All Comments on 'Things That Go Bump in The Night'

by Cromagnonman

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
Diecast1Diecast1about 1 month ago

A great story. Love it. AAAAAA++++++

J6480J6480about 1 month ago

Another winner mate

Ranger001Ranger001about 1 month ago

A fun read, worth at least 5 stars, but I'll just give it 7 to be rebellious! Thanks! 😎

t8ntliklyt8ntliklyabout 1 month ago

Good story from a good author, but felt rushed. 4⭐⭐⭐⭐ because of that

KRD19254KRD19254about 1 month ago

Hmmm, yes rushed....

What happen to the other twin? Anything they need to fear?

What happen with all the bad companies? No rewards?

\

4.8***** Hooyah, Salutes...

cementhead35cementhead35about 1 month ago

Great dialog & story! Thanks

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 month ago

Great job as usual!

5

texstertexsterabout 1 month ago
Perhaps a bit too tidy

Agree with the commenter who said it felt rushed…still, fun little tale with a bit of bite to it.

One bit of constructive criticism for the author - I know conversational dialogue can be challenging to structure, especially when 2 characters are going back and forth in short bursts, but in this story it was difficult at times to know who was speaking - adding in some identifier when changing speakers doesn’t take much, but can really improve readability.

Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

In honesty, I didn’t love this one. Marcia’s overall reaction to being drugged, bruised up, and left for dead was less intense than when most people, accountants included, get a splinter. While your former cop MC might be a bit more relaxed about this, his sister and BIL should have been at least a little freaked out by acquiring a new assistant who’s the target of an assasination.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Not sure if it's because of all the Australian gibberish, the way the author actually wrote the story or a combination of the two, but I couldn't finish reading it. Either find a good editor or learn better grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc, whether it's Australian, British or American English. 2*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Who'd have ever thunk it? A great story about love among the fish guts. 5 stars!

WetheNorthWetheNorthabout 1 month ago

The comments section had more clichés than the story.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 1 month ago

Lacked emotion. Also, sexual abuse is hardly just a Catholic issue. Protestants had nearly the same rate or were slightly higher. The Catholic Church was low hanging fruit. Anti Catholic Sentiment went hand in hand with the colonization of America. It certainly didn't end after the revolution. The bureaucracy, hierarchy and history of the church is ripe for sensationalized any scandal. Not making excuses. The Catholic Church deserved to take it on the chin. My gripe is less with that and more the pass so many other denominations and religions received due to lazy reporting and ignorant public. Those victims deserve the same respect and compassion.

Smiffy69Smiffy69about 1 month ago

Enjoyed it but it sure was a big coincidence. Plus some anomalies. Big brother went to little brother and back, for instance. Need a good editor.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCromagnonman@Cromagnonman
I'm a pretty normal average male, chronologically well over 18 but psychologically I'm not so sure. I have been writing as a hobby for many years and now that I have time on my hands I am looking to become more professional at it. I enjoy reading, morning walks along the river...