All Comments on 'Thorny Rose Ch. 03'

by JayDavid

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
arrowglassarrowglassover 9 years ago
Good story!

Liked the way you wrote this....well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
this is perfect

this is an amazing story that i truly love and it is not a crazy and wild story, it could have actually happened, however it was incredibly sexy :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
h

Well done bravo indeed

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great story

I really enjoyed the story and it was something that could actually be true as opposed to a lot of the stories on here. Great story. keep them coming.

AverygoodlayAverygoodlayover 9 years ago
Beautiful!

Could have been a true story, there are so many abused little girls and boys out there and the sick motherfuckers that grab them off the streets rape and beat them then film them to sell to other sick sons of bitches.

Happy ending at least for Rose.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Incredible story...

... well, actually, not so incredible; unfortunately it rings true for too many girls and young women. But it was a beautifully told, suspenseful, page-turner story. Perhaps best of all, it was told very sensitively given the events that led up to the conclusion. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
excelent finish

I thought this worthy of an expanded story line

the characters had good depth, they felt real

I really cheered whenever Dale did "the right thing"

It made it romance with just a touch of dark

alabaster23alabaster23over 9 years ago

5/5 I really hope more stories like this will be written in the future!!

Kookaburra8Kookaburra8about 9 years ago
Loved it

Great story and beautifully written from start to finish.. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Nice

I wish I could get a girlfriend like her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great story. Great writer.

I like the characters of both Rose and Dale. Rose is of course every guy's dream comes true. Dale, though not particularly heroic, has everything a girl in Rose's situation would want - the mild mannerism, the control, and the friendship. Great work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Too many extraneous details

Lettuce? Really? Also, people talk in contractions, not formal language.

FiveWolvesFiveWolvesabout 8 years ago
Her mother told them?Her mother told them where Rose was?

Absolutely not. Do you know any mothers (including your own)? There is no way in HELL that would happen (unless she's the worst mother on the planet).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Beat to death

Well when one is beat to death and has low moral standing as her mother had already showed by ignoring her daughter being raped then I would say I am surprised she didn't give them the info sooner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Major character flaw

If Dale was as good a character as the author would like us to believe, he would not told a sexually abused young woman, whose abusers were after her, that he would leave her if she didn’t have sex with him. I get that he’s a high school virgin, but damn, that was an asshole move.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I agree with Anonymous below: Dale has some nasty "nice guy" vibes. Is argue he crosses the line into emotional abuse of Rose.

The woman he supposedly loves is a deeply traumatized victim of childhood sexual violence, suffering PTSD. After working his way in as her closest friend and primary support system, he chooses a moment of maximum personal stress for her to issue an ultimatum. Rose must either give him sex, he demands, or he will abandon her (while she's terrified and fleeng her violent abusers in a hotel room he bought, no less!). This kind of coercive manipulation is emotional abuse.

He really fits the "nice guy" stereotype well. He literally says "I was pissed. I thought I had done everything right, . . . and then she ran again, just when things were getting good. I was really tired of being the patient, good guy. I had been doing that for months, and all it had gotten me was frustrated. . . It was time for me to stand up for myself." He put the nice guy tokens in, so he's mad that sex didn't fall out. He sees himself as a victim because she asks him to wait... After he said he didn't mind waiting. He's a manipulative liar.

Later, after they become intimate, he thinks about how he's almost as glad that she trusts him enough to open up to him about her trauma as he is that she's putting out. Almost. He also takes a moment to appreciate the "professional" quality of her fellatio--a skill she developed literally while being raped as a child.

The kind of damage this sort of selfish, coercive behavior can cause in an abuse survivor is incalculable. And he never seems to have a moment where he realizes he's objectifying, fetishizing, manipulating, and harming this girl he pretends to love. I don't see much evidence that he can separate love from sex.

If any young people find yourselves being manipulated in this way in a relationship, please know that it is not healthy or good. One does not have to "take a leap of faith" with one's body in order to hang onto a decent partner. It is, sadly, all too normal for partners to use these pressure tactics, especially when young men are socialized to think that women owe them sex for kindness, if they just "do everything right." But it isn't right. We need to stop normalizing it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous