All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 068'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 259 Comments (Page 3)
AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 7 years ago
D--Amn...

I've been reading these and over the last week read through them all again... Driving myself a bit nuts since I knew there was a Chapter 68 sitting there unread by me...

There were times I felt like skimming my second read but I kept at it... And it was more than worth the forced wait...

I've had some minor points but haven't let them effect my enjoyment...

First, You keep talking about "pints" when her blows the girls up like a beachball. Whenever you say that, I think more like quarts... You'd need at least a gallon or more total to get that kind of size increase unless it was in him as pints and increased in size in them... But, like I said, minor...

When Rachel told him his sperm was in a state of flux, effectively allowing him to decide the child's sex, I wondered how that would work for the nymphs... Will he be able to sire boy "nymphs" - whatever that might mean...?

Also, in relation to the nymphs... He's going to build the race back up... But what about the race's *need* to have masters...? I really don't see him putting up with THAT with his children...

Hope to see Dana reverse engineer the nano-weave for the armor, both personal and on the ships...

Surprised she hasn't built a Dana-class capacitor yet...

Whatever comes, I await anxiously... Loving it...

jlmnjlmnabout 7 years ago
Re: Ambivalence

I hadn't thought about it until reading your comment on repopulating the Nymphs, but Rachel may want to introduce John to the phrase "Genetic Bottleneck". Of course, that can be easily handwaved given that John is psychically rewriting the Girl's DNA. Concerns over genetic disease in low population sizes probably don't apply here.

Wild speculation time: I wonder if girls would become Nymphs and boys would be Progenitors. The assertion that John has made Alyssa into a female Progenitor is the only evidence of any female Progenitors. It's hard to judge Alyssa's degree of Progenitorness against the (male) Progenitor baseline since she is John's Matriarch rather than independent, and isn't taking thralls of her own.

John's father and Mael'nerak (assuming they're not the same person) seem to make use of non-Progenitors for breeding purposes (or, in Mael'nerak's case, at minimum recreational purposes) while still breeding true as Progenitors (i.e. John). Maybe the Progenitor father can pick the species as well as the gender in cross-species breeding, or maybe gender also dictates species as I suggested above for the Nymphs, and Progenitors are always male (Alyssa notwithstanding).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
BSP Armour

When Dana had that moment of the crystal allyssium recipe "clicking" in her head with all the new elements, I thought that was an indication that it was known progenitor tech she inherited via John. We don't know why allysium turns white when Allysa shapes it manually. Maybe when the BSP does it it stays black.

On the subject of armour it was a genius move to introduce the fighter pilots to give that scene a sense of danger since Jade was never really in any (yes she eventually lost her shields after taking down several destroyers but we know that armour is now 15 times tougher than titanium and Athena seemed pretty confident she could fly it directly into Mikaboshi's ship and it would punch straight through

Fantastic cheaper again Tef :-)

ms904191ms904191about 7 years ago

I hope you have submitted ch69 tefler

TeflerTeflerabout 7 years agoAuthor
Chapter 69 submitted

Sorry for the delay, I was waiting for one of my editors.

It should be up on the site by the end of the week, all being well!

Tefler

1handslapping1handslappingabout 7 years ago
better

right enough for you to be satisfied, rather than right now.

We can hardly complain as you do turn it out at about three times the speed of most professional authors (and you manage to somehow get it edited and do re-writes in that time too. and hold down a job. I'm in awe)

now we'll just have to harass you about the next chapter :-)

madbonermadbonerabout 7 years ago
69

Eagerly waiting for chapter 69.

3SM is turning out to be a fanfic of its own with many eager readers speculating different aspects.

Congrats for the effort Tefler.

consistently delivering 10 lit pages of literature is definitely a hard work. Thanks for keeping us happy...

TeflerTeflerabout 7 years agoAuthor

Chapter 69 has been through the first round of moderation, so it should be up tomorrow!

I hope you guys enjoy it.

Tefler

lesublesubabout 7 years ago

It is 23:00 UTC Expect chapter 69 at 06:00 UTC

Use this link

https://www.literotica.com/s/three-square-meals-ch-69

lesublesubabout 7 years ago
error

the link puts a space between the 'e' and the 'a' in meals.

JohnSpiritWolfJohnSpiritWolfabout 7 years ago
LOL's...

Couldn't help but crack up when I saw the last 3 lines from Sakura!

What an amazing story you have crafted for our delight!!!

Bright Blessings to You & Yours Tefler...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thank you

Have loved the entire story so far. My only complaint is it is so addictive . You are truly a gifted writer. Thank you for throwing in the part where Faye went back to rereading Carlo Collodi . Makes me think that sometime soon even she will become a real girl. Keep up the magnificent work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Stackpole

you should add the communication that was at the front and back of the Stackpole Battletech books. This one being Tefler knows too much.

Horseman68Horseman68about 7 years ago
Invictus Rules.

What a great chapter in this magnificent epic. Enough said.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 7 years ago
I am soooo addicted to this series, I cannot stop reading even when I should!

What an awesome (overused but appropo) story that continues to WOW!!! Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Outstanding

Thank you. I continue to enjoy this story immensely. Just love it. Dawn

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Brilliant writer. One of the best I've ever read. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

"The targeting computer was peppering the Kintark ship with laser bolts, and the vessel looked like it was coming down with some nasty spacecraft infection, covered as it was by glowing pockmarks."

While she's busy curing fatal diseases, Rachel will need to come up with a cure for "Raptoritis," I hear it's going around.

no_one_gives_ano_one_gives_aabout 6 years ago
just brilliant

one of the best space fight depictions i have ever read.

ChasingtheSkyChasingtheSkyabout 6 years ago
Brilliant

This just keeps getting better and better!

Thank you for sharing your gifted writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A point of internal security

The gravity lift tube is always open. Anyone can just walk in and infiltrate any deck including the bridge. Even the old elevator has better security; it could require a code or some form of biometrics. But the grav tube is open. How are you gonna fix this flaw? I’m surprised that none of the rescued federation personnel come out of their mind control and just start roamed not the ship in order to find out where they are. Which would lead at least one of them to stumble onto the bridge in the middle school f the battle. But back to my point. How are you going to fix this major security flaw?

MuledriverMuledriveralmost 6 years ago
@anonymous re: grav tubes

In an earlier chapter, the internal security was addressed. There are blast/security doors which can be lowered to close off decks and access.

As for the T-Fed guys going roaming, "the boys" under Faye's control would have have informed them to stay where they were. Most likely, have locked down deck 4 (where they are (i think) ) to keep any from straying out of bounds.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
nice touch

nice touch with the Carlo Collodi reference

SVDIP110SVDIP110over 5 years ago
...It's a trap

Lynton and the Kintark... it's a trap!

I can't believe I read it in Ackbar's voice. Brings back the good old memories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
@anonomous re: a point of internal security

the security is the tech(elevator) being so advanced that no one else knows how to use it. You can see this from previous chapters where they always have to explain it to anyone new that they trusted onboard. They also have Faye watching the cameras onboard the Invictus she is essentially their internal security with the internal gatling turrets until Sakura gives the Invictus a security upgrade.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Carlo Collodi

4th read through this series and this is the first time I looked up Carlo Collodi.. he wrote pinocchio. Faye dreaming of being a real girl. Bravo tefler. Bravo. As someone who loves the classics I never knew this. Bravo. A brilliant tip of the hat to those who came before you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Father & son..

It should be quite obvious by now that the Progenitor rampaging around the area is John's father. Even evil bastards love their children in their own way.

taco1085taco1085almost 5 years ago
omg

2cnd re-read and I love it the second time just as much as the first time.... what a story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wormholes and anti-matter

Just rereading the whole story for the unpteenth time, especially the comments I might have missed! Tefler, you’re ruining me for sooo many other authors 😩! Always GREAT, just as we have all expected!

Re:Draco9881, Regarding using a “wormhole gun” how nasty would it be to put a neutron pulse bomb that would kill all organic life, leaving ship relatively intact!

Re:PLRus, regarding wormhole drive as curving a piece of paper so two corners touch, could you call this a “Möbius Trip?” Also wasn’t I taught that 1 kilogram of anti-matter would completely destabilize our sun? (1974) I think anything over a pound would be extreme overkill.

Wolrab🐝

TheRadekTheRadekalmost 5 years ago
Great job on describing the space battle without getting confused.

Handling a battle with 4 players, divided into 8 parties is a massive task, but i never lost track of the different fleets.

Also im at that point where i skip most of the sex, and concentrate on the great storytelling.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great battle narrative

Ditto the last comment

I too skip over the sex scenes. Thanks for your great story

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyabout 4 years ago
RE: Skipping the sex scenes.

While it's your choice what you choose to read, the sex (physical manifestations of love) is integral to the story and the character relationships. It's integral to the personalities and motivation of everyone on the crew and it's alluded to in the story title, "Three Square Meals" ...of cum! Personally I think it's a shame to carve parts of someone's art away because you're not 'into it', when you should just consume the work as a whole as the author intended. But it's your choice, it's just a bad one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

I agree in part, yes it is the authors art and their decision on how to share it, however, there are only so many ways you can lovingly or roughly shove a cock in some pussy ass or mouth and fuck it senseless before the descriptors becomes desensitised and more distracting than enhancing.

The overarching story and character development, on the other hand, are captivating and continuously enjoyable.

ramblin2020ramblin2020almost 4 years ago

Awesome chapter. Great job on the space combat. Also, kudos for the nice throwaway reference to Carlo Collodi!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sssssnake sssspeech

While it's fine for the Kintark to do the sssnake sssspeak thing when they are talking to humans, presumably in English (*ahem* Terran), having them do it when they are speaking to one another is just silly. It's like a movie having Germans speak horribly accented English to each other even when there are no Brits or Americans around.

SigonSigonover 3 years ago

Poor sakura, slept through an epic battle.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I skip all the sex scenes too; they became boring long ago. There's only so many ways to do it, especially when the girls are more or less identical. The sex, and those long debriefs, now only serve as an annoying interruption to your most excellent action story.

I give you 5 stars on your story in spite of, not because of, all the mundane sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Super episode. Drinks for the camera crew, film special effects engineers and costume designers .... aah, err ... I mean the writer and editors.

This should really be on HBO.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Unbelievable!!

How on earth do you keep all that stuff straight!? PLEASE don't listen to the critics of your writing! You have a serious gift and I'm astounded by the story. You could, of course, make serious money as an author which, I guess, you probably do. I'm assuming this is a hobby that you entertain on the side but wow.. amazing talent you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Again a great chapter. You’re fightings scenes are magnificent, but a few things are bugging me.

John wants Jade to be safe, meanwhile he takes all kind of stupid risks like fighting a dragon for personal reasons and adding a new member to the team endangering them all because he still do not understand how the astral plane works.

Dreamdog519Dreamdog519over 2 years ago

Best chapter yet. Though I find it hard to believe that an incompetent like Santini could have risen so high in a command structure but in truth I know it really does happen.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 2 years ago

Wow, the Lion turns / saves the battle at Regulus! Awesome! (Perhaps Another Promotion?) ... ;-) TTFN

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I wonder why John leads? In DND, it would be like playing a bard when the bard is not the most powerful character but is excellent at powering up everyone else. In this case of leading the offensive at the end, he didn't bother to try to command. He simply turned the command over to Calara. From the story, it seems that at least 3 characters are smarter than him. It seems that Carlara and Jade could defeat him in melee. Alyssa is a better shot and a far better mage (psionic). I'm not sure that he should be leader. Alyssa is probably the best leader and does lead in many ways. Still, I think the story is very creative. Thanks.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithabout 2 years ago

And will the Lion and the Lionesses get another bounty for capturing the Thor's Hammer? For the orphans fund of course, ... ;-) TTFN

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

John is always going on about the girls safety, as mentioned by Anonymous. The actual facts are that the girls are replaceable and their mental conditioning will help them get over it and also accept the replacement girl as one of their own. The only irreplaceable person is John. If John dies the girls will retain their physic powers but will start to age, while unfortunately for Jade she will become a sex slave to the next guy she sees as she will beg him to be her master. So they all fly back to the yet again civil war torn Malari. Illrith and her mother Eradale have 250 years to live and are nice while the human crew have 65 normal years of aging before dying, and Jade just becomes a sex slave since no one can live just spending all day saying “ are you my new master?”

So John is the linchpin to the entire operation and everyone and everything is expendable bar him. So maybe John needs to cool his jets and spend some real time learning his shit. Shit being all those mental powers he has as part of his dna but refuses to learn. Such as telepathy. He has it he knows he has it but be refuses to train for it and just says “ I tried yesterday and it didn’t work so forget it.” John is a real tosser at times and a gutless cry baby at other times. Maybe 1/3 worthy person.

skippersdadskippersdadover 1 year ago

How much higher can they promote him, hell he won't take it this is a really good story,

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

After a battle like that the final words came from Sakurai 😂😂. 5⛤

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 1 year ago

Tbh space battles are better than repetitive sex scenes, but I’m trying to work out why any kind of space craft has wings when it’s designed to work in a vacuum? Anyone thinking about writing space battle scenes have a watch of the old Babylon5 space battle footage, yes the effects are old and unconvincing, but they got the action somewhere near, which is more than can be said for a lot of books/stories/films/tv shows.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithabout 1 year ago

That was one heck of a space battle, and while Sakura along with many of the rescued mine workers slept through it all, ... it was a great chapter, too bad Sakura missed so much of it, ... ;-) TTFN

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2uabout 1 year ago

Regulas has no suns let alone 4. It has 4 stars though. There is only 1 sun in existence and it’s 8 light minutes away from us. The sun is the star that resides in the heart of the solar system, that’s the star system called Sol. That’s us by the way and that’s the scientific terms to describe us. All other stars are just that stars not suns. And those stars if they have planets or asteroid belts or other things gravitationally bound are then called Star Systems.

In a Star System the star name gets a 1 after it, so Regulas 1 and since this is a star system with 4 gravitationally locked stars they are Regulas 1 Regulas 2..3..and 4. The first planet is called Regulas 5 since the first 4 are stars. So each planet in the star system get a higher number as you go out. That’s the naming convention. So really earth’s real name is Sol 4.

ranec1ranec111 months ago
Mean As!!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

"Now that, was fucking awesome!"

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith11 months ago

-- Totally Awesome, ... what fun space battle to read, ... excellent bouncing about to various P.O.V.'s, ... I love the Invictus at this point in the story, ... and with only a few minor improvements I would've wished Tef to leave any major upgrades (***spoiler*** like adding a Singularity Driver to the ship's arsenal) and to use the facilities at the Genthalas Shipyard to lay down a wholly new ship, ... it could take much more time than doing the upgrades to an old assault cruiser, and John could save the Invictus for Charles, upgrades and all, ... ;-) ttfn

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith11 months ago

[ correction] -- Totally Awesome, ... what fun space battle to read, ... excellent bouncing about to various P.O.V.'s, ... I love the Invictus at this point in the story, ... and with only a few minor improvements I would've wished Tef to leave any major upgrades (***spoiler*** like adding a Singularity Driver to the ship's arsenal) and to use the facilities at the Genthalas Shipyard to lay down a wholly new ship, ... it shouldn't take much more time than working the upgrades into an old assault cruiser, and John could save the Invictus for Charles, with its upgraded Power Core, FTL, Fresh Air, Sensors and Beam Lasers, wow, ... ;-) ttfn

Rhino77PIlotRhino77PIlot10 months ago

No comment.

🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟

(Star system in recalibration....)

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith9 months ago

--Wow, Faye got to play with the big guns, .... more starships need a 'Faye' to help them, .... she sure is handy for so much, .... and she's an excellent alarm clock too, .... And with all the combat, the Invictus (and the Raptor) came through it all without a scratch, ... that's amazing too, ...

-- So, it's time for further upgrades, ... I still think that Genthalas Shipyard could work up a wholly new 'Invictus' for John (using Dana's schematics) in about the same time as reworking the upgrades through an old assault cruiser, and it would be a tougher ship too, ... they should really keep the old / original Invictus for a gift for Charles (when he retires), but keep a copy of Faye onboard to help out, ... ;-) ttfn

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

"I still think that Genthalas Shipyard could work up a wholly new 'Invictus' for John (using Dana's schematics) in about the same time as reworking the upgrades through an old assault cruiser"

One of the main believability issues with this otherwise excellent series is the ludicrous speed with which upgrades are installed...

ranec1ranec18 months ago
WHERE IS IT!!

patiently waiting for the yellow N

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith5 months ago

If they had saved the original Invictus for Charles (a retirement gift), then I would hope that they'd include a copy of the gun welding pixie we just saw tear those Kintark a new one, ... Charles would surely love his very own 'unshackled AI' and who wouldn't adore our sweet little Faye (but maybe name the AI copy something else (they could be sisters), ... And while the Genthalas engineers are at it, they could make Jack a Fernandez family ship (based on the Damocles) as his retirement gift, ... but remember to include his own Dojo, ... if only, ... ;-) ttfn

ShaggyDogStoryShaggyDogStory2 months ago

I've criticised plenty of aspects of this series, but I won't knock this chapter - a high point in a hugely inconsistent series.

It was a hugely complicated space battle, well explained using lots of POVs, while keeping the pace up, including new or peripheral characters. An excellent example of show, don't tell.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
6818 Followers
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES