantage. However, the cut-outs would almost certainly reveal the lacey tops of her nylons.

Ignoring his whining Samantha stood up and dropped her robe onto the bed leaving her totally nude in front of her husband.

She knew he was staring at her body and for a brief moment their recent lack of intimacy came into her mind. Almost surrendering to her needs, she forced herself to think of what Ben had done and how angry she was with him.

"Enjoying the view?" Smiling coldly, she posed and let him look before she picked up a little black thong and pulled it on.

"Sam..." The lust in his voice was obvious.

Sex had become a rare event even before she had found out about her husband's latest blunder in borrowing £5,000 from Robert Howell to pay off his debts. In fact, she couldn't remember the last time they had made love and now, with him banished to the spare bedroom, it was even less of a possibility.

Ignoring him she rolled the black nylons up her legs, carefully settling the elasticated tops around her upper thighs and checking the seams were straight.

"Yes, I think stockings." She smiled unfeelingly at him again, "Don't you?"

Sliding on the dress she turned her back, deliberately asking Ben to zip it up. She didn't bother with a bra, wearing just the black thong underneath with the black stockings. The dress was cut much to low and a bra would show while her slim 34B-23-34 figure really didn't warrant one anyway.

Finally, brushing out her long blonde hair, Sam admired herself in the mirror for a moment. Smiling to herself she had to admit that she did look good but she knew she would have to be careful how she sat down though.

Slipping on her 3" strappy black stiletto heels she was ready.

"Shall we go then?" Turning to her husband she enquired, "Or shall I go on my own?"

Ben shook his head, staring at her dejectedly, "No, it's ok."

"Shame this is no longer for you." She enjoyed the pitiful expression her outfit caused him.

He didn't answer and instead just followed her out of the front door.

They had arranged to take a taxi to the party so they could both enjoy a drink and sliding into the back seat she, cheekily, let her thighs open to give the driver a quick flash up her dress. Grinning, as she noticed that he then angled his rear-view mirror down to watch her legs.

"You never know, maybe I'll get lucky tonight." She murmured softly but made sure her husband heard her, "There's bound to be a few single guys at Diane's party."

"Sam please.... don't... I..."

"Tough. This isn't yours any longer." Her emphatic words cut him deeply and he sat back, staring miserably out of the window.

It was a short drive that took them less than twenty minutes to get to Diane's house where, after flashing her knickers and stocking tops once again, Sam and her husband got out and knocked at the front door.

"Wow! You look stunning!" Diane opened the door and greeted her friend before saying hello to Ben.

"I look like a complete slut." Sam rolled her eyes and snorted as she gave Diane her opinion of the outfit.

"No way, you look really fabulous Samantha. Where on earth did you get it, it's bloody gorgeous." She continued fawning over the dress for a moment more.

Blushing she grudgingly admitted, "Umm... Ben bought it for me."

"See it looks fabulous on you." Her husband whispered, happy to be scoring a point off her, as they were ushered in to join the party, "Told you it would."

Scowling back at him she cuttingly told him, "I look like a cheap slut but that's all you'll be doing is looking... so just make the most of it you pathetic little shit."

The couple got themselves a drink and she looked around, immediately noticing Rob Howell across the room. He seemed to be alone and was busy talking with someone so she was able to stay away from him and for the next hour or so circulated through the crowd.

'Christ but he's bloody gorgeous.'

'Why has no one ever nabbed him?'

'He's probably crap in bed?'

While Samantha couldn't keep her eyes focused on Rob the whole time, her thoughts did linger on him as she mingled with the other party guests. She found several men wanting to spend time and flirt with her, presumably because of the way she was dressed, but whenever she found time to glance over at the loan shark, she found Rob Howell's eyes staring right back at her.

"I need the bathroom babe. Be right back." Desperate to escape, she told a forty something overweight bore, leaving him chatting to Diane's partner while she disappeared.

There was a bit of a queue so Sam had to wait and it was a good ten minutes before she got back to the party. Pausing at the edge of the crowd her heart sank when she saw her husband deep in conversation with his friend across on the far side of the room.

Wanting to know what Ben was saying and knowing she would eventually have to talk to Rob anyway she made her way around the throng of people, stopping to pick up another drink, as she headed slowly back to her husband and his businessman friend.

"My, my, you look absolutely stunning Samantha." Rob greeted her with a lustful grin.

"Thanks." She responded graciously.

Brushing past her husband he kissed her on the cheek, his lips lingering close to her mouth, and slipped an arm around her waist to lay claim to her. His touch sent a shiver of unexpected arousal through her as his fingers brushed lightly against her skin through one of the dresses' cut-out's.

"You're a lucky man. I hope you know that?" Rob pulled her closer to him and turned back to face Ben.

Fidgeting in his grasp she didn't pull away. Part of her wanting to try to keep him friendly until they had sorted out the repayment of the money her husband had borrowed, while another part was unexpectedly enjoying having his arm wrapped around her.

"I love the dress by the way Samantha, it looks absolutely sensational on you."

Rob's hand slipped down onto her bottom as he spoke, his fingers squeezing her rear gently.

"Thanks." Smiling she squirmed against him feeling a flush of warmth flood her pussy as she became slightly aroused by his closeness and the way his hand cupped her bum.

"You're welcome."

Her gaze switched to her husband not wanting him to say something and cause a scene which might possibly ruin any chance they had of getting an agreement from his friend.

"Ben bought it for me." She mumbled almost as an afterthought.

His hand lightly caressed her bum again, "Well, he certainly has exceptional taste."

Samantha looked at Ben again, her eyes trying to read his mind but either he couldn't see what Rob was doing or how it was turning her on. Instead, he seemed to be simply ignoring it.

"Hey Robert! Have you got a minute?" Diane called across and Rob, reluctantly, removed his hand off Sam's arse.

"Sure." He grinned and waved at the hostess, "Be right back you two. Don't you go anywhere Samantha."

Sighing with relief she watched him move away pushing through people to reach Diane and felt her heart rate start to slow.

"Thanks for nothing." Sam glowered at her husband.

"What!" Ben said, a surprised expression on his face.

"You know what. Rob! He was groping my arse right in front of you." She looked daggers at him still confused by the unexpected effect the older man had had on her, "And you did nothing."

"He was just being friendly and we need to keep him onside hon, remember?" Ben wheedled placatingly, "And besides, you said it wasn't mine any longer."

"Friendly!" Sam almost exploded and her voice went up several decibels, "If he had been any friendlier, he would have had his hand up inside my dress. And I'm not your hon, not anymore."

"Keep it down Sam." He looked around to see if anyone had heard his wife, "Don't cause a scene. Please."

"Keep it fucking down! Don't make a scene! Perhaps, I should have let him finger me right here."

She stood and glared at her husband thinking how much of an arsehole he could be at times, while wondering why her pussy was getting wet just thinking about Robert Howell's hands on her.

"Sam please I know you...."

"Or better still maybe I should just go home with him so he can fuck me! Will that be friendly enough for you?" Continuing her tirade she spat her words at him, "At least that way I'll know what it's like to have a real man between my legs."

As she made the comment, she felt another wave of lust flood her loins.

'Did she really have the hots for Rob Howell?'

'Would she actually sleep with him if he asked her?'

"Please Samantha, I'm trying to get him to extend the repayment term. Just be nice, for me. Is that too hard for you to do?" Ben's voice jerked her back from her lustful thoughts as he virtually started begging her to be reasonable.

"Ok then, just for you." Samantha answered as sarcastically as she could, hating her husband even more in that moment, "How nice do you want me to be? Just a little nice or full-on screw my brains out nice?"

"I know you said we're finished but maybe if I sort out paying him back then perhaps, we might......" Ben took hold of his wife's shoulders looking hopefully into her eyes.

She almost relented when she saw the anguish in his face, barely holding on to the anger that had consumed her through the past few days. Then she remembered all of his broken promises, the countless nights she had spent worrying about paying their bills and all the lies he had told her.

Her heart hardened and she knew, for her own sanity, she couldn't go back now.

Over his shoulder she could see Rob walking towards them, smiling, "Fine! I'll play the wifey for now but we really are done Ben. I mean it I want a separation."

"Now, where were we?" Interrupting them Rob sidled across to Samantha and, smiling, slipped his arm about her waist again, re-asserting his claim to her.

She didn't protest, just glared at her husband, as his so-called friend lightly caressed her hip and then dropped his hand back onto her arse, his fingers kneading it gently.

Sighing inwardly, she could feel her temperature rising again as her heart rate leapt.

"My husband was going to discuss a timetable for repaying that £5000 back to you." Sam smiled at him trying to ignore the hand molesting her rear.

"Five thousand? Sorry babe, it's currently £6,000." Rob replied somewhat casually.

"What!" She jerked round to face him, ignoring the fact that his hand was still clutching her bum, "How do you work that out?"

He grinned at her, "It's called interest darlin."

"Interest at twenty percent!" Her response was one of total indignation, "That's daylight fucking robbery."

"No, it's simply business." He pulled Samantha back against him, "And it's what your husband agreed to."

She looked across at Ben who stared disconsolately at the floor avoiding his wife's questioning gaze.

"What else haven't you bothered to tell me you fucking prick?" She spat venomously at her husband.

"You did mention to your wife that the loan is due for repayment by today didn't you Ben?" Rob interjected tightening his hold on her.

"What... We... we can't pay it today. I mean we... we don't have it." Samantha stammered open-mouthed, making no attempt to pull away from him now.

Smirking Rob's hand caressed her bottom then slid lower down to the back of her thigh briefly caressing her leg just above her stocking top before moving back onto her arse. She simply stood there, stunned, as his fingers stroked her bare flesh above the lacey band just a couple of inches below her slit.

"So, what do you have?" He blatantly groped her now as he looked at her husband.

"Nothing, I don't have it right now. All I have is our car and that's not even worth a grand." Ben answered quietly.

"I see. So even if you manage to sell your motor, you're still at least five grand short." Rob smiled almost deviously.

Without waiting for an answer Rob turned his attention to Sam, "What about you Samantha? Are you going to be able to pay your husband's debt?"

She looked angrily at Ben but he continued to stare at his feet avoiding eye contact with her.

Acrimoniously she turned back to Rob, "Do I have any choice in the matter?"

"Of course, there's always a choice. But if your husband can't pay and you won't then I'll have to make sure no one else thinks they can get away with defaulting on a loan." He said quietly, with a definite undertone of menace as he looked directly at Ben, his eyes narrowing.

The inference was clear.

If they didn't agree something with Rob, he would make sure Ben suffered.

"Can we have five minutes please?" Sam asked the good-looking older man.

"Sure."

Taking her husband's arm, she led him out into the garden where they could talk privately.

"You fucking piece of shit. Now I have to let him screw me to get you off the hook."

"I didn't know... I mean... you, you can't... it's...."

"It's what? Cheating?" Struggling to stay calm she raised her voice and answered him angrily, "Says the arsehole who has lied and gambled away everything we had in the last couple of years."

"But...."

"There are no buts Ben. I want you gone as soon as this is sorted, I want you out of the flat by Monday. We're finished."

His expression was one of total defeat. His shoulders slumped and he looked at her dejectedly, "I'm sorry Sam I really am. Is there any way I can maybe....?"

"Yeah, you can fuck off out of my life." Her last comment clearly cut him and she felt guilty as soon as she said it.

Part of her hated herself for what she was saying but, at the same time, another part knew, despite what Rob had said, she had no other choice.