All Comments on 'Tip of the Spear Pt. 03'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 49 Comments
AngstIgnoredAngstIgnoredover 2 years ago

Strange, I live in Texas, and have voted for county commissioners before. Texas has 255 counties, and they are not all governed the same.

Cringo31Cringo31over 2 years ago

This was a good chapter as it is bringing the story along at a good pace a really building the intrigue as to what the real motives behind the murder are. I am enjoying this story very much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You have me on tenterhooks waiting for the next episode (jaybee186)

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Sorry there saddletramp as an consultant working with local state and Federal entities for over 50 years in all parts of the great State of Texas, the use of the term county commissioners is valid. Yes the official organization name is county court of commissioners but the short version used is county commissioners.

Anyway another great build up episode in the Ryan Caldwell saga. Look forward to the next installment!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
FTD

Shouldnt be this long. -1 for not kikking these fucks yet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I liked the first chapter, read the second until a certain revelation was made, scanned the third to see if there was anything worth it. Some warning that the storyline was episode #714 in the "Secret Woman's Organization" series would have been nice.

Omart57Omart57over 2 years ago

Great story, ST! Keep em coming.

JH4FunJH4Funover 2 years ago
Another good story

Good story as usual.

It is your story take, what creative license you need. I like that you do post the additional information in the notes however. It is always good to learn new teed-bits about things.

I have been catching up on your other series. I like the way you tell the stories and tie them together with little links in each.

Keep them coming. It is quite entertaining.

SDN1955SDN1955over 2 years ago

An interesting story.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 2 years ago

Another fun one!!! Looking forward to the next chapter!

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 2 years ago

ST

You do such a great job on your stories it almost kills me when you fuck up.

"Is he married?" Allison asked. Another picture popped up, this time of another blonde woman.

"Yes," the blonde said. "Her name is Beverly. She's a local girl. Most people refer to her as the 'egg lady.' She keeps chickens and sells the eggs they produce."

Later at the football field.

"Okay, have it your way," he said. "But if you ever change your mind, let me know." Ryan and Ginger said their goodbyes and waited for the crowd to thin out a bit before leaving. They both knew it would take at least an hour for them to get out of the parking lot as it was.

Then you went back to Beverly.

Lose one star for big mistake.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

Well written but moving kind of slow on this one as far as plot progression. Still 5*

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

Very good work, brilliantly told as always. Thanks for the story!

Rolando1225Rolando1225over 2 years ago

Interesting story. Nicely written. Personally, you're one of my favorite's writers here. Thanks for the story and please, keep writing... and finish this story.

DirtySingleMomDirtySingleMomover 2 years ago

1 star the writing was confusing and seemed rushed. Many typos and inconsistencies all the way through it like the one below. When did Ginger get out of prison? This is a sentence at Bertram's memorial, not up to your usual standard.

"Okay, have it your way," he said. "But if you ever change your mind, let me know." Ryan and Ginger said their goodbyes and waited for the crowd to thin out a bit before leaving.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5 stars and i love the comment at the end

t8ntliklyt8ntliklyover 2 years ago

So, Ginger instead of Beverly? Oops! Ok, Allison? Hmmmm..Is there a connection coming? Good story keep it coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I am enjoying this story as I have many of your others, thank you. I was surprised to see you mix up your characters though when you substituted Beverley for Ginger as they left the memorial

likeboblikebobover 2 years ago

Please stop beating a dead horse and move on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I don't know who said Texas has no county commissioners but that was incorrect. My county has four commissioner's and a county judge. They are the governing body of the county.

HOG57headHOG57headover 2 years ago

Love the story line, cant wait for more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Mediocre poker. Try something new.

redbaron172redbaron172over 2 years ago

Awesome story line.... guess most readers don't read your 'disclaimer(s)' at the beginning....LOL.... your world, you make it like you want!!!

FireFox59FireFox59over 2 years ago

LOL!! When you have people arguing about county commissioners or not you must be doing everything else right with your story.

gemman1gemman1over 2 years ago

When I lived in Texas I voted for County commissioners... SO I know they have them. I also voted for the Sherriff and they were not appointed only the Police Chief..; but it is YOUR story

AmunRa218AmunRa218over 2 years ago

Always look forward to your stories. Don't care what's real or correct or even plausible. A great writer takes the reader on a journey. Especially like the journeys you have penned. Just wish they came out quicker. Thanks!! 5*

SemperSolus0198SemperSolus0198over 2 years ago

Enjoying the hell out of this series, the only problem with it is the new chapters don't come soon enough!

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 2 years ago

Enjoying the story. The one error I saw has already been mentioned. Typos are easy to make. You do a good job at creating these stories. Keep up the good writing and Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sorry, but this one just doesn't hit me the way your other storieshave. I've foraken rating it in respect for liking so many of your othres. Perhaps it's just me but the flair seems tobe missing in the characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Who eve told you that Texas counties don't have county commissioners is FULL of it . I've lived in Texas as a 7th generation (one side of the family only ) redneck and am PROUD of it . All of the counties I have lived in over my 70 + yrs all have county comms. They run the crews and budget to keep our county roads and other county properties in good condition .

Cito22Cito22over 2 years ago

Waiting impatiently for next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

one attorney can not ethically represent b3 co-defendants

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Facing down a lynch mob, just like Wyatt Earp. Sheriff Caldwell is tres formidable. Great story ST.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Its ironic that one woman in the story pegged it perfectly when this came out of her mouth...."This isn't good," the other woman said.

Skipped round two of this because part 1 wasnt anything to write home about, thankfully I didnt get all the way through this one either.

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

As usual, a story second to none! I sent Literotica an email asking why and when they'd release your five stories and they haven't gotten back with my, probably never will. I hope they have a change of heart, soon! Best of wishes Mr. MarlboroMan! Oh yeah, 5 BIG FAT SHINY STARS!

teedeedubteedeedubover 2 years ago

You go right ahead and exercise all the artistic license you so desire.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 2 years ago

This is a great story. Are you sure you aren’t a pro at this? Regardless, it is extremely well done. Thanks for writing!

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Great story in the ST1956 tradition

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 2 years ago

A colorful and entertaining cast of heroes and villains. Can’t wait for them to converge. Should be a helluva climax. Maybe MARVEL will pick it up - ya think they’d be interested in an NC-17 division? I look forward to the next chapter. Thanks much!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

story is not done, no opinion. LP

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is Saddle tramps world let him live in it ..That would be like the difference between an m-4 and AR=15 . true I prefer the heavier slugs of a 30-06 . That would be in My universe as I would get to pick and choose

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Interesting material to keep the story moving along . . . Great job, Author!

Aej_1Aej_1over 1 year ago

I like the story but with such a large number of characters you need to ensure that you are pairing the actions with the right people, a bit distracting when you get it wrong.

NudeInMaineNudeInMaineover 1 year ago

Love the series. One goof here: “Ryan and Ginger said their goodbyes and waited for the crowd to thin out a bit before leaving.” Should have read ‘Ryan and Beverly’.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Still a good story regardless of many times I read it. LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 Stars on this one Saddle Tramp . I can understand people saying shit about a messed up line .. But ask them people how many good stories they have written on here ..

RanDog025RanDog0258 months ago

5 BIG ASS STARS!

AnonymousAnonymous4 days ago

I love it. 5 Big stars, and keep it coming. I love this one eyed character, as he's a mans man.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories