All Comments on 'Thirteen Steps'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 103 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Of course Josh was in the army.

Of course he was a cold blooded killer. Pop question author, which is a crime: Having premarital sex or assault? Which is worse? Put another way, which is a crime: Having an affair or murder?

If she could feel guilty having an affair, why doesn't he feel guilty having committed a homicide?

Only a sociopath would feel no remorse at killing someone and that is scarier than your story.

I should know, I could burn your house down with you in it, fuck your wife, your mom, hell, I could rape your dog and feel the same as if I just bid you all a good morning and we enjoyed an excellent supper. Both mean nothing to me.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 8 years ago
Great Value

You're always great value. I particularly like the postscript.

thefranzthefranzover 8 years ago
Its a Halloween Story so Blood and Gore are Mandatory

Great Story - as always, thank you very much.

As to anonymus' comment: yes, he caused his wifes death but I don't think this would qualify as murder or manslaughter. He didn't know about her health issues and he just wanted to scare her. And then there is the standard disclaimer: it's just a story!

sugnasugnaover 8 years ago
Almost

An almost story. Almost had drama, almost had tension, almost had a point, almost was a Halloween story. It works better as an April Fools story. The joke was on the reader who was strung along in the hopes of the plot developing into something other than a matter of fact retelling of events.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
LUCKY 13

not for all the people. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Fun take on the He-man ex-mercenary...

And appropriate that one of the halfwit anonymous posters didn't recognize it in his speed reading to look for something to jerk off to.

Loved all the stage setting with the super soldier and his exploits and how when it comes down to it, he goes for stage blood and runs away. Good fun.

Also like the cheating wife having her own personality. Getting really tired of the super submissive characterizations to try to explain sluttiness. She just was... but had her own boundaries and motivations. THat part was well done. Especially the laughing at and dominating the big dick kid and the would be blackmailer.

The story was a little disjointed in that the stars of the piece never really came together for a big showdown... or even a little denouement, but there was still plenty of meat to chew through.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
great story for hollowween

another great read from your talented mind...enjoyed it as always... since im writing are you gonna add another chapter to "Finding an Editor"?

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 8 years ago
Damn

It was great that the fucking cheaters died but I didn't appreciate having to read all about the betrayal taking place. Normally I do not read this stuff but I figured it would have a decent ending and I wasn't disappointed. Especially knowing the cheaters are now burning with the rest of the dead cheaters makes it a solid five star tale.

Happy Halloween.

Bah Humbug (thought I'd start early)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
didn't like it

but I generally don't like Halloween stories.

she really was a cunt to the very end. she needed a little payback, didn't suffered nearly enough (in this life, at least).

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 8 years ago
Tis the Season to Gash and Gore the Arrogant

I'm personally prejudiced against LW stories where the cheaters die. In addition the straying wife was a casual sociopath and hubby was a straight arrow war hero. However I can't resist humor which qhml1 employed like a master to take the edge off of some overtly Ewww carnal and then post mortem moments. The story line was purposefully herky-jerky with jumps in POV and time continuity. Yet it worked. It just did.

In short I shuddered at this story, but not at my behest. qhml1 was in top form as puppet master and there is no choice but to rate this at full marks . *****

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 8 years ago
Q is one of the best, but

this wasn't one of his best. The entire back story had no bearing on the plot, such as it was. The excessive sex, and shooting of the phone and the window had no bearing on the plot. The sand box killings and how tough he was to other punks over the years did not matter to the plot in any way. All we needed out of this was the story of the ghost, the fact she had a lover in the bedroom and how he worked on a movie set and came home in costume, and the results. It had three pages of fill that had nothing to do with anything. Although there was no real plot, but it would have made an entertaining Halloween story. (I'll take Hardy Wilkes any day!)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Just unsettling, not humorous, and way too long, or at least, mostly irrelevant.

I appreciate you wanting to create color and background and interesting side stories, but it just became tedious and unrelated to the main plot. And added only distraction, not extra interest. The loyal well educated intelligent wife becoming a big cock slut is always a weak plot device: insert large penis into normal average woman and she becomes Slutula? Please, just stupid. Women don't get that stupid for just sex. If there had been other problems in the marriage then it might make sense. But this woman just threw her perfect marriage away for 9.5 inches of phallus? The kinky sex she could get from her husband. The multiple partners? OH, that's right, she was slightly submissive. Seems the "submissive" excuse is being used a lot lately to explain why normal women become sex slaves. Maybe its me, but somebody does not know women very well.

But thanks for trying.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good LW story and love the idea of the sexy wife.

Gave you a 4 for effort and content. Fuck annony in the eyes

RePhilRePhilover 8 years ago
5 & FAV!

Best one so far!

Sidney43Sidney43over 8 years ago

You never disappoint me. Your stories just roll along with a bit of humor thrown in to provide some padding around the story line. Nice touch on the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
unable to follow any of this

unreadable

mike9698mike9698over 8 years ago
5 stars

very nice. the only thing i saw was that the cops wouldve taken a much harder look at him. as soon as they found out his wife was cheating they would try to pin it on him. another thing was the fake blood. what did the cops think about that. if they knew he was working on a movie set 'and the would want to know where he was' he would be in trouble.still a very good story.

dinkymacdinkymacover 8 years ago
Excellent!

Thanks for sharing a great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
NO no no

you are the last good author left on this site(in this category).please please please do not do this ..you are much better than this. much much better.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 8 years ago
Awesome!

Great development of the slut wife. Way more believable than the "it was just sex! I love you!" There are consequences for everything we do; we just don't realize most of them until we die. Something to think about.

I enjoyed the back stories and seeing the evil pay the price for their choices. Five big stars!

imhaplessimhaplessover 8 years ago
Entertaining;

and isn't that what a story should be? 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
From Duna

LOL!

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 8 years ago
Disappointing ending

This author has done much better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
not your best.

3*

but some of the commentators on here really do have mental health issues.

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 8 years ago
troperiffic

You managed to load several LW tropes into this tale. There is no emotion no conflict and not one character you give a damn about. I'm at a loss to explain the high score. I guess once a writer builds a fan base the fans 5 bomb him automatically.

FD45FD45over 8 years ago
Not a fan of the story

But then I got to thinking of how I would write a Halloween story.

It isn't as easy as you think.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Ha ha ha, loved it....

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I was confused

Perhaps I read the story to quickly, but I was reading at my normal speed. I generally like your work, not so much this time. Sorry!

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 8 years ago
I liked it - dark Halloween story

I saw this story as pure escapist entertainment and like it. Some folks commenting are too serious. Damian and Cora got what they deserved, as did the lovin' hubby. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Pretty Good Story

I am not a big fan of Halloween, but that was pretty good story.

There was a lot going on there....may be too much.

Four stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
just stupid

Just weird and stupid. Not erotic, not funny, not sad, nothing. Just boring.

patilliepatillieover 8 years ago
Very nice

I enjoyed it, easy read and liked the wrap up. Dont think that Cora was consistent in her presentation, her hubby was a major alpha and she saw someone who's cock was just a bit not enough to keep her on the straight and narrow. That kinda is an incongruity that I had to suspend disbelief on, and took away from the overall effect.

But overall it is a quibble, the story was good as expected from this author, it is always a good day to see a QHML post.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Husband is too much of a testosteronal freak to be liable.

Really, what kind of d-bag beats a guy and dumps his gf to prove how manly he is and how many laws he could have broken if only she'd told him about the scumbag hitting on her? And then theres the buddy that hates cheating whores, but happens to have ruined a good marriage by being a cheating whore.

Interesting story, but very cartoonish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
4*s

Damnation ! That was pretty good story, lol. Thanks again.

AMerryman

bruce22bruce22over 8 years ago
I was pleased to see a qhm1 story

But this one did not flow for me. Still I enjoyed the fact that he accidentally burned the Bitch and her lover without trying. After all they were all sociopaths and he had no intention. By the way I thought he would move on to the CSI captain.

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
Fantastic!!

One of the very best ghost stories EVER!!!! There was an actual story, not just gore and an overabundance of annoying screaming. Plus the ghosts were depicted as ghosts, not demons or some other weird mix of supernatural creatures. I really liked Wilfred, but then having lived most of my sixty one years with a ghost (no kidding) I guess I'm used to hauntings. (Although I have serious problems with how many such are usually portrayed. In my case my ghost has traveled with me through several different homes and states, so obviously I'm not an adherent of the myth that ghosts are bound to one location only. And don't get me started on how I feel about the TV ghost hunter shows where the main requirement for hire seems to be the ability to scream loudly and frequently! Actually I like my ghost and we get along just fine, no screaming, no shuddering and not even a trace of terror.)

Anyway, the husband in this story got rid of the cheating slut and had a good life, the cheating slut dies, as does her lover, so in my humble opinion this is an awesomely great story! My only complaint is that I'm limited to five stars and not a hundred.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Other projects?

I always enjoy your stories and was thrilled when this one came up. Not my favorite but still pretty good. I am curious on your comment of "other projects". Do you have stories that are not lit?

impo_61impo_61over 8 years ago
As an Halloween story, this is very good...

As an Halloween story, this is very good... Good and funny reading, better ending...4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
WOW!

Perfect story! The revenge was better than any he could've planned, and was really funny as well! "Q-man," you're at your best here! I loved the part where the ghosts are bitching at each other, too. As they used to say, "Totally righteous, Dude!"

"Write"-on, Dude!

maninconnmaninconnover 8 years ago
Well done!

Thanks for your story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Sure Glad That's Over

I read three pages and then skimmed the last one, but skipped the last few paragraphs. I mean, so bloody ponderous. Q, you can spin a yarn for sure, but I just felt like a was dragging around a giant dirigible filled with all sorts of artsy fartsy detail and various and sundry shiny objects.

C_frommnC_frommnover 8 years ago
Loved the End

So wifey gets to watch and suffer with her "boytoy" whining . Too bad if she kept her legs crossed and remembered how her guy was she might of lived and had a good life. But now she has a Great after life with the Whiner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Fun read for a holiday theme... Shades of StangStar06

qhml1... thanks for the giggles.

I had fun reading this and liked all the clichés. When I got two thirds of the way through I started getting the flavor StangStar06. That being said it is a work of fiction, and sometimes its nice to find an author break out of his or her general style.

Michaela Mc

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
stangstar?

You're kidding, right? Stangstub hasn't an original idea in twenty years. This guy can write.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Loved it

Five stars. A very fun read. Thanks!

carbinemastercarbinemasterover 8 years ago
I really liked it

Well, this tale is a little different for you, qhml1. And no, that's not a bad thing. Something a little different is nice every now and then. I really liked it, it was a fun read. The supernatural element was a nice addition for Halloween, which even after all these years, is still one of my two favorite holidays.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
good

@10/22/15 anon:

go fuck yourself, you fag cuck.

maddictmaddictover 8 years ago
Cool.

The problems took care of themselves. What a wonderful idea,

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 8 years ago
A fun read...

...but not your best effort. Military backstory wasn't really relevant to the plot since no bad-assery was required at the confrontation. Just set up the hero's movie set connection and we're good to go. Or, alternatively, give the military experience some relevance by linking it to combat-acquired attitudes on loyalty. Still a fun read though, thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
bad

@good

And you would know you cock-smoking ass-pirate!

:)

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2about 8 years ago
5

for a good story and because you made the asshole of LIT say pig shit. Eat it yourself dear annony!

norcal62norcal62almost 8 years ago
So, right off they do anal.

And then they wait until morning before cleaning up? That said enough for me to abandon reading.

Now anal sex is okay for those that like it, but I'm fed up with LW authors throwing it into every story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
1*

Vote 1* for 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐓 𝐃𝐔𝐌𝐁 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐘 𝐖𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐄™ (that's what her clients call her) aka BONNIE/VASTIE aka NEEDYOU200 aka 5+ANNONY!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
@bonnietaylor

Wondering what you did to get banned???

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 7 years ago
What a shame...

The Bitch's afterlife couldn't have been even MORE unpleasant...

She'd turned into a right cheating whore and had no feelings of guilt at all, apparently... But at least glad sure knew what killed her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Right on Norcal

Anal is just too shitty to consider. As I have been in 11 countries and all 50 states, the only places I can confirm anal as happening is in the Arab countries and then only between males.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Yuck

First page of this story and I'm already disgusted. She was cheating on a good man. All because his cock was just a couple inches too short for her liking? Complete and total slut in every damned use of the word. Not in any means hot or a turn on. If the woman is gonna cheat, at least make the husband a dick. Not a good man that protects women. Hell if the slut was real, I'd fucking hate her for hurting a good man. I'd wish she'd rot in Hell eternally in the deepest harshest torment.

Pulsifer42Pulsifer42over 6 years ago
Thanks.......

Enjoyed a fun kind of read with justice applied. Nice.....Happy ending and everything.

Cookie7991Cookie7991over 6 years ago
Second time through.

Even better. Superb Halloween story. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great read

I was sorry it was over.

CaOldDogCaOldDogalmost 6 years ago
Great Fun

Thanks for a very entertaining and greatly written story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Thoughts

"Josh had been gone two weeks, and I was getting a little stir crazy sitting at home." - Of course it would kill the story, but her problem was waiting until she was "stir crazy." If she had gone out for dinner and a movie with a NON-slut friend sooner, she wouldn't have been so on edge.

"A bra and panty set that was risque even for me," - Why care about your lingerie if you're not planning on anybody seeing it?

Funny how they get turned on by their lovers humiliating them, while they'd slap their husbands if THEY did it.

In the glory hole, she wasn't worried about STD's from strange cocks?

I guess she should have been worried about STD's!

enjayemenjayemalmost 6 years ago
Well done

Loved the little twist at the end

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Very good

I really enjoyed that story. Wish it has been longer. It was just getting good. He was going to frighten Cora with the mask when he got home. So if she had a weak heart, she probably would have died even if he hadn't caught her cheating.

PaddyyddaPPaddyyddaPover 5 years ago
Seriously

I know it was just a halloween story, but seriously? “Thank you Mr. Cocke”? Seriously? He bought that? And did she spell it with the e on the end, in her sleep?

Good, fun little story, (Aside from that literary brain-fart), though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great story...

...really enjoyed this one. Very well written and entertaining. Liked the end with the three ghosts. Great writer. 5 stars. Thanx!

Loklie

TajfaTajfaabout 5 years ago
Abother good one

Would have preferred to see her humiliated after being found out but still a great story.

SithLord6969SithLord6969almost 5 years ago
Death becomes her

There's a pun in there somewhere!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
maybe

Maybe if you wrote the story right to left it could have been a little more confusing, all in all, i really like the other stories you've written

johsunjohsunalmost 4 years ago

I loved the ending where the ghosts talk.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
???????

I don't know what to say about this except it is a pretty damn good story. Thanks! 5*

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Again

That's a good Halloween story. All those poor idiots spending eternity together after their accident.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
pretty darn good

Here was waiting for hubby to get home and beat the shit out of his wife's lover, but you put a great twist on. Good writing. Do you think there are real cheaters out there that think they can get away with it for ever?

SignedBTWSignedBTWabout 3 years ago
I'm Torn Between

Bud and Lou's 'The Time Of Their Lives' with the line about haunting the estate "Till crack of Doom" and Erick Weisz's wife Bess telling him on Halloween at the last seance "...I now turn out the light, good night Harry."

Glad to see Wilfred was finally able to find peace, not so much for the other two. I found it funny as hell that they couldn't cross over or manifest in any way, both impotent specters tied to each other, apparently forever. That seems like justice to me.

BillandKate used a similar plot device for deliberate revenge in their fine story

'Losing Paradise - And More, Jean-Paul deserved his even more than Damian. Signed: BTW

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

Sorry just a typical over the top and so highly ridiculous a story it fell flat.

Omart57Omart57about 3 years ago

Great story, the ending is damned funny, well worth the read!

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

Great story, loved it.

Well worth 5/5

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Great again. This is one of the best Halloween stories ever written in LW. Damn cheating bitch.

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

Excellent BTB!!!

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Pretty good tale and the B did the BTB to herself! 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Always a winner...

...always a well-crafted story !

Good to know some things just don't change.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great! ROFLMAO! Nice change of pace.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesabout 2 years ago

Enjoyed the story. Thanks for writing.

xhristianjxhristianjalmost 2 years ago

That was actually pretty good thank god so sick of all the cuckold stories on here

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Stopped reading when I realized it was interracial filth .

One star

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

very good even with the second reading.

linnearlinnearalmost 2 years ago

Good read but I'm not sure why I waited so long to read it.

rn2711rn2711almost 2 years ago

Thank you for a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Average. Too lengthy. 3 stars.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

My recommendation? Do not work again on this one or try to improve it. It is worthless. It is well past really bad.

1*

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another "well played, Sir !"

...5...

EastCoaster

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Why are anonymous commentators so brave with their comments? Well I suppose when your full of shit you don't want everyone to know it.

CunnyLinguistTooCunnyLinguistTooover 1 year ago

Loved the last bit from Cora the ghosts perspective...what a great touch!

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

Cora saw Josh just about beat a man to death when he tanked her bikini top off. She must have had a death wish to start screwing around on him.

Having her finish out her existence as a ghost listening to Damien whine and seeing Josh be happy with another woman seems like a most appropriate punishment.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Well, that was different. The changing of characters without any notice was a little off putting, but I just had to read a flittle further to figure out who was talking this time. Not a bit deal

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman11 months ago

LOL, Well written as all your stories are. I just got a lttle turned off by the # of people having a STD because of her and the group activities. It's a shame about the house but not Cora and Damien, LOL with his name. Guess Winfried was finally "released" from ghost duties.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

That.. was.. a.. HOOT!

On to da next…

Medussa55Medussa558 months ago

A good story, a little meandering at times and a little silly but I enjoyed it

JRandyJJRandyJ4 months ago

5 Stars, your imagination is definitely working on this one.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories