Threading the Needle Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Slowly, Liz lowered her lips, anticipating the moment when they touched. It was an electric feeling as they kissed for the first time. She knew Rikki felt it too. Her deep sigh and parting of her lips made that clear. Liz wasted no time in slipping her tongue into her waiting mouth. She heard Rikki moan as her tongue explored it. Rikki's tongue quickly sought out hers, as if it didn't want hers to be alone for long. Her grip on Liz grew stronger, pulling her closer so that their bodies molded together. The kiss deepened and an urgent feeling of passion overwhelmed Liz. She rolled on top of Rikki.

Suddenly, Liz was aware that both of them were naked. She couldn't recall when they took off their nightclothes, but she didn't bother to figure that out. She loved the feeling of Rikki's soft skin against hers. Her big breasts pushed up against her and she felt the hard nipples poking against her chest. As she moved, Rikki opened her legs so that she could slide between them. One of Rikki's arms was around her neck while the other one ran through her hair. She matched every bit of passion that Liz showed. The wetness between her legs was already apparent against Liz's belly. Better than that, she felt how Rikki was moving against her, slowly grinding her pussy to make her desire clear.

"God, yes. Liz, you feel so good! I need you so much," Rikki gasped as she broke away from the kiss. Her lips caressed her lover's cheeks and then her neck. "I need your love!"

"I waited so long. All the others ... I was just filling time, Rikki," Liz said, almost crying. She kissed her again, moving up a little as Rikki arched her back to press up against her. Her tongue thrust into Rikki's mouth, going in as deep as she could. She slid it back and forth, fucking her mouth the way she always longed to do. It had the desired effect.

"Fuck," Rikki moaned. "You feel so good. I knew it would. More! Please more!" Her body ground against Liz, and she placed a hand on her shoulder, pushing down. She pressed down with an urgency punctuated by her whimpers of need.

Liz was happy to oblige her. She shifted and began to make her way down Rikki's body. As soon as she could reach them, she kissed and licked at her big breasts. Her own excitement surged as Rikki proved herself to be just as responsive as Liz dreamed. Every kiss or nibble forced a loud groan from her. She urged Liz on, telling her how good it felt. "I've never been this excited! So much better than Samuel!" she cried.

Still, her hands pushed down on Liz's shoulders. She clearly wanted the sensation of Liz's mouth on her pussy. More than that, she showed that she needed it. As Liz's kisses trailed over her belly, it wasn't necessary to urge her on anymore. She quickly moved ever lower, coming closer with each kiss. Rikki's pussy smelled so good, better than any before. Liz knew it would taste better too. Her mouth watered as she anticipated her first taste.

When she arrived, she pushed herself up so that she could look it. On a number of rafting trips, she caught fleeting glimpses of Rikki's pussy as she changed. It was always accidental, but still she found it impossible to look away. As she gazed at it now, it seemed even more tantalizing. The neatly trimmed brown hair scarcely hiding the inflamed lips that gaped open to reveal everything she desired.

Looking up at her beautiful best friend, Liz spoke with a voice that was husky with lust. "This will be better than anything you've experienced," she said. "I'm going to make you scream!"

"I know you will, Liz," Rikki replied. Her hips lifted and opened her pussy in anticipation. "Eat me!" she pleaded. "I don't want to wait any longer!"

Liz dipped her head down to finally taste what she wanted for so long. Her tongue stroked Rikki's pussy in a long sinuous way that caused her to curl her toes and raise her lower body. She wanted more of Liz's experienced tongue. When Liz swirled her tongue around her clit, she couldn't stop a loud gasping. The touch drove her mad with desire. Her hands went back down to grasp Liz and force more contact. Liz felt her fingers tangle in her hair and pull, but she didn't care. Her only thought was to give Rikki the pleasure she promised.

Slipping slightly further down, she slowly pressed her tongue in between Rikki's labia. The sweet nectar of her pussy freely flowed into her mouth and Liz happily swallowed all she could. Now the flick of her tongue was right at the entrance to the source of that tasty juice, and she pushed past and drove her tongue into Rikki's pussy. Her new lover rewarded her with a long shriek. Her hips jerked and pushed against Liz, grinding so that Liz's tongue went even deeper. Liz moved it back and forth, stretching as far as she could. After a moment of that, she began to fuck Rikki with her tongue. It came almost all the way out, causing Rikki to groan with frustration before thrusting it in deep with as much force as possible. Each time she did it, she heard exclamations of pleasure. From the way that Rikki was grinding against her, there was no doubt about how much Rikki liked it.

"Oh, fuck! Fuck! FUCK!" Rikki cried out. "Jesus, fuck me like that. More! I need more!"

Sliding her hand under Rikki's ass as it flexed up and down, Liz sought out her little rosebud. The slick juices dripped down over it, making it slick. It was easy for her to work her fingertip into Rikki's ass.

"Oh! Oh, God! My ass! Yes, just like that! Liz, you're amazing! Why did I wait? Oooooh!" Rikki moaned. Her body twitched and Liz could tell how close she was. Her finger slipped in deeper, and Rikki responded to it without any hesitation. Her cries grew in volume and intensity. She was moments away from a huge orgasm.

The bedroom door opened and Liz heard a lisping childish voice. "Mommy?"

With a jerk, Liz sat bolt upright in bed with her heart thudding heavily in her chest. She looked over at the door. It took her a moment to realize it was closed. Feeling confused, she looked over at her lover.

"No, not lover," she realized, as she saw Marika curled up facing away from her and clutching a pillow in her arms. The emotional high that carried over from the dream fled, leaving an empty feeling. She fell back against her pillow and tried to prevent the tears that threatened to overwhelm her. "It was just a fucking dream," she told herself. While disappointment crushed her, the excitement from the dream still surged through her body. It was hard to resist trying to make her dream a reality. "Maybe she really wants it and is just afraid," she tried to tell herself, but even as she did, Liz knew it was a lie. "She's not a lesbian. I'll destroy our friendship."

She took in a deep breath and held it as she forced herself to calm down. When she let it out, she did it again, closing her eyes this time. After a couple more breaths, she felt in control. She let the final breath out in a long sigh.

Glancing over at Marika, it was easier to see her now. The early predawn light was starting to filter into the room. Marika muttered a little and rolled over onto her other side, bringing the pillow with her. It was a barrier between them. Liz both resented and appreciated it. It blocked her from trying to hold Marika, and she was pretty sure that if she did, she couldn't stop. It was better this way.

Liz rolled onto her side, pushing her pillow into a ball so it propped up her head. She watched Marika as she slept. Her face was more peaceful that Liz could remember. "Not happier," she thought to herself. When she was rafting, Marika almost always had a joyous smile on her full lips. Those lips were now slightly open and Liz heard her soft breaths. Even rafting, however, didn't give her the peace of this sleep. "I hope my being here is why," she thought. Maybe she couldn't give her the type of love Liz wanted to, but she could still show how much she cared and help her best friend through this rough time.

Without thinking, Liz reached out and ran her fingers gently through Marika's hair. The sleeping woman muttered again and hugged her pillow a little tighter. As Liz continued, a little smile appeared on Marika's face, but she didn't otherwise stir.

Afraid of waking her, Liz stopped touching her after another moment and put her hand down on the bed. It brushed very lightly against Marika fingers. There was a slight start and Marika opened her eyes, though they were still full of sleep. "Good, you're still here," she murmured and she grabbed Liz's hand and pulled it against her pillow. Within a minute, Liz could tell she was back asleep for the way her breath went back into the steady rhythm.

For another hour, Liz stayed like that, just watching Marika sleep as she held her hand. Despite being tired, sleep never threatened. The other woman was too entrancing. The dream was cruel, but getting this time was almost worth it. When the alarm went off, Marika finally let go of her hand. Quickly, Liz switched it off before it did its job. Once again, Marika slipped back asleep without really waking,

Liz got up and found one of Marika's robes to wear downstairs. She didn't know much about Marika's morning patterns, but one thing hadn't changed in all the years she knew her. The only way to start the day was a strong cup of coffee. She found what she needed to make a pot. Within ten minutes, she was heading back up to the bedroom with two mugs.

"Wake up, sleepyhead," she said as she set them down on the nightstand. When that didn't work, she flicked on the little light beside the bed and sat down beside Marika. Shaking her shoulder slightly, she tried again. "Rikki, time to get up."

"Mrummphf," Marika said and turned over to face away.

"I've got coffee," Liz said in a singsong.

"Coffee?" Marika said lifting her head up. Her voice was horse with sleep. "You've got coffee?"

"Yes."

Marika rolled back over and looked at the nightstand. After sighting the coffee, she looked up. "Thank God! I love you, Elizabeth," she said as she reached out for the cup.

Liz felt her heart clench a little. The casual way she said it left no room for misunderstanding her meaning. "She's not like me. She can only give me this much," she told herself. "You'd say that to anyone offering you coffee," she said aloud. "You're a slut for coffee."

"True," Marika said as she picked up the cup with the unadulterated black coffee. She knew Liz liked hers with milk and sugar, although on the river she might make do with just sugar. Either way, it wasn't how she liked it. She sipped as much as she could without burning herself. "Oh, yes," she moaned in a way that was disturbingly erotic to Liz.

"What time is it?" Marika asked. Liz lifted her cup so that she could see the clock. "6:30? I've got to get going." She wasn't late, but she needed to wake Kieran, get him dressed, and then fed, while also doing the same for herself in addition to a shower.

"How about I help with Kieran? You just worry about yourself," Liz told her.

"Oh Liz, thanks," she replied. Marika paused to look at her friend and give her a big smile. "I really do love you, you know. Thanks for being my best friend," she said.

This time it didn't hurt as much. This was all Liz ever expected, whatever dreams her subconscious wanted to inflict upon her. "Me too," she said as she got up and headed towards Kieran's room to try out her theory about waking boys with tickling.

*****

On Saturday morning, Lena headed over to eastern Washington by herself. Originally, she planned on driving with Winnie, since they both expected to work the Wenatchee. Almost all the rookies were working there. Liz and Bear were in charge, while Weston was on the Methow. Logan was one of the guides there. Winnie went out with him on Thursday. When Lena called her on Friday, it was apparent that it had gone well. Logan got Weston to assign Winnie to the Methow, the sole rookie guide on the more desirable river.

"Did you have to sleep with him to get that?" Lena asked over the phone, with a chuckle. There was an uncomfortable silence that dragged on. "Oh my God, you did, didn't you?"

"Well yeah, but not to get the Methow. We had a good time last night and I wanted to," Winnie said.

"How was he?" Lena asked.

Winnie squirmed in her chair at work. She didn't want to talk about it. Finally, she answered. "It was great. I'm sure he liked it too. If not, why would he arrange for me to be there on the same river?" Her response didn't convey much enthusiasm. The truth was that it was okay. Trying to feel "normal," she was left feeling even more uncertain. Still, she wasn't ready to talk to anyone, especially a woman she kissed last weekend.

"I gotta run. I need to finish a report. I'll tell you more later," she said. As she hung up, Winnie thought about the kiss. Just the memory of that fanned more excitement than reflecting on having sex with Logan. The unsettled feeling deepened. Sighing, she went back to work, hoping that it would help distract her from her worries.

In the car, Lena sighed. A part of her felt jealous of Logan. The kiss from last weekend was nice. She wouldn't mind exploring a little more with Winnie. Of course, she would rather have time with Liz. She wasn't confident about her chances though. Indigo was working with them and without Alex. They didn't need a safety kayak on either of the rivers Weston was running this weekend, so Alex was taking advantage of the break to go off kayaking somewhere with her friends.

Lena assumed that would mean Liz would hook up with Indigo. There was a connection between the two of them, that much was clear. Still, Liz was unpredictable. It was impossible to guess what she would do on any given weekend. At least Lena was getting used to it and went into the weekends without any particular expectations. Rafting was fun, and if she wanted, she was sure that she could pick up clients as easily as Liz.

Still, the weekend wasn't as fun without Winnie, or Rikki for that matter, who had one of her off weekends. More than anyone else, Lena was friends with the two of them. This was the first day of rafting for her without one or the other of them. Usually they were on the same float, and then they hung out together after rafting. "It's not going to be the same," she said to the empty car.

When she got to the put-in, she looked around. "I guess Winnie is the only rookie on the Methow. I can see everyone else, except Rikki," she thought. She went over to say hi to them. All the guys were happy to see her. Although they knew she had no interest in them, they didn't take it personally. She got along with them all. In addition, the bikini top and jeans cutoffs showed her off nicely, even if they were aimed a different audience. Not surprisingly, Julie gave her the cold shoulder. "She's never quite to the point of being rude," Lena thought with a sigh. "She always stops just short of that. Not that I care." While she held a little flame of lust for her two straight friends, Julie left her cold. "I don't see what Sawyer sees in her." She tried to dismiss her from her mind.

The rookies were all hanging around waiting to be told to do something. Spying Liz, Lena headed over there. She didn't want her to think she was slacking, even if most other guides were. She fought to the urge to check her hair as she walked. "I don't want her to think I care that much." As she got close, Liz glanced over at her and then back to the paperwork she held. The usual flirtatious Liz didn't seem to be there. Even all the skin she was showing didn't get her any attention.

"Morning Liz," she said with her biggest smile. "How are you?" She hoped that she could get a flicker of interest, but it seemed to be pointless.

Liz looked over at her again. "Hey, Lena. I'm okay. You're on first float. Tell Linc and Bohdi they are too, and then all of you need to get your boats pumped up and ready. Indigo is your float leader," she said. Looking back at clipboard with the paperwork, she essentially dismissed Lena. For a moment, she waited, half expecting Liz to say something, anything, personal. It was quickly clear how unlikely that was.

"Okay," Lena said, drawing the word out to emphasize how odd she thought Liz's behavior was. Even that didn't spark any more attention and she just walked back to the group of first year guides. After delivering her message, she went and picked out a boat.

As she worked on pumping up all the thwarts of her raft, she noticed Indigo heading over to Liz. She couldn't help watching, feeling envious at how Indigo would get the attention that she craved. Surprisingly it didn't seem like Liz even looked up as Indigo approached. Although she talked to her a little longer that she did to Lena, it was the same business-like discussion. "She looks just as surprised as I bet I did," Lena thought. "I wonder if she has a date coming or something." She watched as Indigo obviously attempted to flirt with her, but it didn't get any response. After another couple of attempts, Indigo walked away. Heading towards the rafts, she glanced over her shoulder. It was easy to see her confusion.

Surprising herself, Lena felt sympathetic. "So far, it's just fun between me and Liz," she thought as she considered Indigo's troubled face. "I know they don't hook up every weekend that Alex isn't around, but even still, Liz isn't usually indifferent like this. There is at least some flirting. Today is nothing." It was odd. With her own raft ready, she wandered over to where Indigo was outfitting her boat. "Want a hand?" she asked. Indigo gave her a slightly wary look. After a moment, she nodded and the look disappeared.

"That would be nice," Indigo said. "Would you help me top off the raft?" She held out the long thick hose coming out of the barrel pump she was using. Lena nodded with a little smile. None of the guys could avoid making a joke about holding their hose. It was funny the first time, much less so the second, and stopped being funny after that, despite trying different variations on the theme. She appreciated that Indigo didn't try. With Lena holding the nozzle into the valve, it didn't take long before the tubes of the raft were tight and had little give to them.

Lena handed her all the various other bits that Indigo needed to full equip her raft. She took them silently and attached them in the proper places. They carried her raft over beside Lena's, to leave it in the shade of some trees. After that, they were both ready to head down to the takeout to drop off their cars. They walked side by side over to where they were parked. Neither one of them said anything. Indigo's SUV was closest. Opening it up, she got in, but before she could shut it, Lena looked at her and spoke.

"Hey, she didn't say almost anything to me either. I just wanted you to know," Lena quietly said.

Indigo looked at her and then nodded. "Thanks," she replied. Slowly she got a little smile. It was more sad than anything else, but it eased the tension between them. She nodded again and then shut the door, started the car, and then drove off.

Watching it as it disappeared down the dirt road back to the main one, Lena felt better. Other than the thing with Liz between them, she liked Indigo. She was totally genuine. Lena didn't understand the relationship she had with Alex, but she didn't hide it or apologize for it. It was what the two of them wanted right now. She supposed that Alex was just as free when she was away. Smiling, she softly sang under her breath, "If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with!" That fit with Indigo.

Lena looked over at Liz as she got into her vehicle to head down to meet the customers. "I can't sing that about her," she thought. "She doesn't love anyone." She made a little sigh. "Now why did I do that?" she wondered. "I like her, and she can make me cum so hard, but I'm not fooling myself. I don't love her." She thought about it all the way down to the takeout.