TJ Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jt_hooks
jt_hooks
114 Followers

"Kevin, the other night at dinner, Jacob and Robert told me about your situation after I asked why you were staying with Sean and Jacob. My heart went out to you and I started thinking of what I could do to help. I later contacted your uncle and Jacob. They both let me know the one thing you're most concerned about is college next year. More specifically, how you're going to pay for it. I want you to know, you have nothing to worry about. You are officially the first recipient of the Doris Rogers' Scholarship benefitting youth who display leadership, compassion, and integrity. The scholarship will cover tuition, room and board, books, and any technological devices needed for your classes. Additionally, you'll get an allowance of one-thousand dollars for general expenses every semester.

"Now, I don't want to hear anything about this being too much and how none of y'all can accept this. I'm old and have more money than I know what to do with. I discussed this with my grandchildren since it's their inheritance this is affecting, and they are happy to help. Now, does anyone have any questions or comments?"

Nobody said a word. We were all too concerned by the muffled sobs coming from Josh's chest where Kevin had his head buried. Josh had his arms wrapped around Kevin's head, holding him as close as possible. Sean and I went over to them and we each knelt down by Kevin and placed a hand on his back, letting him know we were there for him.

After he calmed down and stopped crying, Kevin pulled away from Josh. Josh's shirt was soaking wet from the tears, but he didn't care. Kevin, with an awed look on his face, stood up and went and hugged Doris as tight as he could. He must have started crying again, because she started patting his back and whispering to him. Sean, Josh, and I looked at each other and silently came to the same conclusion. We stood up, crossed the room to Kevin and Doris, and drew them into a group hug.

I whispered in Doris' ear, "You're only doing this for the tax write-off, aren't you?"

She could tell I wasn't serious from my smile. So, she said, "If I wanted to do it for the tax write-off, you all would've gotten a full-ride scholarship. Don't be daft. I did this because I'm a benevolent old lady who has too much money."

I laughed. "Daft? Benevolent? Who uses words like that? You could've just said, 'Don't be a dumbass, TJ. I'm a nice and generous old lady.' But, no. You have to pull out your old rich woman dictionary and use words like daft and benevolent, making you sound all fancy and shit."

She grinned and said, "I'm just trying to expand your vocabulary. Now, say, 'Thank you for being such a generous and lovely person, Doris. I appreciate this gift and will do my best in school.'"

I laughed some more. "Thanks for the money, old lady. When can I get more?"

She groaned and rolled her eyes. "It's a good thing I appreciate smartass teenagers who need to learn to just say thanks and leave it at that. Otherwise, I'd take the money back. Well from you at least. I'd give half to Sean and half to Josh. In fact..."

I interrupted her before she could say anything else. "Thank you for being a generous and lovely person, Doris. I appreciate this gift and will do my best in school."

jt_hooks
jt_hooks
114 Followers