Thin Resolve Ch. 02

Story Info
As Lane's resolve crumbles, Brian tells the truth.
5k words
4.69
4.6k
9

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 03/29/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Brian

On the list of stupid stuff I've done while horny, "Letting my nanny blow me in the laundry room while my kids are home and then revealing I am in fact married as my wife looks on" sits extremely high.

Lane, Janice and I all stand in a triangle as they both absorb the information I've given them. Janice is my wife. Lane is just the nanny.

I haven't known the enticing Lane very long but I think I had a pretty good grasp on his personality to realize he wouldn't handle this situation well. I didn't think he would faint however.

As Lane hits the floor, passing out immediately, I ran to catch him and ended up sprawled on the floor with his head cradled in my lap.

The children cried out and gasped but surprisingly Janice goes to comfort them. In all the years we were married, her involvement with our children was bare bones at best. The fact that she's here now, acting like a doting mother makes me extremely suspicious.

Pulling my attention from Janice, I notice that Lane is coming to in my lap.

"Brian?" His speech comes out mumbled and slurred. "What happened? Why are we on the floor?"

What do I even say? "You passed out because I let you believe I was widowed before seducing you into sucking me off in a laundry room after which you met my actually not dead wife?"

Yeah, that'd go over well.

It was then that I saw the glittering metal bracelet wrapped around Lane's wrist.

"Lane, are you a diabetic?" I asked him while he remained in my lap.

Slowly he pulled himself away from me to sit up against me on the floor and responded, "Yes, I'm a Type 1 diabetic. I guess my sugar got too low and that's what caused me to pass out. I'm so sorry."

I've never felt like more of a scumbag. This was all my fault. He passed out because he didn't finish his dinner. He didn't finish his dinner because I pulled him into the laundry room. Then the shock of Janice and the fact that he didn't eat caused him to pass out. And now he was apologizing for it. On top of the award for "Worst Boss" I was winning tonight, I was also winning, "Biggest Douche Bag Ever."

Hearing all the commotion, James came out of the servant's quarters and took in the scene. I watched as his face turned from rage at the sight of Janice to the sight of compassion and curiosity when he caught my body supporting Lane on the floor.

"Here," James said while motioning towards Lane, "let's get you settled back down at the dining table while I have Hattie, our cook, heat your meal up. Do you need your medical bag?"

Lane looked up at James in confusion. I was also wondering myself how James knew he even had a medical bag.

James looked sheepishly at Lane and said, "I took the liberty of unpacking your car. I happened to see your bag with the medical card on it. I didn't mean to impose, I was merely trying to offer a helping hand."

Lane looked like he could cry. I was used to James going above and beyond for me but it's possible Lane didn't have anyone in his life like that. I didn't even bother to ask more about his family before I shoved my cock down his throat. Scoffing at my disgusting behavior, I got to my feet and helped James guide a weak Lane into the dining room. After I got him settled, I would return to check on the children and figure out what the hell Janice was doing here.

Lane

The shock at discovering Brian had a wife is replaced by the embarrassment of passing out in front of him. I can't believe I let my sugar get so low that I passed out. That hasn't happened to me in a very long time.

Suddenly, very short, older woman in a red apron adorned with birds came bustling into the room. She swept up my discarded plate into her hands and said very loud and quickly with no introduction, "This has been sitting for far too long. How about I make you a sandwich with some fruit? My sweetie Daryl is a diabetic and that's his go to food when his sugar is low."

Without another word, the woman swept from the room and returned to the kitchen.

James chuckled from his position beside the chair I was resting in. He had just returned from getting my medical bag from wherever he put my stuff when he unpacked my car. I still can't believe he did that for me. Never in my life had someone done something so nice for me without wanting anything in return. Even my own parents weren't that kind. Pulling myself out of thoughts I didn't care to dwell on at the moment, I looked at the still chuckling James.

"That old Hattie is the pushiest woman I've ever met but she takes care of everyone like their her own." James's smiled waned as he consider his next words. "She's one of your greatest allies in the household. Especially considering Janice is back."

With that, James angled a pointed look at Brian and left the room to return to the servants quarters. I was left to puzzle his words as I turned to Brian, ready to ask him what was going on with Janice and why he lied to me. Brian hadn't moved from his position behind my chair since he helped James lower me down a few minutes ago. His stare remained vacant as he studied the floor, a pained look on his face.

I was about to speak when the click-clack of heels broke his attention from the floor as he quickly looked at me and then to the doorway of the dining room. Janice appeared momentarily and their gazes caught, a silent, tense battle of will's to see who would speak first.

Finally Brian sighed and cast me a wary look. Starting in a bored tone, Brian said,

"Lane, I'm sorry to leave you but I must attend to matters in the other room for a minute. Please finish your dinner and then you are excused for the evening. James placed your things in the south wing, the second door on the right. That is your room for the foreseeable future. In the morning we will discuss the rest of your nanny duties."

The cold and casual way Brian dismissed me to speak with his wife almost broke me. A pain caught in my chest and it took everything in me not to tear up. It's not like I was in love with Brain but I've always been the type to get overly attached to men I've been physical with. I haven't even had anal sex with anybody for fear I would give my virginity to someone just for them to break my heart. I talk a big game about wanting to fuck hot guys but I haven't been able to in fear that I would just get hurt. I was an idiot for hooking up with Brian because now I'm in an even worse position to get hurt, especially since he's also my boss. I even tried to resolve myself not to get into this exact situation but my horniness for him got in the way.

I quickly ate and then followed Brian's instructions to my room. The children had passed me a little earlier on their way up so I knew Brian was still discussing things with Janice. Before I could make my way up the stairs, I heard raised voices and then Janice burst out of the kitchen, flying towards the front door. Seeing me about to ascend the stairs, she quickly turned and snarled,

"You better watch your back, slut. You aren't the first help my husband has fucked. The last one didn't last very long before I took care of him, too. Don't get too comfortable tending to my children. I'll be back."

With that, she flung open the front door and slammed it in her way out.

I stood in shock for several long minutes while I digested her words. What did she mean by that? Did Brian have a habit of sleeping with his employees? Was I just a game to him? I was even more perplexed by what she insinuated happened to the last one. Was I in danger?

That thought took me back to what James said early about needing allies now that Janice was back.

What in the world did I get myself into by taking this position?

I decided that I couldn't stand by the stairs any longer mulling this over and hurried to my room. Entering, I noticed that James had placed my belongings neatly along the wall. The room itself was extremely fancy. A king size bed dominated the space, with green and gold colors that accented the taupe walls. It was by far the fanciest room I had ever slept in. Before I allowed myself to lay down so I could finally process the last whirlwind of an hour, I checked my sugar and gave myself a dose of insulin. I would have to be extremely careful to monitor my sugars from now on. If I was to be in such a stressful and potentially dangerous environment, I could find myself having more episodes like the one before.

Finally ready to turn in and to forget this crazy night, I was about to change clothes when I heard a knock on the door.

Brian

I didn't want to leave Lane after he still looked shaky from his fall, but leaving Janice to her own devices could do more damage than anything. I also needed to check on the children and tell them goodnight.

Janice was watching me very closely so I tried to keep my transaction in front of her as terse as possible. It would only be more trouble for Lane if she suspected anything was going on between us. I hated to be so cold to him and then walk away with Janice but my hands were tied. Together we walked into the kitchen.

My kids were thankfully calm and enjoying a snack before going to bed.

"Hey guys, how was the movie?" I greet them before grabbing a chair.

Jenna responds first, not that I'm surprised. Luke isn't a big talker so he usually alliws Jenna to answer for both of them.

"It was awesome, Dad! Mrs. Leary let us get milkshakes and the movie was so awesome! And the trailers before were awesome and it was just awesome!"

I stifled a giggle at Jenna. "Awesome" has been her word for about three weeks now and even though there were possibly infinite words in the dictionary for her to use, "awesome" was all she could muster.

"That's awesome, Jenna. I'm glad you to had fun. How are you doing, Luke?"

Luke looked at me for a moment with concern etched in his face and then said, "Is Lane going to be okay?"

My heart stuttered as > looked at my sons sobered face. I could tell both of my children already cared about Lane even though they only met him for a brief moment.

"Of course, Luke. Lane is going to be just find. He has something called diabetes that can cause him troubles if he doesn't eat right but most of the time he's perfectly fine. In fact, tomorrow he's going to start his first official day as your nanny while I'm at work."

Janice had been quiet up until this moment.

She not so quietly coughed and then said, "Um, Brian, don't you think having Lane here is useless now? I can look after my own children."

Janice had the audacity to look me in the eye and pretend she could actually care for our children by herself. Or that I would even give her an opportunity to be alone with them. I had to get the children off to bed quickly before they heard me go off on her.

"Kids, how about you go get ready for bed and I'll be along to tuck you in, in a minute." It took all my composure to speak calmly to my kids. My seething rage at Janice continued to grow as they left the room and headed for the stairs. I waited until I heard their rooms in the north wing before rounding on Janice.

"Janice, you've got a lot of fucking explaining to do before I throw your ass out and have you arrested for violation of our custody agreement."

Janice smiled and took a seat, seemingly unbothered by my threat. Her demeanor drove up my suspicions immensely at this point. She was acting like she had all the cards, and I had none.

"That custody agreement was granted to you in a special circumstance. It was to last the length of my stint at Scarlet Pines and as you can see, I'm no longer at Scarlet Pines. We have no current custody agreement and therefore I'm allowed to take my children anywhere since we're still technically married." Janice finished with a triumphant grin.

I knew there was a reason to be suspicious of her. I can't believe I didn't notice she was being released from Rehab early! The court ordered her a mandatory six month stay at Scarlet Pines but she must of bribed someone to let her out a month early.

"I don't care if we have no current agreement Janice. If you try to take the children anywhere without my permission, no judge on this Earth will let you slide with your history. I want you out of this house and away from my children."

Janice knew I was right. She could take the kids if that's what she really wanted but I could tell in her eyes that wasn't her game plan here. The bitch was extremely smart though and she wasn't willing to give up her motives to me yet. Instead, she changed her course of attack.

"I don't know why you're so worried about the children. It looked like you had your hands full with the nanny. Haven't you learned not to fuck the help, Brian?"

My body stiffened as she turned her threats toward Lane. He was innocent in all this. Just like Hayden had been. Just the thought of him encouraged me to keep fighting against her.

"Janice, I won't ask you again. You need to leave. Expect a call from my lawyers about a new custody agreement. I don't know what you really want but you'll never hurt my kids or Lane. So get the fuck out."

At that moment, James entered the room with the landline in hand.

"Sir, the police are waiting for your direction. Should I give them the green light to come get this bitch?"

Through all the tension, I broke a smile at James. I knew he was bluffing but the bitch in question didn't.

"Oh alright," she yelled. "I'm leaving, but this is far from over. I'm getting my kids back, one way or another." With that, Janice slammed the door and we heard her car rev as she pulled out of the driveway.

With my thoughts whirling and my adrenaline waning, I planned to call my lawyer first thing in the morning and get an emergency custody agreement.

James pulled me out of my thoughts by laying a hand on my shoulder and announcing,

"What she said, you aren't at any fault, Sir. People like her will always try to find guilt in other people to justify their own actions. But don't let her get to you. None of us here want that, and neither would Hayden."

I really didn't deserve James. He had been my butler for several years but he's also been my friend. He could have been furious over what happened with Hayden, but only ever supported me.

Sending him a grateful smile, I said, "Thank you for those kind words, James. I don't know what I or the kids would do without you."

He bowed his head and returned my gratitude. With that, he left me to return to the servants quarters.

My next step was to visit the children and tuck them in. After I did that and reassured them everything would be fine, I stood outside of their rooms debating my next move. The safe choice would be to go to my room and leave a message for my lawyer. However, what I really wanted to do was visit Lane and make sure he was okay as he could be after tonight's drama. Janice's taunts about Hayden shook me and I realized Lane would need an explanation for everything. I couldn't deny that I also needed comfort from Lane, in any capacity he would find acceptable.

With my resolve made, I made my way to his door and knocked.

Lane

I opened the door to find Brian waiting on the other side.

"Can we talk?" He murmured quietly. His face was gaunt with worry and concern. Tonight must have been as much a strain on him as it had on me. Without a word, I allowed him to come inside.

Even though I was still angry and confused at him for misleading me about his wife, on top of all the other secrets he was keeping, I took his hand and lead him to my bed.

I wasn't going to have sex with him but I was ready to get an explanation for the craziness and I figured we should be comfortable for that.

I pull his hand and lead his body over to the bed where I climb in first, pulling him alongside me. We face each other, curled into an embrace with my head resting against his warm, thick chest. I breathe in his scent as his warm body pulls me into serenity. I didn't realize how truly tired I was until I finally laid down with Brian. If I was going to sleep however, I would need answers.

I looked at Brian and I think he could tell by my face what was coming. He steeled himself and gave a small nod.

"Why did you imply Janice was dead when I asked earlier?"

Brian closed his eyes for a moment, perhaps collecting what words he wanted to say. Then he began to speak.

"First of all, I'm sorry I deceived you. My history with Janice is a very rough and brutal tale. I let you believe she was dead because I wasn't ready to answer why she was around and I thought I had longer to figure out what I wanted to tell you."

"Did you figure out what you wanted to tell me?

Brian sighed and took a deep breath.

"My marriage to Janice has never been about love. I married her to keep a promise to a man I respected very much. I never loved her. I've never even been intimate with her." It was here Brian took a deep breath and continued on at my nod of encouragement. I had so many questions already but I fought hard to keep the curiosity off of my face.

"When I was just starting out after college, I had a large nest egg to start my own company but no investors who believed in my ideas. That's when I met Janice's father, Tennyson. Tennyson was a very good man, even if he was stuck in his ways. He believed in me when no one else did. We became partners and I worked alongside him for a few years when he came to me with a problem. His daughter Janice had always been a really hard partier and ended up pregnant during one of her drug binges. He asked me to marry her and keep her in line for just a few years. Then I could divorce her and we could go our separate ways. I didn't like the idea of marrying her because Janice was a piece of work, even back then, and I was completely gay. I knew I would have to hide who I was if I were to marry her. I also didn't want Tennyson to give his daughter to me. It should have been her choice whether we got married or not. In the end, my hand was forced when Tennyson got sick. He asked me on his deathbed to take care of her and his granddaughter and I couldn't refuse. Janice had no else as her mother had died when she was a child. When Tennyson died right before Jenna was born, Janice and I got married and we lived the first few years of our lives fighting her drug addiction and raising Jenna. She got clean for a while and our life was okay. Because she had no one, I continued to stay married to her longer than I should have. I wasn't happy with her but raising Jenna as my own made all the stress she put me through worth it. She continued to have affairs during our marriage and eventually Luke was conceived. When he was born, I loved him just as much as Jenna and again raised him as my own. Things were okay when Janice wasn't using. But then I hired Hayden."

Here, Brian took a ragged breathe and seemed to steal himself for the rest. I could tell this is where the story was about to turn ugly. I thread his hand through mine, trying to rely as much strength and sympathy as I could. Brian squeezed my hand before giving me a small smile. Then he continued.

"Hayden was an assistant chef to Hattie. He's also James's nephew. He came to work for us about a year ago between his semesters at college. It was truly lust at first sight. I hadn't had many liaisons with men during my marriage to Janice, but I just couldn't stop with Hayden."

"We met in secret for about 6 months until Janice started to catch on. She was extremely jealous from the start and we got into several fights about my relationship with him. We never had an agreement that either of us couldn't stray during our marriage but my thing with Hayden was too deep for her to allow. She started using again and one night, she went on a bender and drove her car through the guest house bedroom. That was Hayden's room."

12