All Comments on 'To Save a World Ch. 05'

by Nyctophiliac

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
fantastic story!

Just discovered this. I'll look forward to seeing your next chapter!!V8Xjiu

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Great story hope the next chapter will be soon I if you can manage it.

MasterPDMasterPDabout 4 years ago
Awesome

I love the detail you put into this series. However I do feel as though the pace is a little slow. I'd like to see it pick up a little. Also you've had Aaron summoned as a counter measure to this unknown catastrophe but he seems to be a normal guy. Is there some ability that he hasn't discovered yet or is this catastrophe something a normal person can solve? Please keep the chapters coming as I do think this could be an amazing series!

NyctophiliacNyctophiliacabout 4 years agoAuthor
Thanks!

Thanks for the positive feedback, everyone!

MasterPD: I do think the pace was really slow on this one too. I kinda kept in mind that this chapter would be more on fleshing out the characters, but I figured out too late that maybe I could have done that while also advancing the plot significantly as well.

As for Aaron's character and what makes him special - I hope to answer that in the following additions! :D

Cuthcavs55Cuthcavs55about 4 years ago
You’re back!

I was getting worried the story would fade away like so many other stories on this site when life gets in the way of an authors time to write. This story is one of the most well written fantasy stories that is still being updated on lit from the already intricate lore to the general quality of writing. You’ve created a very deep and rich world which I can’t wait to explore along with Aaron and his friends!

Side note/question: I guess since it’s been awhile since I’ve read the beginning of this story I’ll have to go back and try and find where Trasnu and Serche were first described because Im having trouble visualizing how ‘wolf like’ their appearances are. Like where on the spectrum from plain anime wolf people (just ears and a tail) to straight up werewolf with a muzzle are they?

NyctophiliacNyctophiliacabout 4 years agoAuthor
Appearance

Thank you, Cuthcavs55! I really hope to be worthy of such kind words. I'm glad you love this world that I'm exploring as much as I do :D

To answer your question, I suppose it would fall towards the anime end of the spectrum. I visualize them as normal people with stronger physical features, perhaps a touch lither and stronger looking than an average person. Their most distinctive feature, aside from their ears and tail, is their fur covering instead of skin. I frequently think of them as humans with weirdly colored skin, on account of their fur. Serche's colored a brilliant white, while Trasnu is a mixture of reds and browns, if I remember my own description correctly. Lol.

JoTaKuSanJoTaKuSanalmost 4 years ago
Okay I like it

It's a good story but I didn't understand the lesson with the rocks. Maybe I'm not smart enough to know but maybe it be answered in the next chapter. I will continue to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good story but...

Hi. I'm probably in the minority, but I find the voluminous description and over talking of every small detail bogs the story down, and subtracts from the characters, and the action. There is also lots of smoke and but not enough fire. Like the creature that heals everyone. You gave the scene a huge buildup with an over reaching sense of foreboding and dread, and then it just healed everyone, leaving the reader feeling led on. This also happens with the demon who could easily kill Aaron, but with a glare of hatred, just wanders off. Why did it try to run him down and kill him if he really did not give a dam about the fight? Why write it that way? Huge buildup, and then nothing on the back end. Finally, the wise teacher who speaks in riddles is a tiresome plot device. They're in a jungle, trying not to get killed, and Transu speaks uses the Socratic method to teach simple points. Constantly making mountains out of mole hills makes a tiresome story.

ArcTalyxArcTalyxover 3 years ago

Wow, I’m loving this story so far. Having tried my hand at flint knapping, the frustration really struck a cord with me. The forest has me confused, seeming hostile and always watching, yet peaceful and healing at the same time. The two sets of emotions don’t jive together well for me. The ending of this chapter is terrifying. The loss of Trasnu’s humor would be a terrible loss as well as his survival skills. All told, despite my nit picking, this has been a great read so far and I am looking forward to continuing my literary journey.

2Reader2Readerover 2 years ago

I agree with anon. Every little detail is being explained and nothing is moving forward. Absolutely nothing happening but the screwing each other and hoping the others will join. 3 long chapters of trees and nothing. This doesn’t even make sense. He was summoned for nothing? Stories need things to grab our attention unless the reader is just here for a jerk. I come here to read because people do have good stories. 2 chapters of setup is acceptable but now I’m going into the 4th chapter with nothing. Would have been better if Aaron could feel he had magic and was spending time to learn to use it. Even if it’s a while before he figures it out. That is what the story is supposed to be. Oh well I said my piece. Thanks for writing

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNyctophiliac@Nyctophiliac
Fledgling storyteller. = u p d a t e s = Hi all! Unfortunately, life has gotten the better of me once again, and it will take me quite some more time to update To Save A World. I still do plan on continuing it, but unfortunately, I just can't make it a priority right now, a...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES