Thorn Ch. 23-27

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Spelled? There is far too much of this bullshit nasty witchcraft going on lately. I'm sure you two know about poor Kate, this bloody collar and now Damon... why don't you good witchy types shut down this evil stuff?"

"We are working on breaking the spell but there are some elements we are not able to get yet."

"Seasonal herbs or something?"

"Blood of his family. Blood of his true family. He needs to be tied to the good side of his family to break the tie that has been made to the evil side."

"Fuck that. He shouldn't be tied to anything. Find a better spell." Luna stood and began to pace. "If you tie him to his family what will that mean for him?"

"It will mean he will be healed. He will slowly grow into the man, the wolf, he was meant to be. He is such a giving soul Luna and he needs to be in a role where he can nurture and give to his pack. He could work in any service industry happily but his calling is to help. I think he would make a great nurse, or teacher. He just needs a chance. He's still young, only nineteen." Mel spoke passionately.

"Are you kidding me? He's suffered all of that. Put Gem through months of hell and he's just a teenager?" Luna tried to remember exactly what he looked like. "He's sort of small compared to the other males. I just never realised he was that young."

"When you suffer like that. It ages you." Harmony said gently. "He wears his pain."

"Okay so are you looking for his family? Do you know where they are?"

"His sister Keira has already passed away, but he has you."

"You are fucking killing me here!" Luna yelled, "That is no way to tell me I have a brother. A brother who hurt one of my best friends!"

"A brother who never hurt her, not even when the beast who enslaved her ordered him to. Your brother kept her from suffering as much as he could. He took hits meant for her. He took care of her wounds. He held her while Lucas killed his brother. Not to try to claim her or hurt her, but to keep her from the danger."

"You need my blood. Is my blood enough?"

"We need your father's blood too."

"Fine so I meet him. Hear him out, say "Hey Dad can I just have a bit of blood so I can put a spell on your son, oh yeah the son that was torn away from you, my future husband has him in a fucking magic collar at the moment because he is consumed by evil, but these witches assure me he's a good guy so we're going to fix it. Even though I know he watched men rape and hurt one of my best friends, you can trust me, so where should I take the blood from?"

"Well you may need to work on your delivery but you've kept up with it pretty well." Harmony laughed and then quickly stopped herself. "Sorry, inappropriate laughter seems to be my specialty. I'm terrible at funerals too. I just had this image of all of you just as you were talking."

"Inappropriate laughter? Harmony get a grip. This is big." Mel glared at her sister.

"I think we are all well aware of that Sis, it doesn't mean we need to get so heavy the light disappears from this room and the thunder clouds roll in. There has been some big nasty, witchy bullshit, there has been enough pain to fuel all the dark magic we are dealing with, but in this room we are seeing the light flooding in, the turning point, and Luna, sweet, lovely Luna is the key to it all."

"So no pressure then?" Luna grinned at Harmony. "So I must be a giant ray of moonlight and hope then. Is it shining out my bum, because I can't see it?"

"Yep big thick moon beams of hope and love are pouring out of your bum. Thought you were a damn comet when you walked in here." Harmony and Luna both laughed.

"Fuck you both, I'm not getting drawn into this silliness." Melody stomped her foot and headed for the door. She was barely through when she called out "Oi Moonbeam Butt, come help with lunch."

"Thorn, I think you can come on back now." Luna gave Harmony a hug. "I've let Thorn know to head back. If you need to tell me anything else, or if you need me you call, text, email, whatever you need to do. Once I get my bike I'll come and visit again."

"I think we've covered all you need to know for now. Luna, I know you have suffered too, but you have been blessed with a great gift. If you want help to learn how to harness it Melody could help you."

"What gift?"

"You heard him speak didn't you? That day in your dreams and again today?"

"I had a dream is all, somehow he must have leaped in or something. Today was you guys."

"No, that was you. You can hear them Luna."

"I so don't need more voices in my head right now. But I'll think about talking to Mel sometime. I thought Harley came to you?"

"Yeah he did, but I'm not going to be around long enough to teach you. Though if you don't get your moonbeam butt out to the kitchen Mel may throw you out before lunch anyway. That woman is a..."

"Are you two coming to help or going to gas bag right through till dinner time?"

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Luna looked around the restaurant her and Thorn sat in. It was so different to his and Rose's café, and different from his parents' restaurant. The room was divided into private alcoves and romantic corners. The sweet scent of citrus and spices danced in the air. The gentle sounds of flute, tanbur and violin flowed around her. "Thorn how did you come to know about this place?"

"I haven't been here with another woman if that is what you're wondering. I came here with Lucas he was working on some Turkish inspired recipes and was getting very frustrated with himself as the balance was never quite right. We sampled Turkish restaurants across the city. When we found this one we stopped going to any other. Lucas also stopped trying to make Turkish food saying there was no point when the best was already available."

"I can't imagine him just giving up like that." Luna smiled at the thought, "I can imagine him not wanting to be second best though. He sure takes his food seriously."

"Yeah well that is enough talking about my brother on our date night." Thorn gave little growl which made Luna's eyes dance with pleasure.

"Okay then. Date night, I've been looking forward to date night. I don't think you mentioned that in our original plan for today though. What made you decide to spoil me tonight?" Luna ran a hand over his cheek. God he was gorgeous. "Is this the start of the date you told me you would take me on Thorn or is that still to come?" She leaned in and smelled his throat before kissing him to the left of his pulse point. "I don't mind either way."

"This is the date Luna. I didn't think a date would fit into today but I decided we needed it. I watched you pretend everything was fine with mum and Thea. I watched you fuss over that damn Gretel and her chicks. You sat in silence most of the trip back to the city. I know you've had a big day Luna but please stop pulling away from me? Come back to me?"

"I'm here Thorn. I think it may be the residual effects of a drink your aunts gave me." He growled angrily. "Shhh baby they needed to talk to me and they needed me to hear them. The drink wasn't a bad thing. It just kept me a little chilled out so I didn't alarm you."

"Fuck I knew something was wrong. I thought it was the space but we've been a city apart and I have felt you clearly. I should have bloody known something was up. It was that big they wanted to hide it from me? Is the pack in danger? Shit are you in danger?"

"No of course not. You're kidding if you think they would keep that from you. They gave me a message from Harley. I found out I have half siblings. One is already dead. The other I can help. Have to help. I found out how I pulled over that tool chest. Harley helped me." Luna blinked suddenly teary eyes. "I had a family Thorn and I never even got a chance to know them."

"Oh Baby don't cry. I hate it when you cry. Maybe a date was the wrong thing. I just wanted to bring you back to me. You seemed to be in this bubble and something separated us. It was, is horrible."

"It was horrible Thorn. What I heard. But I heard things that will mean we can change it. We can bring them all into the light. We are the fucking moonbeams of hope." She smiled at him. "But this is our date night and I am not talking any more heavy yucky stuff today, or telling you about the moonbeams of hope stuff, actually I'm pretty sure some of that I can't really tell you."

"They told you not to tell me stuff?"

"No, they told me to tell you stuff, they told me to ask you to do things, they told me a lot depends on me. Shit maybe too much depends on me. But some things if I tell you it may change the way things play out and I don't want to fuck with what needs to happen. Trust me Thorn. If I thought it was dangerous, if I thought you, myself or the pack needed you to know I would tell you in a heartbeat. I love you and trust you Thorn. I trust that if you held something from me it would be for the right reason."

"I accept that. So until this bloody drink clears your system and until we can start being, what was it? Moonbeams of hope? How about we just have the best date night ever. We'll dine on the aromatic succulence of another world and time and forget the burdens facing us in ours. We'll drink wine and talk of love and romance. We'll leave here giddy with pleasure and I'll walk you to paradise."

"Paradise eh? I think I'm up for that."

They fed on slow cooked, beautifully prepared lamb. They talked in soft whispers, and now and then laughed quietly. They drank wine and soaked in the pleasure of each other. Luna fed Thorn Baklava while he teased her with sweet Kaymakli Kayisi. Then hand in hand they walked into the night smiling.

***

Thorn held her hand in his and couldn't keep the smile from his face. Tonight was the date they should have had long ago. It was amazing how open and connected they were with each other now. He remembered how she had been when she first arrived. Honest but guarded. Unsure of herself. He loved the confidence that was growing in her, and in her relationship with him. He loved the sounds of her laughter. He walked along the city street and as they reached the darker end of the street pulled her into a barely visible alley. He felt her surprise as he backed her against a wall and kissed her passionately. Then without a word returned to holding her hand and walking ahead. The alley was dark and he assumed many would have thought it a bit scary. But he knew this area of the city well. He kicked a can out of their path and laughed as Luna immediately kicked one also. The alley narrowed further as they navigated a series of large dumpsters. Thorn then stopped at a set of stairs. "Ready?"

"Always. Take me to paradise Thorn."

He had her walk up the narrow stairs first, a hand on her lower back as she slowly ascended. He heard her little gasp of surprise as she reached the top, and satisfaction flooded him.

The roof top was converted into a scene from a movie. What was usually a beautiful rooftop garden was now a romantic oasis. He walked over to a small stereo and set the music to play "Would the lady care to dance?"

"Oh Thorn this is beautiful." She turned around looking at everything. "And we can see the whole city." She stepped into his arms. "I would love to dance in paradise."

"I'm glad you like it. I'd hate to fail so early in our relationship. That would mean about six hundred years of second guessing all our future dates."

"Surely only fifty percent of our future dates."

"Pardon?" He twirled her across the area set up as a dance floor.

"Well I will be the one second guessing the other fifty percent, or am I not allowed to take my husband on a date?"

"Baby you can take me anywhere." He spun her fast making her laugh loudly.

"I doubt I will ever top this Thorn. Thank you so much for tonight."

"Luna, it is far from over."

***

Luna looked into Thorn's eyes and saw everything she could hope for. His love for her radiated from him. His instinct to care and protect. His loyalty. His drive to make her happy. She briefly wondered how she had come to this place. How she had found the fairy-tale ending.

They snuggled amongst the cushions and flowers watching the sky above them, peaceful and beautiful, and the bustling city below them. She never wanted this night to end. When the date was over she would have to think about her family again. She would have to approach Thorn about Damon. She would have to face the reality that there really were no fairy-tales that didn't have an evil witch, or a big bad wolf, or a wicked step-mother or whatever other obstacle. Their life seemed destined to have more than their fair share. Maybe that was part of being alpha, you took extra to spare others. She could do that. She could take them all, she was a survivor, she was an alpha bitch and she could kick ass.

"I have no idea what you're thinking right now baby, but while on a date with your beloved you should not look like you're about to tear heads off. You okay?"

"Better than okay. I'm a sexy alpha bitch. I'm getting married to the most wonderful man in the world. I'm helping my best friends and my family. But tonight is all about us." She snuggled in close. "Have I told you today how much I love you?"

"Maybe a couple of times, but I can hear it again." Thorn tipped her on her back and came down over her. "You smell so good. Is that a new perfume?"

"No. I ditched all the stuff Kate's mum made me. I mean it's probably fine but the idea of it made me sick. So I have new body wash and lotion etc. Same old perfume though." She sighed as he nibbled his way from her ear down to her mating mark. He licked the permanent mark and a shiver went through her as it had every time since he put it there. Fuck she loved when he touched her there. Reminded her she was his forever. But it was more than that, it was like that small section of her skin was now permanently a portal between him and her pussy. Super sensitive one lick or a brush of his fingertips and she felt her need ratchet upwards. "I'm guessing I'll stick with the new stuff, you seem to like it."

"It seems to magnify your own scent and yet there's something else. It's like I'm being driven to touch you. Called to fill you." He suddenly sat up. "Shit Luna, we calculated wrong. You're starting to ovulate."

"So this fantastic date will also be the night you turn me. The night we make Shannon?"

"We're in the middle of the city. We've both been drinking." He was gathering items together in a hurry.

"Baby relax. What's the matter?" Luna was now rising to her feet.

"I wanted to be at our place by the lodge. I should have realised sooner. Picked up on the subtle changes in your scent. Noticed your increased need."

"Are you saying you seriously think I only want you this much because I'm ovulating? You are an idiot Thorn. Grab whatever you need to grab and we'll get a taxi home and then I'll show you how much I want you, need you is nothing to do with where my damn eggs are at." Luna threw him a glare and made her way to the stairs. "I suggest you be very careful what you say next Thorn the best date ever is not about to turn into a big mess."

"Stop. Luna, wait. I'm sorry I didn't mean it as an insult. I was just mad with myself for not being aware."

"What difference does it make if I ovulate in the city or in the country? What difference does it make if you turn me in our place here or at the lodge?"

"Let me go first in case you slip. It makes a difference Luna. Here your scent right now could call to wolves in the area that aren't pack. That puts you at risk. If it had happened yesterday or tomorrow when you were out with the girls, or worse alone, fuck something could have happened to you."

"But you're with me. We're about to make love and you're about to make me wolf. I am safe with you. I will be carrying your child by morning. So let us not worry about what could have happened, this is the perfect night for us. I couldn't be more in the mood for making love with my mate, I have been wined and dined. I have danced on a rooftop. I have snuggled under the stars with the man I love. Take me home and make love to me Thorn."

"Luna I think we should get one of the pack to drive us to the lodge. Then I swear I'll make love to you. We don't need to panic yet. I'm told we will have three days available to get you pregnant with the best percentage. The first couple of days lesser chance. In hindsight think I missed the first day totally, which would make this day two. I think our best chance of conception would be for me to fill you up as often as I can the next two days, then change you the morning of day five."

"You said after the bite I won't actually change yet. I trust you Thorn. If getting back to the lodge is important to you that's what we'll do."

Luna watched him pull his phone from his pocket as soon as they reached the alley. "Lucas, I need you and Gem to get in the car and come pick Luna and I up. We need to get to the lodge tonight and we've both been drinking."

***

"What the fuck has happened now?"

"Luna and I need to be at the lodge. I need you and Gem to pack a bag. We'll be there a week or so. I'll be changing her while we are there."

"She's ready to get knocked up?" "Well I'll untie Gem and we'll get to your place in about half an hour."

"Yeah, we'll meet you there." Thorn ended the call and relayed the conversation to Luna.

"Untie her? Does he tie her up every night?" Luna wrinkled her nose.

"Maybe not every night baby, but various forms of bondage play a huge part in their relationship."

Thorn was interrupted then. "Thorn, we're having a bloody weird time here. This place is crawling with negative energy for a start, and reeks of wolf. We've made friends with her mother, what a fucking nutcase. She has clearly been indulging in substances of illegal nature for a long time."

"I'm alone with Luna, so it isn't the best time to chat. I'll contact you in half an hour because we'll be with Lucas and Gemma then and she'll be distracted. Aaron, be careful brother. I have a feeling this is much bigger than I first thought. But I know we need to get to the bottom of this fast."

"Yeah Kate has been getting her 'feelings' all day and tonight she just about hyperventilated when she smelled some big bad nasty had been checking out our motel room."

"Fuck. Ok Aaron. I'll be in touch in half an hour. Until then pay attention to Kate's feeling she has a track record I never ignore."

"Sweet. Bonus I'll be getting brownie points for listening to her."

"Bugger of bro. Catch you soon."

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

"Thorn, I've been trying to get hold of Lexi today, do you know where she is?" Gem asked as they made their way toward the pack grounds. Thorn and Lucas sat in front and the two women sat in back. The arrangement had apparently been so they could fill in the drive with some more wedding stuff. The men of course could argue over the best soundtrack for the trip. Possibly also finalising a little pack stuff.

"Actually she contacted me while I was in the middle of my romantic date with Luna and I was a bit short. What has you in a panic?"

"She stayed at the tattoo shop the other day after we left and that night Marcus rang while we were both on duty at the café and asked her to go back. Something seemed odd about it. The work was good and she was definitely not ready for more yet. I asked her what the story was and she said she could hear Nadiya and a man in the background and that Marcus seemed to be distracted. So can you just do the alpha thing and ask her to bloody call in or something?"

"For you Gem, no problem."