All Comments on 'Through the Side Door Pt. 04'

by Carl_Bradford

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
Karen_48Karen_48over 3 years ago

This has turned out to be another great story. I can’t wait to see where you take it next.

Carl_BradfordCarl_Bradfordover 3 years agoAuthor
Age of Slaves

Dear Whackadoodle: Every story I post begins with some version of the following words: "This story is set in a world where legalized, non-hereditary slavery is common-place for serious crime, unredeemed debt, or voluntary self-indenture. Eighteen years of age is the minimum for anyone in this world to be enslaved or involved in slave business operations." Furthermore, it is a convention of this universe--not only for me but other authors--that free people may voluntarily suspend their rights for purposes such as slave grading, kennelling, or a personal services contract. Real slavery is an abomination, but enslaving children is even more horrendous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Ignore Whackdoodle, keep writing!

I have no idea what Whackdoodle's problem is, beyond mere ignorance. But I love your world-building, it really holds together well and hope you'll keep writing .

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Ignore the naysayers.

You have described the grading process multiple times in your writing. Please find something to make it special this trip. Maybe one step beyond the grading to a rigged auction to scare the ____ out of Willow.

Justliz69Justliz69over 3 years ago
Whackdoodle...

If you bother to read any of the storylines, you will know that even though "slavery" is legal in these stories, there are still laws governing what, who and what age someone may be enslaved. So, your comments about what you can do to a slave and what age they may be is just as bad as your name.

@Carl...keep up the stories. I have enjoyed all of them so far!

mul717ud35mul717ud35over 3 years ago

One of the best writers in the genre doing their thing masterfully. Not everyone gets it but for everyone that rates or favourites or comments there are tens, hundreds if not thousands of us who really enjoy what you're writing. Keep up the great work. I can't wait for the next installment.

Some people seem to get upset about fiction in the slavery genre but there are plenty of things in the real world that they'd be much better focusing on. I think for most people enjoying a good story is a fun treat but there's no danger of confusing it with reality. That's kind of the point of fantasy - escapism.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Great story. My husband and I think your story lines are perfect. Can't wait for the next installment. Thank you for taking your time to bring these tales to light.

Carl_BradfordCarl_Bradfordover 3 years agoAuthor
Future Stories

Thanks to those who posted kind words concerning this story. I have at least two other plots partially written. Unfortunately, I'm facing several minor medical procedures during the next few weeks, so there may be a considerable delay before I complete and post another tale. If you enjoyed "Through the Side Door," I hope you will read (and score) my previous works.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous