All Comments on 'Three Steps to Heaven'

by Maonaigh

Sort by:
  • 66 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What a lovely story! 5 Stars!

And what a gifted writer you are. I loved everything about Jessie. I fell in love with her-and I'm a guy. Sigh! This story was entertaining from the get-go, with so many entertaining and creative situations. Like the hot coffee on the creeps' lap. And of course there was Milly. So well-drawn-out, that one. The moment you described Amelia, I knew we were in for an interesting ride. You're so gifted, Maonaigh. Makes me feel sad for the rest.

JoyJoy4MeJoyJoy4Meover 6 years ago
Wow! Wow!

Thank you for this wonderful tale of love. It had me in tears it was simply beautiful. This is most definitely going into my favorites.

podslypodslyover 6 years ago

Not my favorite of yours but damn that was good

LinneaLundinLinneaLundinover 6 years ago
Another Beautiful Piece

You’ve yet to fail me Maonaigh. Please keep up the exceptional work. Your characters are captivating, and the story was very engaging. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Fantastic!

Keep ‘em coming! Couldn’t put it down. Many thanks.

jenorma2012jenorma2012over 6 years ago
ok

not bad, but too long for me to read all at once, thank god for buses, I read a lot of this on the bus, but still ending up skipping about a page and a half, and as I said good story

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Awesome

i liked the length. Most are way too short. Wham Bam thank you mam. Nice characters. 5 star.

WaxPhilosophicWaxPhilosophicover 6 years ago
You weave a wonderful tale

Maonaigh,

I love your stories. The characters are so wonderful and real. Halfway in I'm cheering them on, and reaching the end I'm relieved that they finally got it together and figured out that they're in love. The song references are an added bonus. This is another in a line of beautiful romances that you have created.

On a personal note I have to say, with that lovely fourposter bed, I was a bit sad that no one got tied up on it. Oh well, different strokes for different folks, I guess. :-)

-WP-

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Pretty good for an old , straight guy

Really enjoy your writing

Shaima32Shaima32over 6 years ago
Excellent story

Excellent story and I loved the Gerald Ford comment, it was on point. The story was long but it had to be that length to give you time to explore the characters and put everything in context. Your setting of an English village was very good although I kind of questioned Amelia's love of Macs, considering her job description a lot of them do use Linux although you can use it as a back end and have Mac or Windows on top. Just a minor criticism but all in all a heart warming read, is there a sequel to this story or are you going to leave it as it is?

Lonely_readerLonely_readerover 6 years ago
Pretty good until

Amelia confessed about her tattoos. I'm not against them per se but the image of an "heavily tattooed" woman really cooled me off. Couldn't even finish the story.

I'm not saying it sucked or that you shouldn't put inked characters into it, mind you, just that for my tastes it wasn't enjoyable anymore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great story

Loved it from beginning to end. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Three Steps to Heaven

The first story of yours that I've read....loved every word, and will be reading more of your stories for sure.

Bridget69Bridget69over 6 years ago
The girl with the dragonfly tattoo

While the title only refers to three, I enjoyed every step and situation leading towards the heaven that was Jessie and Amelia's relationship. I love a story that makes you feel as though you've visited a different place and met different people. Also, I don't think you can pinpoint becoming a lesbian on bad experiences with jerks. You could be with the nicest guys in the world and still come to that realization.

germanchocolate4ugermanchocolate4uover 6 years ago

This story is Heaven and it only took me Three click to get there. Good job Maonaigh

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Lesbian readers

If you want actual lesbians to read your stories, I'd suggest you not include a whole Lit page of heterosexual relationships and sex. Total turn-off; I stopped reading after Cliff. Yuck. Also, a whole Lit page of crap relationships is a dreadful way to start a story. Who wants to read a story that starts with several depressing, I've-always-been-a-victim scenarios to start off? Not me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
One third of Holy Trinity in action again

Another "blast" of Unconditional Love from my personal "Holy Trinity" of nowadays literature and I don't mean only the lesbian literature department!

I am talking about ScattySue/MAONAIGH/VictoriaWright Trinity and the blast is of course this last story of Maonaigh named “Three Steps to Heaven“. For me it's written from the point-of-view of Unconditional Love and with that I don't mean only the content of story itself but energy and understanding that flows from the story. This Love is caught into words that flow from the inner Source, from the Hearth. There are a lot of skilfully written pieces of literature, also here on Literotica, but I can't get my connection to them because of way to cerebral and therefore superficial approach to the writing. That's not the case with my Holy Trinity.

Maonaigh, I'm very, very, very, ..... very, very fond of your stories. But the last two ones ("Time After Time" and “Three Steps to Heaven“) really speak to my Hearth.

Many thanks from a guy from south Central Europe. I hope that my English is understandable enough and not to funny.

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenover 6 years ago
Awesome story!

Oh, this one was really good! I loved it from start to finish. Thank you for sharing it with us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Perplexing

I continued reading this because you actually write really well. I thought it had promise to turn into a really well paced lesbian story, and then once all the straight relationship talk was over it went down an odd path that was boring and lazy, like no more effort was put in. I never once had a clear image of either character, perhaps because there wasn't a lot of referencing, and for some reason I thought the story was set in the 60's until certain things brought me up to date. Although drawing a laugh once or twice, the English expressions started sounding a bit silly and off putting, almost as if an American was writing it, assuming that's how British people spoke. I was disappointed with the relationship to be honest. It was all a bit rushed and unbelievable and it made me cock an eyebrow when the character insisted she accept herself as gay despite her saying she lived her; seemed like an unnecessary bit that wasn't built up enough for the reader to sympathise, came across as something a young teenager would write. Neither had an appealing or interesting personality, the dynamic between the two was non-existent since you skipped most of their assumed interaction and relationship. The sex wasn't enjoyable to read and the dragonfly tat was an odd thing to add. Did you rush the end? You could have done better. I'm underwhelmed and annoyed I read it all; clearly you can write, but the story was weak and disappointing. I apologise for being blunt. I'm being honest.

You have talent, I'd love to write something that flowed organically like the start of your story did, but absolutely turned into a head scratcher.

The_South_Central_Europe_GuyThe_South_Central_Europe_Guyover 6 years ago
Troll darkness

Of course, everyone has the right to his or her own opinion and potential criticism, but it's really interesting that when people write about lust or the mixture between narcissism and lust they call love, than is all O. K., you can read almost only positive comments. But when someone writes about true unselfish love, there it goes, the troll company start messing around almost by definition.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I Loved It

I have thoroughly enjoyed all your stories and this was the best one yet. Thank you and 5 well deserved stars.

MaonaighMaonaighover 6 years agoAuthor
Thanks

Thanks for all the comments on this story. As always, very encouraging. I do seem to have displeased/ annoyed a couple of "Anons" with it, well, I guess that's the way it goes with writing, you can't please everyone---far better writers than I am have had their brickbats. So, mea culpa and I'll try to do better next time.

exfftx11exfftx11over 6 years ago
Wonderful story

It's really entertaining to be able to read a story as well written as this one.

You have put together two wonderful people with a story line that doesn't treat them as if being lesbian made them DBSM freaks. I HATE gay stories that always get written that way.

Thank you again for a great story.

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenover 6 years ago
Great story!

This is my second time through, and I enjoyed it even more than the first time! Thank you for sharing this with us!

GromitDKGromitDKover 6 years ago
The best

Absolutely your best story to date! Lovede the dialog. Keep 'em coming!

TrueMortTrueMortover 6 years ago
I loved this

I so loved reading this, especially the tattoos very nice.

bootneck81bootneck81over 6 years ago
Wonderful

A wonderful story from beginning to end, loved every chapter.

Sexy_LisaSexy_Lisaabout 6 years ago
Great Story!

I was a great story to read, to be sure I will come back and read it again at a later time. If I can give one little hint, this would be it. Not being from the UK, some of the terms you had used went a little over my head. Having spent sometime in England and Scotland, I did pick up a few off handed slang words, but when asked they were quickly explained as to their meaning. Some words can't be translated... but it's just an opinion, for what ever that is worth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Touché sexy Lisa

As a Brit, we have this problem all the time with American novelists, when this point was highlighted on a story I recently read, one of our commenters was told to use google, hardly helpful. With the US penchant for lettering everything, a simple search can often return multiple meanings.

Perhaps you can start a new movement, the sexy Lisa campaign to get rid of useless acronyms permanently or the SLCT-GROUP :-)

Bigfan1952Bigfan1952over 5 years ago
Lovely Story

and so well written. Unlike so much of what one finds here the prose is clear and flows nicely. Lots of fun little insights. If I have any criticism it's this: You say at one point, "Orion together with the Pleiades cluster" when it's freezing cold out. Those stars are summer visitors and well below the horizon by the time cold weather arrives. Other than that, I loved the story and the ending and will favorite it. Now, on to your others... Thanks!

YourLinkYourLinkover 5 years ago
Again a touching story!

By again, I mean that this is my 3rd go around with this story. I guess I gonna hafta go through all of your tales again. That goodness for Kleenex. I'm leaking and heartfully so.

MarshallaMarshallaover 5 years ago
Heartwarming ...,

... and I loved it. Every moment of it, thank you very much.

Brought a smile to my face, and that takes some doing.

5 Stars, and thank you.

Btw, here in the Great Lakes area of the US, Orion can be seen just fine during the cold winter months. ;-)

DeschileDeschileover 5 years ago
loved it!

I love how you express things. ❤

Thanks for taking your time to post a comment on my story.

And, you guessed right. English is not my first language; not even the second. I speak 5 languages and you can say English is my fourth. Be that as it may, I have learnt a lot of things about writing stories after reading yours. 🥂

- Love, Deschile

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Fantastic story,as ever

Loved this story, for a male author, you're truly in touch with your feminine side.

Bigfan, not sure where you live, but in the UK winter is before and after Christmas, the stars can only be seen October to April, therefore it will be cold.

vanmyers86vanmyers86almost 5 years ago
A warm tale of winter love

Just read this and am lying on my couch smiling. Love is love, in all of its flawed and human glory, and you depict it so well!

Thank you, M, for giving me something lovely on a day when I needed distraction and hope!

Van

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
smile

Smile, that's it. Just WOW! And thank you, really! Best, A

JoyJoy4MeJoyJoy4Mealmost 5 years ago

Went to my favorites list and picked this lovely story to reread. Just perfect.

Nightfall64Nightfall64over 4 years ago
Awe

Awe damn I always hate it when the really good ones end, guess I'll have to read it over and over from time to time, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Seems unfair ...

... that all men are reputed to dislike the flavour of a warm wet quim, just because of the egotistical jerks among us. My first time licking my first girlfriend's pussy was amazing - when she came, I blew my load onto the floor where I was kneeling next to the bed. I hadn't even touched myself. I crave licking a pretty pussy more than anything else sex can give.

Which is why I love lesbian erotica so much. Almost everything that includes a man is entirely dick-focused. So tired of that.

In my next life, can I please be a woman, of the lesbian flavour?

Sexy_LisaSexy_Lisaover 4 years ago
Second reading....

My second time reading the story, and if it were possible, I'd give it another 5 stars. This was a well written story. Once more, thanks for sharing with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Quite nice.

Several things:

Why do so many stories of women “turning” lesbian contain references to lousy boyfriends or husbands? Why couldn’t she have had experiences with nice guys but realize ultimately that she was gay?

I thought their claims of love were too fast and didn’t really fit the timeline of their relationship.

The first few pages were interesting and well written but the second half seemed to have been written in haste and lacked those qualities.

Still a 5* effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Reread. Again. I love these characters!

Air_DryAir_Dryover 2 years ago

I will get caught up but I'm late, I'm still late. I really enjoyed this one as I have the others of yours I've read. I was startled to see a comment from the lovely Shaima. I've read a lot of comments from a large variety of readers but I do not recall having seen any comments from her. To me that's high praise. Well done!

ArkingArkingover 2 years ago

Oh WOW. That was one of the loveliest coming out romantic love stories I've read. 5 starts isn't enough. Thank you from an old 'dyke' it warms my heart to read such stories. It will take me some time especially if they are all 6 pages long, [well worth it in this case]. I would love to chat with you. Warm Regards Bobbi

PS you're contact email isn't working but if you find the time please drop me a line at:- theowls1952@gmail.com

Nerdyqueen94Nerdyqueen94over 2 years ago

How often do parents know their child isn't straight first? Mine were kinda like oh now you've caught up. I loved this story as I have all the others you've written.

FandeborisFandeborisover 2 years ago

This is one of the loveliest I read in a long time. 5 stars isn't enough. Got to read again, only slower. I am sure it will be just as romantic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Beautiful story 5*+

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusover 2 years ago

A fully fledged adult's arrested development and the delayed discovery of one's sexual identity are worthy topics, and you have tackled them well in other of your works and particularly well in this one. I am amazed at the number of commentators who tell you how they would have liked you to change the story ("Why does it have to start with man-bashing?") or change the characters ("Why do they have to be English and speak in English locutions?"). My answer to them is, "Write your own damned story, just the way you want it written!"

I appreciate that each of your stories has its own integrity, and that you keep stretching yourself. You do, though, have an apparent fixation on love at first sight that you might want to reexamine.

Another product well deserving of 5 stars.

alexwatson62alexwatson62about 2 years ago

Your stories never seem to age no matter how often I read them.

I have just read Smile (yet again), and am off to read Time After Time (also yet again).

You already know just how much I love the way you lay out your literature.

vanmyers86vanmyers86about 2 years ago

Having a lazy Saturday, and thought I would revisit a story by one of my favorite authors. You do such a deft job at pacing and character development that it takes no effort at all to immerse myself in the worlds you create. You're a wonderful writer - thank you for this love story. - Hugs, Van

DessertmanDessertmanover 1 year ago

Again a story I loved. If I am ever reincarnated I would want to be a woman loving woman. I want to love my woman with the love, sensitivity and eroticism that you portray so well. No wham bam thank you ma'am for me!

You know the situation!

Rambling_ChantrixRambling_Chantrixover 1 year ago

A happy coming out always fucks me up, thanks for sharing this beautiful joyous tale with us <3

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thanks again for another marvelous love story. I'm rereading them and loving them all over again, just fewer tears this time.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 1 year ago

Pure Romance ..... Smile ☺️ ....... Great tale and happy doe the girls ..... And i fell in live with this windmill cottage , dreamy housing and in the countryside as add on, so perfection ...... Just fab again

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝🍀

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

boring, it just keeps going on and on

Nightwish1977Nightwish1977over 1 year ago

I loved this story, thanks.

AquariusgirlAquariusgirlabout 1 year ago

I remember reading this a long time ago & have stumbled across it again today (well yesterday, I started reading late last night).

I absolutely adore this story, your writing is amazing, as are your characters.

It's definitely 5 stars from me ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

P.s I didn't want the story to end :)

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

could not get past the first page...BORING111111111111111111111

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A lovely romantic story.

Thank you.

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai6438 months ago

A really lovely story!

Don't worry about the comment by anonymous 2 below, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't know a good story if it walked up and bit them!

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A sheer delight from the start to the end.

PygmyCohoPygmyCoho4 months ago

Boring as:

A cat twitching in dream-sleep.

Spanish moss dancing to zephyr’s tunes.

A thick blanket on an icy morning.

The sea birthing a golden moonrise.

This was a lovely story that I could not stop reading, and will read again. Thank you!

Avidreader3142Avidreader31424 months ago

I’ve read most of your stories now and this was just the best…

Thanks so much for all your work…

Paul

Diablo184Diablo1843 months ago

I’m not sure boring is the right word, I’m not the biggest fan of the structure the writing is in I would say rambling or distracting. But I do agree with the sentiment I stoped after page 1.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMaonaigh@Maonaigh
I've been writing semi-pro since the 1960s, most of my stories falling under the blanket heading of weird tales. However, I'd written nothing for 5-6 years because my wife was very ill and disabled and care for her was my priority. Some months after her death in December 2013 ...