Time Difference Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Every time it rains, it rains... Pennies from Heaven," the slightly warbled lyrics began.

There was a table on the far wall of the store. Rachel had placed a simple record player on it, in order to allow customers to sample the records they intended to purchase. When I came out from the back room that table was immediately to my left. Someone had put on an album by Billie Holiday. Why the hell did they do that? I felt the briefest icy chill against my skin.

"Be sure that your umbrella... is upside down," the lady sang on.

I moved toward the player and lifted the needle. Unnerved by this disturbance to my evening, I went immediately to the light switch, exposing the room once more to the clear artificial day. There was no doubt, I was alone. And yet I didn't feel any better. I took in all the details: every aisle, each bin and all the shelves and finally, the front door and the two windows revealing the street outside.

Oh. Dammit. The door, it had been unlocked this whole time. I felt distinctly like an idiot. Shaken from the encounter or, non-encounter, I did a poor job of sweeping the floor in the front room. I promptly left the store 15 minutes later, making certain that I closed and locked the door securely.


12