Threading the Needle Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As the car continued to accelerate, Yamile looked at the speedometer. "Sweetie, you're doing 60 in a 45," she said gently. "You don't want to get a ticket."

Glancing down, Marika realized she was right. As she let off on the gas, she felt bitter tears starting to leak out of her eyes. She wiped with one hand while she kept her attention on the road.

Yamile looked at her friend. "That's what the problem is," she thought. Reaching over, she put her hand on Marika's shoulder. "I'm sorry," she said. The words were simple but the emotion in them was strong.

Looking over for a moment, Marika nodded, not trusting her voice right then.

"Sweetie, there is a Starbucks up there. Let's get a mocha or something," Yamile told her.

Shaking her head, Marika drove past it. "It's no big deal, not compared to what is going on with you, Yamile," she said.

"Don't be silly. It is a big deal and I love you too much to just ignore it, no matter what is going on with me," Yamile chided her. She looked down the road. "Hey, what do you know, another Starbucks. Please pull over, Marika."

This time, Marika obeyed. Neither of them spoke as they went in and ordered. Not until they were seated back in a corner, did Marika say something.

"I know that you and Liz were a bit suspicious of Samuel, but I didn't want to believe. Not until I found out he spent part of last weekend with his secretary, with Kieran along, like it was a date!" She closed her eyes and tried to will the tears away but it didn't work. Yamile handed her one of the extra napkins she grabbed. Giving her a little smile, she dabbed at the tears.

"How did you find out?" Yamile asked.

"Because he is an idiot. He convinced Kieran not to say anything to me, but he didn't think that maybe he would say something to someone else. I overheard him talking with Rosa," Marika said.

"Rosa? She didn't say anything to me!" Yamile exclaimed.

Reaching over, Marika patted her on the hand. "I asked her not to, not yet. Yamile, you have too much on your mind to worry about this. She saw that, Yamile. She wouldn't have lied to you, but she was going to let me tell you at the right time." Marika frowned. "And this wasn't it."

"I understand, but Sweetie, don't shut me out. I will be here for you just as you are for me. That's what friends do," Yamile said. She turned her hand up so that she could hold Marika's. "I have to say, Samuel's secretary is okay, but she isn't nearly as good looking as you. I mean, she just looked trashy."

Marika's head drooped.

"What?" Yamile asked. A pit opened in her stomach.

"That isn't his secretary. I don't know who that is. For all I know he picked up one of the whores around here," Marika said.

"That bastard," Yamile hissed. She almost blurted out what she was thinking, but managed to cut off. "Why does a good man get killed while this slime ball is still alive?" was too horrible even to say. Looking at Marika, she could tell the thought had already occurred to her.

"What are you going to do?" Yamile asked. For the first time, she saw a flare of the normal strong Marika, as if she had suddenly come to a conclusion.

"Divorce his cheating ass," Marika said firmly.