Finally... flash story

Story Info
She finally said we needed to talk.
750 words
4.2
48.8k
89
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was late Friday when I pulled into the driveway. Another week finished and I was looking forward to sitting down and relaxing for the night. As I headed inside, part of me wondering if tonight would be the night. I went inside. There on the couch sat my wife of ten years and with her sat another man. Yep, guess she finally decided to pull the trigger.

"Honey, we need to talk," she said.

I walked in calmly and sat in my easy chair. I looked at her and could see she was nervous. So too was the man who was with her. I wasn't supposed to know who the man was. She had never introduced me to him, after all one rarely introduces one's lover to one's husband.

I tuned her out as she began reciting to me how she was going to justify her leaving me. I mean what excuse could there be to cheat. I understand that two people can grow apart. I understand falling in love with another person. But when this happens, a reasonable person talks to the other person and ends the relationship then, not after having already slept with the new person. But then my wife was always a spoiled person. I felt my blood pressure starting to rise, so I decided to end this farce.

"Ok, so you want a divorce. I get it. I assume your bags are packed and you are ready to leave?"

"Well, no, I think it would be better if you left. This house is just wonderful and a great place to raise kids. We will need it."

"Ok, give me an hour and I will have my things packed up and be gone."

She stared at me. This was not what she expected. I could tell she was very disappointed. I guess she wanted me to fight for her, or to at least be hurt that she was leaving me. Nope.

I went upstairs, packed my bags. It didn't really take that long. Most of my stuff was already out of the house. Not that she noticed. She had spent so much time trying to surpass the Jones' she had not even noticed I had slowly moved all my things out.

I finished packing and took my bags back downstairs. I placed them by the door and then looked at her and her lover.

"Well, I am all done. I will have my attorney contact your attorney so we can end this. Chow." I said and turned and left, not giving her a chance to say a thing more. I knew she hated it when she didn't get the last word. I knew she was looking forward to seeing me crushed. Not happening. I called my lawyer and told him it was time. And then I drove to my new home.

Monday her life went to hell the same way mine had two years ago when I learned she was cheating on me. She was served with papers at work, listing adultery as the cause of the divorce. Not that it mattered but to add to the fire. I assume she tried to call. Shame I had changed my number.

First off, neither of our names were on the house, she had 30 days to vacate the premises. Second, the bank accounts were virtually empty. Then she learned I was an hourly worker at the company I had been at for the last ten years. No retirement, no insurance, nothing. She would get nothing in the divorce. No maintenance because she made more than I did.

Over the next six months, she got the joy of watching all her little dreams disappear. Her and her boyfriend's memberships at the country club were rescinded. No longer was her paycheck simply for her to buy clothes and other luxuries. Nope she had to pay for rent, utilities and food just like any other adult in the world. Her car was repossessed due to failure to pay.

A year after the divorce it got worse. She and her boss, her boyfriend, were fired. Her company had a policy against fraternization. Then she saw me in the paper and her day just got worse. It was a picture of me and my new wife, the owner of her old company, our new baby in our garden. The garden had won an award. The garden was in our old home. She was right, it was perfect to raise a family.