All Comments on 'There Is Love'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
reader1000reader1000over 1 year ago

Heartwarming. And sad for those of us who lived through those war years. Well-written. Good character development. No surprises but nice to read.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Wonderful story!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Heart breaking and beautiful, enpugh said other than the boy wtote well,!!!

jlg07jlg07over 1 year ago

Beautiful beautiful story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wonderful story: five-stars - with a minor niggle. The MC is playing "There Is Love" in 1965/6, but Noel Stookey didn't write The Wedding Song until 1969, and it didn't become wildly popular until about 1971. (When you're old enough to remember first-hand....)

A_BierceA_Bierceover 1 year ago

Marvelous story. You were gone too long, Ronde.

Test56Test56over 1 year ago

Love it!

Nice character depth, feels very genuine if that makes any sense. A long time span yet short and sweet, impressive that you managed to get such a nice balance and depth in a relatively light story. The theme with music was very nice.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 1 year ago

Very sweet story that reminds me of the period with the music and the war (I was young), the music industry, and of many of the locations mentioned in the story. The telling of the story itself felt like one of those old folk songs, taking the reader to some seemingly mystical setting with bittersweet memories and tangled emotions. I was glad in this case that there was more resolution than in many of those songs, leaving me happy for them and their closure after so many years. Great job, 5*.

fixer43fixer43over 1 year ago

Had that song at our wedding early '80s

teedeedubteedeedubabout 1 year ago

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Whoa! Tear jerker of the first order!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...