Time In A Bottle

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Make love to me, David. I want you so bad you can feel how wet I am. Fuck me, baby. Fuck me over and over until I am full of your cum and we are too tired to move. Be my first, baby. And be my last at the same time. I never want to love anyone other than you. Take me to bed, David, and love me all night."

"We had talked about having sex, but never went further than lots of making out and some heavy petting. You kissed me again, stood, grabbed my hand, and led me to your bedroom, both of us leaving a trail of clothes behind. You rested you head on your pillow, spread your legs to welcome me, and begged me to fuck you.

"I starting kissing you, moving from your lips to your neck to your breasts, kissing and licking every inch of skin I could. I sucked and played with your tits for a long time before moving down once again, kissing as I went. By the time I stopped between your legs, you were moaning with pleasure and begging me to take you. I nestled my head between your thighs and started to lick your wetness. It tasted like sweet honey, so I drove my tongue into you to get more. As I did, you came for the first time -- but not the last.

"I licked you to three more orgasms before moving my dick into your pussy. You moaned 'go slow, it's my first time', and I pushed the head of my dick into you. Slowly I pushed in an inch or two, and then backed out, only to push in further each time until I was fully seated in your tight, wet pussy. Soon we had a rhythm going, and I knew I wasn't going to last long. Your orgasms ran one into another, and you told me to cum in your pussy. You were protected, so moments later I grunted and came deep in you, setting you off again.

"We lay together, arms and legs entwined, until we started to breathe normally. Finally you rose up and kissed me, and we lay there kissing for what seemed hours. Sexually sated, you pulled the covers over us and we slept.

"Hours later I woke up with you sucking my dick back to life. Once I was hard, you got on top and rode me, moving your hips faster and faster, rubbing your clit against my pubic bone. Suddenly your body stiffened up as you came again; I quickly followed by filling your pussy. You laid your body on top of mine, and I stayed hard in you. Before falling asleep once again, you asked,"

"Will every time be like this?"

"No, baby. It will only get better."

The music was still playing softly in the background as he started reading to her again. He stopped reading long enough to yawn, and saw a change with Kate. Her eyes were fluttering and her mouth was moving, mouthing words to the song playing on the CD.

If I could save time in a bottle

The first thing that I'd like to do

Is to save every say till eternity passes away

Just to spend them with you...

It was Jim Croce's Time In A Bottle, one of the songs played at their wedding. As the song continued, Katie kept singing along.

If I could make days last forever

If words could make wishes come true

I'd save every day like a treasure and then

Again, I would spend them with you...

David jumped out of his chair, pushed the nurse's call button, and then ran to the door.

"Amanda! She's waking up. She's waking up!"

Amanda was in the room in a moment, checking Katie over and listening to David as he relived the moment. She ran back to her station, making several calls for doctors to come right away. In the meantime, David had taken Katie's hand, and she held it in a death grip. When the doctors arrived they wanted him to leave, but he couldn't get out of Kate's grasp, so they just worked around him.

The rest of the night was spent watching doctors and nurses perform different tests to try to find out what was happening. After several hours, Kate had stopped singing despite David playing the song again, and was resting as before, as if nothing had happened.

The next morning, David was awoken by a knock on the door.

"Knock, knock. Anybody home? Is this a good time for a house call?"

"Good morning, Moira. Come on in. Did you hear the news from last night?"

"Yes, and that's why I'm here. I just want to caution you not to get your hopes up yet. These types of things happen with coma patients. Sometimes it leads them to fully wake up; other times it leads no place. But still, this is a hopeful sign."

"Thanks. Good to hear. Any other bits of wisdom to help me not freak out over this?"

"Nope. Freak out all you want, but keep doing what you're doing. It can't hurt for Kate to keep hearing your voice, reading or talking to her. Also, I do want to thank you for calling me in on Jen. You were right -- she was thinking of doing something stupid with her life, and we caught her in time. Since then she has become more than a patient to me. In fact, I had to release her from my care because we were getting too close. Now we are free to be with each other without her being my patient. So thanks many times over for that."

"You're welcome. I'm just happy that Jen found someone to talk to and connect with. And I'm happy for you as well. Jen is really a wonderful person, and it's been difficult for her with Kate's situation. I hope all works out for you two."

Moira left with a smile on her face, and it made David happy for both her and Jen. He picked up his book and started to read once again, laughing at the problems of Ford Prefect.

He must have dozed off, as a knock on the door woke him. It was Amanda, coming in for her shift.

"Hi, Amanda. Aren't you a bit early for your shift today?"

"Yes, I am. I just wanted to come in early and spend some time with you and Kate. After the excitement of last night, I'm sure you have lots of questions."

"Some, but nothing that can't wait. Moira stopped in earlier and helped set my mind at ease...somewhat. She told me to keep doing what I've been doing -- reading and talking to Kate."

"That's good advice. But I want to throw something else out that I don't want to get misconstrued. I overheard the story you told Kate yesterday about your first time together. I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but I was walking past the room, heard you talking, and your story was so beautiful and sexy it just pulled me in. So, if you ever need a shoulder to cry on or someone to talk to who's not a shrink, I'm your girl. Just wanted to put that out there."

"Amanda, I'm touched. Truly. Don't worry about listening in to the story; it's one I love to remember and even though you're the only other person to know it, I trust you to realize how important that night was to us. Since that night, neither one of us has had sex with any one else, and I can't wait to have sex with Katie again. She turns me on like no other person ever has. I'll probably take you up on your offer to talk, and if you play your cards right, I might even spring for coffee and chocolate cake."

They both laughed and Amanda gave David a hug as she got up to leave to punch in for her shift. Just as she was leaving, Time In A Bottle started playing on the CD. She paused for a moment to see if anything would happen, and was shocked to see Kate's eyes start to flutter, and her mouth started to sing the words once again.

If I could save time in a bottle

The first thing that I'd like to do

Is to save every day till eternity passes away

Just to spend them with you

Amanda quickly ran to call the doctors, and then ran back to Kate's room. She was still singing along with the CD, but this time her eyes were fully open and fixed on David. When the song ended she stopped singing, but her eyes stayed open. David hit the repeat button, and the song started once again -- and once again Kate sang along, this time focusing her eyes on Amanda. When the song ended, Amanda started talking to Kate.

"Kate, can you hear me? Do you understand what I am saying? Nod your head if you do."

Kate hesitated, but then nodded her head. David wanted to talk, but Amanda continued on.

"Kate, my name is Amanda. Do you know where you are?"

Kate nodded once again and softly whispered 'hospital'.

"Do you know why you are in the hospital? Do you remember what happened?"

Kate paused once again, looked at David then Amanda and back to David -- and shook her head 'no'. By now the doctors had arrived and took over from Amanda. They could see that Kate was more conscious of her surroundings, but still acting confused. After talking to Kate and amongst themselves, it was decided to do another CT scan for comparison. With a flurry of activity, she was made ready to move, but when the other nurses started to move her, Kate grabbed Amanda's hand and with a look of terror on her face said 'no'.

"Kate, it's going to be alright. These nurses will take good care of you and bring you right back to me. OK?"

Kate's grip on Amanda's hand only tightened, so she said she would escort Kate to the CT room. Hearing that, Kate's grip lessened, but she still didn't let go. After they all left the room, David stayed behind with Dr. Hansen to talk.

"I've never seen her look so scared, and she looked at me as if she didn't know who I was. Is that normal?"

"Sometimes, yes. Remember, her brain has been working at a minimum level for two months, and suddenly waking up can be quite a shock. When she gets back we'll talk to her to gauge her level of consciousness, and compare scans. This might be just another blip like yesterday, but I hope not. So don't get overly excited just yet."

While waiting impatiently for Kate's return, David was surprised by two visitors -- Jen and Moira. He hadn't seen Jen for several weeks and was pleased to see how good she looked. Looking in the room, Jen ran to David and gave him a giant hug and held him close.

"David, thank you so much for stepping in when you did. I'm sure I would have tried something stupid, but Moira talked some sense into me. Now she is more than a good friend, and it wouldn't have happened if you didn't meddle in my life. Thanks again."

Tears were flowing down Jen's face, Moira's face, and welling up in David's eyes when Moira asked where Kate was.

"She had another, more intense episode like yesterday's, and Dr. Hansen wanted to get another CT scan done. They've been gone quite a while, so fingers crossed."

A short while later, Kate was back in her room, still holding a death grip on Amanda's hand. The other nurses re-attached her to the machines and her IV, and left them alone.

"Kate was really scared and wouldn't let go of my hand. I had to convince her to let go so the techs could do the scan. She finally let go, and as soon as it was done, grabbed me again. I keep telling her things are getting better, but I don't know how much she understands. Maybe Moira or Jen can help with this, because I need to get back to work."

Jen stepped next to Amanda and smiled at her friend. At first Kate just stared at Jen, but after a few seconds let go of Amanda, reached for Jen's hand, and smiled at her best friend.

"Jen. Your name is Jen."

"Yes, my name is Jen. Do you know what his name is?"

David moved close to Kate's bed and smiled at his wife. She looked at him with a blank stare and shook her head.

"No, I've never seen him before. Do I know him?"

Before David could answer, Moira jumped in.

"No, Kate, you don't know him, but he's a good friend of Jen's. I am too, my name is Moira, and his name is David.

Kate nodded slowly and yawned. Moira looked at everyone and gestured to the door.

"Amanda, would you stay with Kate for a bit while we talk in the lounge? Thanks..."

Moira led David and Jen to the lounge and all three sat.

"OK, Moira. What was that? How does Kate remember Jen and not me?"

"I'm not sure there's an easy explanation, and this is way out of my wheelhouse, but I'll try. My best guess is some sort of selective amnesia, where Kate will remember certain people, places and things from her past, but not everything. It all depends of what part of her brain was damaged by the bullet. It's a rare occurrence, but it does happen.

"I'm going to call one of my colleagues who's better versed in this than I am, and have him talk to you and Kate. And then we can see where to go with this. My best advice to you right now is to not mention you two are married or even have a past together. Just be a friend and see how she reacts. Chin up, David. This'll all work out in the end, I'm sure."

Several days later, David found Kate's room empty when he got there. Panicked, he found Amanda who told him she was getting another CT scan, and should be back soon. The past days had been both exciting and frustrating, as Kate's memory was returning by bits and pieces, but she still had no idea who David was. She was getting stronger each day, and was doing Physical Therapy to get her strength back. She was walking better, although she needed a cane for balance, and her upper body strength was returning as well.

Soon she was back, and David was astonished, as she looked even better than last night. She was smiling and laughing with the nurses and doctors, and conversation flowed from her. However, when she saw David, there was still no sign of recognition, something he discussed at length with Moira and Jen later that night.

"How can she look at Jen and know her, but look at me, her husband of 15 years, and not know who I am? Is she ever going to remember our life together? I just don't get it, Moira."

"I know it's difficult, David, but the human brain is still somewhat of a mystery to us. Why Kate remembers Jen and not you, who knows. Maybe because Jen was with her when she got shot and she remembers that. Maybe because the gunmen were male, and so are you. I really don't have a good answer for you. All I can recommend is to keep talking to her."

"I try, but I feel like I'm talking to an empty shell where I am concerned. She sees Amanda and lights up. She sees Jen and smiles and laughs with her. She see me, and all I get is a blank stare, and I don't know what else to do."

"Well, there is something else we need to discuss. If Kate keeps getting better like she has, Dr. Hansen is looking to dismiss her some time next week, and we need to figure out where she is going to go. My suggestion is home with you, and perhaps being there will help shake the cobwebs out. But it's going to be really tough, because even though you see your wife, she sees a stranger with a kind voice and a sad smile. It may take a while before she remembers, so she will be living with a stranger -- someone who is not her husband. I'll discuss it with her tomorrow because decisions need to be made."

"I can move my stuff into the guest bedroom and leave her the master. That way she'll have her own space. I realize this will be hard, but I need to do whatever I can to get Katie back. So if she is good with that arrangement, so am I."

"Great. I'll discuss this with Kate and Dr. Hansen tomorrow before you get there. In the meantime, give my wine glass a refill, and Jen and I will help you start moving your stuff."

The next day, David took his time getting to the hospital, giving Moira time to talk over arrangements with Kate and Dr. Hansen. And since she recognized Jen, it was thought if she was there as well, things might go better.

When David arrived, Kate was alone in her room, asleep. He pulled the chair close to her bed, held her hand, and started talking to her about nothing important, but hopefully enough for her to remember him. After a while she stirred and looked at him.

"Your voice sounds so familiar, David. Why do I know it?"

"Well, I've been by your side since the accident, talking and reading to you every day in the hopes you would wake up. That's probably why."

"There's another reason why, Kate", interrupted Moira. "There's a very good reason David's voice sounds familiar to you -- because he is your husband."

Kate's eyes got wide at hearing those words, and she looked panicked again. Kate looked at David, still unbelieving what she heard, and snatched her hand away. David was heartbroken, but Moira continued.

"Kate, you and David have been married for almost 15 years, and have known each other since the beginning of college. He's been here every day since you were admitted, spending most of the day and night here until we kick him out."

Still looking panicked, Kate looked at Jen and took her hand.

"Yes sweetie, what Moira said is true. You and David are a couple, and have been since before you and I knew each other. I realize how this all must sound to you, but trust me. It's the truth. Moira, why don't you tell Katie the rest of the plan."

"OK, Kate, here it is. As long as you keep improving like you have been, Dr. Hansen wants to dismiss you next week and send you home. The entire team discussed this, and we think this is the best way to handle it -- you go home with David. He has already moved his stuff into your guest bedroom so you can have the master to yourself. The doctors all think that if the familiar surrounds you it will help your memory to come back.

"We all know this is a scary proposition for you, but if we had any other solution we would go that way. But we don't. Just remember -- David is a kind and loving man who will do whatever he can to get his wife back. You. And if things get too intense, Jen and I are only a phone call away. Do you think you can do this?"

Kate's face moved from Jen to Moira to David to Jen and back to David. She took his hand and gave him a small smile.

"You've been here every day reading and talking to me? I can remember hearing voices but that's all. Except for one thing -- how's Ford Prefect doing? You left me hanging."

Their laughter broke the nearly unbearable tension in the room.

Ten days later found Kate ready to come home. Jen and Sam helped David clean the house, and David had restocked the kitchen with food. Late morning found David pulling into his driveway while neighbors and friends filled the front lawn. He was surprised at the greeting, and worried about Kate's reaction. Jen was helping Kate out of their SUV, and saw the panicked look on her face. Holding her arm, she whispered into her ear.

"It's ok, sweetie. It's only neighbors and friends welcoming you home. Just smile, wave to them, and say thanks. I've got you, don't worry."

Soon, they were all in the house where they were greeted by Sam and Moira, who took Kate's bags into her room, and let her wander the house to gather her thoughts.

'So this is where I live, with my husband', thought Kate. 'It looks like a nice, comfy home. The neighbors seem friendly, especially with the greeting they just gave me. I love how the windows let in lots of natural light, and I just love the screened in porch. I hope David has pictures to look at; maybe those will help me remember. And I'm so happy Jen, Sam, and Moira are here as well -- they are all being so helpful with everything. I have to get used to the idea that David and I are a couple. But I've only known him for a couple of weeks, and here I am, moving in with him. Moira seems to think it's for the best, and Jen agrees, so I'll make the best of it.'

Hours later found them all sitting around the fire pit in the back yard. David had grilled burgers for everyone, and they spent the rest of the night talking. Eventually they got quiet and watched the fire. After a while, Moira said she needed to go, as she had to work in the morning. Jen and Sam also left, leaving David and Kate alone.

"David, I'm really beat. Do you mind cleaning up while I get ready for bed? I can help you in the morning if you want."

"No, you get some rest and I'll clean everything up. Remember, if you need anything, I'll be across the hall. Good night, Katie. And welcome home."