There is Always a Choice Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Do you have time for a coffee?" Sarah asked once they had finished, "I'm due a break."

"Oh... yeah sure. That would be nice." Slightly taken by surprise Sam mumbled a reply.

Sitting down in the hotel's café with their cappuccino's the pair continued to chat easily. Sam soon found out that her new instructor friend had only recently moved to the area and didn't really know anyone. In return, she gave Sarah a brief summary of her own situation; that she was separated from her husband and currently living with her new boyfriend.

As she said it Sam felt a strange tightening in her tummy.

'Boyfriend.'

It was the first time she had used the term when speaking to someone and it made her feel all warm and more than a little peculiar when she thought about it.

A while later they finished their drinks and said goodbye to each other, Sarah going back to work while Sam went off to do some shopping before heading home but not before they had agreed to meet again the next day.

Over the next four weeks or so the two girls quickly became good friends, meeting at the gym and, on occasion, also getting together outside of that to have coffee. Not having a partner or any friends in the area Sarah was keen to go out in the evening and suggested it several times but, apart from a couple of uneventful trips to the hotel's bar for a glass or two of wine, Sam politely declined.

Most of her time in the evenings was spent with Rob, and her love for him went from strength to strength. He treated her like a princess and her former worries about her husband's gambling problems were gone, much like him, and she felt totally content with life.

Her only concern was the outstanding debt that she owed her boyfriend.

Although Rob had told her not to worry about it, she couldn't quite forget about it completely.

'What if Rob got bored with her?'

'If he wanted it paid back, how would she find the money?'

'Could she become an escort if she had to?'

The nagging concerns stayed tucked away in the back of her mind, coming to the surface every so often just to remind her of her delicate situation.

In addition, she was also anxious about Ben and getting a divorce. She hadn't heard from him and, not wanting to contact him first, she wondered what he was up to and whether he would actually make any contribution to repaying his debt.

The days seemed to fly by for her and in just over a six weeks Sam had managed to dispel most of her fears. Things with Rob just got better with every day that passed and the longer they were together the more contented she felt. He hadn't spoken of the outstanding debt again and it was slowly starting to disappear from her thoughts.

Even though he hadn't mentioned the 'L' word to her she knew she was completely and totally in love with him. It was her one big overriding concern, knowing how he felt about her.

Heading down to the gym for her usual Thursday afternoon session she spent an hour working out and another forty minutes chatting away to her friend Sarah before going to shower.

Cleaned up and dressed she had just exited from the hotel's front door onto the main street when a voice stopped her.

"Samantha. Is that you?"

Turning around she was stunned to see her husband, Ben, standing a few feet away from her.

"Ben! What... what are you doing here?"

It was an automatic reaction for the pair of them to hug, Samantha leaning up to kiss her husband on the cheek.

He grinned cheerfully at her, "I had a meeting with someone. How about you?"

"I've just finished in the leisure centre."

"It shows. You look great."

"Thanks." She blushed.

"I don't suppose you've got time for a drink?" It was clear that he expected a rejection from the way he asked.

Samantha paused for a moment before answering, "I guess I could spare a few minutes and we do need to talk."

"Great." Ben smiled, clearly relieved, "Let's go to the bar here, if that's ok with you?"

She took his arm and they turned around to go in through the hotel's entrance. Both of them so preoccupied at seeing each other that neither of them noticed the figure standing across the street staring at them.

Settling themselves at a table in the virtually empty hotel bar Ben ordered her a white wine and a beer for himself.

"So, I hear you're living with Rob?"

She coloured at his statement, "I err... I... guess I am. I had nowhere to go after Shaheer evicted me because you hadn't paid the rent for three months."

A surge of anger filled her as she remembered how she had found out about that when the landlord had come banging on the door one Monday morning.

Ben looked sheepishly at the floor, "Yeah, sorry about that. I really should have told you."

"Yes, you should have. If it hadn't been for Rob, I don't know what I'd have done. He even got Shaheer to reduce what we owed him by 50%."

"He did?" Her husband said with an incredulous expression, "All I can say is I'm sorry."

Letting the feelings of rage pass she smiled, "What's done is done Ben. It... it doesn't matter now."

"So are you and Rob...." Her husband left the sentence unfinished, not sure exactly how he wanted to put it.

"Together?"

"Err.... yeah, together,"

Sam couldn't help but smile at the thought of her boyfriend, "Yes, yes we are."

He nodded, "Good, I'm glad for you Sam. I know now that we hadn't loved each other for a long time and it was probably only my problems that stopped either of us realising it."

Surprised by his insight she felt herself relax. He was right, they hadn't been a couple for a long time.

"Are you seeing anyone?"

"Well, there is this woman." Ben blushed, "We've been out a few times and things are going well."

"And the gambling? Are you still...."

He shook his head, "No, I haven't put a bet on in weeks and I've joined a support group which seems to be helping."

She reached across the table and squeezed his hand, "I'm pleased for you Ben."

For the next thirty minutes or so they sat and chatted amiably until, their drinks finished, they got up to leave.

"I... I want us to divorce." Samantha told her husband as they walked through the hotel's foyer, "Is that ok?"

"Yeah, I thought you might." He pursed his lips as he answered her.

"But are you ok with that?"

"Yeah. For a while I hoped we might get back together but then I started to become aware of just how far apart we had drifted." He smiled knowingly, "And now we both need to move on."

"Thanks." She leant in and kissed his cheek, "I had better go. I need to get dinner done."

"No problem." Ben hugged her one last time and turned to go before pausing, "Oh, by the way, I paid a thousand pounds into the joint account. To help towards... well you know."

Again, Sam was genuinely surprised, "Thank you Ben. Take care."

Watching him go she wondered what would have happened if he had got over his gambling habit while they were together.

'Would they have stayed a couple?'

'Perhaps they would never have had the debt to pay back?'

Putting the thoughts out of her mind she turned to head back home. It didn't matter anymore; she was with Rob now and she was happy.

Opening the front door she walked into the house, aware that Rob was already there.

"Hey hon I'm back."

There was no answer and she wandered out into the kitchen to find her boyfriend sitting at the counter, a glass of whiskey in his hand and a half empty bottle in front of him.

"Rob?" She moved towards him, an expression of curiosity on her face, "What's up babe?"

"You... your jus lie all ee others ain't yah. A slut."

"Rob... you're drunk."

He glared angrily at her, "So wha... wha da u care?"

"What's going on baby. Why are you behaving like this?"

Leering at her he slipped off the stool grabbing onto the counter for support.

"You... you was wiv im. I saw yah at the otel." Pushing his face into hers she could smell the whiskey on his breath.

"I saw Ben, yes. Is that what this is about?"

"You fuckin lil scrubber... I know wha yer up to. Well, I'm telling yer now I wan the money yer owe me."

"Stop it, Rob. Please... I...."

"Fuck off yer a slut an trine to rip me off wiv tha usband of yours."

Sam's eyes filled with tears as he insulted her, her mascara starting to smudge into black circles around them.

"Rob, stop it... please... I didn't do..."

"You can go fuckin hore yerself out an pay me bah."

With that final comment he picked up the bottle and stumbled away out of the kitchen leaving Sam to watch him as she sobbed uncontrollably behind him.

"Rob... nothing happened... we..." She called out to his disappearing form but he didn't look back.

Forcing herself up the stairs she stared at the closed door to Rob's bedroom before turning away and, miserably, going into the guest room he had allocated her when he had first brought her back to the house.

'Had he decided he didn't want her?'

'What had he thought was going on?'

'He obviously didn't love her.'

For the first time since she had arrived in his house, she slept alone, a mix of thoughts filling her head as she cried herself to sleep.

Sleeping in the following morning an unhappy Samantha emerged from her bedroom shortly after nine to find the house deathly quiet.

Hesitantly she opened his bedroom door only to find the room empty and his bed made, Rob clearly having left early to go wherever.

Feeling thoroughly miserable, she made her way downstairs to the kitchen to make her usual morning coffee only to find a brief note on the table.

+++++

Samantha,

As you are clearly back with your husband, I feel it only reasonable to ask for the repayment of your debt.

I'm sure he will contribute towards it but if you are struggling to find the money, I've left you Peter's card. The agency is always looking for new girls and I'm sure you won't have a problem whoring for the money.

After all you did it with me.

R

+++++

Reading it several times before crumpling the paper up in her hand she knew at that moment she had to get out. He obviously just wanted his money back and didn't care what she did to get it.

Sitting down with a mug of coffee she let the tears fall as she wondered what she was going to do. She had no money, nowhere to go and the man she was in love with wanted nothing more to do with her.

Finally making a decision she picked up her phone...