All Comments on 'Tipping Point Ch. 05'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
good story

Enjoy this story and his wife should receive a bonus. If it wasn't for her awful treatment of her family over the years it never would of pushed the husband to quit his job and sue and to also start his own business. It is a amazing story and I like the way he handled his discussion with his soon to be ex-wife. Once again, great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Wasn't sure at first....

BUT, this story has really captured me...I have enjoyed your other stories in the past and this one is rapidly becoming one of my favorites from you....love the way you have handled the wife so far...look forward to more about her in the future...and I have to say I am just as, if not more, interested in his success with his new business, very informing....GREAT story and can't wait for the upcoming chapters!

rainbow001rainbow001about 14 years ago
Nice Story

You made Stan real, that is the highest priase an author can receive imo. Thank you for sharing and I am looking forward to reading more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Yes

Keep going. I like the way he handled his wife and also that she was speechless. She must know that her b'friend is a loud mouth braggert and that once single, on her own, all of her creature comforts would be gone, the way it should be. I'm always a little sad when it comes to a wife who cheats and then loses everything due to her stupidity. Of course, and I agree, her losses are appropriate and her wake up call for cheap sex thrills is a lifetime of lonliness and guilt.

Thanks for having him square off with her and, I do think, he should get some data, sue her Company anyway...what the hell, she & her fuck buddy laughed at him, cucked him, humiliated him and those type of people do not belong in a family or good business arena. Screw them both.

Keep writing, I obviously am enjoying our guy and his new life!

size14shoesize14shoeabout 14 years ago
Treated like dirt...

Like the other commenters have said, great story, enjoying the business side of it and would like more of the wife angle. I for one hope this doesn't turn out to be a screw the woman he was happily married to for so many years.

Sylvia sounds like she made a bad choice in dealing with a marriage that lost its luster. Stan seems to be a swell guy and one who wouldn't be a prick to his ex. I'm not suggesting getting back together but I am suggesting kindness and consideration. I thought his treatment of her at their meeting was out of character for him. He doesn't seem to be "torn up" about the divorce. No need to pull the hard-ass routine. Children understand parents separating and getting divorced. They don't understand or appreciate one of their parents being treated like dirt;

There will be weddings and other such events for both to attend. Civilness will be the order of the day. For sure neither parent wants their children uncomfortable because of a chilly atmosphere when the parents are around.

Phil

peteinchicagopeteinchicagoabout 14 years ago
Great Story

I have to disagree with size14shoe, I thought the wife was treated fairly. She appears to be cheating, and by refusing to talk she leaves him with no recourse other than to assume the worse. Certianly she can't expect him to return without major changes being made in their relationship, and if she is cheating, as she appears, she shouldn't expect him to return at all. He seems like a nice guy who has better options out there. I'd like to see some time spent with her, maybe she can explain to him what has been going on in her head to change her into such a shrew. If it turns out she's been sleeping around then he should carry out his threat of suing the bosses and company.

bruce22bruce22about 14 years ago
He has been transformed

and is now a knight in shining armor. Have to admit I find this type of soon-to-be ex-husband much pleasenter than the ex-special forces types.

At least we have more doubts about what will happen and how! Sylvia did not say anything other than lies. Interesting that she still went out on that Tuesday when he set up the face to face. Most wives would have put their affair on hold for the duration. Perhaps lover boy has her under his thumb?

The NavigatorThe Navigatorabout 14 years ago
GREAT!!

Coaster2 your writing skill amazes me. Your stories just get better and better. Being a technical person I enjoy the technical part of this story. It bubbles along in the background, then surges forward for a bit, then slides back to make room for the main theme. As a business person and "in charge" one for many years, I find this main character's skills and decisions fascinating. He is using several techniques I used over the years; breaking the large groups into smaller trouble shooting teams is one. And it is not over done, which would be easy to do. He is not the walk-on-water person many authors like to build. He is just a very smart person, in the real sense, like a few people we can remember in our own lives. You have really perfected this aspect, without going overboard with constant heroic achievements. BRAVO!

cageyteecageyteeabout 14 years ago
Certainly have got my interest!!!!!

I just found this story on the weekend and I have enjoyed every bit of it. Thanks for sharing your imagination and talent, not to mention the time it must take. I also appreciate the chapters coming as soon as they do. Having to wait days or even weeks to see the next installment often detracts from the story.

ArubanArubanabout 14 years ago
Hold the Horses?

Great story, yes, but...should we be so sure that Sylvia was/is cheating? Seems we're meant to think that, but the author has been stingy with hard evidence so far. Even if she is cheating, is it consensual, or could there be blackmail/sexual harrassment involved?

Anyone else feel a twist coming? I'm not rooting for one direction or the other. Just sayin'...

DrPlutonDrPlutonabout 14 years ago
This explains...

...how Sylvia was promoted two times in two years. Sleeping her way to the top would do it. She probably felt guilty, which was why she pushed her husband and family away.

I really hope the story doesn't concentrate too much on the business aspect and has our protagonist moving on and getting a personal life.

Really good read!

grundeangrundeanabout 14 years ago
Great find

I also discovered your stories this week-end and I thank you.

louguy35louguy35about 14 years ago
Great story about...

...travel schedules and all about machine installation and maintenance. And "routine preventative maintenance"! That is an interesting concept, isn't it? I wonder how many plant managers, or COO's have never thought of that. But it sure is gripping reading.<p>

Oh...and there is a story somewhere in there about a cheating wife, isn't there? I mean, do we really know she is cheating?<p>

Anyhow...we will undoubtedly end up with an excellent tutorial in Production Engineering 101.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Not sure Stan is quite the nice guy I thought

Jerry in Washington State, USA - My main initial interest in this story has been my feeling that Stan is a good guy who decides to take control over his broken life and attempt to discard his lousy job and abusive spouse. I totally agree with the steps to quit his job and start his own business, although he is very lucky indeed to have such a relatively smooth transition setting up his own company and customers appearing so relatively quickly. I'm not that sure about his actions concerning his marriage. There's just not enough real info about his relationship with his wife. There have only been hints about some areas of the failed marriage - nothing certain about the "infidelity". There's no info about their sex life and lovemaking from a few years before compared to now. There's no indication that Stan is missing the sex, love making, or just romantic moments from his marriage. Yes, it is a fact that she has been acting like a bitch for far too long, but it appears she might be suffering from clinical depression. We know that Stan's work absences from home are a contributing factor to the failed marriage, but how much attention did he give her when he was home? My opinion about the clinical depression is also partly about the life insurance policy she has with only her son as the beneficiary. Has she been considering suicide? There are few real facts in this story with nothing said about what Sylvia is thinking and feeling. I want this story to end happily for Stan and Tommy, but there's not enough info yet to proclaim Stan as the good guy in all this. I am much enjoying this story and look forward to future chapters.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
NOW YOU'VE FOUND USAGE FOR THE USED

begin tests for new equipment and accessories. TK U MLJ LV NV

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Sylvia, Again!

Since she obviously wasn't happy with the way things were before, to the extent that she was a) having an affair, and b) being miserable to not only her husband but also her son, why is she so broken up by the prospect of a divorce?

It gets her out of an unhappy relationship, and frees her up to do what she wants without sneaking around or feeling guilty.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
MAN VS MACHINE VS THE SYSTEM

a triple threat challenge. TK U MLJ LV NV

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

Only thing I can add is that you have Sylvia's behaviour making no sense.

I can tell you from experience (unfortunately) that nothing you have her doing and saying is consistent with a cheating cunt.

I don't know if you purposefully wrote it like that, but so far we have no real "proof" of what the fuck she has been doing.

Are we going to be told?

magma60magma60over 7 years ago
Enjoying the ride

Good story so far. Still don't know what the wife's issues or goals were. I like the detail and pace of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
3* Excessive expositio about how great a tech repair guy he is

Also, is this story really LW or Non-Erotic?

Major Point: While is building his business, he hasnt filed for divorce.

Therefore, his bitch slut cheating wife could take part of his new business.

C2?????

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

She was having her cake and eating it too. Why would he want to go along with that cheating slut?

Why would he be willing to let the alpha dog survive?

Why was there no non-compete contract with the old company?

nixroxnixrox9 months ago

5 stars - I have a similar mechanical background and yes, I was so happy to be self-employed. So this story makes a lot of sense to me. My idea was called Routine Preventative Maintenance RPM and it was applicable to any kind of machinery, even fast food kitchen equipment.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous