All Comments on 'There Is No Knight in Shining Armor'

by Daddysgirlfl

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
OvercriticalOvercritical11 months ago

A piece of bona fide silliness. Small town girl is jilted by high school sweetheart, goes to the big city, returns for mothers will, reconnects with old buddy, arranges remote job with company and then decides to settle with old buddy. All in a few days. What nonsense. This describes very shallow people who don't know what to do with themselves. I overrated this at a 3* because I can be a sucker for a happy ending. Even if the MCs are dorks.

KinPAKinPA11 months ago

Overall, a cute little romance that has a happy ending. However, it was difficult to read as it jumped around with no breakpoints and even had two people talking in the same paragraph without any mention of who was talking. It could have used another edit and proof read from someone new.

DrizdartDrizdart11 months ago

A fun romp, with a twist in the romance of a woman finding a way to come home. Another delightful short story to entertain and provide a bit of titillation.

The "Rex" element of the story is a bit too pat for my taste ....

uk_writer_53uk_writer_5311 months ago

I accept errors we all make them but not with names; Rex married Janice, then he goes to see Eydie and you say he Chandra pregnant, then in the next sentence its back to Janice. As another commenter said, it needed another edit and a proof read. Other than that it was a decent enough story,

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4u11 months ago

Very enjoyable read. She left because she was hurt badly but it would seem at heart she was still a small town girl, needing a way home. Caught the slip up on the name too, but these things happen, even when established published authors have a whole slew of editors backing them.

Cheers, Andy

DaddysgirlflDaddysgirlfl11 months agoAuthor

Yes, you're right. They slipped past both myself and editor. I'll reupload w/the changes.

des911des91111 months ago

Nice story, well told. Thank you

Fireguy1956Fireguy195611 months ago

Nice little story. Well worth the read!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

So slow it moved in reverse. I liked the characters, but hated the pace

muskyboymuskyboy11 months ago

Very nice, but you need to keep the names straight. Also, Eydie had no thoughts, warm or otherwise, about Grady until she actually saw him. She dreaded seeing anyone she knew, presumably including Grady, making the romance seem pretty implausible. If you had included some affectionate thoughts of Grady prior to actually seeing him it would have been a better story.

HottieOlwenHottieOlwen11 months ago

A perfect example of not needing to write wall-to-wall porn to produce a very erotic story. I loved the slow burn; the 'will they?/won't they?' aspect to your storyline. It deserves (and gets) 5 stars from me.

NellskitchenNellskitchen11 months ago

I enjoyed your story very much...you "see" everything and the intimacy rates highly. NK

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Promising storyline. Thinking that gifting someone kittens was a good idea blew it.

Con6969Con696911 months ago

Wonderfully done thanks for the hard work

A_BierceA_Bierce11 months ago

Very good story, very nicely told. I hope you're confident enough in your writing that you can overlook gratuitous comments by the likes of overcritical. I hope my five stars help make up his self-serving downgrade.

oldsage_1oldsage_111 months ago

Nice lite Happy Ever After romance. Would love a chapter 2 if you want to share more of this couple with us. So many threads, so many arcs left unexplored.

Cheers

SAGE

rnebularrnebular11 months ago

Overall nice heartwarming tale. Could use a bit of an edit as there were a few times I had to mentally correct as I read, but nothing terribly distracting. Easy 5 and thanks for sharing.

Cali_LoveCali_Love11 months ago

I only read in the Romance category, so didn't recognize the author. Glad I gave Daddysgirl a try. This checked all the boxes for me, a happy ending and closure, but mostly for an enjoyable read. The intimate moments were perfect and not overdone, realistic and just right for the category. I didn't mind the name hiccup, it happens, I did it in two of my published stories in a row, I can't keep my children's names straight so que sera sera. Even DreamCloud got mixed up in some of his epic classics. What I would like to commend you on is the way you set the scenes up. Very well done, you make it so easy to see it, really see it, and make me feel like I'm there. The non-writers on this site have no clue just how difficult that is. Overexplaining is just as frustrating to read as underwhelming, or leaving out color, you pulled it off beautifully. I'm going to try to take what I learned from you in that to my own tales. Thank you for your efforts and most of all, for sharing. 5*

olddave51olddave5111 months ago

Would be nice to see a part 2

I liked it

Remember it is fiction, it is your story it goes the way you want it to go. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Please write a second chapter.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

1) Well done Romance! A very good read. Highly recommended.

2) Good set up with interesting likeable characters for a sequel or two.

The Hoary Cleric

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDaddysgirlfl@Daddysgirlfl
Life happened and I will be back to writing soon. In the meantime I just read something I'd like to share. xo A MESSAGE FOR MEN... I get a lot of random messages on here from strange men asking what turns me on. So, I thought I might just put it out there because I think I sp...

SIMILAR Stories