Three Bears Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yeah, but there are several kinds of wood that people order, some are more costly than others."

She snickered as she looked at me, "He didn't become the production manager at the window factory without knowing wood. He found your price list and knows what wood is where, like I said, it's covered."

"Yeah but, how'd you get in my house?"

"Wasn't very hard Bo, like most everyone else outside of town you don't lock your back door. Oh, and the mule is fine as well, he's ornery though, man do his farts stink."

I was trying not to laugh because when I did it hurt, "First off, he, is a she, and yes, she does stink, but she's a good worker."

The next three weeks seemed to fly by, I was once again answering the phone and working with Elliot. He grasped what wood was where rapidly, it was to the point that I seldom had to show him anything. With wood cut and split a year or more ahead I had plenty to fill everyone's order. The first time Hannah came to the house I was embarrassed, where I live isn't fancy, I had four walls, a roof, clean windows, running water and electricity. Not much else beyond old tattered and disheveled furniture. Compared to where she lived my place was a dump, but it was a dump I kept clean. When she asked to use the bathroom I was so happy I'd cleaned it from top to bottom that morning.

Walking back into what I called the living room she commented, "You keep a tidy home, you'll make some lucky girl a good husband, I'm especially impressed with the fact that the toilet seat was down."

We began spending more time together, we didn't become intimate although there seemed times that we both wanted to, I think being inexperienced made us extra cautious. With school started she was busy with her studies, she would come out once or twice during the week if her schedule allowed, we talked on the phone nearly every day. I'd been home a month and was feeling cooped up, the next time she called I suggested she go with me for pizza at Tony's. When she accepted I went out on a limb asking if I could pick her up at her house like a regular date. I could hear her talking with her hand over the phone for a minute before she came back on.

"Yes, I would like that. Daddy said that's the way a man picks up his date, at the girl's house. So, what time? In an hour, are you crazy? I hardly have time to get ready. Make it an hour and a half. Okay, see you then."

As I walked to the door I dreaded shaking her dad's hand, a firm handshake is important, but I was still feeling the aftereffects of the bullet that had ripped through my body. Opening the door he smiled and extended his left hand. I was momentarily confused.

"Come on in Bo, I know the right side is still tender, you'll need to shake my left hand. Come, come, my wife wants to formally meet you without the tubes and wires all over your body. My name is Everitt."

His handshake was firm without being overpowering, he was a stout man, broad chested, I figured around five foot ten or maybe a little taller. Gesturing me into the hallway he closed the door, as he did I faced an elegant lady exiting the kitchen, her face was soft, gentle, radiating natural beauty, it was clear where Hannah's tantalizing looks had come from. She was a few inches shorter than me, about the height of Hannah. She gently gave me a hug and stood back smiling.

"My name is Molly. I have to say Bo, you look much better without all that paraphernalia sticking out of your body. Are you feeling well, is the wound still so tender? Everitt and I were so shocked to think that our boy was a part of all this, he was raised better. I know he didn't pull the trigger, but still, he knew what that low life riding with him was capable of. He's done some bonehead things in the past, but this is the worst, we pray this opens his eyes, Lord knows he needs to."

I didn't want to get in the middle of that mess but wanted to let her know I wasn't angry with them or their son.

"I'm okay ma'am. I understand, and yes, the shoulder is much better. I'm not ready to run a chain saw or split wood but I can at least wash and take care of my hair without help. Thank you both for letting Hannah go with me tonight, I'll have her home early."

Her dad stepped forward putting his hand on my good shoulder, "Son, we trust you with her, any boy who'll take a bullet to be with her is okay with me, and she's almost 19, she knows what time to be home. Here she comes, you kids have fun."

If I had still been connected to all those monitors and gauges like I was in the hospital they'd have been vibrating off their stands. My heart was racing, my breathing was uneven, I could feel myself beginning to perspire as she walked to me. She was perfect, a beige mid-thigh skirt with some kind of patterned nylons, a dark brown pullover top and some of those wedge shoes that are raised a few inches in the back. Her makeup and hair were everything my mind had ever dreamed of, I couldn't get over how perfect she looked. Her voice broke the trance.

"Hi Bo, you look nice tonight. Are you ready for some pizza, not sure about you but I'm famished. Mama, daddy, don't wait up, not sure what time I'll be home, probably around midnight."

She took my arm and turned us toward the door. It sounds sick, but I found myself thinking getting shot had been worth it just to be with her, I was hoping this night and being with her would never end. We took her car considering it was far more comfortable than my beat-up old truck, her car wasn't new, but it was a far cry better than what I drove. Our time at Tony's had been fun until about ten minutes before we were going to leave when in walked Darryl Weeks and the two idiots that had been with him the night they harassed Hannah in the parking lot.

My back was toward the door, when it opened Hannah immediately went stiff, fear was in her eyes and the smile on her face vanished as she whispered "Darryl Weeks, oh no." I turned to see the guy and his stooges walking through the door, I was on my feet in a flash. They stopped in their tracks staring at me, I now understood the meaning of what I'd heard my mom say so many times, "if looks could kill". I've never been a religious guy but at that moment I prayed there would be no confrontation. Though my arm was no longer in a sling there was no way I could defend myself or Hannah considering the condition of my shoulder.

As they glared at me I noticed several other men standing up, one took off his glasses, another guy, a huge guy, stepped away from the table where his wife and kids were seated and walked toward the three. He pointed at them and in a strong, stern voice he told them what was about to happen.

"Not tonight Weeks, you aren't welcome here until they leave. If you think you're gonna pound on a man who took a bullet you're sadly mistaken, we'll put you three in the hospital. Your choice boys, and I do mean "boys".

Not a word was uttered by the three as they walked backward out the door. I looked at the big guy and then the others, muttering "thank you" to all of them. The big guy walked to our table, as I stood waiting for him he gestured for me to sit. The smallest of his brood was next to him with her little arms wrapped around his leg peeking at us.

"No need to thank us. This kind of shit has gone on far too long in this county, time it stopped. You youngsters finish your meal, it's on us. They won't be comin back here tonight, and if they mess with you anymore my wife works at the clinic, you let her know and I'll straighten him out real fast."

As I was listening to him I noticed the little one giggling and looking past me, as I looked she was playing hide and seek with Hannah, when Hannah held her arms out the little girl went to her. Hoisting her onto her lap they talked softly a minute or so, the little girl hesitantly touched her face and then smiled. Hannah did the same with her. She slipped off her lap and went to her mom, the big guy looked at me in what seemed to be a serious manner.

"You got a good one there son, take care of her or somebody else will. She's got that "mom" look, you don't wanna let this one get away."

Little did he know she was the only girl I had ever dated, I wasn't sure she was mine to let "get away" as he'd put it. It was time to go, I stood and with my good hand I reached to help her stand, to my surprise she didn't let go as we walked out. In the parking lot she hugged my arm tightly, looked in my eyes and said.

"Better not let go, you don't to lose me do you?"

I couldn't take it any longer, I stopped and turned to face her, we apparently had the same idea as she came closer and leaned in to kiss me. It was soft, warm, sensual in a way neither of us had ever known before. We weren't experienced in any sense of the word, but we were ready to show our mutual affection. With my good arm around her shoulder's I held her tightly, I didn't want her to get away. As we broke the kiss I relaxed enough for us to look at one another. Our eyes seemed to pierce the other to the very essence of our being, with one hand on my chest she spoke ever so softly.

"I've wanted to do that for a long time. Why did we wait so long?"

I flinched, "I know why I didn't, I wasn't sure you liked me until that day in the hospital, and since then I was afraid if I pushed things along too fast you wouldn't want to be my girl. I've never had a girlfriend Hannah, I've never held a girl's hand before tonight, and I've certainly never kissed a girl before you. I'm nuthin more than an uneducated Indian with not much to offer anyone regarding a future. I really like you and I wanna be with you, I can only hope you feel the same."

Her answer wasn't what I expected, "Well I've never had a boyfriend either, my brothers put the fear of God into anybody that showed any interest. I have kissed two other boys, both quick little smooches during a truth or dare game at Linda Carters graduation party. But what we just did, that was the first time I've kissed a man and it made me tingle all over, yes Bo, I feel the same about you."

I foolishly opened my mouth as we began to drive home, "You really wanna be with me, even if I don't have an education or a real job?"

She pulled to the side heavy on the brakes, gravel flying everywhere, when she was stopped she put it in park, glared at me and hissed.

"Three Bears I'd better never hear that crap coming from your mouth again."

She'd never used my tribal name before, needless to say she had my full attention.

"You aren't stupid, so cut the hick attitude and talk, I've heard you speak eloquently so don't try to play that game with me. As for an education, you and I are going to the tech school next week and get you signed up for the GED classes. A job .... You're right, selling firewood won't support a family, daddy has something he wants to ask but if he hears you talking like a hick he'll write you off. The ball is in your court Bo, do you want me or not?"

I was stunned and not sure what to say, she gave an exasperated sigh and put it back in drive, I put my hand on hers before she could pull onto the highway. Looking at me with what I thought were tears in her eyes I started.

"Yes Hannah, I want you more than anything, I always have. I'm willing to do whatever it takes, I'll get my GED, I'll talk with your dad, I just wanna, oops sorry, I just want to be with you. This is all new to me, everything about it is new. I don't know anything about dating."

She laughed softly, "Neither do I, we'll have to learn together."

I was on a roll, "Hannah, can I kiss you again?"

"I have a better idea Bo, it's a warm night, why don't we spend awhile at Potters Point? It'll be quiet and we can talk more about us."

Cutting, skidding, splitting and stacking wood as a living the past years had left me with no extra weight and almost all muscle. I felt as though I was a tough character, but the discomfort of the bullet wound would at times be more than I wanted to bare. I had some mild pain killers but was hesitant to take one for two reasons, I didn't want Hannah to think I was hooked on drugs, and I wanted to be fully alert when we talked. As we drove she reached her hand over and held mine, I had tensed a few times when we'd driven over a rough spot which caused her to slow down and stop.

"Bo, what's wrong? Does your shoulder hurt? You didn't take your pain pill did you!" I shook my head. "Darned your hide Bo. There's a water bottle in the glove compartment, take your pill. How are we going to kiss anymore if you're in pain?"

By the time we made Potters Point I was feeling more at ease, the pain had morphed into discomfort for the most part. It wasn't gone entirely but enough that I could be pleasant and carry on a conversation. I never knew how incapacitating something like a bullet wound could be, I would never again look at a purple heart license plate without empathy. The mosquitos at the point were in ravenous mode so we stayed in the car with the a/c running. We tried kissing over the console, only to determine that was a waste of time, holding hands we talked about earlier.

"Would you have fought those guys Bo? I mean with your shoulder and all. I never have liked that Weeks boy, he isn't nice to people."

I sat with me head back and my eyes closed, "I would have tried but I don't think I could have done much to protect you. I have a question for you as well. What did that guy mean when he said you have the "mom" look?"

"I'm not sure, I'm going to ask mother when I get home. That had me baffled to. Bo (long pause), do you want to have kids when you get married?"

I knew the answer without having to think about it, "Yes, I want kids and I'm determined to be a good dad, not like my old man was with me. What about you, do you want to have kids?"

She gave her answer about as much thought as I had, "Absolutely, at least three, maybe four, I know for sure I don't want just one. I plan to wait until I'm done with school before I get married and then a few years before I start having babies."

She had it all planned out, I couldn't help but hope I would eventually be a part of her future plans, I know I wanted to. We headed to her place just after ten, arriving about ten thirty, noticing there were citronella candles burning on the screened in porch as she pulled into the driveway. There was no other light, only the candles, she smiled and said quietly.

"Daddy, he thinks of everything, how sweet of him. He wants us to be together on the porch swing like he and mama used to. He was born in that house and courted mama on that swing all through high school. Come, let's see if we fit like they did."

Kissing was awkward for both of us, me with a tender shoulder, her with a short skirt that tended to ride up if she sat sideways. With her finger on my lips she whispered.

"Stay right here, I'm going to get into pants so we can do this without either of us being uncomfortable."

She came back in loose jeans and a tee shirt, told me to scoot right so she could snuggle into my left side and gently snaked her arms around my neck. She made sure there was no pressure on my right side which gave me enough confidence to raise my right arm putting it around her waist, my left was around her shoulders. When I moved my hand it brushed against her breast which made me panic, she took it in stride.

Breaking the kiss she told me, "I know it wasn't on purpose, that will come in time. But ... did you like what you touched?" Then she giggled into my neck.

My dick was no longer getting hard, it was solid, pushing uncomfortably against my pants, thankfully they weren't very tight affording me a bit of room for expansion. I think she realized my condition because we began winding down our make out session and started talking again. It was just past eleven when we had talked long enough for my cock to soften and not feel like a flagpole in my pants. Walking me to the truck she informed me that I was expected for dinner on Sunday evening, five thirty, don't be late.

I watched her walk to the house, stopping at the door and waving to me. My heart was aflutter, how I wished my mother were still alive to meet Hannah and if my dreams came true, to meet our children. Sadly, she would never see her grandkids, but it would have made her happy. Hannah and I would talk on the phone each evening, with school she didn't have time to break away or ignore homework, I settled for seeing her the following Sunday. The daily PT was beginning to pay dividends, that week I had gone without any pain meds at all, I was also able to raise my arm above my head, it didn't happen pain free, but it was progress.

By the end of Friday's PT session I was told my schedule going forward would be PT three times a week and to use my arm as I wished within reason. If it didn't hurt or cause great discomfort she told me to use my arm and begin building the muscle strength again. When I told Hannah she sort of cooed and purred at the same time.

"Mmm, good. Now you can hold me like I want you to. Never know where that might lead. It'll be good to have your arms around me, I've dreamed of that several nights. Oh, I forgot to tell you. Larry is to go before a judge in a few weeks, nobody has any idea what the outcome might be. I'll see you five thirty on Sunday. I miss you."

Being righthanded I had taught myself to do everything with my left hand, the PT lady suggested I begin using my right more than what I had been using it for, mainly to wash and shave. I also decided I'd ask Hannah if she thought I should shorten the length of my hair, it was half-way down my back. I spent Saturday doing little things around the place, Belle was happy to see me as I brought her a bucket with grain. I picked up the saw and was going to give it a pull, better sense dominated, thankfully, who knows how much progress I may have eliminated.

Sunday dinner was both tasty and interesting. As Hannah led me through the front door I realized the room was full of people I didn't know. As she held my hand I was introduced to her oldest brother, his wife and kids. The kids were cute, his wife very cordial and polite, the brother? Meh, he looked like he had no use for me whatsoever and when I winced as he over emphasized the handshake he let go and blurted.

"What the hell Hannah, bad enough you got hooked up with a damned Indian, but he's a wimp as well."

Molly was on him like stink on shit, "You shut your dirty mouth boy. Why you wanna be like that? You hated it when you were called names and here you are doing the same thing."

As if that wasn't bad enough her dad stepped in, nose to nose, "This "damned Indian" as you so rudely called him, is the boy that took a bullet because he likes your sister. You need to apologize."

By the time his wife got in his face he looked like a whipped puppy, "David you stupid ass. We've spent years trying to teach our kids not to be racist and you destroy it all in less than a minute. Molly, I think we should go, sorry for all the trouble we caused."

Her mother wasn't having any of it, she grabbed David by the arm, "Tell that man you're sorry and do it like you mean it, otherwise Sharon is right, you don't belong here tonight."

Long story short, he did apologize and though the evening was tense it still turned out alright. As they left just after eight Hannah and I adjourned to the porch swing, we'd been there about fifteen minutes talking when her folks came out and sat on the porch chairs opposite the swing. Holding hands they looked at us together.

Everitt spoke, "Listen you two, we can see you like each other a lot, and while some people still get all riled up over skin color that's their problem, not yours. If you like each other that much, then simply ignore them. But that's not the main reason we want to talk with you. Bo, it's obvious you hard work and long hours don't bother you. You're young, strong, intelligent, and it seems that you're determined to do more with your life than selling firewood. I have a proposition I'd like you to consider."