All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 136'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 287 Comments
TheFerventReaderTheFerventReaderabout 3 years ago

HES BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!

naughtymangadannaughtymangadanabout 3 years ago

Justice league and another chapter in one week ;)

SorchakSorchakabout 3 years ago

Just a personal gripe: it was too damned short!! Well, and I read too damned fast. I had this chapter finished in less than an hour. *sigh* Oh, well. Nothing to do now but wait for the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Oh damnit, blasted through this story so fast lol. The wait for 137 is going to be excrutiating as well, but damn, so looking forward to it. This series would make one hell of a tv sci fi run, if there was a way to just use the space battles without all the sex.

FrikaFrikaabout 3 years ago

Finally.

John takes control of his wayward guide... unlocking further improvements no doubt for his dimutive yet deadly ship... i can see sparks having fun with the improvements... now they need to gather those thrall ships..... 5☆ Teffler.. cant wait fot the next chapter....

CelticMommyCelticMommyabout 3 years ago

By the Great Goddess, mother of my soul! Tefler... John finding his true name has me crying with joy and laughing maniacally at how he and Athena and the others are going to decimate the progenitors... cause yeah John and Athena aren't / that/ their Kyth'faren!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
The same formula with an exception

A lot of your chapters recently have gone the same way; a fight (if there is one) where everything is going poorly, then some new amazing revelation, and then they beat (insert name). Afterward, John is usually feeling some sort of guilt, and the girls rush in to comfort him; with sex or otherwise. This chapter was the same way, with an exception. The whole flashback to Alyssa’s previous life was a great diversion from the regular formula, and I enjoyed it! You did a great job with that section, and I and most likely others as well would enjoy it more if you diverted from the same structure that it seems a lot of the chapters are based upon. I hope you do not read this as hate, as it's just my thought process when reviewing this chapter. I apologize for the essay.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Bruv. You right one of the best books I've read in a long while. The long wait for the next chapter will be excruciating. Would ask for you to be quicker but excellence tales time. Big up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

It made me cry, and I don't cry much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Intriguing opening for next chapters

This chapter has opened up a whole vista of possible new twists and turns in the evolving plot. Will John be able to locate another Kyth'faren archive deep in the Astral plain? When will John find Malnerak's laboratory and unravel its secrets? When will he locate and retrieve Larnkellnar's fleet(s). What mind blowing method will Dana come up with to (a) locate a Progenitor's ship in space from far away, and what method will she come up with the immobilize them once she finds them so that other Progenitors can be eliminated?

The author's possibilities are hinted at in this chapter and the previous ones. All I have to do is wait patiently for the next episodes!

AZTT2AZTT2about 3 years ago

Thanks for a great chapter

NorthernGuyYTNorthernGuyYTabout 3 years ago

Feel privileged to have read another instalment. Thank you Tefler.

wallposterwallposterabout 3 years ago

Writing is hard, thank you for providing this to us for free.

But really you almost had something here. The guide was very right, and John does almost everything with little thought for the future or the impact on others. He /is/ enslaving women, nations, races. He /does/ conquer and enjoy the benefits. His path has been largely reactionary, and most consequences unintended. Narratively, this is really interesting to have the protagonist face and deal with..

But then as usual whenever these problems came up in prior chapters, his love slaves would pat him on the head insistently until he acquiesced and moved on. Exactly the same here. No reckoning for his actions, no change in character for any of them. "I fear I have turned you all into slaves who are unable to think other than happy about it" "Don't worry, we are happy slaves" Many times (with each recruitment) John has felt morally conflicted and each time the dilemma has been blithely deflected. Now was the final moral boss battle.. with just more deflections. To me, it is a pity and a deficiency in most of the story beats so far. Eventually john will have to reckon with the problems of his accidental galactic empire of slaves, hopefully. It will likely be ignored though

All that said, good flavor on Alyssa's past. Very nice touch

wolverine006wolverine006about 3 years ago

We finally learn some of the details of Alyssa's backstory. (SPOILERS AHEAD) We long suspected that Alyssa prostituted herself, and now this is positively confirmed. We also learn of the circumstances surrounding her childhood, filled with fear, abandonment, loss, shame, humiliation, shattered hopes, physical and mental abuse, and the sense of complete helplessness. She did not want to share this with John, but did she share this with her wards when she bonded with them? I would think yes, she had to, right?

Does anyone see the similarities between Alyssa and the family separations that occurred on the US southern border where infants and children were taken from their parents?

And BTW, those shameless psychopathic fuckers out there that think this was Okay, but yet hypocritically follow some bullshit about a pizza joint and drinking frightened children's blood can go fuck yourselves. I would think that you would hate this story anyway because it requires empathy. I can imagine your comments might read something like, "boring" or "90% bullshit filler".

OMFG! The ending was just off the hook. I can picture it: floating upright with his arms spread 30 ° from his side, feet together and dangling straight, back arched, chest out and all aglow in psychic power. At minimum, two rings of ancient runes crisscrossing and slowly circling his torso centered near his heart looking a lot like the representations of atomic orbitals. A peaceful look of serenity written on his face as waves of energy pour off.

And then there is this line, "In the billions of years the galaxy had existed, his astronomical psychic ascendency was unprecedented." Let that sink in. Being late at night, I didn't really catch it the first read through. The delivery was not frilly or superfluous, but instead just plain, straight froward, and matter of fact. It was later on after a re-read that the power of that statement struck home. It feels like the beginning of the fulfillment of a long lost ancient prophecy.

SintaiSintaiabout 3 years ago

Holy fuck I love this series.

TJSkywindTJSkywindabout 3 years ago

There were a lot of other great suggestions for possible paths for the story.

One of the things that seemed tragic was the innate hatred the thrall races had for each other, the only difference between the races being color, and thus the simplest form of racism. Imagine the power of embracing other races once the Progenitor is destroyed, especially killing the Progenitor before all the thralls were drained. There is the opportunity for John to bring them "into the fold", of bringing Larnkellnar's worlds and populations into becoming sisters to the Maliri; of each future conquered race joining forces and expanding John's forces. Instead of a war of genocide, it would be ultimately one of assimilation (Borg reference unintended!).

The new runes leave me curious; when he removed the Leech link, what link(s) did John use as a replacement? I guess we'll see. Eventually, other wrongs might be dealt with, such as making Gaia-class worlds and restoring life to the spider race (Vulkatt?), adding their multi-layered thinking to that of the Maliri and Kyth'faren; applying that thinking to tasks such as figuring out the Void, determining the tech of the builders of the former pirate starbase, and more.

Thanks for sharing. 5* Slainté

realusmctazmanrealusmctazmanabout 3 years ago
AWESOME as usual

Despite not understanding why.John is so self.loathing (still), this was well worth the time. Hopefully John is now past all the self recriminations and doubt, to move forward in his quest to rid the galaxy of evil prog's. Looking forward to the next installment of the epic tale. JT

mharrisonmharrisonabout 3 years ago

Been eagerly awaiting this chapter and it doesn't dissapoint...

Many thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Amazing chapter to this ongoing tale of wonder.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Very nice chapter, 5 🌟 as always Alyssa's story, John's new name very nice and what will he encounter on mists of Loraler, when he meets the next progenitor how will things plot out and many more things, waiting for next refit or creation of new ship, I think it's better to replace the old one and make a 1km long dangerous and sleek white ship progenitor class as of now, then there may be improvement on a latter date, since we have to lengthen the story 💚💛💜💓💙💕💖💗💝💞💟👌as always. Quality increased again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Congratulations on Ch 136, Tefler.

During the previous chapters, the Guide’s (Progenitor-John, PJ) occasional, yet significant interventions gave this conflict between PJ and John an authenticity. PJ’s interpretation of significant events appears to be influenced and limited by the design of his original role and function. The result … John & the team evaluation of the PJ perspective. Because of PJ & John’s perspectives and subsequent questions, the debrief session has significant value because the team either provides some new information or offers their own perspective on said questions. Tefler does a masterful job in this section. Like other commentators, I also agree that Telfer’s management of Alyssa’s history on Karron provided the reader with a unique intellectual and emotional experience.

Will need to review this chapter a number of times to determine my conclusion for why PJ lost the battle. First, was the loss related specific to PJ’s original role and function? Second, was the loss specific to PJ’s use of psychic powers? Third, was the loss specific to PJ’s cognitive interpretations/perspective of major events? Fourth, was the loss specific to PJ’s plan for a victory? Fifth, was the loss specific to an interaction among the four alternatives? Hopefully, a reflection on this material will be an adequate distraction until the release of the next chapter.

Congratulations and best wishes, Tefler.

realusmctazmanrealusmctazmanabout 3 years ago
Now this makes more sense

Oh, I’ve found something else! There’s more information here on Kyth’vindathys! Tashana exclaimed, her eyes widening in wonder. She frowned in confusion as she continued reading. But this part isn’t referring to a runeblade ... it’s talking about personal enhancement... Check 133. JT

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Unresolved threads

Rahn wanted to create a progenitor killer and was tricked into making a venegance of kythaferan unknowingly like the rune blade of John , I am interested in knowing more how they influence the progenitors without its knowing, their civilisations ,I want John to board on Ghark'algor ship or fight in an isolated desoleted place so the new progenitor doesn't affect the population of the area and doesn't give away Johns place and headquarters, and also to find ways to absorb a progenitor's knowledge from it's mind and memory and also from preventing Xar knowing about the kill made by John.

Brimorians, want another thrall to rule Brimor for John and dont wipe them clean, kill Athgiloi and few leaders in a duel, stopping slave trade and installation of one Johns new Brimorian matriarch and some brimorian thralls also.

Vulkat

Regenerating them and recruiting them in Johns network will be a huge boost and helper in astral battles. Nkkrit may be interested in defeating who had destroyed her civilisation.

Thralls

John need to recruit them faster and then increase the power by loving them. Every fleet commander and important girls need to be recruited to pass out orders telepathically.

Lina and Aphrodite head also tweaking to be recruited need some push

Eshunu

Need to see what they have got. In some previous chapter it has been told that someone knows everything about achionin, first I thought it to Tashana but now think them to be Eshunu by the way they have transformed unclaimed waste, they also said that they need one last control rod to complete it. Maybe our protagonist can make use of the unclaimed waste without destroying it it will be a good plot twist needing may be 10 chapters though it will be an uphill task, but I think Our beloved Tefler can pull it off easily .

Nymphs, Shroud had been tweaked so much

Rahn

Better not to kill him and send him to Xar. Hey,he said there are many astral castle by kythaferan and he may have many knowledge from which John can benefit. Though I am not interested in giving him any other thrall race or thrall other than Jessica, later on they can stay in Terran space and be a doting grandfather and grandma.

Invictus

Need to be dismantled and new ship with Dana's tweaking and Rachel's planning Alyssa's beautification, Clara's tactical swiftness by weapon arrangements new security features from Sakura, new style beach and all other features and new Station for new girls,

Larn'kelnar

John need huge reserve of minerals for ship building which can be supplied from both Larn and Ghakl's empire through hyperwrap gate oxynium is rare in Johns empire and also recruit the rest of larns thralls .

ArcTalyxArcTalyxabout 3 years ago

Holy crap, that chapter was worth the wait! John the Benevolent is now John the Bad Ass. Really awesome, now onward to planting a well armored boot in Xar’aziuth’s<sp> tainted backside!

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyabout 3 years ago

I really enjoyed this chapter, as I do most chapters but the culmination of Alyssa's fears over her general self worth being brought to the fore by her need to be brought back into John's mental embrace was really well done. It's been bubbling around for a long time and I hope it brought her (I know it's not real!!!) some relief.

Now comes the interminable wait for the next chapter..... :(

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Anon

5 🌟

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Anon

"The ancient runic phrases indecipherable to all but their creator " is John their creator or the Kythaferan a/c to this line .

GhazghkullGhazghkullabout 3 years ago

Possible spoiler :

Lovin breaks the evil metal, are they going to use a love gun to zap progenitor ships or make a love forge to create the ultimate good armor? 😝

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Anon

John can now summon kirixx hive queen, juggernaut, may be kintark Royal guard, vulkat spiders, zombies in his next fight with anyone.

John can also reconstruct his sword by inscribing some runes by which he can summon his sword like Thor's hammer. It would be nice. Later on may be he and the girls can directly summon their armours,weapons without the need to be near them. It would be great. It is all in Tefler's universe everything should be possible. No problem with logic, this is TSM if anyone has problems believing this he should go and read logical story not this saga sci-fi fantasy, we love the sci fi and is hero worshipping John more than Thor, Spiderman or any avenger hero, no offence avenger fans, I find TSM MORE interesting . I'm also a fan of Hobbit, Lord of the rings

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

John is a complex moral character who strives to do what he thinks is right in a universe without moral absolutes. Now that John's connection with the girls has been repaired and the evil progenitor influence removed, perhaps the girls' fierce loyalty that was hard earned by John will no longer be confused with enslavement, and the slave trope can be left behind in regard to his relationships. Hopefully the slow buildup of galactic alliances will continue unabated, at least until a larger confrotation with the other progenitors, otherwise what was the point of building up all the allied fleets and installing sympathetic leaders?

BiigbambooBiigbambooabout 3 years ago

NEXT CHAPTER NEXR CHAPTER NEXT 300 CHAPTERS QUICK QUICK QUICK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Vengeance reborn.

Yes indeed ....

Guess that means the kid gloves are off.

Exciting chapters ahead.

Wh00sherWh00sherabout 3 years ago

Skim read Alyssas past but thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the chapter.

Wildwood55Wildwood55about 3 years ago

Couldn't disagree more with wallposter's view.

John worries about the impact of his 'enthralling' a woman to the point of near paralysis. His second guessing himself, in addition to 'first guessing' himself has been repeated so often, it has bordered on pendantic.

People grow and learn from their mistakes and from introspection about their actions. If anything, I've been a bit frustrated with John's lack of growth as a character. In spite of being slapped up side the head numerous times, by one of his women, over had effed up their life was, and how much happier they are, he just didn't seem to learn he really was a caring and considerate person.

At one point in this chapter, I said to myself, if Tef has John go through this one more time after this, there needs to be an intervention! First, to shock Tef into some character growth bravery, and second to establish John as a mentally deficient character. I think I even said to myself, 'How can John be so effing stupid to believe what his douche bag guide is shoveling.

Alyssa getting pissed off, and force feeding John's brain with her back atory is what saved things. John needed to wallow in his self doubt one last time, so he could make the realization, on his own, that he was not what the Guide was portraying. Helene was the catalyst for that.

Once he internalized his altruistic benevolence towards Helene, he picked up power, and uickly realized she wasn't the only one. It allowed him to triumph over the guide.

He still needed to assuage his guilt, once he left the psychic realm, which was the vehicle for Alyssa's anger, and the forcefeeding.

This led John to be bold when he was re-connecting, to the point of doing some renovating to the old Progen thralling way, and the epiphany he's been needing to make that love, and giving, pays multifold dividend, in the end. It's his secret weapon against the old school progens.

Bet no one thought economic theory of governent investment in its people could be told in such an entertaining way! (Tax dollars invested in the right programs creates a multiplier effect in returning tax revenue. The best US examples are 'food stamps' and pre-K, at 3.x per 1, and 1.5 per 1 invested, though pre-K may be higher than 1.5. Memory is sketchy on that one.)

Sorry Tef, didn't mean to blow your cover on TSM actually being a subversive economic treatise; it kinda slipped out. LOL

Good as always. Hope you and yours are well.

GeoD

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Wallposter is somewhat right.

Well, what can i say?. Once again it is a very well written chapter. But Wallposter is kind of right. Tefler had a chance to right several things here, but failed to do so. John has once again been lulled into a false security about what he does to the women and races around him. He is enslaving the girls, and he is conquering the other races. Although in a nonviolent way. He should have the self insight to see that and accept it.

But then again, what other choice does he have? He is the only one that have a chance at all in uniting the races and fight the progenitor hordes.

But he definitely should admit to himself what he is doing, even though it is for a higher cause. Yeah, he gets to have a nice harem of ever horny girls that backs him up no matter what he does. And he kind of deserves that. But he does kind of enslave them.

And then there is Alyssa. Now it makes more sense the way she has been going more and more dark. He did something to the connection, so i have a small hope that Alyssa will get back on the right path now. Another thing is that she is a basket case. It is quite frightening that a woman with that much trauma and PTSD has the kind of power she has. At the moment she is like the worlds biggest Nuclear bomb, where the wiring is faulty, and it can go off anytime. Alyssa Marant clearly needs a good Psychologist. She is this close to becoming batshit crazy. It is sad to see the state she is in. And all that could have been avoided, if John had helped her work through her problems, instead of just suppressing them with The Change. The same goes for the other girls in lesser degree.

But please Tefler. Do make John think more about what the guide told him. Most if it is true, even though he twisted it. John have to remove his rose tinted glasses and acknowledge what he is doing, and take responsibility for it. He should realize that the girls never will be able to tell him the cold hard truth. And that the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

End of rant.

Thank you Tefler for a marvelous chapter. Despite my rant, I am left with a hope that things will get a bit better from now of.

Best of wishes

Paladin Steelbreaker.

shalleycatshalleycatabout 3 years ago

Thank you for a great chapter, resolves a major story arc.

Hardrider56Hardrider56about 3 years ago

What a ride! Been a while since the last chapter but it was well worth the wait. Looking forward for the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Damm

justified15justified15about 3 years ago

Inspiring and inspired.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Tefler, do you have an exclusive contract with Amazon about the books, or could you also publish them on Smashwords? I would love to read the revised parts of your saga, but I do not want to join the Kindle ecosystem.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Tefler you’re amazing . I find it so hard te believe you were writing your first story when you started this.

I am working on a ship and the watches during the night get boring sometimes. Thats when i discovered your TSM. I couldnt put it down anymore and now im all catched up. When im home im making a paypal and Patreon account. You deserve to be payed for this amount of entertainment.

Thanks again!

The Second officer ;)

sailandoarsailandoarabout 3 years ago

Masterful story telling, a bard for ages !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

As long as we are done with John unending guiltathon this chapter is worth it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

If John has another guilt trip. I'm done. He's been reassured countless times by his women with and without them being "in the network". Either he trusts them or he doesn't.

Taurus59Taurus59about 3 years ago

I have read this story all the way through 8 times. Best story I have ever read. I can't wait to see what he does with all this power. Next time through I will be more diligent about leaving comments. There is a lot more to tell if you plot the demise of all the Progenitors. Thanks for a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

the way john’s guilt was ceaselessly and extensively harped on for the past 100+ chapters ruined any impact this could have had. it’s the exact same thing every single time: john feels guilty, the girls reassure him that they’re happy, he seems to accept it, and then it happens again anyway. this stopped adding value to the story years ago because the end result is a character arc that is effectively in stasis because it never goes anywhere. i know tefler plans on editing this story and releasing it somewhere at some point (or at least he did last time i heard) and i really hope he edits out a lot of the guilt stuff if/when he does that to make it a less frustrating read

StaukerStaukerabout 3 years ago

Holy shit.

So we're finally past johns self doubts, or at least I would hope so.

And my goodness, he just went full goku

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I'll start out with the good:

1) John finally faced his guide. Solely based on that alone, quite the description.

2) Completely right about saving Helene--that was truly compassionate

3) John remembered a few tricks from hunting the Nymphs in the jungle and it paid off in battling his guide

4) Finally someone stopped Alyssa during her mad dash to try to prematurely re-establish her connection. That was a glimmer of independent thinking and initiative.

5) John finding the black thread that make his subjugates more "dependent" on him and eliminating it.

6) Seeing Alyssa's life on Karron with Sparks was riveting and real.

As for the rest...the biggest one was John facing the real reasons he bagged most of his babes: for his own desires and implanting them with subconscious wants of his--just like his guide said. Only exception to this was Helene. Biggest waste was John facing the classic literary growth mechanism of the "mirror": the foe or personality that reflects what the protagonist must face in order to grow or be utterly defeated...and that was a token presentation, utterly wasted. Ridding the Progenitor connection of the "black" thread to eliminate some of the interdependency was all that happened. A major shame. As a result, while John will improve in some negligible way, the story will remain mostly unchanged. Turns out as with other things, the "conflict" wasn't really a conflict and the outcome (John winning) was never doubted.

Alyssa's flashback with Mia and Sparks was long overdue, something that realistically should have happened somewhere in the first 15 chapters. No one would ever believe someone that can help would reject either Alyssa or Sparks just because they were in bad situations they couldn't change. Just as the rest of the girls had some "story," all of them function as a literary logical fallacy known as a straw man (the same as them trying to debunk what the guide rightly accused John of doing--which the guide nailed 100%)--because it is easy to discount and defeat. Helene embodies most of this, as if they ever feel badly, she'll just soothe them into contentment and that ends it.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 3 years ago

Based on the apparent power spike John et al would have just gone through the Brimorians are toast without even breaking a sweat..

Just can't help but wonder how John compares to any other Progenitor sans thrall input or how many thralls John's group equate to odd normal thralls... 100 to 1? 1000 to 1? More...?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This chapter was somewhat of a letdown. One of the things that has bothered me about this story is when the girls reassure John about the change. If your personality has been altered you can't meaningfully reassure someone that you like the new you progenitor bond or no. With the guide directly confronting him about it ''You created a band of sycophants that eagerly condone your every action, then believe them when they tell you exactly what you want to hear.'' I was hoping this time would be different but it wasn't. True acceptance for his situation can only come from within. This seemed like the perfect chapter for John to finally get over his feelings of guilt. Instead we get the exact same routine as before and it feels like we have gone nowhere.

wolverine006wolverine006about 3 years ago

@GeoD

Bravo! The guide neglected to address some of his wards because he couldn't relate to John's connection with them, specifically: Jade, Faye, and Helene. Faye was the catalyst and Helene was the fuel that allowed John to turn the tide.

wolverine006wolverine006about 3 years ago

Did anyone catch what Neysa said?

wolverine006wolverine006about 3 years ago

@Anonymous poster:

"Ridding the Progenitor connection of the "black" thread to eliminate some of the interdependency (sic) was all that happened. A major shame. As a result, while John will improve in some negligible way, the story will remain mostly unchanged."

I call bullshit. Not only did he eliminate the "black thread", he created a new connection. The significance of this is will become apparent. Beyond that I will say no more.

TeflerTeflerabout 3 years agoAuthor

Re: anon

''You created a band of sycophants that eagerly condone your every action, then believe them when they tell you exactly what you want to hear.''

But is that really the truth, or is that the guide's twisted interpretation of events? When the girls have discussions with John about the morality of his actions, are they "telling him what he wants to hear" or are they correct in saying that he shouldn't feel any guilt about them going through the Change? They are all very intelligent women and I've tried to have them make compelling arguments that back up their opinion. But can that opinion be trusted (bearing in mind John's influence over them) even when what they're saying sounds true?

I don't think anyone can deny that John loves the girls and that they love him. But do they love him because he influenced them mentally to adore him? Or do they feel that way as a natural response to the hugely positive influence he's had on their lives? If a rich, handsome, powerful, endowed, loving guy swooped in and saved a woman from personal disaster, isn't there a high probability that she'd fall in love with him anyway?

Do women fall in love with a man out of gratitude for the things he's done for them? Or do they fall in love with him because he's handsome and has a ripped body? Do they fall in love because he's kind and selfless, helping those in need (including themselves)? Or does she fall in love simply because they have great chemistry together? Is it possible for a woman not to fall in love with a man when he's all of the above?

People say you can't buy love, but are women more impressed with a broke guy on welfare, or a guy driving a Bentley who can whisk them away to Paris for a weekend? If a hot guy dates a woman and showers her with lavish gifts, will she be impressed and think he's a keeper, or be disgusted and think he's shallow and materialistic?

I have my own interpretation of events, but I don't want to force-feed that to my readers. What I find fascinating, is that even after millions of words in this story, people are still divided on how to interpret the morality of John's actions.

John is fighting to save the galaxy and trillions of lives hang in the balance. To stand a chance in that fight, he needs the dozen girls that make up the Lionesses, otherwise everyone is doomed. Even if the worst case scenario is true, and John has mentally dominated all the girls to be his mindless sycophants and doting harem... do the ends justify the means? A dozen lives vs trillions? What's morally "right" under those circumstances?

Anyway, that was the last of the guilt trips. I included it so that you would sympathise with an extremely stressed Alyssa finally losing patience with John and forcing him to experience her traumatic past.

John's outlook has changed significantly now, which you'll see in upcoming chapters.

Tefler

BigJim48BigJim48about 3 years ago

Wow! I can see why this chapter took so long to write. This is an epic battle of right vs wrong! Of course we all knew that John would win but it very well constructed. Cannot wait for the next chapter!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I'm going to be that guy. The one that states his opinion even if its against the popular. John's guilt is a big part of who he is. Its that guilt that holds him back when the lioness want another girl to join them. without the guilt would he just go ok you want another lets have sex? which could lead to thousands of people being changed from who they started as. As Tefler posted above the guilt trips are gone, but i hope that doesn't change John.

I read people are complaining that John's character is not changing or evolving (quite a few blame the guilt trips) but does he? I can understand new abilities, and such. But does his character have to change? I have read comments on previous chapters of this story. "John needs to man up and do what needs to be done" comments like that. but by doing what these readers seem to think needs to be done, he becomes just like the other progenitors. For example the common opinion before (not unanimous) was to wipe out the brimordians. But how is that different from the others? species makes me mad i wipe them off face of existance.

One last thing. Again i see alyssa haters. refering to her "Force feeding" her memories to John. Is it force feeding if they ask for it? he has wanted to know about her past for a long time. He almost demanded that she tell him, so she did something better. let him see them and relive them. John even stated that he could have stopped the memories at any time.

Just some of my thoughts and opinions,

Raven

mharrisonmharrisonabout 3 years ago

Despite some of the negative comments I think you've created a truly amazing story and have loved every bit of it.

I find amazing that you can still keep this going with great quality & detail for this long.

So many other "long" series stories I've read here seem to loose their way as they progress and either just keep repeating stuff or completely loose the plot and go off in totally odd directions both of which just ruin the story.

Eagerly awaiting the next chapter - really wish they were available quicker ;) - I do appreciate it takes time to do such a good job....

Many thanks for sharing with us all here.

ir8papair8papaabout 3 years ago
RE: Tefler

"What I find fascinating, is that even after millions of words in this story, people are still divided on how to interpret the morality of John's actions."

Just as no two snowflakes are identical, people's perceptions and opinions when viewing works of art, be it painting or sculpture or reading an enthralling story(novel) such as War and Peace, The Prince, and TSM will be many and varied. So it is not surprising that opinions are all over the place.

One of the best stories I've read on this site in the last 15-20 years.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I agree with some that I am slightly disappointed in how John's mental state was handled in this chapter. While it presented an opportunity to deepen the bond with his girls and provide an opportunity to allow Allysa her moment, it felt unoriginal considering that the fight with his progenitor guide was such a pivotal point in the story. The girls are always reassuring John. This moment was his alone as he fought the guide within his own mind, cut off from the girls. When Tefler alluded to the memory of Faye, I was envisioning a grand self-revelation brought about through a cascading affect in his mind, seeded by the memory of how much Faye had loved him, even though he couldn't have influenced her with his powers. Her memory would allow him to view events with new clarity, allowing his revelations to be more meaningful and concrete having come from within, instead of being force-fed from without as usual.

At the end of the day, this is Tefler's story and no one else's, and I respect that. He has woven a grand, epic tale and masterfully drug us all into the world within, so I will continue to trust that he created this chapter the way he did with purpose, and that as a mere reader I simply cannot see how this plays into the grand scheme of things just yet. I have yet to be truly let down, so I reserve judgment until the story has run its full course.

Keep writing! Your addicts, aka readers, need their next fix sooner rather than later. These longer intervals between chapters, while understandable, are becoming torturous.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Dance thanks merci gracias,

Omg you killed this chapter

It was great like the rest...

Please , please don’t make us wait for 2months

Too long of a wait... but damn it was worth it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Agree with Raven

I totally agree with you Raven . Due to the guiltathon John is different from other progenitor, so he gave the girls special powers and had made them their own credit account so they can spend at their own will,even without asking him, which we can't think of from other progenitor, they can also keep secrets from John, tease him and give gifts to others. Sakura also complained about negligence to John.

He even can't think of the girls getting hurt. He cares about them so much, all are mostly because of his sense for others and guilt for his own actions.

Sylviya

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

RE: Tefler

Spoiler alert, no guilt trip for John again .

Sylviya

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Tefler

How many chapters had you intended to publish about this legacy series. I think you have figured out the end. How many years will you need to get it done? I think you can finish it. But I want to know early bcz if I can't read upto the end I will better not read it, I will leave it here, though my heart will ache

CortavarCortavarabout 3 years ago

Hi Tefler and everyone!

Many thanks for that awesome chapter, which came just a few days after my birthday! I couldn't hope for a better gift!

I am also relieved that John's guilt be gone. While it was an important part of the story, and helped define his character, it is high time he moved on to something else. I'm sure an author with Tefler's talent can keep his character interesting and I'm eager to see what his new Kyth'vindathis personality is about.

There were a few subtle hints (the Nymphs' reaction, how John feels) and a few not so subtle ones (he ends the chapter literally floating in glowing runes) about what level of power John is now at. Upgrade chapters are always good, so the next few ones, where they hopefully test his new limits, if he still has some, are going to be pretty cool!

Maybe now he has consumed his guide and its knowledge, he could "rune-fuck" the other girls, or at least his two remaining Matriarchs...

I haven't read every comment here yet, and I should probably catch up on the last chapter debates too, so I'll stop here for now, but I'll probably be back!

Best wishes,

Cortavar AFKA Professor Anon

wolverine006wolverine006about 3 years ago

@Raven

You are fine by me. I don't think anyone here is going to flame you for having a differing opinion. We may or may not agree, but that is what makes this story so compelling. Yeah, I think that guilt was a large part of John's personality and I also believe that no matter how compelling the argument or how hard he tried, it was just something he could not progress beyond until he merged with his guide. Remember, John told PJ near the end that he was an impediment, a road block to further development and up until this point, further growth was impossible. In order to progress, John had to come to terms with and accept, what and who he is and he had to do this on his own. It's kinda corny, but he just had to believe in himself. I think you will see this going forward.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Another great chapter, looking forward to where the story will head now.

Thank you!

Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great googley moogley, 9 pages of awesomeness! Enough with the pity party and self depreciation, what is about you porn authors/writers? Write the story with a little sex and move on. ten stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I love that Tefler joins in the discussions here (especially when it is not having to answer when the next chapter will be posted). I do find it fascinating how people read the same thing and interpret it through their unique lenses

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
disapointment

Hi Tefler!

all story was building an arc of suspense for the final fight with the guide. all fights / battles have always been described in length. Now the FINAL confrontation is just done in 2 pages! You have given up so many possibilities and instead placed the feedback of Alyssa, which in my opinion could have been waived.

As my comment ain´t the usual praise I´m quite sure it will be deleted again as several - not so positive - comments before.

rgds Germany

TeflerTeflerabout 3 years agoAuthor

Re: anon

"all story was building an arc of suspense for the final fight with the guide."

No. John's struggle with his guide was the plot arc that led to the final confrontation. It impacted on a number of different plot arcs, but it wasn't the entire purpose of the story. Until recently, Larn'kelnar was the primary antagonist. Now it is Xar'aziuth and all his Progenitors are still alive and well.

"Now the FINAL confrontation is just done in 2 pages!"

No. The fight spanned nearly 4 literotica pages, which was over 12,000 words. That's the longest duel in the entire history of TSM. The fight with John and the girls vs Larn'kelnar was only 11,700 words.

"As my comment ain´t the usual praise I´m quite sure it will be deleted again"

I'm interested in constructive criticism, not a bunch of negative hyperbole. The only comments I delete are insults and baseless whining (usually about Patreon), and I will continue to do so, because those types of comments add nothing useful to the discussion.

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I thought it was a great chapter, exceeded most of my expectations... And it was made better with the response form Tef himself... I love how appropriately and precisely you responded to that by the way...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

My two cents on John's guilt trips and on whether or not John's enslaving the girls or not, John has these abilities that change women's personalities even without him consciously doing it. He doesn't want to live a lie, and he doesn't want the love he shares with the girls to be a lie. And he has that nagging doubt at the back of his mind that the girls constant reassurances are just the lie trying to convince him it's real, despite his desperate need to feel it isn't. Because how can he be sure it's not just the lie, the illusion trying to dupe him into accepting it?

The answer, he doesn't. For all the time ever since Dana first made that experiment in the hot tub, neither John nor the girls know for absolutely sure that John didn't do what he thought he did. John's abilities in relation to the personality changes are still a complete unknown. He doesn't know just how far those changes extend, he doesn't know exactly how it affected each of the girls. If he were to go into the minds of each of his girls and see for himself what exactly it was that he did, he'll never know for sure. And all his doubts, all his guilt comes from a place of ignorance of what extent his abilities have and are working on the girls.

Alyssa already did something like this, for Jessica Blake. She explored Jessica's mind and found out exactly what Rahn'hagon's influence did to her, and unmade it. John already took a good first step in eliminating that black thread in the network, but unless he goes into the minds of his girls to either confirm or debunk his worst fears for himself, he'll never know for sure.

DistantConstellationDistantConstellationabout 3 years ago

Thank you, Tefler.

A man's wrestling with his own self, his own guilt, his own fear of what he himself is capable of, is an incredibly difficult thing to write. In a way you have spent 135 chapters creating the metaphor in which that battle becomes part of the natural landscape.

Very daring to attempt it. I think your boldness was rewarded in the execution. Thank you.

We all have known you were creating John as a different sort of twist on Progenitors. Giving us bit by bit the Kyth'faren background was powerful background setting. Tying "bad John's" powers into the visual metaphors of the evil on the astral plane - the tentacles in particular - was a reminder of the strength of the link John had to overcome.

Teaching John the patience to wait, to analyze, to understand, to re-shape and re-form his powers along the way also makes the emergence of John as Kyth'vindathys - the shaper of his own powers - the cat and not the mouse- both powerful and in the context of the story, part of an entirely believable progression.

We'll see, but if justice is done, this episode will wind up outranking your Episode 100.

Well done.

DistantConstellationDistantConstellationabout 3 years ago

I've read through all the comments. Thanks for all of your thoughts.

Those of you who imagine that all that guilt has now ended and John has clear sailing I suspect are right only in an orthogonal way.

There's a deep awareness, that includes both a deep sadness for the inevitable harm one causes in life, and an acceptance that one must make those choices, which is part of true maturity.

I suspect John will never lose that sadness and regret. It will remind him that meddling has consequences; individual lives have merit and worth; he may be the most powerful being in the billions of years the universe has existed - but those around him are not his to make thralls, nor to expend on a whim.

But I agree that this mature integration is no longer what we'd call guilt. Guilt has value for all of us, if we are to be people we ourselves can grow to like. But in a way guilt is childlike. It is debilitating; it is one of the most externally punitive of our internal emotions. For John, here, it was ultimately almost defeating, but he didn't win by eliminating it. He won by forgiving himself. If you are fortunate enough to have had those moments, then you know - you aren't suddenly freed of the sadness and regret. What you are freed of, is the paralysis of guilt.

A truly integrated adult accepts responsibility for necessity. To be one, we have to own the sorrow and regret and sadness that comes with it sometimes.

That doesn't mean necessity becomes easy. It doesn't mean causing least harm isn't a high value. It means it takes time, and experience, and maturity, to own and accept the possibility of our own fallibility, and to be able to forgive ourselves.

John's guilt - really any maturing human's guilt - and his (our) fear of that wracking debilitating feeling that helps us avoid the wrong we can avoid - is exactly what allowed John to keep his progenitor side at bay long enough to learn the new path through the runes, not just in this chapter, but throughout the previous 135. Yes, it got to be a bit much. We're exasperated by it. So were the lionesses. But it takes real time to reconstruct the moral path that can transcend guilt, without losing one's soul.

Finally, a note to Anonymous who said "No one would ever believe someone that can help would reject either Alyssa or Sparks just because they were in bad situations they couldn't change." I cannot agree. Few compassionate people, looking at someone else's life, would believe it, yes. Alyssa herself does not believe it about Dana; she knows "Sparks" is worthy of love. But it is 100% credible that Alyssa would believe that about herself. We each of us tend to fear that our secrets would reveal us to be frauds, don't we? We tend to internalize early hurt, for which we hold ourselves responsible, until it becomes part of our very being. The loss of a parent; the loss of both parents; just - loss. We feel responsible for it. And guilty. Not having anything we can even identify as error just makes the guilt worse - "there had to have been something I could have done."

That guilt - that responsibility we feel for the bad we did to survive - becomes our deepest secret, and locked away unforgiven, costs us the capacity to forgive. It's why speaking the truth is so liberating - not because we've said it, but because we're free of the secret, and discover that even with it known - we are still loved, still worth of love - and we can start to forgive ourselves, and see others as just as complex as ourselves.

Fat Tony reappears here. Fat Tony was someone Alyssa knew was evil. Part of what brought her to this moment was that she let him be, on her return to Karron, because someone loved him. That moment was traumatic for her, because it cracked her armor over her own secret belief she could not herself be loved. It helped led to this final purging of her own self-loathing - and she likely would not have been able to do it without knowing that she was loved.

In a powerful sense, it's Alyssa's tale here which verifies to John that she has not been turned into a mindless thrall. Those emotions and those fears are hers, and hers alone. And she gives them to John as an act of love from her own heart - "you should let me go, because this is who I really am."

These things belonged together. w00sher - you missed a treat skimming that section. .

Tefler, you've written it well. Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

5 stars as always

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Thank you for continuing to post here despite the whining. Used to donate with a PP card but patreon changed taking them, or the cc companies changed whatever, left we with out a way to donate short of mailing something and we know that isn't going to happen without way to much invasion. So thanks for putting it up here so the addicts can still feed.

alxyalxyabout 3 years ago

The Revenge of the Kyth!

(Sorry, couldn’t resist it).

NotatincanNotatincanabout 3 years ago

John is a war veteran suffering from survival guilt, who also has (probably) PTSD and OCD. He lives like a monk in a cell(Fool's Gold) and his old commanding officer is afraid he is suicidal. John unfortunately discovers that he also has a very deadly type of "Dissociative identity disorder".

In about eight months time John transforms into one of most powerful beings in the known TSM universe.

Given his condition, I never felt his insecurity about the girls out of place. John's constant worry about the girls, in my opinion, represents his inner conflict. Is he a good man? Or just another bloody Progenitor?

His doubts made it easier for me to believe that he is a good man trying to do his best when confronted with more than he can cope...

John is a character with low-selfesteem, put in a situation where he has to care for a harem of teenagers and worlds with billions of sentient beings (by the way which is more taxing I could not decide, my pick afront) without an "Obi-Van" to guide him... Being an orphan he seeks this guidance in authority figures. I think he sees Charles as a big brother. The way he wanted to know more about Yamamoto, made me think that John wanted to connect with him. Similarly Maria tries to help him but still there is a big gap for a mentor figure.

From the first chapters on, Alyssa is a character who becomes what John needs. Like the way she became a first class navigator; she instictively figures out his need for confirmation and tries to provide John this. She is furious with Edreale and tries to protect John, a war veteran hardened in battle, from the truth of casulities in war more like an "overprotective" parent. Alyssa also gets help from girls to provide John with guidance. Rachel, Jade, Sakura and Helene are obviously big assistance to her. All the girls including Faye try to help John with his demons. There is also an interdependence in their relation. The wounded birds lack the support in their previous lives and look up to John for guidance also.

Coming back to Alyssa, I always had hard time picturing Alyssa as a teen. She always felt like an "older" character with raw wisdom who can be blunt though mostly correct. Her hard years in Karon, which we finally get to learn in detail, prepared Alyssa for this role. The idea "wisdom" is earned through hardship in life regardless of how old one is also resonates with me and the way I picture Alyssa.

I will not miss John feeling sorry for the things he has done to girls. I understand this was something beyond his control and his need to make peace with his decisions regarding the change and psychic abilities. Another point John always asks for concent before making any changes. I remember many plots where he alleviated his guilt about the change by a character who he has no direct relation; like Maria thanking John for saving, caring for and protecting all the girls for all their mothers...

I do not think he will stop second guessing himself. The way he questions his decisions and asks the girls for feedback is a good character attribute. Does John gets points due to his level-up? Which character attributes will you distribute the points?

For my part, Tefler wrote this chapter, and the build up in previous chapter very good. I did not feel the confrontation was short or underhandled in any way. I like to immerse myself into the characters more, logically detailed and long plots help this. There is however also a part of me that wants the story arc to move forward. In my opinion, Tefler masterfully balances both with his story telling.

Thank you Tefler,

Take care all...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

@ distant constellation

Very nice explanation

Your explanation gets 5 🌟 .

Such a constructive criticism.

Sylviya

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Re :distantconstellation

Tefler's work is a great literary masterpiece which one can read and reread by delving deeper and deeper and finding hidden plots, great significance hidden inside many statement.

There are bread crumbs everywhere which everyone miss during first read. Which may get cleared after rereading. Such deep and rich piece needs to be criticised constructively. TSM is a universe where every scene has some new revelation even with some repeat sex scenes. Depth of TSM which readers cannot even fathom need what amounts of energy and imaginative power, I am sometimes overwhelmed. Thank u Tefler and your patrons who are constantly supporting you for creating this art. I can't believe Tefler is writing his first sci fi watching his balance of characters . The emotional wreck he may be feeling is overwhelming. I cried when Faye was killed, Jade got killed, and reading Tashana's story, then this Alyssa's story, even Tom Walker story, I know he will be acquited but his suffering. I also cried for John for his mother . End of my rant .

Annabhuj

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Tefler

When your book 5 will come. You said after ch 139 on patreon you will release the book . May be I have wrong info. Please inform us just a request. I want to read those beautiful director's cut and compare it with the lit chapters.

Moho

brireaderbrireaderabout 3 years ago

I constantly find that in my life I think I need something to be done. It is when I get that thing that I learn more and realize I haven't even started. I feel that is where we are with John. He has unlocked all the tech and when they finally learn what it is they are going to realize they are thousands of years of learning how to use it behind the other Progenitors. Each battle will be epic and can be a catalyst for unique improvement of tech by Dana. It will be a wild ride! Thanks Tef!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I haven't started this series from the beginning, but I am intrigued from this chapter. Great work.

4/5 for me, and I'm a harsh critic. I'll make sure to start your series from the beginning.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Tefler, this is a masterwork, but it feels like its running out of steam. I understand the need to get into dreary in-depth analysis of John's mental state, but there's a fine line between iterating your point, and making the reader feel as dreary as the character. Pacing has been your achilles heel this whole time. While you're a great EROTIC author, pacing has held you back from being a great author. I keep waiting for you to take that next step, but I think you've hit your literary ceiling. Still, 5 stars for me, but this story is no longer the best on this site like I used to think it was. There are other authors who are less popcorn-porn. There is a great 100-chapter book in this story somewhere. Maybe that makes me a tart, but my opinion hardly matters to you. You'll probably delete this comment, but I hope you at least read it. I mean well.

From a two-year fan,

Daniel

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Tefler

Even though u are writing a great master piece u will not be able to finish it even in 10 years if you do not increase your writing speed . Tefler u have to write fast maintaining quality to finish the TSM bcz it is not a big story but a mega giga story ,novel . You will die before finishing it, we will die before reading it . Please write it fast at least two chapters a month . i cannot raise this issue on patreon since i want to remain anonymous to remain free from direct attack from other patrons. How much other patrons seek to protect u but if u cannot finish it they will also not like it. You need to figure out the ending and the whole skeleton first then adding subplots and start giving necessary adjustment and dialouge monolouge .

Anyways , this chapter worth 10 stars more chapters will hinge on it opened new possibilities for the characters. Loved Alyssa's story on Karron , she can rest assured that John loves her irrespective of everything . now to see how John makes use of his abilities one by one how he fares against other powerful progenitors . John now knows that he is white knight for the girls and they love him due to his genuine effort . As some readers disgust his guilt trips , but it was necessary and that is what makes him different from other progenitors . He has matured and the guilt trips will remind him of his duty and increase his protectiveness . He will not enthrall anyone without asking but taking due permission he will do it confidently after explaining how a progenitor connection works its benefits drawbacks . To see his real powers(until he figures out what he can do) we will have to traverse 100+ chapters . Larn'kelnar was teased for more than 60 chapters , then there are dozen more progenitors ,Xar his minions , side plots, johns training for battle with progenitors , astral battle preparation , ship building for Maliri , enthralling other thrall races ,side battles , shroud ,nymph , addition of girls(wards) power increase exponential exercise , changing destructive sacrifical technology to constructive ,lovable tech , John's children his father mother , disussion on Mael, Ahionon ,etc,etc . whoo hoo its gonna be a wild ride . TEFLER man up and finish it in atleast 10 years. I can't wait teo chapter a month ,. Love u Tefler for ur work

archie

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

@ Prof Anon

discuss here for possible spoilers about KINTARK ABANDONED BRIMORIANS LARAYTHARANS NYMPH ESHUNU and the minor empires ASHAANAATH DRAKKARD PODMOTHERS DRAKKARD KIRRIX VULKAT TRANKARANS BOLONS LARGATH and the other pschycic species who can be of help MIST OF LORALEAR Mael s laboratory and Kyth'faren knowledge repository so John can study and know more about Xar his minions and negate the effect when he goes outside the shroud.and also make the shroud and may be increase its area to extend it to other conquered empires by John. Time for discussion to take the story further as some may be possible spoilers . We have to think ahead 10-30 chapters as Tefler sometimes take suggestion from readers . And he has not completed the story so maybe we can contribute tid bits .

against the idea of exterminating species but interested in including in John's network even if its a single one like trankarans but living with John and having sex ,new position new style , sex with lizard spiders kirixx fish its all wow.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

So I loves the story... I really only had one hang up... About the only thing that the guide said that seemed tobe true was that it really does only take one dose to connect a girl... Or at least in the Maliri's case a single, and I relatively small, dose to connect them... It is not full two way telepathy, but it is a full connection... Ir as far as I have been lead to believe it is a full connection... This information was never actually discussed by the crew, nor did John actually bring it up specifically... The whole section just seemed to gloss over it... Now I have actually noticed this on several occasions with Tef's writing... And I am still unsure if it is intentional or mere oversite with the amount of things he attempts to fit in... This is really my only criticism with this chapter and besides that I loved it...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Anon,

Don't be a prude. This isn't high-art, it's fun smut. If you're looking for literature, go to a library. Tefler doesn't have ambitions of being a "real writer" or he wouldn't be spending so much time on this. What author has ever gone from online erotica to legitimate? Read it for what it is. It's fun, it's campy, it's cheesy as hell. It's manga anime with words, not fucking Catcher in the Rye.

Tefler, thank you for writing this entertaining work. Don't let the snobs get you down.

wnxmanwnxmanabout 3 years ago

Tefler,

First and most importantly, thank you for sharing your writing with us here. I have the utmost respect for the massive effort and creative skill you have invested in this beautiful story. I truly feel like this story stands on its own as an excellent science fiction adventure, and could have wide-spread mainstream appeal if it weren't for the eroticism. However, that aspect is so critical and intertwined with the story that it simply couldn't be removed. This doesn't read like a compliment, but it is.

I rarely comment here other than the occasional anonymous thank you, which is the minimum that I feel I owe you for the hours of entertainment you have provided me. On that note, I know that while you are a very accomplished writer, you are also fairly new to this as a career, and I would like to help you make the best story that you possibly can. So, I have some feedback that you can completely ignore if you wish, but perhaps it is worth a ponder.

I have seen at least one other similar comment about this chapter. Perhaps not as direct though - I can be a bit too direct when I finally get to the point. I enjoyed this chapter, but at the same time it didn't knock my socks off the way that much of your writing has. I felt like there were opportunities missed. I thought you handled the battle with John's guide very well and threw in some great and interesting twists to make it both exciting and revealing. It was the aftermath that I felt lacked real value.

First - the girls dealing with John's guilt. It seems as though we have read that same scene with minor variations over and over, and each time John allows himself to be comforted out of his guilt by the very targets of his coercion. If he really felt as guilty (as he seems to constantly act) about changing the girls' personalities, he wouldn't be consoled by their comforting. He knows by the nature of his guilt that he can't trust their perspectives on the subject.

You laid out an awesome argument during the battle about how John had changed Alissa's nature to want to please him, but at the same time forces her to constantly behave in ways that conflict with that so that he can use her as a scapegoat for his questionable moral behaviors. This is a beautiful and complex conflict that could be used to catalyze change and character growth (which probably plays out to some degree in John's change to The Connection), but there was little or no indication in John's usually transparent behaviors and thoughts to indicate that he was still bothered by the way he had treated his primary partner throughout their relationship by the end of the chapter. It seemed like he listened to (experienced) her backstory and then accepted the whole, "well my life was shit before, so it's all good" line once again.

This brings us to Alyssa and her backstory. I have read comment after comment on here from people that were pleased by this section, but when I read it I couldn't help but feel like that was the biggest missed opportunity of all. That section had the chance to surprise us, and to give us some greater insight into Alyssa's character. Instead, as that section came to an end I was sad because I didn't feel like I learned anything new about Alyssa. There were some details given to flesh out specific events, but Alyssa had touched on almost every major event (barring the friend that she lost to drug use) that was brought up throughout that flashback at some point previously in the story. This could have been the opportunity to strike home some specific aspect of Alyssa's personality that would change how we felt about her and justify her behaviors that have been of concern to readers.

Specifically, there could have been several events that reinforced her hatred for the Terran system of authority and specifically the Admiralty. We could have seen some rebellion against authority, a pattern of teasing her friends the way she does John, and even an example or two of her unleashing her brutal and protective nature rather than just always being the kind and ever-hopeful victim.

Revelations such as these would have not only clearly explained her behavior supporting rebellion in the outlying systems, but also would put a huge nail in the coffin of the idea that John had made her do those things so that he would get his own revenge without the guilt of moral conflict. Also, the Alyssa character that we have all grown to love would seem more like an individual to whom we could all relate and care even more about, rather than her being the reflection of a fantasy that John designed.

Don't get me wrong; it was a good chapter, and the story is a great story. I have just come to set the bar very high for your story because you have established that expectation. TSM is an epic work of art, and I am thankful to have had the opportunity to enjoy it. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Tefler you have outdone yourself again

I know that I’m repeating myself but in a rut when it comes to 3SM, and your EXTREMELY GREAT STORYLINE!!! The confrontation with John’s “guide” was well done even with the John’s falling for the guilt trip, in regards to the few marine colonels I have known. 5++ stars!!!

In response to TJSkywind’s comment, doggonit you beat me to it!👍. Not to beat a dead horse but the perceived racism in today’s culture was never more epitomized than by Irillith and Tashana’s response to other progenitor’s thralls. I have been thinking about how progenitors could be eliminated WITHOUT destroying their enthralled populations, that their populations could be absorbed and redirected in a positive direction! The galaxy would be in a significantly better place if their futures were so re-aligned!!! The rest of your comment sure opens up a host of new directions for this saga to go! Only issue I see regarding re-establishment of the Vulkat Dominion is convincing Nkkrrit that it would be possible and viable! (A noble pursuit). As to Underworld, the Achonin having been destroyed by Mael'nerak 70k+ years ago might be much harder to reserect. But I am wondering if the Enshunu might not have been Rahn’hagon’s thrall race abandoned after the battle with Mael’nerak. The suggested alignment of that empire is strongly suggestive of an overthrow of the matriarchal society and establishment of a male dominant female slave society. Slainté to you, and your viewpoints!!!

My response to one of the anonymous comments about why P J lost is not why PJ lost but why did John fall apart so emotionally and allow PJ to control most of the field of the conflict. Rachel’s analysis of all of the fates of the girls if John HAD NOT intervened in their lives should have laid most of those insecurities to rest!!! John SAVED ALL THEIR LIVES!!! Not enslaved them.

Thoughts about the black thread running through the maze of runes making up the “bond”. That several runes are repeated on this thread bears contemplation, Spirit would seem to me to be identifying and isolating runes, and Dominion is obviously to control the Spirit and to help establishing a progenitor’s realm. It seems that there is another that should be here and it might be Subjugation or something along this line. However the most interesting one is Leech! This has connotations of vampirism as what are leeches but blood sucking animals, but also used in medicine from ancient Egyptians and other early cultures all the way to present time. This rune might be used in more ways than just draining thralls of their life force.

My thanks to distantconstellation and Notatincan for their insights on this saga. 5* to you both!

Wolrab🐝

alacard346alacard346about 3 years ago

Oh shit bout to get reked

Tefler my god man... you my friend have a gift of a balance of the x and story telling that makes me excited to check the update list seeing if there has been another update.

Your doing a good work here... keep it up and looking forward to your current and future works

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Criticism for Alyssa

"I kept the network intact for you "Alyssa said, .She was herself out of control 😂😂😂 how was she keeping the network intact by falling herself apart for John's cum 😤😤😤

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

@distantconstellation@wolrab@notatincan @TJSkywind thank u for the discussion .

Love you Tefler for the work. 5star

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Criticism for Alyssa

"I held the pschycic network for you.... " Alyssa was herself falling apart ,dying for John's cum ,how was she keeping the network intact lol.

Alyssa lover

vjplusvjplusabout 3 years ago

Re Tefler,

'People say you can't buy love, but are women more impressed with a broke guy on welfare, or a guy driving a Bentley who can whisk them away to Paris for a weekend? If a hot guy dates a woman and showers her with lavish gifts, will she be impressed and think he's a keeper, or be disgusted and think he's shallow and materialistic?'

As you yourself agree that power and money adds merits for a girl because they provide good things that can be summed in single theory *social security*.

Imagine an open society where social security is easily accessible to people without much of concern or the lovers have found ways to make do with that anyhow. No matter who is above in wealth or power they will love without discrimination to eachother.

FYI, I'm from Indian Subcontinent and you must have heard about bollywood. You can find many, many examples of movies like *Love 86* of Govinda, Mister Majnu in South Indian Movies or so. In these movie, it's clearly shown that power and money aren't only thing satisfactory even though they have enough merits.

There are some other historical examples too.

Here is a common phrase 'love is blind' in our litrary culture of love which I believe that you already know it.

Well, thanks for not letting this TSM go while you had already other works in start 😌😌. And just update your bio in Literotica please! Sometimes I go there and reread what was written there way in start of this TSM 🤣🤣.

(One thing which I also want to tell you that I started a channel where I post your stories on telegram because of request from people whome I talked and were unable to access directly from here for various reasons. I'm sorry that I didn't ask previously as it wasn't intentional to upload all but just some to give them a taste of your writing 😑😑. @ThreeSqareMeals this is the channel link. I would happily transfer channel ownership to you if you even indicate so! DISCLAIMER: I NEVER POSTED THEM AS MINE AND NEVER INTEND TO DO SO. So, please don't report to copyright infringements (I agree that you have full write to do so and if you do so, I will not mind at all and will never stop myself reading directly from here) as people will not be able to read this good content.

Check it out and do communicate your thoughts before taking any (harsh) actions! 😔😔)

NotatincanNotatincanabout 3 years ago

It is innovation and upgrade time. New type of connection; you know what it means: mindgasm for the crew, speculation fun for us.

Did John made a 1 to 1 connection with all the girls on Invictus? Can they access the Kyth'faren knowledge base whenever they want?

Irilith please have an epiphany on how to rebuilt Faye at least a starting point.

Helene channel all the love you feel and feed it to Crystial Alyssium hopefully making a proof of concept for "White metal".

Dana please find a way to mass produce this new wonder material. What about a "Love Forge"? Fueled by endless orgies:

"Love Forge

Love, exciting and new

Come aboard. we're expecting you.

Love, life's sweetest reward.

Let it flow, it floats back to you.

..."

(Love Boat theme by Jack Jones)

Rachel, vats; What are they and how can they be used to recruit more wards?

Tashana Kyth'faren history please dive in.

Sakura, honey, shield draining?

Jehanna creating mass illusions?

Jade and the nymphs more tougher, faster...

Calara don't you think it was very hard to go after every Bromorian Ship by yourself during the last battle. Invictus, Raptor and Valkrie won't be enough, you need more hands when fighting the bigger battle.

Maybe it is time to have a fighter squadron in Invictus? Different races also male, female? Krisalei, Lorathyra, Torvanna and Murphy each with awesome powerful upgraded fighters.

Dana's brother, Tom can also be a good asset to serve on Invictus.

Wait a second Recruitment is XO's job! If there was a way to create the bond with the boys. Not all deserving tummies are female. Alyssa can start to lactate. The color is right but can it work similar to John's cum. John and Alyssa will not be happy if she has to feed right from the source. Dana can make a "Spectra S7000" with grav clicks and all; I hope she can resist the temptation to improve the sucktion.

Let us add Trankarran shock troops, Drakkar raid parties with Drakkar pod mothers, Vulkat scientists, Enshnu guardians, Abandoned maintenance crews, more the merrier all living and fighting together on the Invictus. Too much?

@Unresolved Plots like the idea Mael still alive but even after Rahn's defeat he will not go anywhere near Valada. It is only a matter of time until another Progenitor decides to visit and Mael, in my opinion, wants to keep Malari safe and "unclaimed..."

wolverine006wolverine006about 3 years ago

wnxman- "This brings us to Alyssa and her backstory. I have read comment after comment on here from people that were pleased by this section, but when I read it I couldn't help but feel like that was the biggest missed opportunity of all." ... "This brings us to Alyssa and her backstory. I have read comment after comment on here from people that were pleased by this section, but when I read it I couldn't help but feel like that was the biggest missed opportunity of all."

Fair. Although I was pleased with the background shown from her perspective, you're correct. From what was written, she seemed to have had little direct interaction with Terran authority except perhaps the time she spent at the orphanage.

@all,

I am surprised no one has taken the bait. What bait? The bait I placed earlier in the comments. What was that? What Neysa said to Sakura. Oh, I don't remember what she said. I should probably go and reread that part. Yes you should.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

5 🌟

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES