All Comments on 'Things Happen For A Reason Ch. 01'

by chezshirecat

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
Nightowl22Nightowl22over 19 years ago
Now this is interesting!

I have always loved a mystery and this has the beginning of a very good one.

I hope I don't grow senile waiting for subsequent chapters, though. I'm anxious, at this point, to know who Jack is, for instance. Is he really her husband? And what is it that is just for a short period of time? Is Luke really her husband and is he really Luke? And if he is her husband why are all of the clothes new?? He SURELY had some around that fit. Why on earth does he remember construction type work but nothing about law?

Very Interesting!! Keep the chapters flowing Cat. You have one avid reader!!!

the Troubadorthe Troubadorover 19 years ago
How refreshing!

Active, exciting writing! This is going to have me glued to my monitor until it's finished. I hate starting a story that I can't read as my fancy says. It is hell waiting for next installments.

But this is so well laid out, and the plot so intrigueing it is going to have me lusting for each and every episode.

And I like the fact you are using the sex when it is logical and works.

Doug

patricia51patricia51over 19 years ago
You're Back!!!!

Ever since you all told me you had a new story in the works I have been waiting in anticipation. Its been worth the wait. I wanted to rush through it, but instead I savored each carefully written word. Its mysterious and exciting and I'm already holding my breath waiting for the next chapter.

Ghost BearGhost Bearover 19 years ago
Suspense

You have set this up brilliantly. I look forward to the next

chapter.

willyb220willyb220over 19 years ago
Love it

This is going to be tough to wait for. I'm torn between reading each chapter as it arrives, or waiting for the whole story. Guess which I'll do. Glad to see you back!

ryu77ryu77over 19 years ago
DAMN!!!!

Now I have an excuse to log everyday to this site to look for an update of this story. It is exciting and interesting. I have so many questions running inside my head that I think I'm going crazy....LOL!

Great read.

fumunda cheezefumunda cheezeover 19 years ago
Just One Word G R E A T

You have my undivided attention. I will look forward to seeing this story come to fruition. I can guess one thing though. Things are not always as they seem. They are not always as simple as they seem either.

Waiting and wondering what will come next.

It is very refreshing to read a story where the bulk of it is telling the reader that this body part is licked here, there, and this one goes here and this one goes there over and over again.

Gary

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
It's been done before

I hope the coming chapters are hotter and just long enough.

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 19 years ago
waiting for more

A very good story by a very good writer. can't wait for the next chapter

Hemi04Hemi04over 19 years ago
Intriguing....

Looks like a great story developing. I would like to have a go at some stories like this myself, so I will be reading with a great deal of anticipation. Rock on!!

Jim

noone269noone269over 19 years ago
Great to see you back!

I just read this story today, and I just love the storyline! Very intriguing, I am starting the other chapters now to catch up, excellent work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Excellent premise

Wonderful beginning, but then most of yours are.

anon jerry

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Really enjoying the story but one thing puzzles.

She's married to him, is showing him love and expressing love to him and then he hears her talking to her lover over the phone. He then says "is it none of my business". He is married to her, how could it not be his business? If she wants him to stay which she clearly does, how can he think that. Sometimes author's write things that are really annoying. It is normally a wimpy thing too. I like reconciliation but I hate it when authors write in a really wimpy way. Having said that, excellent story and good writing 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good story, great writing...

First time reading this, it's interesting and well written. I can understand his confusion and sense of displacement, feeling as if he doesn't belong there. The new clothes, poor condition of the house; all the small clues are telling him one thing while his wife and doctor are telling him something else. Nothing is adding up and he doesn't know if it's because of his memory loss or if there's something sinister going on. I suspect the phone call between his wife and Jack is exactly what he thought: it's none of his business. He trusts nothing at this point.

bobareenobobareenoover 1 year ago

He wouldn’t want sex immediately? Not likely, given the description of her. His responses to her and his home don’t make sense, he should assume his rights to know, and push against any prevarications. He seems a reticent weakling.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Great storytelling. I really want to see where this goes.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous