All Comments on 'Tips to Save Money'

by JagFarlane

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
So true

Learn to cook, stud. Save money and enjoy better taste and nutrition by doing it yourself. Cooking together is sexy and can even be erotic. Feed her savory tidbits as you go, right off your fingers, let her lick them. Always cook with wine in this situation, too, you know what I mean? Learn to make good drinks. Learn some basic barman skills. Learn the basic 4:2:1 mix of base liquor, Cointreau, and fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice, added to a cocktail shaker full of ice, and poured into frozen martini glasses. Fix her a stiff drink while you cook. Works with whisky/lemon, gin/lemon or lime, tequila/lime. Don't use cheap liquor!! Measure!! Buy real lemons and limes!! Use the kitchen as a stage while you perform. Learn to make a fast breakfast in the morning while she uses the shower. Give her privacy in the bathroom while you go into the kitchen and make pancakes: I c. flour, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp of baking soda, mix in a bowl. In another bowl, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in the microwave, then add one egg, 1 cup of milk, mix, then pour into the dry ingredients and mix, but not too much. Pour onto a buttered 400F griddle and when she come out of the shower, breakfast is on the table. Nuke some bacon in the microwave on a plate, wrapped in a paper towel. Fast and good. Get some maple syrup from Costco or make a reasonable sub: 1:1:1 ratio of water, white, and brown sugar, bring to a boil. Learn to fry an egg. Hint: put some water in the skillet and cover; the egg will steam. Cut up some fruit. A dollop of cottage cheese is great on those pancakes and syrup. Damn, she will be back for the food if nothing else. Practice, practice, practice on yourself. Make it look easy and she will be impressed. She will tell her girlfriends and sisters and cousins and they will beat a path to your door. Oh, and clean your messy place up. Chick dig clean. Bathroom should be spotless and smell clean. (Hint: make the pancake batter the day before and keep in the fridge. Works well.) Clean place, good drinks, entertaining dinner, impressive breakfast, and she will overlook your premature ejaculation and clumsy cocksman skills, maybe even volunteer to help you in that department again next weekend.

Eric_ShiftEric_Shiftabout 11 years ago
Sage advice (pun intended)

I can cook, mum taught me well.

Taking into consideration health and money, I can't believe how many young women out there have no idea how to even feed themselves healthy food. Then they pay a fortune for weightloss products and diets.

And not to mention what they think is healthy to feed their kids.

It's freaking scary.

I liked anonymous's tips and tricks too. Shame I can't give them a more personal credit.

rdoolittlerdoolittleabout 11 years ago
Preaching to the choir

I'm afraid the people who NEED to read something like this won't. A lot of people just spend without thinking. When the cash is gone, they cartwheel into debt.

rider66rider66about 11 years ago
And your food will taste better too!

Since I started using REAL food a few years ago I've found that I taste strange flavors in packaged products now. Soup is the biggest culprit - I love chicken soup. I often make it from leftover chicken bones. It doesn't matter how the chicken was used origionally - baked, grilled, barbecued - just need a couple handfuls or so of bones to simmer (with whatever herbs and spices tickle my fancy on the day) for an hour or two while I prep whatever veggies I've got. Drain the stock through a sieve and let the bones cool while you add the veg and return to the simmer. Pick the meat off the bones, it's shocking how much can be found, and add it back in just before serving or freezing. Yes, it takes time, but it doesn't need to be watched closely as long as it's on very low heat and enough water to cover everything. And honestly, I do the same process with just about any bones - beef, lamb, white fish, at least to make stock.

But BEWARE, when you just want some chicken soup in a hurry, and decide to use a packet...well, it just doesn't taste right at all. And those little packets of instant soup by the cup - EWWWWW! I haven't been able to stomach one of those in a long time! I honestly can't even tell what they're supposed to taste like any more - I get a mix of gummy noodles, tough bits and starchy taste mixed up in a terrible chemical flavored aftertaste. So if the flavours are that OFF, how OFF is the nutrition?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous