All Comments on 'There Must Be a Mistake Ch. 04'

by Prolonged_Debut10

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
connoisseur29connoisseur29almost 10 years ago
*****+

I've been reading this for 2 days and it keeps getting better. Hilarious, sad, emotional, the whole shebang. I love it! Kudos to you PD10! Now onto #6. Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I've been reading this for two hours . . .

And it keeps getting worse. Different strokes.

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
*****

Just finished #4 and still find this an excellent, if sad at this point, story. Toxamieca! (Not how it's spelled but, "thanks much" in Swedish) Cheers!

tomscardstomscardsover 9 years ago
really?

i am wondering why anonymous spent two hours reading something they did not like.

if don't like a story, i go to another one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I just can't read this anymore

Bad spelling and grammar, incoherent, terrible narration and even worse dialogue. I kept hoping the story would go somewhere but it never has. And none of what these people say to each other is funny or endearing; the girl is mean and arrogant. Interesting premise - which is why I stuck with it this far - but this really isn't worth it.

husker506husker506over 9 years ago
Incredible writing

I'm a 60 man and started reading this novel this morning, and can't stop reading. I like your writing skills and amazed at your acknowledgment of special science details, and your ability to keep the humor and sad parts distinctive. Please keep writing and let us know when you are published. Thanks

Rapier875Rapier875over 9 years ago
I just can't put this down !

Great story, great plot, great characters, great author.

Regardless of those that don't like this story, I'm enjoying every word.

On to chapter 5..............

OldfatanduglyOldfatanduglyover 9 years ago
Better proofreading needed

So far, I've refrained from joining the several other commenters who have lamented the numerous word errors in this story, but this installment contains a factual error too egregious to let pass. The phrase "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" does NOT appear in the Constitution, but rather in the Declaration of Independence. I realize that this is a common misconception, so I probably could have overlooked it, except that the author, on his biography page, claims to hold a master's degree in history! I won't accept the argument that the author knew better, but was speaking in the voice of the character, because the character (Even) is the sort of person who is absolutely precise in everything he says and does. I can't believe he would ever make such an error.

Please understand, my intent is not to criticize the story. Quite the opposite, actually. It is holding my interest, and unlike some other commenters, I enjoy the banter between the characters, although I agree that the dialogue is occasionally a bit stilted. I just think it deserves better proofreading and editing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Fact Check

Life, Liberty & the Pursuit of Happiness is found in the Declaration of Independence and not the US Constitution as you stated. Because mule do not go uphill well they get airlifted out of the Grand Canyon from time to time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Well I am writing again after two more chapters and you are still holding this romp together. Congratulations, you are making an old man happy.

calgarycamperscalgarycampersabout 9 years ago
Day 2

And I can't stop reading this great work.

Damn, I am going to get fired.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
My response Verbatim

WHAT. WHAT! WHAT?! WHAT! WHAT!...WHAT. WHAT.WHAT...WHAT.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
One return prank...seriously

One prank and Roz calls a truce .....seriously!!!!......Rod is portrayed to be this nice calm collected guy and he has to be nice when he was getting baited and his wife thinks one return prank made it even.......who does Roz think she married ..... Delicious ? Poor Rod

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Fact Check

Almost everything you said about Alaska and it's cities was worng. Other wise the story is good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Hrm...

So it's not terrible, but I have to ask... The whole story is premised on him having this incredibly deep love for his sister. And then in a 4 hour plane ride he feels about a total stranger more deeply than for any woman ever in his life?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Read 1-4 Looking forward to seeing this writer on the Amazon best seller list.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

All I can say is I have gotten this far (end of part 4) in a single sitting and you screwed up my entire schedule... But who needs sleep anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Thanks

Your note at the end of this chapter stating that there won’t be an incestuous relationship gave me the reassurance that I needed in order to read the entire story, as it’s in my list of hard limits.

Tess (UK)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The banter is fun at times, but the hitting, slapping, punching, and kicking aren't funny. Some find the Three Stooges funny, and as a juvenile, they were amusing; but later I learned they didn't use any tricks or sleight of hand, they actually hurt each other, and sometimes badly. Curly suffered migraines and died rather young from his years of being hit by Mo. This is fiction, but the point is -- hitting hurts.

Yes, there are plenty of errors, but the story is so over the top, it's amusing. The physical violence between people who supposedly care about each other cost a point, 4 *

Ravey19Ravey19about 1 year ago

Still going strong.

JipsyJipsy6 months ago

I don't care if you end every chapter with 'the end' because to me it just means the end of this part. If it was a paper book I'd wonder about it.

I'm staying up late to read your story because I like it so very much

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

"Would you like to drink your soda, or wear it?" = brilliant! Keep them coming, I really like sarcasm.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userProlonged_Debut10@Prolonged_Debut10
B.S. Professional Studies M.A. History I Love Books with great content, and words in general. Language is my love. I write for my enjoyment. I write non-erotic pieces, and add some titilating scenes in every so often, to pick up your heart rate. If you are looking for smut, l...

SIMILAR Stories