Time for Talking is Over

Story Info
Alternative to Astordatair's 'I need to talk to you'.
10.5k words
4.03
45.2k
72
52
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
GTO_Racer
GTO_Racer
3,613 Followers

This was inspired by Saddletramp's 'No Need to Talk' series. His series was inspired by Astordatair's story 'I Needed To Talk To You'. Both are excellent, and I fully recommend reading them. The basic premise is that a man has just found out that he has a month to live. He comes home to find his wife telling him that she is divorcing him and taking their 8-year-old daughter with her on a month-long vacation with her lover. He tells his wife that he is dying, but she thinks that he is just being melodramatic. He never gets the chance to tell his daughter goodbye.

I have contacted both of the above authors and received permission from both to publish this story.

In both Astordatair's and Saddletramp's stories, the man dies before his wife and daughter return, so he never gets the chance to tell his daughter goodbye. I thought of a slightly different take on that.

Warnings:

  1. This story contains a couple of scenes describing non-consensual BDSM, forced feminization, and slavery.in the last part of the story. These scenes are not very descriptive, but enough to give the reader an idea of the punishments that happened to the perpetrators.
  2. There are no descriptive sexual scenes in this story.
  3. Redundant, but no persons under the age of 18 are involved in any way in any sexual scenes.
  4. This is FICTION. It is not real.

Time For Talking is Over:

I was stunned. I had just returned home from the doctor's office with the worst news imaginable, then I was hit with even worse news. I'm dying. Literally. I have an inoperable extremely aggressive brain tumor. I got home and was preparing myself to tell my wife the bad news. It was quiet when I walked into the house. That was a bit odd, since we had a rather rambunctious 8-year-old girl. Typically, she would hear my car pull into the garage and greet me as I walked into the house. That didn't happen this time. Instead, I found my wife of 10-years standing in the kitchen waiting for me.

"Where's Olivia?" I asked.

"She's at my mother's house." Anne answered. "Look, there's no easy way to do this, so I'm just going to rip the bandage off. I've been fucking Michael for the last six months. He's richer than you are and can give Olivia and me a much better life. We decided that a totally clean break is the best option here, so we are going away for a month with Olivia. Don't bother trying to call or text, because I left my phone at my mother's house. I have also blocked you from all my social media and email accounts. The divorce petition is sitting there on the table for you to go over. You will be officially served tomorrow. There is no reason to discuss anything here. As I said, Michael is a lot wealthier than you. I'm not asking for anything other than my personal belongings as well as full custody of Olivia. I'm sure that the court will grant you visitation, but Michael will soon be her new father. Let's face it, you will see her once every couple of weeks while Michael will be there every day. It won't take long before she sees him as her real father and you as just an acquaintance that she sees occasionally."

With that, Anne turned, picked up her handbag and headed for the front door.

"I'm dying, and I want to say goodbye to my daughter." I said to her retreating back.

"I know that this is a shock to you, but you will survive. I'll bring her over for a visit when we get back." She answered.

I realized that she thought that I was speaking metaphorically, but before I could correct her, she had closed the door behind her.

I was stunned. Here I thought that the news I was given less than an hour ago was the worst thing that could happen to me. Now I was given even worse news. Not only was I not given a chance to tell the love of my life that I was dying, but I was not even given the opportunity to tell my daughter goodbye. This was completely unacceptable. It was now all out war.

I called my friend, Jack Slade, He has been my attorney since he passed the Bar Exam. In our sophomore year of high school, I stopped a couple of guys from picking on him. In turn, he tutored me in math. We've been best friends ever since. I told him what was going on, and he cleared his schedule for me. We were to meet at 9:00 AM Monday morning.

"Andrew, have you thought about hiring a PI to check on them?"

"No, I haven't gotten that far ahead in my thinking to consider that yet. Honestly, since this is a 'No Fault' state, and she says that all she wants is her personal belongings, I didn't think it would really matter. Besides, they are going to be gone for a whole month, and I will most likely be dead by the time they get back. I don't really even know where they are going."

"Well, since you can afford it without even noticing the money spent, we might as well at least try to get some information on them. Besides, who knows what you might find out. I have a really good PI that I use. Former military intelligence with quite a lot of connections."

"Fine. Get him on board. I don't have much information, but his name is Michael Simpson, and he's a lawyer for the Simpson Law Group. I will also forward you photos as well as all pertinent information on Anne and Olivia in case that helps track them down."

"OK. Good." He replied. "Now you need to start protecting yourself. Go online and cancel every credit card in your name. Transfer every penny in your joint accounts to accounts in only your name, then cancel the joint accounts. If we were going for a divorce, that would frowned upon, but since the divorce will never get near a courtroom, it will be fine. Also, we can use the divorce petition that she gave you to show that she didn't want anything out of the divorce anyway. You can take care of all the insurance and retirement accounts after our meeting on Monday. We will discuss that in our meeting."

After ending the phone call, I got down my bottle of 12-year-old single malt scotch that I had been saving for a special occasion. Since I didn't foresee any special occasions in the future, I decided to use it tonight. I fired up my laptop and proceeded to go through the accounts. I paid off and canceled every credit card we had. I did a transfer from our joint checking and savings accounts to my personal checking account that I kept so I could buy Anne gifts. She had this habit of checking our joint account and seeing things that I had purchased on a regular basis. The first couple of years we were together, I couldn't surprise her with anything. After that, I began purchasing her gifts from a personal account that she had no access to.

I spent much of the weekend doing my best to expunge Anne from my life. I went through the entire house and removed anything that had any connection to her. All her clothes that she left went out to the back yard in a pile. All of our wedding photos, vacation photos, our marriage license, and anything else that included her were heaped on the pile. I took a video of everything. Lastly, I got her wedding dress out of storage. I videoed myself slicing it to pieces with a box cutter before throwing it on the heap. I squirted a whole bottle of lighter fluid on the mound (never use gasoline, it is too volatile, and you can get severely injured when it flares up), then threw a lit book of matches on it. After that, I emptied out the safe deposit box where we kept all her really expensive jewelry and several certificates of deposit that we had as investments. I cashed in the CDs, then took every piece of jewelry that was in the box, as well as what she had left behind, and put them up for auction on eBay. Anything that didn't sell within the next 10-days would go to pawn shops and thrift stores a couple of states away.

I got a text message from a private number on Sunday. The display just showed as 'Private', so I couldn't even track it. It showed a photo of Anne and Olivia playing on a beach with Michael. To me, it was just another beach somewhere in the world. Still, I forwarded the text to Jack. After forwarding that text, I replied with one of my own. It included the link to the cloud storage site of my video. I added a message to my text. 'You can keep whatever personal affects that you still have.' The reply I received is not fit for print.

Monday morning, I met Jack and a guy who just went by the name Gus. He was a serious looking guy. We began discussing options. Obviously, divorce was a moot point. It was more about what I wanted to happen after my death and how to set things up. Basically, I wanted my daughter to be well taken care of. I also didn't want my wife to benefit at all. We decided on trust funds for Olivia. One trust would be set up for her education. I wanted it to be funded to pay for whatever education she wanted. It would even cover the full cost of medical school until she got her full medical license. Anything left over after that would be given to her to begin her life and career. Another trust was set up where she would have access to everything when she turned 30-years-old. Physical assets (cars, the house, etc.) would be held in trust until she turned old enough to responsibly use them. That trust would be administered by my brother, so he would be able to live in the house while Olivia was growing up. He and his wife were renting an apartment in town, so this would help them with that. She would get my vehicles to use when she got her driver's license. The house would be given to her when she turned 18 and graduated high school. There was a third trust set up with Jake's discrimination to take care of Olivia from between my death and her 18th birthday. It was set up in case something happened, and Olivia needed additional support. The last issue was that I had my brother and his wife named as Olivia's guardians if something happened to Anne. His daughter and my daughter were about the same age, and they got along really well. I fully intended something to happen to Anne, but I didn't want an Officer of the Court to know about that.

"Do you have any idea where they are?" Asked Gus.

"No. She refused to tell me where they were going. I did get a picture message the other day of them on a beach, but all I can tell is that it is just another beach somewhere." I replied as I pulled the photo up and showed it to them. "The phone was set to Private, so there is no number to be used. Also, Anne left her phone with her mother, so I can't even use the Find My Phone app to try and locate her."

Gus spent a few minutes examining the photo, then said, "I think that I know where they might be. You see that ship in the background? That's a cruise ship that regularly stops in the Cayman Islands. Over in the upper right side is the corner of a resort building. It doesn't have the full logo, but the part that is shown looks like one of the better resorts in the islands as well. From what you have told us about what she said about her lover, he seems to be really well off. That means that he would use one of the better resorts. I have a couple of friends that retired to the islands, so I'll send this photo to them and have them start trolling the areas around this resort to see if they can spot them. I also have his name, and I can do some online checking to see what other information I can get. I do need to warn you that this won't be cheap."

I looked over at Jack and said, "After the Power of Attorney form is signed, send Gus a $20,000 retainer." Looking back to Gus I added, "I want to know everything they do and everywhere they go. I want to know who they meet with as well. Jack said that you have a lot of really good contacts. My soon-to-be ex-wife took my daughter out of the country without my permission. I have no idea who she is associating with. While I want the information, my first priority is the safety of my daughter."

"I understand." He smiled at me.

The rest of the meeting was mainly details and signing assorted papers. I left Jack a check from one of my new accounts for his retainer.

"You know," Jack began. "She took your daughter out of the country against your wishes. That could be a case of parental kidnapping. In addition, she is denying your right to see your daughter before you die. I'll prepare a complaint and submit it to the DA. I think there is a really good chance that we can get her prosecuted when she returns. Also, she not only took her out of the state, but out of the country. That makes it a federal kidnapping case. She could be looking at some significant time in prison."

"Let's do it." I responded.

The meeting broke up shortly after that.

The rest of the week was filled with me preparing my business and every other detail for my impending death. I booked a hospice for my last week, based upon what my doctor had told me about the cancer's progression. Most of my physical and financial assets were being dealt with by Jack, but there were some personal mementos and other small items that I would need to have dealt with. That was taking place on Thursday evening.

"Hey, bro. Thanks for coming over tonight." I said as I let my brother and his wife into the house.

"Well, you said it was important. Lindsey is with April and Dave tonight." Jason replied.

Jason is my brother. His wife is Kate, and her parents are April and Dave. Obviously, Lindsey is his daughter, my niece.

"It is more important than you know." I responded.

"Where are Anne and Olivia?" Kate inquired, not seeing anyone else there to greet them.

"It's just me tonight. Anne and Olivia are... Well, let's just say they're out at the moment." I managed to say without breaking down. "Let me fix you guys a drink, and then we will eat dinner. We will discuss what I need to tell you afterwards."

They weren't really keen on that, but I didn't give them much of a choice. Jason, seeing that I was drinking a good single malt scotch and noticing my somber mood, took that as well. Kate chose a Merlot, figuring out that a light fruity white wouldn't match the discussion to take place later.

Not being in the mood to cook myself, I had ordered an Italian feast to be delivered from the best Italian restaurant in town. Yes, there was enough to feed an army, but I would take care of the leftovers afterwards. Jason and I both downed our drinks as we headed to the dining room. The dinner included two bottles of paired wine. We kept the conversation light as we ate. I should mention here that I had hired a server to bring out the different courses and keep the wine and water glasses full. Jason and Kate were a bit perplexed at that.

Perhaps I should mention a few things here. I am usually a very private person. I am also a pretty simple man. I don't mean simple as in stupid, I mean it as it doesn't take much to make me happy. I don't need a new top-of-the-line car every year. My old truck and 1972 GTO are fine for me. I don't need to live in a mansion. I like my nice house in a good neighborhood. I don't want to go on exotic vacations all the time. I like my vacations to be restful and quiet. With all that in mind, I really never show my true wealth. Had Anne ever discussed it with me and said that she wanted to go to Italy for a month, I would have done it. She obviously never noticed that she never really wanted for anything. Olivia was in a private school getting the best education possible, but Anne had never even inquired where the money was coming from. I never even told my brother about my true wealth. The truth was that I had made a few very profitable investments when I was just out of college. My business was also doing a lot better than what I portrayed.

Really, I didn't like the thought of flashing my wealth to anyone. I heard a saying one time; "Success is relative, the more success, the more relatives". What that means is that the more successful you are, the more 'relatives' come out of the woodwork to take as much as they can get from you. I didn't need every Tom, Dick or Harriet hitting me up for whatever hair-brained 'investment opportunity' that they came up with. I anonymously donated to causes that I believed were worthwhile, but I kept a low profile. Consequently, my wife apparently believed that we were not in the income range that she aspired to be in.

"OK, bro." Jason began after we sat with refreshed drinks into the lounge. "I can tell something's going on. What's up?"

I let out a sigh. "OK. First and foremost, I am dying. Literally, I am going to die in less than a month. I have a very aggressive and inoperable brain tumor. In just less than a month, I will be dead. That being said, there are a few things that the two of you need to know. First off, I am in the process of setting up a couple of trusts to take care of Olivia after I am gone. Most of those trusts will be administered by Jack, my attorney. One will be administered by you. That one is for the house, vehicles, and other large physical assets. Jack will give you the details upon the reading of my will. Also, I am naming the two of you as Olivia's guardians until she graduates high school."

Kate let out a large sob, then propelled herself towards me. She wrapped me in a bear hug and began sobbing on my shoulder. Jason was looking at me with a perplexed look on his face. He took another sip of his scotch, then asked the question that I was expecting.

"Andy," He was the only one that ever called me that, "I couldn't help noticing that there were a few glaring inconsistencies in what you said. First off, you never mentioned Anne, YOUR WIFE, once. Second, it is normally the case that the spouse inherits the estate when the other spouse dies. Third, unless there are extreme mitigating circumstances, your wife would get sole custody of your daughter upon your passing. Finally, where the hell is Anne and Olivia?"

"This is where it gets ugly." I said as I gently detached Kate from myself. "Last Friday when I got home, Anne was waiting for me. I was going to tell her the news that the doctor gave me that afternoon. Before I could say anything, she told me that she was leaving me for another man. On top of that, she told me that her new man was taking her and Olivia away for a month to form a complete break and let Olivia bond with her new stepfather. I am pursuing federal parental kidnapping charges against Anne, as she took Olivia out of the country without my permission. With any luck, Anne will be spending quite a bit of time in prison. That is why I need you two to become her guardians."

I gave them all the details about what my plans were and what their responsibilities would be. We talked and discussed my plans as well as a couple of minor revisions late into the night. By that time, we had consumed a fair number of bourbons, so they ended up spending the night in my spare room. One change that I thought about was having another trust fund set up for Lindsey's college education. I made a note to call Jake on Monday and have him add that to the list.

The next week flew by with all the speed of molasses on a particularly cold day in January. We scheduled weekly meetings for every Monday morning, unless there was a particularly urgent issue that I needed to be informed about. I had a difficult time sleeping most nights as I was worried about my daughter. How would she react to coming home to find her daddy had died? I spent several hours writing her a letter to be given to her at the reading of my will explaining to her how much I loved her, and how I was devastated that I never had the chance to tell her goodbye. It was probably petty of me, but I also explained what her mother had done to deny us that last chance.

Monday morning came around, finally. I was back in Jack's conference room. Gus was there as well. I didn't like the look he had on his face. We started off with Jack informing me of the status of my accounts. I did inform him that he needed to set up another trust for Lindsey as well. That wouldn't be a problem. When that update was over, it was Gus's turn. That's when things got bad.

GTO_Racer
GTO_Racer
3,613 Followers