All Comments on 'Three is a Prime Number'

by AltheaRose

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
Hiding_in_PortlandHiding_in_Portlandover 8 years ago
Liked it, but....

I felt that it needed one more rewrite before being released. I think more anger from Jamie about being lied to about in regards to why Phoebe wanted Abby there. From the words as written Phoebe had every intention of cheating on Jamie with Abby, and Abby said she planned on attacking Jamie and Phoebe's relationship.

My thoughts at least.

I will most definitely keep reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I liked it but...

I wish Jamie showed some emotion. He has no reaction to any situation other than getting horny. That's understandable with 2 hot girls around, but in every situation where I expect a reaction - internal or external- all I get is a single sentence that proves insufficient.

I want to like this more but it's just hard to relate to the protagonist.

Btw, I think you've done well with Phoebe, and Abby. You should get a PR.

Looking forward to seeing more from you,

Threeson

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Loved It

A really interesting can of worms that is begging for more chapters. We need to hear about their history to better understand the love for each of them for Pheobe. 5 stars from me. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Will it work ?

Loved the story. Hope to see more between Phoeby and Jamie. A huge relationship needs to be discussed. Enjoy the way you are dealing with this. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I'm enjoying the story!

The sex bits are hot, and the relationship stuff is interesting and kind of intense. I am very much looking forward to seeing how these kids work everything out. Seriously, I'd be upset if you broke up any of these people. Don't do it! I want the fairy tale. :D

legsfeettoeslegsfeettoesover 8 years ago
Gave you 5 Stars

As always a great story. But some glitches that I forgive you for. You confused Abby and Phoebe a couple of times, had an awkward sentence on page 2, and had an "In" for an "An" (on page 3 I think).

I also need to comment that I would have no problem sharing my woman with another woman if that made her happy. To me, love is thinking more about your lover's happiness than your own.

arrowglassarrowglassover 8 years ago
Another inspiring story with in-depth characters...another very well done!

You craft the connection between them so believably...the promise of smoldering passion and need...and also hovering in the not-so-distant background the shadow that they are perhaps a ways from "Heaven." It is going to be interesting to see what is yet to come. Bring it on!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I don't know exactly how to feel about this. On one hand it was wonderfully written and had some very hot moments. But on the other hand, I don't know if I can bring myself to root for these people.

Phoebe plays the sweet innocent role who starts to cry the second something starts going a direction she doesn't want it to. I would of been able to get behind her so much more if she would of talked to him ahead of time.

But nope. She brought a woman into their home with the full intention of sleeping with her. That is cheating. She talked to him about it while her lover was waiting in the other room. Plus she was fully aware that she hurt him and he was angry about it, yet she still went and slept with her.

So I can't really sympathize with her when she is crying about the possibility he is upset with her.

And then there is Abby. I liked abby just fine until she said that she had every intention of coming their to try to steal Phoebe. Again, she was invited into his home and her plan was to steal his girlfriend. I don't know if her saying she doesn't want to do that anymore was supposed to make me like her more, but it didn't really help.

Then we have Jessie. I just want him to have more balls! He should of went to a hotel that first night. Sure Phoebe probably would of spent the whole night crying if he did. But what she did hurt him and he just took it. Gave her everything she wanted when she didn't really show any regard for his feelings.

So I wish that the ladies would of had to try to make it up to him and explain things. Let him be angry for a bit.

I just feel like everything is built around protecting Phoebe's delicate feelings, when it is her fault for this mess in the first place. Would of been so much better if she would of just talked it out in advanced.

So yeah. I think this group has the potential to be a really great trios. But it would of been much better if the started off on a better foot so I could feel like routing for them. Oh and no way in hell should it end up a V. If they can't make it work with all three of them after they sprung this on him, he should get out now.

Still think it was excellent writing. Just kind of frustrating though.

midor33midor33over 8 years ago
your best so far

great characterizations, hot sex, more to come. how could it be better?

rooster_1rooster_1over 8 years ago
Intrigued

Love the story and how you have built the characters. Can't wait to see how the story proceeds further!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Interesting story.

Fantastic writing, besides getting Abbey and Phoebe's name wrong, it was well crafted and interesting to read with emotion and intensity. Now as for their motives, that's another story...lolol... I feel Phoebe dropping such a heavy subject on him like her sexuality and not talking to him about it before hand and expecting him to be fine with it is so very wrong, and then saying she wishes to be selfish and have both of them and he get the raw deal as not being promised any time with her is hard to take. Both Abbey and Jamie treat Phoebe as she's breakable and must be careful not to disrupt her perfect little world. Have no doubt, Abbey is a Alfa person, she may not be male, but she is a very dominant person and likes it like that. I love how you have Jamie questioning himself about being a good boyfriend, is he being open to give them space or is he a push over. Again, great writing and I'm really looking forward to the next chapter....cheers

yesterdaysyesterdaysover 8 years ago

hot story. Nice work!+

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Character development

I'm not sure that I would be happy with Phoebe's lack of communication and behavior if I was Jaime, but I do find it very interesting that most of the comments posted have elicited SOME emotional response about the characters. There aren't any rules that say we have to LIKE all the characters in the story. Part of the intrigue is discovering what happens to resolve the tension created by the characters' behaviors. I think that having some emotional response to the story is a reflection of the quality of the writing. I love this author's writing and I am looking forward to the next chapter.

ProfDavrosProfDavrosover 8 years ago
Real fantasy or fantastic reality

Loved this story ... For those who wanted the characters to behave more righteous or stereo-typical.. This situation happened for me, and I had stronger but similar emotional confusion. People are complex and rarely experience only one emotion at a time in such a complicated arrangement.

Springing the news on Jamie might have been disrespectful but real. Giving such news to your lover when feeling a conflict of desires can be paralysing.

These three are working out real, complex issues and feelings. Love it.

p.s. Jamie is a lawyer, analytic and not hot headed. His reaction of anger, but patient is believable, as he tries to work out how he feels. He wonders why he is not stereotypically reacting like a Neanderthal is priceless. So many would judge him "un-manly" for not asserting his superiority. He couldn't do that though if he really loved Phoebe.

Loved the "dack" at the beach! Fun.

kentucky43kentucky43over 8 years ago
Great as always.

It is so much more challenging to develop characters in a short story as opposed to a novel, but it seems to work very well here. Is the Alpha female giving up control over love? Is the Beta male giving up what control he has over love? Will they both lose or both win? Who knows since the story has only begun. What I do enjoy is that the author is putting herself in the mind of the male and is believable. I am no writer, but in my opinion that has got to be an extremely difficult thing to do. Can't wait for the next one.

bixxx55bixxx55over 8 years ago
Another great story from AltheaRose

I have to admit it. I'm a big fan of AltheaRose's stories. She always features well-developed characters who face som unusual and, in some cases, uncomfortable situations. This new story is no exception. It's well written, very literate and a joy to read. I am really looking forward to the next installment when we find out how these people face and deal with a somewhat discomforting situation. Thanks, AltheaRose for these new interesting characters.

WolfDesireWolfDesireover 8 years ago
Fantastic Story

I found this story by reading the comments left as I searched through the list of "Stories By Category". A few people stated this was another great story by a great author.

After reading this story, I'm very glad that they were not only RIGHT but maybe even short on the praises.

There are few stories on Literotica with such character development, while laying down a great start to a beautiful story. I can't wait to read more.

Of course, I'm not sure if I would have been able to handle it the same way as Jamie, that first night.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Quickly becoming a fan of your writing

And hoping your characters can work it out. I'm (completely flabbergasted to be) in a V myself and still working out the details.

ValendonValendonabout 8 years ago
Love it!

Althea, hon, I just love your stories!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
not your same old story, but it could be.

i like it but,

change Abby to Abe and ''her smile'' to ''his smirk'' and this is a cuckold story.

Phoebe basically says '' if you love me you will let me do this. i need this."

and he gives permission, and she goes to her lover.

this is not really my idea of a committed relationship,

but then i'm not writing it either.

i just wanted to make the point that since he didn't ask for this,

she's a real shit for springing it on him.

how much does she really love him?

how many men or women would agree to their significant other fucking someone else,

in the next room.?

how on earth do you get any sleep while that is going on.?

i guess my monogamy is showing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
WOW

Great story and there has to be more to it. ( from lowkeyone )

pinkroguepinkroguealmost 8 years ago
Love the story

You explain and use the characters well. Even made me horny being in a similar situation myself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
After reading the comments I have decided that I hate all these people too.

As a guy I have no idea what I would do. The guy in this story didn't start having a GF till later after college, these women are messing with some guy who has very little experience.

~Pervus

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Re: not your same old story, but it could be.

No, it is as abusive as it seems. H2O where 2H is two selfishness and O is one codependence, no love here to see, folks, move along... Vees always suck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Jamie has no balls at all, he just let the 2 of them walk over him.

he was manipulated by both Phoebe and Abby about her trip and he is still being manipulated. Why can't writers write a guy not being a wimp or push over or a cuckold. It's starting to really suck reading stories on here.

he gets mad but the second she shows him a nanosecond of attention it's "okay , go do what you want to do."

They owe him major and their treating him like crap and he is allowing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
old girlfriend

he should invite an old girlfriend to visit and say he is sleeping with her for emotional support. i wonder how his girlfriend would react probaly start crying, he should then tell her i need this for me baby you understand

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
WARNING: UNFINISHED

Even though chapter 02 ends with "To be continued...," it has not been, to this date.

Even though AltheaRose has since made 8 other submissions.

See my fuller comment on chapter 02. Same date.

Paul in Oklahoma

SteveWallaceSteveWallacealmost 4 years ago
No continuation. Leaves readers hanging.

One star for baiting and desertion!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not a single likable character...

...of the three main.

Seriously...they all suck.

Is it 'sexier' because it is two women? Sure, but if this was Jamie springing an ex/sort of lover on Phoebe...if, in fact, Abby was there for him, only the most misogynistic males would not be up in arms. Because it is a girl, we now accept wanton cheating? Phoebe KNEW who was visiting and why, KNEW what was going to happen. Nobody thinks that is important in a relationship?

Also, he's garbage as a lawyer if he overlooks the obvious crime for emotion. Especially since he is cast AS a typical 'cold' lawyer, not one with a soft heart. Commenters inverting that as an excuse to fanboy/girl the writer must all exist in a magical world.

Then Abby almost could have pulled off some 'innocence', but nope...she admits she arrived with ill-intentions.

AR couldn't have written three less sympathetic characters for one story if she tried. If this were presented to my Writer's Group, or ANY self-respecting such group, it wpuld have been sent back to the drawing board.

The women are bad people that deserve each other and their future-cheating-on-each-other selves, and Jamie is a 'smart guy' too stupid to realize he was/is being played.

With nobody to root for or even care a little bit about, three may be a prime number, but two was two chapters too many.

Janrene3Janrene3over 2 years ago

Category: group sex?

I would say cuckold instead.

This is not a girlfriends surprise to spice up a relationship, this is an attack on the couples relationship.

He is in the dark from the beginning, and Abby just steams on and on - her needs to be fulfilled first and foremost. She even admits it was her intention to steal Phoebe from him! I see no redeeming character in Abby!

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusover 1 year ago

Technically this is superior -- no glaring errors in grammar, syntax, spelling, or punctuation. That counts for a lot. You even seem to have mastered the difference between the transitive "lay" and "raise" on the one hand and the intransitive "lie" and "rise" on the other. That counts for a lot. But even with that huge plus, I am withholding the 5th star. ////

You fall down on the characterization. Jamie is supposed to be the epitome of nobility. He doesn't carry it off, which means you don't carry it off. Compared with Abby, Phoebe is a mere placeholder; she's two-dimensional flat. ////

I will read the second installment, but without alacrity.

striker24striker24over 1 year ago

Having to jerkoff because your 'girlfriend' is cuckolding you in your own condo. Didn't even ask him to join. It isn't cheating because it's sex with a woman...I had to stop reading this sexist shit is so bad.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Great story, and VERY well written. I do feel that Phoebe should have been more upfront about her feelings/past history with Abby...she just doesn't seem to be the kind of person to invite a lover to visit without letting Jamie know what was almost certain to happen....or even what she intended to have happen. This strikes me as a lapse in characterization. But still....5 stars, and I'm looking forward to Part II. (Jamie, by the way, is altogether believable: he's hurt, but loves Phoebe deeply and is a genuinely good guy.)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAltheaRose@AltheaRose
2007 Followers
July 25, 2021 Friends, I have returned from an extended break and have posted a new story. I plan to post others, but not at a fast pace. Thank you.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES