All Comments on 'Tip of the Spear Pt. 01'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 68 Comments
Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

Great story!!! As usual... Just FYI, in Texas, the Department of Public Safety Crime Lab in Austin is the "go to" for forensics. Also, the County Commissioners work under the County Judge, who presides over the Commissioners' Court. Yeah, we's a bit diff'ert out heah.

.

5++++++++/5!!!

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 2 years ago

Another great one!!! Looking forward to the next chapter.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Ahh...The classic saddletramp introduction and setup chapter preparing us for an outstanding story train. Your caldron is already being stirred and the pot is just beginning to bubble. I note that you are using some really outstanding ingredients like Sheriff Ryan and what appears to be the MMAS society feminazis. When you combine these two alone, not to mention the foreshadowing of imminent doom throughout this first chapter; It looks like Ryan and his cohorts are about to settle in for a West Texas WAR... Of course, since you have already framed in the MMAS, I would expect that we will son see some federal assistance from that special unit, as well as some possible involvement from that Camp in Idaho. Regardless, I will be await your further excellent episodes in this venue with anticipation.

Of course 5 stars.

CreeperclawCreeperclawover 2 years ago

Looks like mmas is back in business again, or possibly some kinda offshoot with basically the same idea. Either way the journey to find and foil their plans will be fun to read.

MightyheartMightyheartover 2 years ago

Typical Saddletramp.

Is Gen Sherman's ghost helping in solving the mystery ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another great one in the making ST. As always you rock and leave us impatiently waiting for the next chapter. I have to say i have been a fan of yours on this site for years. The way you conceptually think and put those thoughts to print to create these old fashioned good vs evil stories is remarkable. 5*! Kick ass and take no prisoners!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent story start. Please continue.......

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 2 years ago

Think you have another good one going here, ST! Looking forward to more twists and turns as you lead us through another of your well written fantasies!

Cheers

SAGE

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Awaiting the cntinuation with baited breath sir.

Turning502019Turning502019over 2 years ago

Great start I’m hooked. 5*

SDN1955SDN1955over 2 years ago

Interesting start to the story.

OaksfineOaksfineover 2 years ago

Great first story seems like another case of women who just can’t get enough and have to be shown just how things work. Can’t wait to read the rest and see how deep the hole goes

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 2 years ago

Great setup. You’ve set the hook well. I look forward to the next installment. Thanks much.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 2 years ago

Great setup. You’ve set the hook well. I look forward to the next installment. Thanks much.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

I'm seriously trying to suspend disbelief in these stories, but the fiction that a cockcage can't be removed without the key is hard to get around.

\

"His wife called it in." - Isn't she next of kin? She called it in, I don't think she needs to be notified!

\

"what were you and my husband talking about earlier?" - I would have asked her why she doesn't just ask her husband!

\

I also thought it was coming together too quickly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent as always!

Kudos

TK

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Can’t wait to read the next story!

abitshyoneabitshyoneover 2 years ago

brillioant , cant wait for more, love your writings ,, thanks for sharing

Omart57Omart57over 2 years ago

Looking forward to the next part! Good story my friend.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

like this story i give it 5 stars as always

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 2 years ago

Starting out good, but I'll wait for more before scoring. cd

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ridiculous!

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

Going very well Mr. SaddleTramp! Can't wait for the next chapter. 5 BIG FAT SHINNING STARS! As usual.

JohnD46JohnD46over 2 years ago

Fun new story. I enjoy Ryan Caldwell and being tied together with the others makes it even better. Thanks for great reads

KallMeTTKallMeTTover 2 years ago

Good story. Well written. Look forward to more chapters!

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonover 2 years ago

Nice to see Ryan's world again!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

Nobody does narrative like you do - can't wait for part 2! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The only thing I hate about your stories is it takes too long between chapters!! Solid start!

sf_operative63sf_operative63over 2 years ago

So far...so good...

DOL

mainer42mainer42over 2 years ago

great to have the Characters back again. Love this series

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The feminist bullshit this portrays is a sickness most liberal states. Well, not in the areas that matter.

Want to send a message to people who think this the way to go. How about this.

4 women were found dead at a retreat this weekend, information that this was a meeting of a feminist group trying to force men to their wishes and control. "I guess they tried to control the wrong man" The state coroner stated that all of the victims of heart attacks brought on by a fear and shock of some kind. Interesting to note upon further investigation the coroner found a metal object inserted into each of the victims vaginas later defined as a torture device for male sexual organs. No suspects have been identified at this time. A message found written on the wall in lipstick from the victim suspected of being the head of this group of women was found. It stated, " We know who you are...We know where you are....and Justice is coming.....Run, Hide try to escape it will not matter....you will be found and dealt with...Your cancerous agenda will be destroyed along with its disciples. Make your piece with whatever you believe......Nothing will save you from what you have earned!!!!

SEE YOU SHORTLY!!!!

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

Great start! Thanks for this!

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Loving this story, good to be in West Texas again with Ryan and Bev.

Roll on the next chapter this is going to get a lot more complicated so far it’s just too easy.

Cannot wait

Scores 5/5

mac1729mac1729over 2 years ago

Another great beginning to a great series

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 2 years ago

It read well and contained a great plot. Had problem with how stupid Trudy was unless the rest proves me wrong.

Buster2UBuster2Uover 2 years ago

As random said 5 BIG FAT SHINING STARS! Saddle Tramp your pretty good at writing, I expect you could be the next Clive Cussler. I like your style. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

""Dr. Childress said. "...the spear appeared to be coated with something other than Mr. Higgins' blood. We're running that through the mass spectrometer now. I've also asked to expedite his blood work and toxicology reports when we send everything out...We have to send the tests off to El Paso since we don't have a lab here," Dr. Childress said.""

HOLD ON A COTTON PICKING MINUTE!

They don't have a lab? But they are running a mas spec to analyze whatever was found on the spear? Who's doing the analysis and to what end? You Don't have a (certified) lab and your results will be thrown out of every court in the country. You may as well just lick and sniff the spear! - TANSTAAFL

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Here we go again, off to another one of saddletramp’s great escapist stories. Time to call in the usual gang and clean house.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Couldnt make it beyond a few paragraphs, really read like a woman hating writer.

FYI Sherman wasnt an asshole, if anything he went too easy on the racist gray clad traitors, should have sterilized every last one of them losers.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 2 years ago

Got me interested. Thanks for the good start. Til later.

Cringo31Cringo31over 2 years ago

As with all of ST’s work this has the beginning of a great story. Can’t wait for the rest as this is going to get interesting. Love it

MightywhooshMightywhooshover 2 years ago

Not sure about this as yet, a new Ryan series is good but this MMAS nonsense has been done to death in other works. We will see how it progresses and how many other old characters turn up like justice o'peace etc.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Interesting, very interesting. Hmmm. LP

eljj5456eljj5456over 2 years ago
1 million stars

another Masterpiece from saddletramp1956

likeboblikebobover 2 years ago

I hate authors that do not post the whole story or make you wait for remainder.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

good story so but like the cops said it's all coming together to easy.......................waiting for the next chapter!

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

good story so but like the cops said it's all coming together to easy.......................waiting for the next chapter!

Texican1830Texican1830over 2 years ago

Likebob it’s a double edge sword. Post three pages and catch hell for too little; post all nine and catch hell for too much. ST is warning this one is long.

maninconnmaninconnover 2 years ago
Great story so far.

But for the record, the crime rates per capita in New York City are very low compared to other metropolitan areas, especially for violent crimes. Your detective might have moved to avoid the traffic or the crowds or the cost of living, but many small cities and towns have far worse crime rates.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

@likebob

I hate authors that do not post the whole story or make you wait for remainder.

So don't read them, then whine about it. The title included pt. 01.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

And of course

The know all and see all sbrooks has spoken.

moralcompassmoralcompassover 2 years ago

Have to agree with likebob. Please don't publish a story until you have finished it. Secondly, I won't be bothered reading any more of this one. You have done this subject (and it's not a very good one) of domineering wives and submissive husbands to death.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I don’t know , as I haven’t nearly read them all , but I doubt seriously there is too many authors on this site that can build characters as well as you do ! You have a knack for the nuances in your characters personalities and their mannerisms and local environmental influences ! I’m very impressed and consider myself a tramped fan . Looking forward to the next time your ‘ back in the saddle again ‘ !!! 5 stars for this un

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Rated it a 5

Saddletramp writes very well doesn't he.

Saddletramp you have a high number of followers per number of stories written.

This story and the second one I have read both before rating this one.

I find reading this story a pleasure. It flows real well and easy to follow the intended communication. It's not boring or and distraction in any part.

Thank You and these two stories remind me of certain nation that uses poison on high value targets. You must have a high level of experience-s to write so cleverly.

6King6Kingover 2 years ago

NICE!!! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

".... came close to hitting her. She defended herself with an iron skillet and called 911. Ed was brought into the jail overnight," How exactly is it that a man spends a night in jail for 'coming close to hitting' someone but it's cool to pull out a weapon? There's a level of cognitive dissonance here that I have to believe, due to the whole premise of the story, is intentionally facetious. It is right? Do I win a prize?

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941about 2 years ago

Damn I thought that was where the Cafe originated. By the way this has the makings of a great story, congratulations your story telling prowess is in full swing I look forward to your next efforts

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thanks for sharing...

I’ve followed your progress on this site from the start. In my limited opinion, this is your best introduction thus far. Two reasons, yes! You’re have diligently built the background, however my opinion is based upon the third persons approach. Viewing the “ event “ through thirds person eyes Focus automatically gives the reader a humanist empathy. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Another beginning of an intriguing series as only the author's imagination could create. Enjoying it thus far and look forward to continuing on. Great job, Author!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I loved it. Other than 2 mistakes I thought it was perfect. Mistake #1 was calling Trudy, Ginger while Trudy was being interviewed. And mistake #2 was a syntax? error of he being she and she being he at the end of a sentence on page 2 (that one took me a moment to work out). Don't worry, I was able to get past them, as I expect things like that to happen when multiple people are involved with multiple conversations happening.Nobodies perfect, but ST does try to get it right the first time.

I gave it 5 stars. So far it has all of the makings of "A Father's Justice", which was damn good. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I love your work, but can you please vary the names a little bit? Ron, Ray, Ryan gets a little confusing.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 1 year ago

Holy crap! Had to recheck the category this story was in after all the fetish stuff started showing up, lol. I agree with the Sheriff and Ray that everything is falling into place too easy. Good start, I liked it.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

ST1956 must be a smoker since he uses it so much in his stories. Personally, it's extremely disgusting and needs to be removed. Alcohol usage within the stories is bad enough. Don't care for that either. The rest of the story is great. 4*

Cracker270Cracker2708 months ago

Enjoying this one and looking forward to what is coming up.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A very good start, looking forward to the next chapter.

Five stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES