All Comments on 'There Must Be A Mistake Ch. 22'

by Prolonged_Debut10

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
"...and little children will lead them."

At least that is the way I believe the quotation goes. In 'MISTAKE' it surely seems the children are taking a giant part of this story on their shoulders and making it move faster and more fun reading. I love this story. Please don't stop. There is a big Universe out there to explore, and as you put it, Einstein said, "Time will slow down for you to see it all."

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Houston Food

chuy's for Tex-Mex

Pappas Seafood for fish, other Pappas owned places for other foods.

Thanks for the stories. They have helped distract me from a chronic pain situation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Many Thanks for your stories.

Loved it and was taken for a ride that was great and then the abrupt halt at the end. All of us should be waiting with bated breath to see what the next instalment comes. Hope you get well soon.

Jim Kervin, Callahan, Fla.

Sid0604Sid0604over 9 years ago
Another great chapter...

Thank you for another great chapter. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and look forward to more.

cliuincliuinover 9 years ago
Thank you

Your story is the best medicine for me .

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Welcome Back!

I don't know much about Houston--drove through it a few times on my way to Arkansas.

I'm glad you're doing better. I was surprised to see another chapter posted this soon and was happy to read it in it's entirety at one long sitting. I hope Margaret makes it--Dan deserves the torment she will surely give him. I understand where he is coming from, though--my wife and I met while both of us were in the military and I assure you that it is not easy when one of you is constantly away. But we always seemed to make it work and are enjoying each other's company immensely now that both of us are retired and enjoying our well-deserved pensions. We still have our little spats every now and again but that is what keeps a marriage interesting.

I think the scenes with Gordon and Richard were priceless. That is some family. And now that you have added the bit about the White Hole I am looking forward to what happens in the future once the ship is underway and on it's voyage to the stars. It's been a long time getting there, yet I know that there is still much more story to tell before that. I'm in agony!

Make sure you continue to listen to your doctors and nurses. We readers want you around for awhile yet--very selfish of us, isn't it? Rest and get well, my friend.

Roger.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 9 years ago
nice chapter...

can't wait to read how Margaret survives and finally gets her "general".

I also hope that the autor's health keeps improving....

chaser73065chaser73065over 9 years ago
Awesome

This is a great story I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes I wish you the best of luck I've been to that building in Houston had a friend there if your going do it soon Texas gets hot during the summer

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 9 years ago
an unexpectedly quick - and welcome - surprise

PD_10:

First, I hope you are either feeling a bit better, or at least feeling a bit more optimistic about your future path to recovery from what has ailed you.

Second, Yes! This chapter was back up to your standard level of excellence. I laughed several times at the marvelous banter and interplay between your characters and their situations. It's nice to see you back to your true form, but please get/stay well as a first priority. We want to keep you around so we can see this venture through to a proper conclusion (now that you have us so addicted to your tale)!

Third: I wonder if you're open to some plot suggestions, because I have an angle you may not have considered as yet in mind...and the timeline is about right to incorporate some threads of this angle...think of Carl Sagan's Contact, and the faith / religious / moral questions surrounding a first contact outreach from us to others...and you may begin to catch my drift.

DRGRIFFINDRGRIFFINover 9 years ago
Glad you are back!!!

I am very glad that you are getting better and hope that you can continue to keep us entertained with this incredible tale. I have fully enjoyed this story from the beginning and will stay with it as long as you continue to write it.

Please take care of yourself and although I will sit in the corner whimpering and sucking my thumb, should you need to take a break from writing, I will look forward to seeing more in the future.

Take care,

Dan

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
amazing

it was a real surprise to see a chapter this soon with you ill. having been a 4th generation texan I wish you you well and welcome. i pray we will be able to help you. john

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

i am hoping that you are doing better and that you write another chapter to where margaret does survive and they get married

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Pure evil

That was pure evil leaving this as a cliffhanger this way. I look forward to the next installment.

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
"To Infinity! And, Beyond!"

P_D, please, I am almost serious, urging you to consult with a Psychic Medium.

{"The scientists moved Hubble to look at the Black Hole, because they believe the Sagittarius 'A' Star is going to collapse, within the next 10 light years or less. When it does, the explosion is going to be so massive, it will double the size of the Supergiant or more. They want to watch it happen."

"I wouldn't want to be anywhere in that quadrant when the shockwave hits. It will destroy everything in its path, including planets."}

P-D, my sincerest apologies but I cannot even begin o describe the scientific errors in those two paragraphs.

That is why I am suggesting you consult with a Psychic Medium and have them put you in contact with Gabrielle Émilie Le Tonnelier de Breteuil, marquise du Châtelet, as your new Spirit Guide.

She corrected Sir Isaac Newton's mathematical errors and translated his bad Latin into French to make his theories understandable to humanity.

Perhaps she could assist you with editing the scientific details of your story?

Yes, yes, I am an ultracrepedarian asshole! P_D, My apologies if I offend you. In no way am I criticizing your writing style or this fabulist storyline of fulsomely funny characters you have imagineered here.

OldHippieDadOldHippieDadover 9 years ago
Another riveting chapter!

Please get well soon. After a second read of all your stories I think I have finally been able to remember all of the interrelationships. I am really looking forward to the rest of the story.

Again, be well as soon as you can.

Bill

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
So happy to have you back

I'm praying that your health issue is soon resolved.

Story wise- I don't know how you can keep all these characters in play and relevant and riveting all at the same time. I don't know about the physics but I love the story, the characters and the bantering between the players. Keep well till the next chapter.

katgoddess1katgoddess1over 9 years ago
Of course she coded!

The poor woman's heart stopped from shock lol!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Stay healthy or better yet get healthy, great work!

hoping your health is on the road to mending quickly. take care of yourself above all else!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Pythagorean theorem states that a2+b2=c2. It's used for finding the length of the long side of a triangle. Not circumference of an object.

bigdnc13bigdnc13over 9 years ago
Math Majors We Are Not...LOL!!!

The formula he gave was not for the circumference of a circle. It was for the area of a circle. Pythagorean theory only works for a right triangle; a triangle where two of the sides are 90 degrees to each other. These two sides are a and b in the formula a**2 + b**2 = c**2. In reality, though, pies aren't squared, they're round...sorry couldn't help myself.

GLenbar85543GLenbar85543over 9 years ago
Great

Great writing love the story line. Cant wait for next Chapter. Hope all is well and you beat this illness no matter what it is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Copied and pasted: and nearly 10 inches wide.

Time to cut your losses.

This is an exceptional story, rating all fives, and hopefully there will be more chapters soon, but your health comes first and I wish you the best with it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Just a question

I hope you have considered that light-years means that we are looking at the past when looking at the galaxy. If they travel faster than the speed of light, they will come out at a different place then they aimed. Stars and clusters move. I am really enjoying your story. Get better and take care.

drkhonestydrkhonestyover 9 years ago
Your health is most important.

Your stories are addicting and I'm shocked to see you writing another chapter so soon. This connective universe that you have created has a wonderful myriad of characters and potential scenarios. They give me insight and inspiration for my own writing. Diabolical is your mind, great is your storytelling skill and hooked is this fan !

tomscardstomscardsover 9 years ago
your health and the story must go on.

was so glad to see a new posting. i was afraid it would be a lot longer time watching paint dry before we would get a new one.

it is certainly another 5 star entry. maybe if you mention even's name they will give you "special" treatment, lol. your health is one thing that you cannot rewrite, so take care, and we will impatiently await your next posting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Best wishes

i love this story series

it's Surreal

it's Sublime

it's a psychedelic kaleidoscope of imagination run riot.

xxxhugsxxx

godbless & be well ,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Good job on this one !!!

I ussually skip all the non-Luck characters because i found them boring. I think you did a super job finaly fleshing them into believable characters. The conversations is more than violent threats of death.

An editor once told me that when you starting real science into SciFi make it accurate or at least believable. You made the White Hole believable. Not sure if you ever explained where the over the intelligence is coming from. Looking forward to you continuing. I know that after surgery particularly serious ones that the mind is sharp while to body recoops. I see you donot disapoint. Some of my best published work was after heart valve work.

Keep the pen on the paper. I J F

South_TexasSouth_Texasalmost 9 years ago
Temple to Lubbock via Perth, Australia

Kepler 62e is about 1,200 l.y. from Earth.

Sgr A* is about 26,000 l.y.

Perhaps Antarctica is the "White Hole" in this analogy?

Also, Hipparchus is credited with the oldest existing published Trigonometry tables, 2nd century BCE.

You could do well with an editor. This chapter fails.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
You did it to me again!

You made me cry again! How do you do that?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Too good

I am loving this story. Thank you for sharing your gift. Be well.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userProlonged_Debut10@Prolonged_Debut10
B.S. Professional Studies M.A. History I Love Books with great content, and words in general. Language is my love. I write for my enjoyment. I write non-erotic pieces, and add some titilating scenes in every so often, to pick up your heart rate. If you are looking for smut, l...