There is Always a Choice Pt. 03

Story Info
Things are looking up for Samantha and then they aren't.
9k words
4.53
5.5k
7
5

Part 3 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 10/30/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I'm still of a mind that this is a romance story but, perhaps, not in the traditional sense. In the end though it is just that, a story and not real life.

If you haven't read parts 1 & 2, I suggest you do, to fully understand what has happened, before reading part 3.

As always comments, constructive and critical, are welcome.

Enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is always a choice

Part 3

Hurrying up the stairs to their first floor flat Samantha glanced around her nervously, hoping that none of her neighbours saw her arriving home in last night's dress. Turning her key in the lock she pushed the front door open and wondered exactly what sort of reaction she was going to get from her husband.

"Babe. Are you ok? I've been so worried." Ben leapt up off the sofa as soon as his wife came through the doorway, "What happened? Did he.... you know?"

Her intention had been to rip into him, but as soon as she saw him that plan went out of the window. It was obvious he had barely slept and looked so dejected and miserable that Sam just couldn't bring herself to do it, even though he thoroughly deserved it.

Instead, she flopped down onto the sofa, her blue dress riding up around the tops of her thighs, and just looked at him without speaking.

"Do you want a coffee?" He asked hesitantly, obviously expecting her to rant at him over what had happened.

"Sure, why not." She sighed resignedly, despite the fact that she wanted him to go, she decided it could wait till later.

Leaning back, she was unable to suppress the feeling of sexual contentment that filled her after her incredible erotic liaison with Rob Howell the previous night.

"I'm sorry... I'm really, really sorry... you're right it's all my fault."

A stumbling apology was about all he could manage to mumble before he scurried off into the kitchen.

Waiting for him to make the coffee Samantha sat and stared at the wall wondering just what she was going to do now.

She knew she needed some time to get her life together.

'What would she do about Rob's suggestion to become a whore?'

'How was she going to cover the rent or bills with Ben gone?

There was no way she was going to put up with his gambling any longer, she was sure of that at least. But once she was on her own what was the next step for her? She needed a job but could she accept Rob's proposition and actually become an escort?

And then, if she did that, what about his comment that there were other opportunities she might want to consider.

'What sort of openings was he talking about?'

"Coffee babe."

Ben returned with two mugs and interrupted her deliberations.

"Thanks, but I'm not your babe anymore." She took the cup without really looking at him.

He ignored her comment, "What happened last night? Did he..."

Sitting down on the sofa next to her he looked at her, his expression one of absolute desolation.

"It's no longer any of your business." Sam responded a little more acerbically than she actually intended, "We're not together anymore, I told you I don't love you."

"Please Sam.... I need to know if..."

"If he fucked me? Or maybe if he's bigger than you? Is that what you want me to tell you?" She glared at him balefully, "Is it?"

"I... I love you Sam. Can't we...."

His forlorn look of abject misery almost made her feel sorry for him until she thought back to how his gambling had ruined her life and destroyed her dreams.

"Can't we what?"

Ben stared disconsolately down at his feet, "Try again?"

Sam snorted in disgust, "So you can throw even more money down the drain and put us even deeper in debt. I don't think so."

"Please...." He whispered wretchedly, "I'll stop... I... I'll have therapy. Anything you want."

She stared at him in disbelief, his pathetic pleading making her want to punch him after all the heartache he had put her through.

"No, Ben it's too late. And yes, he did fuck me. Last night and twice this morning, just so you know." She stated contemptuously wanting to hurt him, "And he has the biggest cock I've ever seen."

Ben stared at her for a second before getting up and stumbling away into the bathroom where, moments later, she heard the sound of him throwing up.

Waiting until he returned, she sipped her hot coffee and tried not to feel guilty as she made a mental list of all the things that she needed to do later that day.

He looked pale when he eventually came back into the room.

"Please Sam, can't we at least talk about what's happened?"

Samantha nodded, "Sure. I'll go and get changed then we can sit down and talk properly but I still want us to separate Ben."

Getting up she took her mug through to the bedroom and took off her blue dress changing into jeans and a casual top. Then she put her long hair up into a pony tail before slowly making her way back to the living room, dreading the discussion that she knew they needed to have.

Returning to the lounge she perched on the edge of the couch and waited, nervously fiddling with her cup, watching her husband as he gazed back at her. Neither of them spoke for a minute or two as they sat and considered the situation they were in.

"So, what now?" Ben finally broke the profound silence that had settled over them.

Sam shrugged indifferently, "I want you to move out so I can try to get my life back together."

"But what if I promised...."

"For fuck's sake, no more promises Ben. You've broken so many and I'm fed up hearing them. I don't love you anymore."

His downcast countenance made it plain to her that he understood she meant what she said.

"But I love you Sam... I mean it." He tried to hold her hand but she pulled away, "I'll do whatever you want."

"Maybe you would, but I'm not sure if I've really loved you for a long time now."

"So, you... you're going to leave me for... for Rob?" Ben suddenly blurted out.

"What? Where did you get that idea from?" She looked at him in total amazement.

His desolate expression said everything to her but he still put it into words.

"I've heard about his reputation and you.... you said he was.... big. Besides that, you said it was all my fault."

"Let me be clear, I'm not going anywhere with Robert Howell. I want to be on my own." She told him firmly, absolutely certain that she didn't mean it, "And yes, it is all your fault."

Ben looked totally crestfallen at her statement but nodded his agreement.

Taking a deep breath Sam continued, "You are a complete tosser for getting us into this mess and maybe one day I'll forgive you but right now I... I just don't want you. I can't take any more of your lies and your gambling."

The surprise in his eyes was genuine at the comment she might forgive him eventually.

"As far as Rob Howell goes, yes he has a very big cock. Certainly, the biggest I've ever had inside me. Although I've only yours and two others to compare him to."

She was brutally honest, knowing her words would be a complete put down to him.

"Oh... then..." He started to interrupt her but she held up her hand to stop him.

"Let me finish. He fucked me last night and twice this morning and he came in me every time." Sam tried to keep her little speech as basic as possible, "And before you ask, yes he made me come, certainly more than anyone else ever has."

"So... you... you prefer him... to... to me." Her husband stared at her and stammered hesitantly.

"Right now, I don't prefer anyone but if I had to choose who I had sex with then yes, I'd let Rob fuck me."

"I'm sorry, it's.... it's just that I.... I don't want to lose you." Ben stated quietly.

"It's a bit late for that." Samantha responded bitterly, "You don't want to lose me but you were happy to gamble away our money and for me to sleep with him?"

He blushed scarlet at his wife's comment and squirmed in his seat.

Glancing down at the front of his pants she was surprised to see his erection tenting out the material.

"Oh my god, it's turning you on even now!" Sam exclaimed deeply shocked at this unexpected revelation.

His hands dropped to cover his bulge and he flushed a deeper shade of crimson.

"I... I... yes... it is." He eventually admitted.

Suddenly she felt a little better over what had happened with Rob.

Quietly contemplating what had just been said between the two of them she sat and wondered what it might mean for her future.

"This doesn't change anything. I still want us to separate Ben, I can't deal with your gambling addiction. I need time on my own." Sam finally broke the silence that had descended over them again.

"You just want time to fuck him, don't you?" Her husband's retort was both angry and miserable.

"Yes." The answer she gave him was softly spoken and she didn't look up at him, "If I want to then yes, I'll fuck him again and then again."

Pausing for a moment she continued, "He's an arrogant, egotistical arsehole and when you hear the rest of what I have to say you might not be so aroused by all this."

"Why? What happened?" Ben suddenly wanted to know.

Biting her lip nervously Sam told him, filling him in with everything Rob had said to her.

"What? I don't understand." Her husband looked confused as she stopped for a moment to let her words sink in.

Taking a deep breath, she finished what she had to tell him, "He just wanted to add me to his list. He doesn't especially want me again. In fact, he said I was just another little scrubber."

Even as she said it, she wondered what the situation between her and Rob Howell really was. He had called her a scrubber for sure but he had also told her he would be there when she called.

'What had he meant when he said he'd be there?'

'He had said she was very, very fanciable. Did that mean he actually fancied her?'

"Why did he have to be so bloody sexy?'

"Sam?" Her husband's voice pulled her back from the thoughts that had suddenly occupied her attention.

"What?"

Ben looked as puzzled as his wife had been, "What do you mean? Where does it leave us?"

She shrugged, "I'm not sure exactly. He suggested I start stripping at one of his friend's clubs or become an escort, it even sounded like he might pimp me out to his... his business associates."

"You mean like a... a prostitute?" Ben exclaimed incredulously.

"He preferred the term escort but yes, pretty much like a prostitute I guess." Came back her surprisingly calm response.

"What... but... I... I... you... you're not going to do it, are you?" He finally managed to utter a coherent sentence.

"I don't really have any other option, do I? Interest will accrue monthly on the amount of outstanding debt unless I do something, so the more I do the quicker it will get paid off." Samantha said with total resignation in her voice, "And if I don't do anything... well he'll come after you and then maybe me."

"Oh fuck, we're really in the shit, aren't we?" He said before he could stop himself.

Her eyes opened wide in total surprise at his words.

"You've finally fucking realised that have you?" Her response was heavy with sarcasm, "You really are the biggest dickhead in the fucking world, do you know that?"

Staring at his feet his answer was so soft she barely heard it, "Yes."

The conversation had given her an awful lot to think about and made her completely forget about the reason why she had been so angry with her husband in the first place. Deciding to halt the discussions at that point, although Ben wanted to continue, Sam knew she needed some time to consider everything that had happened.

"I think you should go Ben. I... I still have some feelings for you but I meant what I said... I don't love you and I can't do this anymore."

"But what if I promise....."

"For fuck's sake Ben. No more promises that only get broken. I couldn't stand that again."

Samantha knew she had to stay strong for her own sanity.

"Please Sam.... I love you. Can't we..."

She began to cry, tears trickling down her cheeks, "I'm sorry Ben.... if we try to stay together, I'll end up hating you."

He looked at her sadly, "I know... it's my fault. I'll.... I'll pack some stuff and..."

"Where will you go?"

Ben shrugged dejectedly, "I have a couple of mates I can bunk in with for a while, at least until I find somewhere more permanent."

Sam nodded, wiping her eyes, "Will you stay for dinner?"

"Sure." He smiled pitifully, "I still need to eat."

Leaving him to get himself sorted out and pack she busied herself in the kitchen preparing dinner and was still there when he eventually came in a couple of hours later.

"I've taken all the stuff I need for the moment. Can I come back for the rest sometime?" He enquired poking his head around the door, "Or am I forgiven?"

Sam put down the knife she was using to prepare the vegetables and walked across to her husband, slipping her arms about his neck.

"Maybe one day Ben but right now no, you're not."

Going up on tiptoe she kissed his cheek.

"So, where will you go?"

"I've talked to Mark and he said I can stay there for now."

"Ok, well dinner will just be a few minutes." She released him and went back to what she had been doing, "Let me finish up and then we can talk while we're eating."

He left her alone to complete their meal and then joined her at the table about twenty minutes later when dinner was ready.

"So, is there any way I can be involved in your life? I know you'll be doing whatever and sleeping with Rob." He asked her as soon as they had sat down.

She considered her response, "I'm not absolutely sure. Obviously, I want you to try to pay back whatever you can but aside from that I can't think of anything."

"You will be fucking him then?"

Sam shrugged coldly, "I might but I really don't know, Ben. It's my life now and, for the foreseeable future, you have no say in it."

"I'll pay in whatever I can to the joint account. It's the least I can do."

"Thanks." She didn't know what else she could say.

'Would Rob want to fuck her again?'

'If he did, would she sleep with him?'

'Why couldn't she get thoughts of Rob Howell out of her head?'

They continued to eat in silence, both wrapped up in their own thoughts of what the future might mean for them.

"Do you want a hand with the washing up?" Her husband asked when he eventually put down his knife and fork.

"No, I think it's best that you go. There's no sense in us dragging this out any longer."

His expression told her how wretched he felt, "Yeah, I suppose you're probably right."

Escorting him to the door she forced herself to suppress the urge to give in and tell him he could stay. She knew that if she capitulated now things would just go back to the way they were and he would never change.

"Goodbye Sam." He said unhappily, standing in the open doorway.

"Goodbye Ben."

With a final hug and a kiss on the cheek she stepped back allowing him to pick up his two bags.

"You'll let me know when you want to pick up more stuff?" Sam asked.

He looked at her hopelessly, "Of course. I wouldn't want to walk in on you and Rob shagging."

"Please Ben...."

"I'm sorry I.... It doesn't matter... goodbye Sam." He turned and walked away down the stairs leaving her to close the door behind him.

After clearing everything away Samantha spent the remainder of the evening nursing a glass or two of wine and alternating between crying for the mess her life was in and wondering what she was going to do in the coming week.

She was still on edge, half expecting a text or a call from Rob and when she didn't hear from him her relief was tinged with a feeling of tangible disappointment.

'Should she ring him and ask him to arrange an audition?'

'Could she go through with it and actually have sex for money?'

"What if Rob didn't want her again?'

'Did she want him?'

She felt she had no real alternative; she needed a job that would pay her well enough to start repaying her husband's debt. And, if she was absolutely honest, the thought of fucking Rob again was making her wet between her legs.

She eventually went to bed at half past eleven, without reaching any sort of decision, and spent a couple of hours staring despairingly at the ceiling before she fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~oOo~~~~~~~~~~

It was an extremely loud, continuous hammering on the front door that woke Sam a lot earlier than she wanted at just after eight o'clock the following morning.

"What the fuck!" She mumbled as she dragged herself, still half-asleep, out of bed and pulled on a long baggy t-shirt to cover her nakedness.

'Bang.... Bang.... Bang!'

The urgent thumping continued.

"Ok, ok.... I'm coming." Barely awake she stumbled out of the bedroom going straight to the flat's entrance, forgetting to put the security chain on in her confusion as she opened the door.

"Where's your bloody husband?"

The door was shoved open and she found herself confronted by Shaheer their landlord, standing glaring at her with two large thuggish looking men behind him.

"What... he's... he's not here... we..."

"Don't fucking lie to me bitch." He pushed roughly past her followed by his two accomplices, both of whom openly leered at her as they walked in behind him.

"Hey, you can't do this." Sam started to protest.

The angry little man rounded on her, waving a piece of paper, "Your three months overdue with your rent. I want you out by five o'clock."

"We... no... it's not possible... we can't be." She stood open-mouthed in total shock at his statement.

"It's all here." He shoved the paper into her hand and stomped off to look through the flat.

Completely stunned Samantha stood and read the document he had given her, no longer bothering to object to the landlord's intrusion. It clearly stated that no rent had been paid for three months and that Ben had agreed that all outstanding monies, plus interest, would be settled by today.

Hardly able to comprehend what was written in front of her she leant against the doorframe to stop herself falling to the floor.

'The bastard had spent the rent money to feed his habit.'

'What else had Ben done that she didn't know about?'

'Where was she going to go now, she was homeless?'

"So, how much do we owe you?" Trying hard not to break down and cry at this latest disaster Sam enquired.

"Three thousand two hundred and fifty. That's 3 months back rent plus fees and interest." He told her tersely, "And I want you gone by five o'clock today."

"Isn't there some way..." She let the sentence trail off as she realised that she had no money to pay him.

His leer made it obvious what he thought she was offering.

"Maybe? I could even arrange some business for you."

He stepped closer pushing his face into hers and pressing his hand against her breast, his fingers moulding around her tit.

"Wha... what?"

"You could always work off what you owe me." His chuckle sounded disgusting, "On your back."

For a moment she stood, dazed and bewildered, letting him grope her soft mound through the thin material of the t-shirt.

'Isn't this what she would be doing if she became a whore? Letting someone she loathed touch her.'

The thought immediately sprang into her mind as the vile little man felt up her girls.

"What.... no... no... I didn't mean that." Sam stammered suddenly realising what he was doing and shoved him away as she started to panic.

Shaheer, the landlord, laughed at her very obvious discomfort.

"Then get out... by five or we'll come and throw you onto the street."

Unable to speak she simply nodded and closed the door behind the three men when they left.