All Comments on 'This We'll Defend'

by YoursTruly101

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
InPennyInPoundInPennyInPoundover 5 years ago
Yay!

Was so happy to see you had a new story up and you did not disappoint! Love this story and the characters in it. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Simply WOW!

You blew me away with the quality and dramatic realisation of this story. Sure I have read your previous ones but none moved me quite the same as this one did and it'S going straight to my favs pile. The characters, the slow burn, the heartfelt drama, the bustling action, the quirky humour, the real life pain and the sweet sweet happy ending made this one of the most memorable readings of LE in my life and for that I'll be forever grateful. Hopefully there are many similar stories coming from you in the future.

5*

VyresOfTheArtVyresOfTheArtover 5 years ago
Perfect

An amazing story from start to finish. 👍🏻

stroudlestroudleover 5 years ago
Brilliant

Heart breaking and heart warming story. Brilliant story of bravery and courage. So much emotion weaved into every wonderful page. Enjoyed every word. Action packed with a tender love scene. I Loved it.

This touched me too.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
amazing

5 stars ? perhaps an entire page full !!!!!!!!!!

best story I've read in a longggggggggg time

your truly gifted

les_carrie@ yahoo.com

SleepygreedySleepygreedyover 5 years ago
TRULY AMAZING N TOUCH HEART WRECKING

Re-reading still makes me cry and oh god im sooo craving for having a healthy romance relationship (ugh hopeless romantic) 😭❤️ anw this's sooo lovely story i've read this far :''') you should make a patreon like KennaColrite 😊

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Amazing as Always

Completely trapped into reading your story as fast as I could once again. Such an amazing story with a wonderful plot that I don't even know how to put into words for what it does for me. I will continue to eagerly await your next story, keep up the fantastic work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Ranks Way Up....

Just could not stop reading this short story. I had warm strong feelings for both of your characters as they progressed through the meeting and love affair.

Best to you....

MaonaighMaonaighover 5 years ago
Impressive piece of work

I was surprised I hadn't come across your work before, YT, but when I looked at your listing I saw that most of your stories were published before I discovered Lit. I enjoyed this story and consider it an impressive piece of work yet I have what I hope are some constructive comments and queries about points which didn't seem plausible to me. There are quite a few grammatical errors: for example instead of writing "your partner" you write "you're partner" (you wrote this a number of times). "You're" is a contraction of "you are" and so incorrect the way you used it.

On the subject of plausibility, would a tough police force in a violent city really employ an amputee with a prosthetic leg as a street cop? And would an informant like Cid really contact her police handler in writing (a bit dangerous, I'd have thought)? You also left the relationship between Amy and Cid unresolved which is frustrating for the reader (unless you intend to bring them back in a different story). Please believe me that these comments are intended to be helpful. I certainly considered the story to be worth five stars.

YoursTruly101YoursTruly101over 5 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the comments!

Hi Maonaigh and fellow readers!

I hope y’all like the story. Hopefully I’ll start writing the final chapter of the Agent series soon. I’m still an amateur writer and I didn’t submit this work to an editor (which I should do) so sorry for any grammatical errors. Hopefully it wasn’t too distracting.

If you guys noticed, I recycled some of the characters from my previous stories: Cid, Amy, and mike from the Fighting for Her series and officer Ashley Cain from the Mission of the Heart/Agent series. I didn’t disclose cid and Amy’s relationship in this story since I’m planning on writing theirs in the future. As for Officer Cain, let’s just whoever saved Alice from the crash wasn’t Cain ;)

Actually, I was inspired to write this piece by a real life veteran amputee Christopher Lawrence, who was rejected four times before a police department took him in. Now, I’m not too familiar with how the Chicago police operated and whether or not they’re strict with their employment.

Thanks for all the comments!

jenorma2012jenorma2012over 5 years ago
OUTSTANDING!!!!!

Usually I do not read stories that are this long,and it has taken me 2 days to read all of it, but I am so glad I kept up with it. This is a very good story it grabbed me from the start and would not let go till I finished it, I only hope your other stories it as good as this one

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fantastic!

What a beautiful story. Bravely capturing the horrors of war and the pain that continues for many years causing difficulties with a tender relationship. But finally describing the peace that that they feel. Brilliant.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Love this story!

And all your other stories too. I am really excited to know that you are going to write more story on Cid and Amy. Fighting For Her was your first story that i read and i was hooked! But unfortunately u didnt finished it. But I am so happy now to know that u are planning to write its continuation. Pls pls pls write it as soon as possible. Thank U.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
What a great story*****

Wish I could give you many more stars. You definitely deserve them! I can overlook any grammatical errors, the quality of your stories definitely override any errors. I was so glad to see another posting from you. Absolutely loved this story. I really hated for it to end. Looking forward to seeing more from you. Your stories rank with the best.

SB

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Best story I have read!

I connected with it so much. It was long and had so much substance. Amazing work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow

That was absolutely beautiful! It was an emotional ride but I loved every minute of it! The characters were so realistic and I felt for them all. This story was just amazing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Why is this free?

Seriously, double the length (easy enough by expounding areas) and edit it, you could easily sell this.

germanchocolate4ugermanchocolate4uover 5 years ago

This is an awesome story. If someone says otherwise, This I'll Defend. The details describing PTSD, challenges on being blind and the dangers and rewards of being a cop were spot on. Sadly, some of the grammatical errors disrupted the flow of the story. However, not enough to diminish how good it is. Congrats to YoursTruly101 on another fantastic story

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Amazing

This story had me glued each page I read this writer is very talented I believe they could easily make it had a writer 20/20 💯

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Loved This

Thank you for sharing this wonderful story. I hope you write and share more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Excellent.

Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wow!

Loved it, Love it. , loved it. As a retired Police officer , I felt for the main character.

My wife was by my side for all thou years. Having someone to love, and loves you is what keeps the demons at bay. Thank You for a great story.

jimmyjib72jimmyjib72about 4 years ago
amazing

wow loved this i really love and enjoy reading these sorts of stories where you loose yourself in it all i can picture everything awesome work thank you for putting so much love into the story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Read it again!

This is probably my 10th time reading this story and it won’t be the last!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
One of the best

Hi, YoursTruly!

Grammatical errors notwithstanding, I absolutely loved this story and the characters. I hurt when they did, fell in love when they did, and basked in joy when they did.

I love how we didn't delve right into the romance, because then I became invested in Alice's voice even when she wasn't with Luna. The well-written conflicts in the story only ever made the resolution sweeter.

Thank you so much for sharing this piece. I'll surely come back to it in the future.

Nerdyqueen94Nerdyqueen94about 3 years ago

Great story a few minor spelling and grammatical errors put nothing distracted from the beauty of the tale. I laughed, raged and cried. You are truly talented thanks for a wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Please, have someone proofread your stories before you publish them. Or, at the very least, read them to yourself - aloud if necessary - to catch the most glaringly obvious problems. I got to the end because I became invested with the characters, not distracted by poor grammar or spelling mistakes, but on occasion it was touch and go.

So... What was it with Cid? Surely the bullet holes in the patrol car would have raised more concern that officers had been deliberately targeted than it appeared? How come the missing gang members families didn't raise their concerns about those who never returned? What happened to Tim?

AquariusgirlAquariusgirlover 1 year ago

For months now this story ahas been popping up as a 'similar story suggestion", and I've not read t until today. Omg wow, I can not believe that I waited until now to read this masterpiece. Thank you, I loved the story from start to finish & read it in one sitting (my God today has not been as proactive as it was supposed to be!).

This is most definitely one of my new favourite stories on here. Thank you so much.

If I could award 10 stars instead of 5, I would ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Nicole2023Nicole2023about 1 year ago

I thoroughly enjoyed this... mistakes happen didn't take away from the story. Thank you

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userYoursTruly101@YoursTruly101
Hello :) I'm a physical therapist student by day and writer at night. I've been trying to do a three part prequel to the mission of the heart series. I love war, action, horror stories and I especially love erotic lesbian stories. In some other sites, I go under the name Gi...