This Strange World Needs a Kicking! Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'll have to find her so that I can remove the bond on Conrad," he said.

"Does that mean that you will have to sleep with him again?" Pepin asked anxiously.

"Hopefully, some kisses will do," Kai let his intentions known.

Pepin crossed his arms and pouted.

"Come on, Pepin, I can't just let the guy die or something," Kai said.

"Then will you kiss me just the same as you kiss him?" Pepin asked.

"Do you have a bond on your heart that could kill you?"

"No."

"Well, then, you just got your answer. Ah, stop pouting. I won't fall for the same trick a second time. I know you're not going to cry."

Pepin was scrunching his nose, but then his features relaxed, and he grinned. "It was worth a try. You won't last long without kissing me, I'm sure."

Well, as long as it was only kissing... what was he thinking? Kai shook his head. He wanted to be in character, but only as long as he didn't end up torturing people or doing naughty things with dudes.

***

Sebastian observed Milo and began to imitate his gestures. He took place across from him at a square table and looked around. The tavern was clean, and it smelled of food.

A woman in an apron came to them. "What will you boys have?"

"Hi, we're going to have two hamburgers, fries on the side, and extra ketchup. And two large sodas," Milo said and smiled.

As the woman walked away, Sebastian continued to take in his surroundings. No one was wearing armor, and most travelers wore the same thin fabric as they did.

"Are there other people on a date here?" he asked, curious of how quests were handled in this realm.

Milo looked around. "Could be. I don't know. So, you didn't read my texts, huh?"

"No, I didn't get the chance. I should inform you that I don't find cheese an interesting topic."

Milo blinked and grinned. "You're particularly funny today. I don't think cheese is interesting, either."

"Good, then maybe you should think of writing about other things."

"Look," Milo said and reached for his hand across the table. Sebastian allowed the touch. By what he could tell, other people held hands, too. It was probably a custom. "I know I was the one to spring the question on you, and you should be the more surprised of us two, but, damn, I'm so... ah, I don't have words. My heart is full."

"Full," Sebastian repeated slowly.

Milo linked their fingers together. "Yeah." He looked down sheepishly and laughed. "I mean, we've been here before, and we did so many things together, but tonight is different, right?"

That wasn't far from the truth, but Sebastian could tell that Milo was thinking of something else. He seemed to be very emotional. That was always an annoyance. But he had a good-looking body and a handsome face, and, for now, Sebastian could see Milo's uses.

The woman interrupted them by placing plates in front of them. Sebastian looked at Milo, waiting for him to eat first so that he could imitate him. The wench hadn't brought them any utensils, although she had bothered to offer them some paper tissues that had to serve as napkins.

He proceeded as Milo and bit from the bun filled with meat. Sebastian stopped for a moment. It was meat, but even Pepin would be hard-pressed to make it so intensely flavorful. It was almost on the point of being too much, but Sebastian decided to give it a try and began chewing slowly.

"If you can't finish it, it's okay," Milo said.

Prince Kai might not have had an appetite, but Sebastian needed to keep his strength up. "I will finish it," he said sternly.

He took the high glass placed by the server on his side of the table. There was a bent stick in it. For what purpose, he was unsure. He observed the bubbles; was it champagne? Since they were going on a quest, they were probably having a feast, although, again, the presence of a single course was disappointing.

He stole a glance at Milo and noticed how he sipped from his glass through that stick. He did the same.

"Oh," he said and put back the glass. It was definitely more bubbly than champagne. And much sweeter. "This champagne has an odd flavor," he commented.

Milo laughed. "Is that a hint that I should have made things a bit more special?"

"No, no, that is completely fine," Sebastian said politely. "When will we kiss?"

That was the purpose of their quest, according to Milo.

The young man blushed to the tip of his ears. "As soon as you finish that." He pointed at Sebastian's food.

"Of course." If it was a rite he had to complete, he didn't mind it. The food was tolerable, although extremely flavorful. Sebastian took a delicate bite from his bun.

"You know, it's like I see you in a different light today," Milo said softly.

Sebastian had been with enough men to know that Milo was showing signs of being infatuated. That meant that the kissing part would go flawlessly.

TBC

12