Tied Up in Knotts Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"He's killing it out there," Christian said as the senior dominated the field.

Kayde had just thrown the javelin and everyone was anxiously waiting to find out if he broke a record, that's how incredible the throw was. The distance was put up, 205-08 making the crowd go wild. Kayde had just beat the previous record by almost an inch. It was total insanity. His smile was so big and genuine you could help but smile along. He was practically radiating excitement on the field.

He wasn't the only one, his entire village exploded at the top of our section. I turned around to see Ryan fist pumping the sky in excitement. I had to give it to them, it didn't matter how many times their family killed it, every new victory was met with the same genuine excitement. There never seemed to be an expectation of winning, only pure surprise and excitement every time someone did well. They were always proud as could be.

I wish more kids had the support system that the Knott kids had. That all kids had a village like theirs. Their village was big, consisting of the Knott brothers, their parents, two of the wives families, and the Lewis family (who weren't blood-related but that didn't seem to matter). They went to everything with each other and supported every event there was. It never mattered how far away, they were there. All of them.

When the excitement died down everyone focused on the field again. We focused on Mason, Christian's best friend. He was a quiet Hispanic distance runner who was crazy talented, yet managed to fly completely under the social radar. He was the best distance runner Lincoln had seen since, well, since I was in high school, and he was pretty close to exceeding my skill.

We cheered at his strong start and I was impressed by his pace. He was a natural. He was making great time as he neared the end of the three thousand meter race. He had no need to kick it, but he did, smoking the runner-up by several yards.

We stood and cheered as he approached us, red-faced and sweaty.

"You did good out there!" I congratulated him with a pat on the shoulder.

"I PR'd but I didn't beat you," he frowned in a teasing manner.

"What can I say?" I shrugged my shoulder and shot him a cocky look, "it's hard to beat greatness."

"Humble as ever," he laughed. "I still have a chance to beat your record next year."

His determination made me laugh.

"Hey, everyone needs something to fuel their fire, never give up man."

"Ten bucks says Cushman could come closer to beating his high school record now, as an old man, than you could," David challenged Mason, making us laugh.

"I doubt that," I said. "I'm thirty-two now. I made that record fifteen years ago. That's half my life ago. But hey, I appreciate the compliment."

"What are you talking about?" David looked at me like I was crazy. "You're a badass who's always running marathons and shit, you could totally kick Mason's ass."

I couldn't help rolling my eyes at the praise. It was the kind of attention I hated. Plus, I wanted to highlight the kids, not myself

"I feel a challenge coming on," Christian rubbed his hands together, evilly.

The idea of a race between the two of us had Mason sitting up a little straighter. I couldn't tell how he felt about it. Was he excited, nervous, not interested? His expression didn't give much away.

"A race?! That sounds interesting. I'd support that," Christian added then turned to Mason. "Wanna race Cushman? See who's the better man, once and for all?"

Mason thought about it for a moment before slowly shaking his head.

"Yeah. There's nothing to lose. If Cushman wins, it's because he's a record holder and a marathon pro if I win—bragging rights for life," he said with a bright smile and a cocky head nod.

"I'm not going to race if that's your attitude. You have to have something to lose or it's not worth fighting for. Come up with a good reason why I should race you, then we'll talk," I told him.

Mason deflated a little but I think he understood what I was saying. The concept was good. A race between the two of us could be the motivation he needed to push himself. There was no one at school good enough to push him.

I could be his carrot.

We continued to watch the athletes compete. Mason left to support his teammates. The other kids that rode with me came and went as they pleased, including David and Christian. I mingled with the other spectators. A lot of them were kids I knew or parents I was friends with.

Eventually, the kids came back from whatever they were doing because they were hungry. There was only a small concession stand open and the food didn't look all that appealing so they asked if I could drive them to Subway. We decided to get our food to go. That way we could continue to watch the events.

As soon as we re-entered the campus, the teens took off toward the bleachers, leaving me to walk back alone. I was passing the line of porta-potties when one of the doors opened and Ryan stepped out. As soon as he saw me his face lit up with one of his signature smiles.

"Nash! I'm so glad you came today. The kids always love it when you come around."

"Are you kidding me? I love watching this stuff. They work so hard to get here and there's nothing better than watching the pride and happiness on their faces when they do well."

I knew I was smiling brightly, I always did when it came to the kids.

"Speaking of—" I added, "Kayde killed it."

Ryan beamed like the proud father he was.

"It was amazing, wasn't it? He's something else. I'm so proud of that kid," he said with longing in his eyes.

"He's a hell of a kid. There's lots to be proud of."

There was a brief pause while we walked towards the bleachers. It wasn't awkward or uncomfortable, it just...was. When we reached the bottom of the stairs he turned and faced me.

"We're going to celebrate before we go home. You should come. Kayde would love to see you there."

I smiled at the gesture but I never took them personally. They always invited everyone. I could've been a random Joe he just met and he'd still have invited me because it was the kind thing to do. I almost never took him up on his invitations. There were too many people who went for the wrong reasons and I had no intention of being one of those people. The ones who only went because it was a Knott event.

"Maybe," I offered. "I have a car full of kids that I need to get home. We'll probably do something really quick so we can hit the road."

He looked a little frustrated at my excuse.

"I'm serious, you should come."

Before I could respond, Penn, his younger brother, came bounding down the stairs until he was standing with us. This was my cue to leave. One Knott brother was plenty, two is overwhelming. Plus, they had better things to do than hang with me.

I quickly ducked away and jogged up the steps until I found my seat. I had no plans on attending their celebratory dinner. Even if I wanted to, it's always slightly weird. They're all so close, it's nearly impossible not to feel like an outsider. As confident and well known as I was, they had a way of making me feel like the un-cool loner kid. I ate my lunch and watched the rest of the events while simultaneously socializing with everyone around me.

At some point, a few of the kids managed to convince me to make the most ridiculous Instagram video. It was a weird filter that distorted my face and changed my voice. They made me sing and dance to "Virtual Insanity" by Jamiroquai. I have to admit that the video was so ridiculous I couldn't stop laughing as I watched it replay. The video continued to loop as it got passed around. I didn't mind making a fool of myself if it made the kids happy, and boy were the kids having a good time at my expense. Even the parents couldn't get enough of the video. Before I knew what was happening the video was being posted on multiple social media platforms for the world to see. There were probably over a hundred videos of me online by that point, even more, if you count the ones I had no idea were being filmed.

Just another day in the life of a YEVO Director.

****

It was almost eight in the evening when we made it to the truck after all the events wrapped up. Some of the kids who competed and various spectators had left earlier but we stuck it through to the end.

"The million dollar questions. Where's dinner?" I asked as everyone loaded up, the smaller of the kids being forced to sit in the third row with barely any leg room.

Food always seemed to be the most important part of any trip. It was usually the only concrete thing we planned out in advance.

"Red Pepper Pizza!" Half the truck shouted at once. It was a crowd favorite. I'd been there once and it was hands down the best pizza I ever had.

"Red Pepper Pizza it is," I confirmed as I started the truck. I checked the mirror to make sure everyone was buckled and ready to go, then pulled out of our parking spot and navigated our way to dinner.

Cayden pulled up the online menu on his phone so we could plan our order in advance. We knew the place would be packed since it was a popular spot.

The truck was barely parked when the doors opened and Cayden, David, Christian, and both Madisons bolted out, running inside the restaurant to get a spot in line, leaving Sarah and Autumn to stumble over the back seats before racing after their friends.

We were right. The restaurant was packed when I walked in. They'd managed to find a free table. I joined David and Sarah who were stepping up the register.

"Hold this," I handed David the ticket with our number on it, "I'm gonna run to the bathroom real fast."

His eyebrows knitted as he took the ticket.

"Our order is gonna be twenty minutes, how long do you plan on taking?"

"Just get the sodas and sit your butt down," I said, waving him off before heading to the men's room.

As I rounded the corner I was stopped by a line of men waiting to relieve themselves. I knew I should have gone before we left campus. Ten minutes later I washed my hands and hurried back to the table only to find it void of any familiar faces. Confused, I looked around trying to figure out what was going on.

"Nash!"

I glanced around trying to find the voice. I finally spotted Cayden at the far end of the restaurant. He waved me over then disappeared through a door. I had no idea what was going on but followed him anyway.

If I was less of a man I would have stumbled when I walked into the strange room. It was full of people; all of whom I knew, none of whom I'd expected to eat with.

"Look who made it," Ryan shouted. "Welcome!"

I smiled and gave a slight wave at everyone then walked over to congratulate Kayde, Ellie, and Lexi, who had all done amazing.

"Impressive work today, Kayde."

He blushed slightly at the compliment. I chucked at his reaction and squeezed his shoulder, then moved along, acknowledging Ellie and Lexi on their performances.

"Where's Lee?" Tia Lewis, a member of the village, asked.

"He's at a conference in DC. Learning things so boring if I think about them for too long my brain will go numb and I'll die."

Tia laughed, "I bet he's having the time of his life, though."

"Of course," I smiled. "He's like a kid in a candy store. He can hardly contain his excitement."

"And that's why we pay him the big bucks!" Lenny, Tia's husband, chimed in.

Lenny and Tia were best friends with the Knotts. They always partied together, vacationed together, and lived life together. They owned the garbage company, which sounds ridiculous, but they were probably the wealthiest family in town. It helped that everyone had to use their services. Like the Knotts, they were humble and kind. I was actually decent friends with them. Lenny had been my track coach in middle school and he even followed me to high school. Over the years we'd remained close and his son, Jay, was one of the kids I mentored.

"And we appreciate your business."

"Anything for Cushman!" he shouted back as I walked toward the end where an empty chair was.

I gave him a thumbs up. Everyone knew I made crap for money and their way of compensating for my peanuts was to hire Lee. I guess they figured if Lee was making money then I'd continue working with their kids—they weren't wrong.

There was always this weird divide in situations like this, where there were kids and adults. I never quite knew where I belonged. On one hand, I was an adult and should hang with the adults. On the other hand, I loved the kids and genuinely enjoyed hanging out with them. In fact, most of the time they were more fun than their older counterparts.

I usually didn't give it too much thought but there were times, like now, when I was laughing hysterically with the teens, that I'd catch a glance from some of the adults and wonder what they thought. I wondered if they were annoyed that I rarely joined them.

That was also part of the problem. Parents seemed to always exclude their kids, then get upset that they didn't know anything about them. I knew more about most kids than their parents did. I also knew more about most of the parents than they realized.

It was the car rides. Put kids in a car, turn on some music, and sit back while they tell you every detail of their life.

I knew lots about the Lewis family from both Jay and Lexi. Like the fact, the kids each had a twin mattress on either side of their parents' bed until they were thirteen. I knew a lot about most families, yet almost nothing about the Knotts, besides what was general knowledge.

Instead of dwelling, I decided to enjoy the company beside me, not giving another thought to what the others might be thinking. They could worry about themselves and I'd worry about me.

My group finished first and I insisted we head home despite resistance from everyone in the room. Never one to give in to peer pressure, we packed up our leftovers and drove home.

It was almost midnight by the time I got home. I sent a text to Lee but I didn't expect anything back. It was almost three in the morning where he was. No doubt he'd be fast asleep.

I was looking forward to another day of watching kids compete at State. The days might be long but life is short.

I also couldn't wait for Lee to get home. I really missed him when he was gone.

***

I practically flew off the couch when Lee opened the door. I'd barely been home from taking kids home but that short time felt like forever as I waited for Lee. He got this look in his eyes when he saw me, one that told me he only had eyes for me.

People spend their whole lives looking for a love like I had with Lee.

He barely put his suitcase down when I barreled into him, pulling his legs around my waist and attacking his lips with mine. Lee wrapped his arms around my neck and kissed me back.

"Hello to you, too," he laughed.

"You're not allowed to leave ever again," I scolded as I carried him to the bedroom.

"I wasn't even gone a full three days," Lee continued to laugh at me. "Besides, you're always gone. Summer; for camps, assignments (working at the camp for a month), and so many weekend camps I can't keep count anymore. That doesn't include the marathons you travel for or your solo vacations."

I tossed him on the bed and began to strip him of his clothes while he did the same to me.

"We're not talking about me."

Lee tried to glare at me but as soon as my hand stroked his shaft, his eyes rolled back instead. "One of us has to work," he moaned.

"How dare you," I quickly flipped him around, pulling his hips up so his ass was in the air. "I work just as hard, if not harder than you do," I playfully growled at my husband.

"Show me how hard you work," he dared me, gazing at me from over his shoulder.

I grabbed the bottle from the nightstand and ran fingers between his supple cheeks as I applied gel to his delectable ass. I smirked when he shivered under my touch and started pushing back against me. I slowly pressed one finger into him followed a short time later by two, and then three. Finally, I kneed his legs apart and slid my erection between his flesh.

Not wanting to waste another moment after three long days apart, I slowly pressed myself into him.

****

I woke the next morning with Lee spooned against my back. I ground against him in hopes he'd wake up and fuck me. It had been a while. I knew his preference was to get fucked but we never went this long without switching it up. I felt him slowly harden against me and smiled.

"You proved your point, you're a hard worker," he mumbled, his voice rough from sleep, or lack thereof.

I chuckled at his reference, knowing that I had really worked his ass the night before.

"Yeah, but now it's your turn to work hard," I told him as I ground against him again, hoping he'd get my point.

He did and, before I knew what was happening, I was laying on my back with him hovering over me.

He leaned down and kissed me. It started out soft and innocent but quickly progressed to something with a bit more heat and desire. He was pressing himself against me, rubbing our bodies together. There was something about the softness of his skin that always got me going. I couldn't wait any longer. I felt around for the lube that was left from last night and pressed it against his chest.

He chuckled with amusement but didn't hesitate. He wanted this as much as I did. He was between my legs, stroking my cock with a fist full of lube. I didn't need any assistance keeping a hardon but damn if it didn't make me hornier. All I could think about was him shafting my ass. It had been months and I was dying for the attention.

I closed my eyes and arched my back, basking in the feeling of his soft skin against my hard flesh. All too soon he stopped and straddled me as he shimmied forward. I watched as his erection bobbed in the air. God knows I was ready to swallow him down. It had only been hours since he'd been in my mouth but I couldn't get enough.

I thought I was going to suck him off before he fucked my ass good. Instead, he gave me a hand job before impaling himself and fucking his own ass with my cock. My disappointment only lasted a moment. It's hard to stay mad when there's a hot blond bouncing up and down on your lap.

It was sex, I wasn't going to complain.

Plus, he looked good, sweaty and in the throes of passion. I gripped his waist and squeezed the soft layer of his body that I couldn't get enough of as I tried to thrust, but he stopped me.

"Hey," he chastised. "I'm the one working here. You just lay there and enjoy."

With hooded eyes, I watched him bite his lip as he worked his ass up and down my shaft, slowly bringing me closer and closer to orgasm. The way he alternated between slow grinding and slutty bouncing had my toes tingling.

"Keep going. I'm—"

I gripped the sheets as Lee rode out my orgasm. I barely saw his hand pumping his own cock until he finally leaked all over himself before falling forward. Without pulling off me, Lee nuzzled into my neck. His breathing was far more labored than my own. Since he did all the work, I ran my fingers up and down his back.

"I was kinda hoping I'd get to do that to you," I whispered, referring to riding his cock instead of him riding mine.

"I know. I couldn't help myself. You're just so tempting and I couldn't control myself," Lee lifted his hips, releasing my now soft cock from his tight little ass. "I'll fuck you next time," he promised as he laid next to me and snuggled into my side.

It's not that I didn't believe him. It's just that there was always some excuse followed by the next time. It's not like it was a big deal or anything. It was annoying, sure, but nothing to fuss about.